Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306616 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rezzza: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2008
I just joined,and i've read all the post on this thread. Funkybaby please i really need your help on UK visa issue,i have a lot to ask and it's very important,I've noticed you are the most active on this thread and know a lot about these issue,I realize you may be very busy,but is there a way i could contact you email/phone. I would be extremely grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rezzza: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
Nairalanders please help my very complicated issue espcially funkybaby,Akolawole,VicJustice e.t.c

I applied in 2007,for a holiday Visa in Lagos,My dad's friend ( a white man ) was my spoonsor,and the person inviting me,but i was refused because the person was not working,and only had a a bulk sum in his account.

I then applied again in March 2008,in Abuja with a new passport ( the new Ecowas passport ),they asked me if i had applied before i said NO,they asked if it was my first passport,i said YES. Obviously i lied,i was rejected for not being a credible witness.
My uncle got a lawyer,and the lawyer drafted a letter saying i said i had not applied before because i thought they meant "if i had applied with this new E Ecowas passport",and that is why i said NO,the lawyer also said "I felt it was my first passport because this was my first E Ecowas passport". He also said i am a young person ( 21),and was in buja for my IT,so i had no one to guide me on how to properly fill the form.

I just applied again last week for the third time,and my questions are :

1. Please, what do you think my chance of getting the visa is ? I attached Letter from my school,hotel reservation(fully paid),uncles statement of account( well running with 3M balance).
2. If i am rejected again,what do you think should be my next step
3. I plan to apply for student visa next years ( PostGrad). Does the issue of my credibility ruin my chances ?

Thanks everyone !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
rezzza:

Nairalanders please help my very complicated issue espcially funkybaby,Akolawole,VicJustice e.t.c

I applied in 2007,for a holiday Visa in Lagos,My dad's friend ( a white man ) was my spoonsor,and the person inviting me,but i was refused because the person was not working,and only had a a bulk sum in his account.

I then applied again in March 2008,in Abuja with a new passport ( the new Ecowas passport ),they asked me if i had applied before i said NO,they asked if it was my first passport,i said YES. Obviously i lied,i was rejected for not being a credible witness.
My uncle got a lawyer,and the lawyer drafted a letter saying i said i had not applied before because i thought they meant "if i had applied with this new E Ecowas passport",and that is why i said NO,the lawyer also said "I felt it was my first passport because this was my first E Ecowas passport". He also said i am a young person ( 21),and was in buja for my IT,so i had no one to guide me on how to properly fill the form.

1. Please, what do you think my chance of getting the visa is ? I attached Letter from my school,hotel reservation(fully paid),uncles statement of account( well running with 3M balance).
3. I plan to apply for student visa next years ( PostGrad). Does the issue of my credibility ruin my chances ?

Thanks everyone !
Hi there my friend, its hard as this VISA boyz tighten up thier game, your Data is on thier system for life, if they have refused you two times, chances are they gonna refuse you again,harsh but its the truth,My honest and sincer advice is to gather your resources and face Canada/USA, dont waste your money on any lawyer or anything, your finger print is with them so they know who you are anytime you show
Hope my advice help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seyibrown(f): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2008
@ Rezza

If your stories add up this time, you'll probably get the visa.

I only hope you received guidance when you filled in your last application form.

If your application is rejected this time, It doesn't stop you from applying again. Your subsequent applications will only be thoroughly vetted given your 'history of not being a credible witness'.

Best of luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by promise2(f): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2008
Hellow All,

I have applied for UK student VISA in 2006 two times and i was denied because the said they are not sure if i will return after study and my sponsor's statement of account was irregular as they claimed.

Now i have paid for my fees in another school and i intend applying by November but my problen is that i dont have a sponsor that have about 3m in his account although i want to use my own personal account that i have about N800,000.00, can my sponsor have btween N800,000.00 to 1m in his account? a personal account not company.
my course is a professional course not accademics ABE Advanced Diploma in Business Administration and fees is 1400 pounds and you will pay 400 pounds as an initial payment.

pls someone should help me because i want to make the necessary effort to get my VISA this time around by his grace
Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seyibrown(f): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2008
@ Promise2

Are you applying for a student visitor visa(not more than 6 months)? or a student visa(more than 6 months)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2008
promise2:

Hellow All,

I have applied for UK student VISA in 2006 two times and i was denied because the said they are not sure if i will return after study and my sponsor's statement of account was irregular  as they claimed.

Now i have paid for my fees in another school and i intend applying by November but my problen is that i don't have a sponsor that have about 3m in his account although i want to use my own personal account that i have about N800,000.00, can my sponsor have btween N800,000.00 to 1m in his account? a personal account not company.
my course is a professional course not accademics ABE Advanced Diploma in Business Administration and fees is 1400 pounds and you will pay 400 pounds as an initial payment.

please someone should help me because i want to make the necessary effort to get my VISA this time around by his grace
Regards.
My friend, the Uk dont realy tell you howmuch the want to be in your sponsor's bank account,anyway, can I ask,do you have anyone who is legit in the Uk and has a full time job? all he/she needs to have is pay slip and proof of address ie bills and his passpor digi page, and if not try in your altimate best to prove you gonna go back onc eyou complete your schooling
otherwise, look for someone with regular income in Nigeria and do deal with them
hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2008
seyibrown:

@ Rezza

If your stories add up this time, you'll probably get the visa.

I only hope you received guidance when you filled in your last application form.

If your application is rejected this time, It doesn't stop you from applying again. Your subsequent applications will only be thoroughly vetted given your 'history of not being a credible witness'.

Best of luck!

Hi, no disrespect to your advice, its all good,I can tell you that he is going to be refused, harsh, but thats the truth and the reality on ground,probably take them 3-5 years to re access his file and data, the reason he was refused last time was logged,this are the typical reason they brought this finger printing Biz,in the old days he would have done a new passport abi,Dont you think since this guy is still  sane, he should gather his resources and face Cana or US? and if he so much like Uk,l8r he can arrange himself to come here once settled,just a suggestion though,hope it helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seyibrown(f): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2008
Hi, no disrespect to your advice, its all good,I can tell you that he is going to be refused, harsh, but thats the truth and the reality on ground,probably take them 3-5 years to re access his file and data, the reason he was refused last time was logged,this are the typical reason they brought this finger printing Biz,in the old days he would have done a new passport abi,Dont you think since this guy is still  sane, he should gather his resources and face Cana or US? and if he so much like Uk,l8r he can arrange himself to come here once settled,just a suggestion though,hope it helps.

Because he has been refused twice does not mean he will be refused again. They will vet all his subsequent applications for loose ends.

If his reasons for concealing the fact that he had a previous passport and had been denied a visa before are as he stated on here, he's still got a chance.

If they think or have proof that the reason he concealed that information was because he has been involved in 'dodgy business', overstayed his previous visas, or had been deported previously, chances are that he would be refused.

Applying for a US or Canadian visa, will they not ask him if he had he has ever been refused a visa to any other country before and for the reasons why? If they find any 'skeletons in his cupboard', he won't be going no where. His good or bad deeds/reputation will follow him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2008
seyibrown:

Because he has been refused twice does not mean he will be refused again. They will vet all his subsequent applications for loose ends.

If his reasons for concealing the fact that he had a previous passport and had been denied a visa before are as he stated on here, he's still got a chance.

If they think or have proof that the reason he concealed that information was because he has been involved in 'dodgy business', overstayed his previous visas, or had been deported previously, chances are that he would be refused.

Applying for a US or Canadian visa, will they not ask him if he had he has ever been refused a visa to any other country before and for the reasons why? If they find any 'skeletons in his cupboard', he won't be going no where. His good or bad deeds/reputation will follow him.

I understand what you are on about firstly, if he has been refused two times well the reason for his refusal stays on his file for life cos they got his finger prints right, now on the other hand even if he says to Can or US clearance officers, they dont have this details ie finger prints in thier data base yet, the reason he wsa refused them two times would always score him low.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
realcool:

funnkybaby i need your help, i want i link to contact youiwant to ask you some thing very important

Realcool, what exactly do you need help for? State it here and if its something that can be sorted out, i'll try my best or someone else here might be able to help you out. Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rezzza: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hey Funkybaby,i see you're online,please can you see my post,and give me a reply on what you think,because i want to get it removed soon as i hear BHC looks at this site. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
rezzza:

I just joined,and i've read all the post on this thread. Funkybaby please i really need your help on UK visa issue,i have a lot to ask and it's very important,I've noticed you are the most active on this thread and know a lot about these issue,I realize you may be very busy,but is there a way i could contact you email/phone. I would be extremely grateful.

Its best we talk about it here. I am very busy these days and i have very little or no time to respond to mails on such issues. Thanks for understanding.

rezzza:

Thanks everyone !

Yeah, your issue is a little complicated.

1)You were denied the first time. You did not bother appealing.
2)You re-applied again. You LIED about your previous application, LIED you had been previously refused and you LIED about not having a previous passport. Thats one lie just too many. You did not bother appealing again.
3)You've re-applied again. Hmm, its almost too late to advise on anything but unless you are lucky, your chances are slim of getting the visa. Me thinks your chances are dependant on whatever you claim to be doing right now(school or work) and your sponsor(if you have stuck with the same sponsor for the three applications).
4)All three applications have been for tourist visa. Haba! What happened to obudu cattle ranch. grin  

Ensure you appeal if the third application is not successful (i sincerely hope it is).

Do keep us updated. Wishing you luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rezzza: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2008
The second & third one are the same sponsor,and yes i am in school. My university sent a letter with my last two applications. So do you think i should appeal,or just wait till next year apply for student visa and pay ALL my school & accomodation fees ? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Promise

Your sponsor's bank statement might not be necessary if you can conveniently finance the tution fees, accomodation and living expenses.

Your closing balance of 800k is not interesting .You said its a professional exam, my question whats the duration of the course? is it accreditated by uk universitities?
perhaps you need to conform from the school authorities if you qualify to apply for a student visa.
Anyways if you still need a sponsor's bank statement, don't hesistate to contact me.
I will surely help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by promise2(f): 6:33am On Jul 08, 2008
Vikiviko,

i have gotten your email address from your profile, i will surely write you today for an assistance on the sponsor's statement of account.
yes the school is accredited in the UK. the name of the school is Chelsea College London,

Thanks man you will hear from me ttoday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by promise2(f): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2008
seyibrown,
A student Visa more than 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 8:35am On Jul 08, 2008
hi friends,
i want to apply for uk student visa next week,and i need some advice,
my uncle is sponsring me,he has abank statement of 4000000 rupees,<60000 dollars>,he runs a restaurant, now do i have to provide evidence of his source of income,if yes,what documents would i require?

and please guide me regarding the sponsors affedevit.

other details:
qualifications:olevel,alevel,ielts score 7.5
i have taken admission in a college for a one year diploma<bcs diploma in IT>
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2008
@n0mi_89

The origin of your uncle's income are needed.
One of such is his bank statement, secondly his company registration,tax clearance .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2008
can anyone tell me what exactly to write in the affedevit <undertaking by the sponsor to bear all the expenses >
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opmoore(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2008
Funkybabe,viviko
help out
You are free to come for your Notice of Decision and international pasport at our office on any working day between 7.30am to 12.00 noon. Kindly request for the customer service unit on arrival.

Can someone told me what the embassy mean by saying notice of decision after submitting my docs in lagos after wining appeal,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
By notice of decision. This gives you the tribunal's decision and comes with a statement of the reasons for reaching this decision.It also confirms the information that the tribunal keep as a record of your appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2008
can anyone tell me what exactly to write in the affedevit <undertaking by the sponsor to bear all the expenses >
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2008
Hello house. I want to apply for a student uk visa  soon and my sponsor is my half sister who is a british citizin by birth.  Although she has a good job that pays well in the uk, she only has a uk foreign account. I was advised by school agents (Global Education Counselling) to use a nigerian sponsor's account only, as foreign uk accounts have a data protection law that stops the ECO from validating information from the sponsor's account statement.

My questions are " is the claim of these school agents true" and "can i still go ahead and apply with my half sister as my sponsor since she is the only relative i know with a good financial backing".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2008
I think Global Education being the school's agent is only trying to be double sure your application is a success.
If they say you can't use your Sister's account for reasons given, i think you should adhere with them and look for a local sponsor here.

If you need a sponsor you can reach me, I'll help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2008
Lie Tbaba, with your concent they can, we have freedom of information Act here, Banks are responsible to that, they only check to see if the name and account holder are valid, anf fax them a copy of the statement 4 the Bank to validate, they only have to say yes its real or Nop it aint,Using a British Sponsor is the best option as you dont need mega money to be in the account, the Agency advicing you not to use the britih account, are they in turn offering you someone to give you a nigerian account?
man those guys just make things complicated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seyibrown(f): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Tbaba,

What are the ulterior motives of the agents you are using? Do you have feedback from people who have used their services before? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Using a sponsor in the UK and another in Nigeria will only stregthen your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by RolandPet(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
I went for student visa last year september but it wasnt successfull,so i will be going again by next week with these documents:

1. i have a degree in petroleum engineering and will be going for MSc in Energy studies,with specialization in international oil and gas management.

2 My admission is unconditional and i have not made any payment,although the school aks me to pay on arrival or if i choose to pay before arrival that i can also do so.The only payment i made is 300 pounds sterling they aks me to pay for booking of accomodation.

3 I'm using a cousine statement of account,he has a share portfolio with cscs worth 13 million naira and the statement of the account that stood at 7 to 8 million naira now.

4 He has giving me certficate of occupancy of his house,letter from his stoke broker and the cscs account report from BGL security. Also a letter from his bank stating that he is the sole signatory to the account,although the account is in a company name not in his personal name.

5 I also have the company resolution letter and memorandum of article of understanding on my behalf,stating that i will be finance with the company fund.

6 There is no tax clearance certificate,only last year own has been paid,so will not be going with that

I WILL LIKE TO BE ADVICE ON THIS??,WILL THESE DOCUMENTS BOAST MY CHANCE OF OBTAINING VISA?

ALSO WILL BHC (ECO) THAT WILL EXAMINE MY DOCUMENTS MAKE REFERENCE TO MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION LAST YEAR?

i was refuse visa last year as a result of the course i choose MSc computer sc.(conversional course),insufficient fund on my sponsor account,that i claimed im working,but i fail to show my statement of account although i put refernce letter from my employee,that i did not show enough evidence to convince them that my sponsor is my blood brother as i calimed because(my brother is bearing iloh while im bearing ilonu and this are our family names,just that iloh is short form of ilonu).

But now,i will not be stating that im working bacause i did that last year when i was still doing my nysc,now that i have my nysc certificate on feb. 2008,i will add it as evidence of what i have been doing after my graduation in 2006.

PLEASE FELLOW NAIRALANDERS! KINDLY ADVICE ME BEFORE I MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2008
I think your application stand a good chance.
Am concerned with your family ties, you have to show enough evidence with your cousin's.
Not paying a minimal deposit to the School is also a concern, though you were asked to apy on arrival.
There are only a few cases i know that as succeeded like this.
My only worry is the tax clearance, it must show it is social and responsible company by paying taxes regularly.
You must convincingly tell why his company is sponsoring you.
Are you employed?
If you are, am sure you have some savings, it is ok you support with your own personal savings.
I wish you all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2008
funky baby/justice i wanted to ask you if u no any thing about covering letter off france embassies.i own a company of my own i will take the company paper along with me, when going to the embassy do i still need covering letter[/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chris4gold(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2008
well guy am also intrested in travel out of this country, but how sure are you? cantact me on my personal mail for details,opeyemi4gold@gmail.com
Regards
Chris
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 5:40am On Jul 14, 2008
i need some help regarding the documents to be provided with the visa application:

my sponsor runs a restaurant,now what documents would i require and which of those need to be the origanal ones<i.e not photo copied>

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.