Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. (1871 Views)

When You Finish A Test That The Other Classes Haven't Taken Yet (photo) / Photo:see A Final Year Student Of Unizik That Just Finish Her Final Degree Exam / The Quality Of Nigeria's University Education (Let's Rank Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2013

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by zentarr(m): 7:27am On May 04, 2013
At least do it for you mom.
Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by UyiIredia(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2013
Matthew Briggs: Your story is a challenge to me and a reflection of my earlier aspirations (and current regrets). Sincerely speaking, I'd say you should leave although you should consider getting you parents support. I'm 22. Finished from secondary school at 16 and in the 2 years before I entered university had misgivings about the tertiary educational system. I opined that they didn't give student practical skill sets relative to their courses, particularly in the engineering courses. Because of this, a year before I was to gain admission I convinced my parents to enroll me in NIIT. My plan was to bag multiple IT certifications, a few skills such as (forex trading, e-gold trading and circuitry design) and enter the job market. This was not to be as my parent's who discerned my motives threatened to withdraw funding for my education entirely. So I acquiesced and complied with their order to find a university to enter the next year. I'm in the university and now in a rut since my mum is no more, Dad's paralsed and am funding my studies from house rents. I think to myself that things would have been different. Consider yourself fortunate to have used the time to acquire skills which university students as myself would wish for. My advice is that you look for topics in your course that could be of practical relevance to you. That's all I have to say.

Ola.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2013
^^^^ thanks Uyi, for your candid advice. May God see you through your present difficulties.
Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Vickyt: 9:58pm On May 28, 2013
Certificate will boost your skill. Don't give up on education please.
Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2013
Vickyt: Certificate will boost your skill. Don't give up on education please.

Thanks vickyt for ur input
Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 03, 2013
Just seeing this, but worth it.

Matt, there's no doubt that you're SMART and going places. but, a few cautions for you to take.

In as much as you can't please everyone if you must make it to the top, I think you need to be sensitive to your mum's plea. You can do this for her. Besides, having a degree at hand will always give you 'access' at some points in the future.

I don't know what is happening currently, as this thread is ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD, but allow me respond '6 month earlier'.

With your talent and awareness, you definitely do not need formal education to survive, but then, there's more to pick up from your university than book knowledge. This includes you meeting people and breeding positive future connections, learning inter and intrapersonal relationships, being professional, ethics, communication etc... as a matter of fact its a privilege for you learn something (a different career/operation) that you will normally not get involved it.

You already know that you aren't studying to add one to the labour market, so you are not under pressure whatsoever. So, make the positive best of everything around you. I have always done this and I have no regrets.

I have a similar experience with formal tertiary education, but skills I acquired is making the difference, by God's grace. But then, I'm working on completing the formal education soonest (self-sponsored) and I'm only in my early 20s.

Be strong, man.

Pop

1 Like

Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by tsleazy(m): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2013
Wow....i can swear that i've learnt alot from this guy's experience....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2013
@op, men i feel u on dis one. Just try and do it for ur mom, since u knw, u dnt need the CERT for any job, but its wise u keep it. By d grace of GOD, i just got admitted into a federal University after lyk 5yrs of searchin, and wat did i do during my years of searchin? I acquired more skills wit my hands. @op even dough u dnt want to do ur masters, @lst just get the BSC, it will help boost ur confidence. Forget the lyks of Bill gates, and some top richmen who didn't graduate, these is Nigeria, a different society and mentallity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo 2013/2014 Post Utme aptitude Test Postponed Til lfurther Notice / Mautech Formerly Futy Releases Her Admission List. / Help!!! I Was Given Double Admission..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.