Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306037 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ funkyaby, e.t.c,

Hi, i was refused a student visa last year and also lost out in the appeal but i am starting a fresh application which i want to submit by june. I want some clarification from you concerning this issues,

1. In the new visa form, there is a question that asks if the applicant has been refused visa to uk.
My question is what do i fill in there since i was refused visa (based on doubt over availablity of funds)

2. Can i pay some money into my account and submit the statement along with the application, since i was also refused
the last time based on the fact that i presented a (family)company account of which my Dad is the Director and the children are shareholders in the company. ( The board resolution to sponsor me was even included)

I really want to convince them of my genuine intention to study and will want your assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2008
HAH:

Hi All
Am trying to get UK visa for my self and wife just for holidays this summer. am earning =N=6.5m annually and i presenly have like 2M worth of stocks and also a land in Abuja and i intend spending 800k for the 14 days trip. Now my problems are:
1,my wife is unemployed and doesnt have any source of income
2,though i have friend in uk i want to stay in a good hotel how do i do the booking and payment
3 how do i book and pay for tours

I really want to have fun. please i need genuine advice

This link might be helpful.
http://www.britainexpress.com/great_british_sites/tour-ops.htm

As per your other questions,your money in stock will be not be considered in the application.You have a good salary and if your a good Bank balance on your account will be ok.
*A leave letter from your employer
*marriage certificate to proof your wife relationship
*Hotel/tour booking/itinery
I am sure you will be fine.
Payments,that can be bank tranfer or your friends/family can make some deposit on your behalf.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2008
@timx
Akolawole and i have told you what to do-on this thread and the visa appeal thread. Dont you read up previous posts before repeating the same questions?

@hah
In addition to what Brownbono has said, you can also pick some useful tips from my previous post on tourist visa.

The covering letter you will include in your joint application also matters. Since your wife is unemployed, use nice adjectives in your letter like your 'lovely/beautiful' wife, etc, you want to take her on a romantic vacation with you, etc and do not forget to emphasize that she will be coming back with you.

@debuoy
Stating the exact contents of your previous visa refusal will assist us in advising you how best to go about the sponsorship issue. Anyway, i think its best you stick to your dad's account and yours provided there is sufficient money in it that covers your entire living costs and fees. Yes, you need to include your sponsor's pay slips.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Shinatu: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2008
HAH:

Hi All
Am trying to get UK visa for my self and wife just for holidays this summer. am earning =N=6.5m annually and i presenly have like 2M worth of stocks and also a land in Abuja and i intend spending 800k for the 14 days trip. Now my problems are:
1,my wife is unemployed and doesnt have any source of income
2,though i have friend in uk i want to stay in a good hotel how do i do the booking and payment
3 how do i book and pay for tours

I really want to have fun. please i need genuine advice

Go to a well established Travel Agency, I know one but I do not want to mention it so that you will not think I am just trying to get business for them.

A good Travel Agency will take care of this, it is what they do, beware of all the funny offers you are already receiving you may end up wasting your hard earned money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2008
Hi all,

I really need help concerning this issue and will appreciate a response. My Dad is willing to sponsor my Msc programme in the uk. i applied last year but was unsuccesful but i am applying again this year. He wants to use his company account and not his personal account to sponsor me due to the fact that the personal accont is not bouyant enough. I will like the house to tell me which what other documents he will need to add to his company account to convince the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by debouy: 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
FunkyBaby,
Many thanks for your response.
In my previous application,The refusal was that my sponsor didnt show proof of funds even though he had money in his account.He earns 75,000 GPB annually which reflected on his statements.The ECo went on abt not convinced my sponsor wants to spendsuch huge money on me.He also concluded that since at that time i mentioned that i was a fresh graduate,why i hadnt proceeded on NYSC as it was mandatory.I had only submitted a letter from my Uni evidencing my status as a graduate with the application and nothing else though.
As per the NYSC thing,i failed to write on the application that i studied part-time and as such part-time students were exempeted from part-taking in the exercise.
My sponsor appealed against the decision but we lost d appeal months after.
Pls feel free to ask more questions.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2008
I will advise your Dad don't use his comapny bank statement only, if he could support it with his personal savings account will be much better.

Applying with company statement as major sponsor is sometimes detrimental.
Other documents you can add to support your application is your sponsor's details like bank details, employment details, tax cert , property docs if available and other docs that shows his financial strength and family ties to you.

All the best Tinx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2008
@Timx!
He can use his companys account,but he must make sure that all the documents to show the registration are attached to the application and he must have all the partners signing that they are in total support and that the funds will be made avaialble to you for your studies.I also think you have to justify why the company wants to sponsor you asin what you stand to gain and what the company stands to gain from the sponsorhsip.But if you can avoid using company statements,becuase legally,a business is an entity on its won.
All the best. wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JCDejiM: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2008
Pls Can Anyone Enlighten Me On The Thumb Print At The UK Visa Application Centre,
Cos I've Submitted An Application But Rite On Apeal,
Now My Questions Goes Thus,
[1] Can I Apply With Another Passport Of Mine i.e Will There Not Be Problem Of This One I Have With The BHC B4?
[2] How Can I TRACK y Appeal,i.e To Know The Status Of My Appeal,Even To Hasten It,
1Luv Till I Hear From Good People Of The House,
I' JC Deji Mayor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On May 01, 2008
@debuoy

i think your question should be on the UK visa APPEAL thread since any new application you submit will be affected by your previous application.

abi moderator SIENA no bi so?

anyways STATE the terms of your refusal clearly not the your own abbreviated version.
What i mean is type the exact words in your refusal letter and post this on the site .Just make sure you remove all personal details.
Remember post in the APPEAL thread

@timx
pple are not being paid for all this advice, bros do some work urself and READ the thread

@ALL
well done o!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 10:19pm On May 01, 2008
Can i invite a female friend of mine to visit me here in london even though i still live with my parents am working but i don't have much money in my Bank account? She has some of the items listed on the first page for the visiting visa (including a good statement of account) so am wondering will it still be possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by babycool(f): 10:38pm On May 01, 2008
Thanks Funkybaby, Pataki, et al. Thanks for all your contributions so far, my next question is;What if the sponsor is self employed and so pays himself, will he still be required to submit  payslips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:19am On May 02, 2008
@babycool

A self-employed business man should keep regular records of his cash inflow, outflow, etc.

For example, an individual that is a 'contractor' who bidded for a contract to supply say toilet rolls at Aso rock. Assuming he wants to sponsor his dependent to uk, all he has to give the applicant in addition to the huge sum of money in his account is all documents relating to the contract he bidded for, photocopies/receipt of the cheques he received from the government, letter confirming from the government that he has successful delivered all the toilet rolls, etc.

Another example i can give you is my nephew. He is self employed but has an excel spread sheet showing every dime that enters and leaves his business, his profit at the end of the month, etc. He pays himself salary monthly and also issues a payslip to himself monthly, lol. All he has to do is just print out the excel sheet and give his 'payslips' to anyone who needs it for visa application.

Company/individual documents such as payslips, company profile, etc explains the origin of the money in the account in a legit business.

In summary, the person should start keeping accounting records of his business and he should 'organise' payslips in his company name and logo.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:28am On May 02, 2008
.@manmustwac
If she has a good statement of account as you claim then there is no need giving her yours since you have very little in it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:42am On May 02, 2008
@debuoy
I'll respond to your questions at the appeal thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 11:17am On May 02, 2008
@ Funkybaby,
That was well stated I must say.

@ babycool,
In addition to what funky has said, I remember some years back when I wanted to drop an application, and I was working with a friend of mine in his IT company as a marketer, all I was being given was cheque at the end of the month to cash as my salary.

When I decided to drop an application, I made 6 months payslips all by myself calculating all the net payment and gross payment thing, of course it was in strict compliance with my bank statement then.

So a private business man must keep an inventory of what amount of money comes in, which must be in good correlation with his/her bank statement, how he gets his money showing what tax is deducted, net payment and gross payment calculations, which often times payslips are a good show to that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2008
@funkybaby

Thanks for that post it was really incisive. Do you agree with the ty4real's post 'cuz for now my Dad operates fully with the company accnt. His personal accnt doesnt reflect much. i think his pension is always paid into that account. But to be really sincere all other things are on ground. I will soon pay 50% of the tuition fees next week and also accomodation fees to show sign of commitment. He also has lots of investment in stocks too. I have been employed for close to 2yrs, should i present copies of my payslip too? Pls. i just need you to confirm this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2008
Tinx

I will still advise your dad uses his personal statement of account .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2008
funkybaby:

.@manmustwac
If she has a good statement of account as you claim then there is no need giving her yours since you have very little in it.

@ funkebaby

But can i also write her an invitation letter inviting her even though am still with my parents or is it best that i book a hotel reservation for her? The purpose of her visit to is to visit me, her brother and buy some goods for her shop in Bayelsa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2008
@ Viviko

My Dads personal account has little in it. How then can i use it. It would have been easier for me to just use the personal accnt if it had enough money in it rather than beat myself up with questions on using the company account. What other alternatives do u suggest?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:09pm On May 02, 2008
@vivicko
timx is saying that there is little money in his dad's account.

@timx
Is the money in your dad's personal account over one mill? If not, your dad's company and personal account as well as yours should do. The covering letter your dad will give you matters a lot. He has to speak of you in glowing and loving terms like you are his pride, his joy, hardworking son, intelligent young man, you will take over the company from him in a few years time, etc, all with the aim of justifying why he should use the money in his company account to sponsor your further studies. Company's board resolution also matters.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:15pm On May 02, 2008
Are you related to the lady? Can you cook up any fool-proof story saying you two are relatives? (this is a lot easier if you are from the same state). If not, then she cannot apply for family visit visa. Let her apply for tourist visa. Read up the requirements for that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2008
@funkbaby, Viviko

Thanks y'all for the hint. i really appreciate it. I work in an engineering coy is it possible for my company to act as a sponsor while my Dad actually provides the funds. I mean my company fronting for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 9:45pm On May 02, 2008
@ funkybaby

If she's coming here to buy goods to sell is it still the same Tourist Visa that she must apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:31pm On May 02, 2008
@manmustwac

I go commot hand for your matter oh. Seems you are just winding me. You've been asking me questions on this lady's issue for months now.

First you say she's coming to visit you. Now you say she is coming to do business.

If she is coming to buy goods and sell in UK, she has to apply for business visit visa.

If she coming to visit you since you two are not related, then tourist visa is more appropriate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2008
@funkebaby

Pls accept my sincere apologies funkebaby i respect u a lot. Am not trying to wind u up. Somebody can come to england to buy goods for business, visit friends and have a holiday all at d same time abi? But na only 1 visa dem go apply for not 3. Am just trying to think of the best way to help her.

Anyway i think i have all the information i need now. I just foundout where the visa application forms are and I can go thru previous post in this thread if i need anymore information

Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:49pm On May 03, 2008
@manmustwac

Alright then. I get the whole picture clearer now.

Of course it is impossible to apply for all three visas which is why you two have to sit down and carefully look at which of the three visa categories that she can sufficiently meet it's requirements.

If i were in her shoes, i would rule out business visa. Why? Take a good read at all the questions/requirements for that in the new visa forms. Besides that, it is really tactical. You cannot tell the ECO that you are coming to buy clothes from M&S or West End in the name of Business visa.

Tourist visas applicants have no right to appeal in event of a visa refusal. I think it is the same for business visas. Now with family visit visa you can appeal but can you claim both of you are related and beat the ECO in this? Can you get tenancy deeds for her?

Like i said earlier, weigh your options well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 12:53pm On May 03, 2008
@ Funky and manmustwac,

In my own opinion, it is best she goes with a family visit. Securing a business or tourist visa might be just for a 3months duration with just a single entrance.

BHC know what they are doing.

@ manmustwac,
What a username you have got there. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:12pm On May 03, 2008
@pataki

I would have prefered the family visit as well.

Its just that they are not related (dont know if they are from the same state of origin), manmustwac still stays with his parents (how is he going to get the mortgage docs without involving his parents-he will most definately need a letter from them), he claims he is low on cash (so he might not be able to arrange another alternative-maybe a shortlet apartment in his name).

Anyway, the ball is in his court. He should just weigh his options well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 4:09pm On May 03, 2008
@funky,

from yur post on tourist visa requrements,

my sponsor,(mum) does not have a current account, only a savings account( civil servant ) will that hinder any hope of getting d visa.

i just want to go and visit for a few weeks(2 maybe) and come back, what r my chances. thank you very much smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2008
@nkc
A civil servant not having a current account? Are you sure?

Haba! Then where does her salary go to? Salary accounts are most times current accounts. Which account does she pay in all her cheques and dividend warrants?

Anyway, reflecting back on a post made here by londoncool, i think you need a current account. All applications i've submitted have been a combination of both current and savings accounts. I do not know anyone that has applied with strictly savings account and if the application was successful or not. The other guys might know. Ask them sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.