Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life (9905 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 / Sijuade, Akure : Massive Roar When Result Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2013
[size=15pt]Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life[/size]

- Nigeria now refines 10.2 million litres of petrol per day.

- Refineries now operate at over 60 per cent capacity.

Premium Times

Published: May 2,2013

The combined domestic refining of crude oil from refineries in Kaduna, Warri and Port Harcourt has reached 10,231,000 litres of petrol per day, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said on Thursday.

Anthony Ogbuigwe, the Group Executive Director (GED), Refining and Petrochemicals, NNPC, made the fact known at a media briefing in Abuja.

He said that the Kaduna refinery was currently running at 65 per cent installed capacity, Warri Refinery, 63 per cent, and Port Harcourt Refinery, 66 per cent.

Mr. Ogbuigwe also said that the refineries were currently producing 5.3 million litres of kerosene and 8.01 million litres of automotive gas oil (diesel) daily.

“I can tell you with every sense of responsibility that contrary to the news making the round, all our refineries are doing very well.

“The major components and various units of Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units, (FCCU), Crude Distillation Unit (VDU) and Vacuum Distillation Unit (DDU) of all the refineries are working well.

“In fact, these refineries have been running consistently for over three months now,” he said.
Mr. Ogbuigwe attributed the stability that had characterised the supply of petroleum products in the country to the good performance of the refineries.

He said the scheduled Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) for the refineries was on course and that already, the Port Harcourt Refinery had taken delivery of some of the components for its rehabilitation.
“I can tell you that five shipments for the TAM PHRC have arrived,” he added.

Mr. Ogbuigwe, however, decried incessant pipeline vandalism and crude oil theft in communities and described the activities as a menace and big threat to the oil and gas industry.

He called on all stakeholders in the petroleum sector and Nigerians to team up with NNPC in finding a lasting solution to the menace caused by the activities to enable the refineries to run without shutting down.
(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/132397-nigeria-now-refines-10-2mn-litres-of-petrol-locally-nnpc.html

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by braine(m): 10:03pm On May 03, 2013
The refineries have been functional for three months and the improvement can not be seen in the common man, so whats the use? Great development tho. Goodluck is finding his way into my heart. grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2013
These refineries have barely refined a drop of oil in the last 25 years, and now...they're up and running at 66% capacity.

This GEJ is turning into a magician right before our eyes.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by oderemo(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2013
not a magician he is actually david copperfield. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Orjioorji(f): 10:17pm On May 03, 2013
thanks to our president. let the enemies of Goodluck Jonathan leave long and see what he will made out of his regime.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2013
ode remo: not a magician he is actually david copperfield. grin

My brother... you see what I'm saying? Rail, roads, airports, power, all getting upgrades. Now refineries. This is the kind of leadership we want in this country, not just people sitting in Abuja sharing money.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by sEyi6: 10:36pm On May 03, 2013
Despite Jonathans' shortcoming, he should be commended for restoring the rail transportation system and the improvement in the Nigerian refineries. Hopefully the issue of epileptic power supply will be fixed.

God bless Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Bigcake: 10:41pm On May 03, 2013
Gej-6 vs 0-Buhari Boko boys. Gej carry go all d way. 2015 i vote thee again n again.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 03, 2013
Rossikk and his hyperbole... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 03, 2013
lol

another propaganda page

what influence does this have on pump price of petrol which is where it affects the common man on the street?

the most important KPI here is pump price of petrol. anything else can be made up statistics

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 03, 2013
mikeansy: lol

another propaganda page

what influence does this have on pump price of petrol which is where it affects the common man on the street?

the most important KPI here is pump price of petrol. anything else can be made up statistics

Lmao... The OP is a gift that keeps on giving... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by CROWE: 10:47pm On May 03, 2013
until the price of fuel goes down all this one is just talk.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 10:48pm On May 03, 2013
mikeansy: lol

another propaganda page

It's not just about the ''pump price for the common man on the street''.

The more crude oil we refine, the less refined oil we need to import, and the less need to pay billions of dollars in subsidies to marketers importing and selling refined petroleum products, and the more money in the treasury to tackle other pressing societal issues, like infrastructure, health and education. Also, by refining our own oil, we can develop indigenous industries that add value to refined crude, such as petrochemical industries, plastics and toy manufacturers, packaging industries, detergents and synthetic oil manufacturers etc, meaning more jobs for the people. etc etc.

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 03, 2013
@Op..,I love the headline. But I would prefer those refineries privatised. I have a feeling that whatever improvement that has been made in refining capacity will be short lived. Even if not under GEJ, subsequent govts will rubbish everything. I'm all for sustainable improvement. So my position is that the refineries should be privatised as soon as possible.

Notwithstanding, its a good development as it will provide relief in the distribution of petroluem products, especially Kerosine for the poor

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 10:57pm On May 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Op..,I love the headline. But I would prefer those refineries privatised. I have a feeling that whatever improvement that has been made in refining capacity will be short lived. Even if not under GEJ, subsequent govts will rubbish everything. I'm all for sustainable improvement. So my position is that the refineries should be privatised as soon as possible

Interesting angle. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by wakaman: 10:59pm On May 03, 2013
Photoshop ni!!!!
Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by galadima77(m): 11:06pm On May 03, 2013
so? let fuel price also roar back to 65 naira. Rubbish....

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 03, 2013
what does it matter to the pepper selle, bus driver, hair barber, petty trader etc if we have some unverified doubling of production capacity if pump price of petrol does not reduce in the 6th largest exporter of crude oil?

or do we not know that pump price of petrol is the one commodity price that can instantaneously change inflation rate and cost of every other commodity in the market?

this is bread and butter economics and the most important KPI (Key Performance Index) is pump price of petrol

If that does not reduce then we still have a long way to go! it is all talk!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by theripper3: 11:21pm On May 03, 2013
Steady rose from the ash like a Phoenix. If it doesn't reduce pump price of Petroleum products , then fccccccuk it. It is totally useless.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:31pm On May 03, 2013
Immediately i saw d name of d OP, my interest to comment and commend this matter jes disappear for my stomach!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by kasiem(m): 11:32pm On May 03, 2013
mikeansy:
what does it matter to the pepper selle, bus driver, hair barber, petty trader etc if we have some unverified doubling of production capacity if pump price of petrol does not reduce in the 6th largest exporter of crude oil?

or do we not know that pump price of petrol is the one commodity price that can instantaneously change inflation rate and cost of every other commodity in the market?

this is bread and butter economics and the most important KPI (Key Performance Index) is pump price of petrol

if d common man can be able to pay lasu school fees, let him exercise a lil bit patience for gej cos na step by step

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 03, 2013
mikeansy:

The implications of increased local refining capacity are as follows:

1 Better distribution and product availability. In fact, this is the most important. If you reside in Nig you would have noticed that fuel is now readily available at govt approved price. The issue of some filling station selling at N10 or N20 or even more above govt approved price of N97 is now minimal. Also very important is increased availability of kerosine which is used mostly by the poor.

2 Reduced importation, reduced subsidy payments and reduced capital flight.

3 Bye products from the refineries will feed local industries, eg textile industries, with needed raw materials. When the refineries pack up, most industries experience untold hardship in sourcing these raw materials

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 12:05am On May 04, 2013
galadima77: so? let fuel price also roar back to 65 naira. Rubbish....
....and even less or else it's all crap!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by koruji(m): 12:23am On May 04, 2013
Another of those mental gymnastics coming out Aso Rock. Roar back? Were the refineries whispering forward when we were told they produce 13 million litres per day during the fuel subsidy debate in late 2011?

Rossikk: These refineries have barely refined a drop of oil in the last 25 years, and now...they're up and running at 66% capacity.

This GEJ is turning into a magician right before our eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by pleep(m): 12:36am On May 04, 2013
Nigerians don suffer.

just dangle a carrot infront of the donkey and he will be forever satisfied.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 12:46am On May 04, 2013
koruji: Another of those mental gymnastics coming out Aso Rock. Roar back? Were the refineries whispering forward when we were told they produce 13 million litres per day during the fuel subsidy debate in late 2011?

Told by whom? Where is your source for this claim? Any links we can click on?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Scarpon(m): 12:49am On May 04, 2013
like this post if u support good luck for next president

28 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Nobody: 1:09am On May 04, 2013
Rossikk, thanks for the good news.
Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by tawa89(f): 1:24am On May 04, 2013
Great development i must say. I can confidently tell you that the CDU was producing at a 10% capacity all these years. The KHU and NHU units have not refined a single drop of crude for more than 13 years. Most operators in this area do nothing from year to year other than collect salaries and benefits. Most of them don't even know much about how to run the Units apart from textbook knowledge. You don't know how one feels when you call yourself a Nigerian and you are stuck in one of these units watching equipment worth billions rusting away. The past leaders of this country really messed up this country big time and to think that some of them are elder statesmen and some are even offering to come back and rule again is an insult to the intelligence of every right thinking Nigerian. I happened to be around when this project was started,i was sceptical initially but i was taken back by the pace of the work. The docile areas where torn apart and fixed ,even the troublesome compressor in NHU was fixed . The impact of this turn around will be felt by ordinary Nigerians.
Kudos to the Government .

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 1:30am On May 04, 2013
tawa89: Great development i must say. I can confidently tell you that the CDU was producing at a 10% capacity all these years. The KHU and NHU units have not refined a single drop of crude for more than 13 years. Most operators in this area do nothing from year to year other than collect salaries and benefits. Most of them don't even know much about how to run the Units apart from textbook knowledge. You don't know how one feels when you call yourself a Nigerian and you are stuck in one of these units watching equipment worth billions rusting away. The past leaders of this country really messed up this country big time and to think that some of them are elder statesmen and some are even offering to come back and rule again is an insult to the intelligence of every right thinking Nigerian. I happened to be around when this project was started,i was sceptical initially but i was taken back by the pace of the work. The docile areas where torn apart and fixed ,even the troublesome compressor in NHU was fixed . The impact of this turn around will be felt by ordinary Nigerians.
Kudos to the Government .

Thanks. This is what we we call first-hand, corroborative testimony and evidence from an independent eyewitness source.

Now no one can claim it's just ''govt propaganda''. cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by Rossikk(m): 1:30am On May 04, 2013
babe_online: Rossikk, thanks for the good news.

Most welcome. wink
Re: Nigerian Refineries Roar Back To Life by IGBOSON1: 1:36am On May 04, 2013
Nice one; though the thread title is a tad melodramatic with all that 'roaring'! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN, FIRS, NNPC Get Seven Days To Submit Accounts / You Are Champion Of The Masses, El-Rufai Eulogizes Osinbajo / Sagay, Ozekhome, Falana Reject Immunity For Presiding Officers Of Legislature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.