Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306764 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by smartkid(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2010
funkybaby:

now, aren't you a darling  grin  kiss cheesy 

Hmnn, I guess that makes two of us. . . but aren't you the principal darlyn?! grin kiss kiss kiss grin

Sent the stuff to your mailbox
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4shizzle(f): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2010
Posting dis on behalf of a confused friend and hoping u guys will help out.

I have a friend who has been 2 d UK couple of times and also d usa, never over stayed. He was a minor desperate to travel then so he adopted the surname of his sponsor on his passport and changed DOB and has thumbprinted for the visa.
The problem now is he wants to get d new e-passport in his real info i.e DOB and surname because he needs to go do his postgraduate program but fear his inability 2 ever get into the uk and usa. what are the chances of gettin a visa if he changes info?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2010
4shizzle:

Posting dis on behalf of a confused friend and hoping u guys will help out.

I have a friend who has been 2 d UK couple of times and also d usa, never over stayed. He was a minor desperate to travel then so he adopted the surname of his sponsor on his passport and changed DOB and has thumbprinted for the visa.
The problem now is he wants to get d new e-passport in his real info i.e DOB and surname because he needs to go do his postgraduate program but fear his inability 2 ever get into the uk and usa. what are the chances of gettin a visa if he changes info?

100% chance he can get the e-passport in his real info if thats his first application but 99.9999% sure any visa application afterwards will be refused and likely to be banned for decades, ofcourse the 0.0001% chance of getting any visa depends on if the visa officer don shake paraga or get kinkin in his system.
So he/she can get his e-passport and face the consequences, but remember that dont stop him/her going to the schengen states, west africa states, afghanistan, somalia, burundi or even kosovo and bosnia.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4shizzle(f): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^^^ l smiley Shegzybaba thnx 4 d response i also think its impossible geting yanki/jand visa ever again on the new passport. mayb he should look in2 other countries like canada/australlia etc or better still remain in 9ja. But i fink he should come clean in d new passport cos dats d only valid idantity in 9ja. jst i,agine him in political power/ goin on official trip at wrk and drpin a passport with a differnt info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
he wont be the 1st person neither will he be the last person in this sorta mess. He should choose the important one, either his job or his travel. when he started travelling, he should have change his name on all his academic records coz he should have know evrything gonna backfire sha. he shouldnt even try to apply for uk/yankee visa, because its gonna end up as a waste of money, and time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
smartkid:

Hmnn, I guess that makes two of us. . . but aren't you the principal darlyn?! grin kiss kiss kiss grin

Sent the stuff to your mailbox

Seen it. Thank you smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
justwise:

Abeg lets talk abt how to start the baby thing, i'm still waiting for u to approve my application, we need to upgrade this frog kissing to another level wink wink

grin grin grin grin
your application is at the 'credit check' stage. I will let you know once i get a feedback from experian grin grin

justwise:

O boy! u wan burn my cable? Anywhere we mention this frogkissing business some how you will turn up cool cool

do not mind them tatafos. do not let them make you lose focus grin
they are just sooo eager to know how events unfold in this our frog kissing gist grin cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eljur: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hi again guys!

segzeybaba, and everyone - do u know if you request your personal data (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/personal-data/ ) do u nee to do that from Nigeria, so the reply is sent to ur home address in Nigeria, or u can get someone (eg. the person inviting you to the UK) to request that on your behalf so the results are sent to his address?

also what doc should be sent to confirm my identity? Copy of passport andcopy of bill or university doc or anythg shd be sufficient?
Do you know whether it matters if the cheque for £10 is sent from friends UK bank account ( mine is in Naira, )

this was not very clear on the Home Office web site,

Much appreciated again!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
@eljur
copy of your passport might be sufficient, but if you have any home office/ port reference number, kindly include it with the letter.

you can use your friend's cheque or get an international postal order made payable to "'Home Office Accounting Officer', dont send a cheque in Naira, as that will be returned back to you straight away.

Then write

"I would be grateful if you could disclose the entire contents of my file. I enclose a cheque/international postal order for £10".

Sign the letter and send the original but keep a copy, and send by recorded post to,
The Data Protection Unit
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Rd
Croydon
CR9 2BY.

They send the reply directly to your home address in Nigeria as they have on your file, but if you want to use a friend address, then you gotta follow the rules stating;

any request made by a person purporting to act on behalf of someone must be accompanied by a signed authorisation by the individual concerned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
@smartkid

I used expedia.com for the US reservation which I paid online using my diamond bank visa credit card. I guess I can use similar payment method this time around. While in the US i opened an account with Bank of America and I have the debit card, but I’m not sure if I can use it to pay for the UK hotel reservation. Maybe I need to clarify that from Bank of America

did you pay for the whole reservation on expedia.com or just the mere booking deposit? and is this acceptable at the US embassy in 9ja?

any questions asked or stuffs requested from you at the interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by smartkid(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
segzeybaba:

@smartkid
did you pay for the whole reservation on expedia.com or just the mere booking deposit?

Yea i paid for the hotel online with my diamond bank visa card. I booked sun suites hotel in Houston, Texas. But after the interview we decided not to go to Houston again, so we changed the booking (via expedia) to clarion hotel long island, new york, at no extra fee. Different hotels and different tariffs, so the amount paid was applied in full to the 2nd hotel, to give you pro rata whatever number of days it can give. In our own case clarion hotel was more costly than sun suites, so the number of days reduced

segzeybaba:

and is this acceptable at the US embassy in 9ja?

Yea it should be acceptable. Just print the reservation/itinerary and take it along.

segzeybaba:

any questions asked or stuffs requested from you at the interview.

You bet! But we had it easy anyway.
Let me give you a brief of our interview, in September 2009. The following formed part of the docs we took along:

Hotel reservation: The consular officer did not ask for a copy of the hotel reservation. 

The consular officer did not ask for the letter of introduction from my employer.

Our marriage certificate was not asked for, even though it was a spouse’s (or is it family) application. . .  with my wife and child

He did not bother asking for my bank statement of account, as proof of funds to cover the trip.

He did not bother asking for my payslip, as proof of salary/income. He merely asked me verbally now much my average monthly income was, which I told him.

I took my real estate title documents along, but were not asked for.   

The ONLY document the consular officer asked to see was our child’s birth certificate, (of course other than the mandatory application forms and the visa application payment receipts which we handed over).

The very first question the consular officer asked me was ‘you are a chemical engineer?’ (which he saw from my application form) and I replied ‘yes’. We filled my wife’s occupation as housewife, so he asked if she had any source of income, and she said no, except from me. He jokingly asked if it was sufficient, and of course she said yes! He also advised us that Houston is quite far, so we should plan well for our child. He also asked which countries I’ve travelled to, and I told him. Of course he was busy with his computer most of the time. 

I guess that’s it. He finally gave us that their green card to pick up our passports in 2 days. Upon collecting the passports I saw 2 years multiple entry for all of us! In the case of US the consular officer decides the length of your visa (to a max of 2 yrs i think), unlike that of UK where you choose the visa period during the application stage.

And may I also add that my wife was about 7 months pregnant- very visible pregnant!  But the consular officer did not say anything about the pregnancy. 

Summary: Being 1st time applicants from Nigeria, it was definitely a miracle, so it was simply God at work!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eljur: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ segzeybaba - thx a mil!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by blak: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
hello house,wat is the implication of being pregnant while studyin in the uk as an international student?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
Thanks @smartkid, ur really a smartkid alie undecided

blak:

hello house,wat is the implication of being pregnant while studyin in the uk as an international student?

Theres nothing wrong being pregnant while studying. And also using the NHS is not a problem, as NHS is not regarded as public fund under Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.
Get your baby, a passport and apply for a student dependant visa for him/her after the delivery, but pls, dont claim any child benefit or child tax credit afterwards, inshort dnt recourse to public fund (CTC, HB, CB, WTC, Housing frm council), as this can have severe effects in the near future.
Wish you a safe and fast delivery.
goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:50am On Mar 23, 2010
blak:

hope all that answered your question ,but note, for your child to be a british citizen one of the parent got to be british or settled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by guzy: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2010
Hello house. I complained not long ago about the passport photograph on my WAEC result that is not clear at all. Well now, i want to know if i can use my NECO result to apply for UK student visa. Does NECO have thesame value in the eyes of those ECO's as WAEC? Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2010
guzy:

Hello house. I complained not long ago about the passport photograph on my WAEC result that is not clear at all. Well now, i want to know if i can use my NECO result to apply for UK student visa. Does NECO have thesame value in the eyes of those ECO's as WAEC? Thanks all

Absolutely yes, i used my NECO during my student visa application, only if things have changed now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cream2(m): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2010
smartkid,

my wife went through a similar experience in august 09, she went fully fortified with all the documents needed (even tried to carry wedding album with her and i had to draw the line there) and during the interview the guy didn't even look at one single item and before you know it he gave her a 2 year visa as a first timer.

just makes me wonder what the criteria really is or is it that the officer just wakes up feeling in a good mood and decides to give
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 26, 2010
Hi all,
Please i would like to ask a couple of questions

1. I was rejected a uk transit visa when i wanted to travel back to school in the carribeans.

reason, 1. when i was asked if my sister was accompanying me, i said no cos we bought seperate tickets etc, infact i didn't understand the context of the question and they were like u were asked if any1 was accompanying u and u said no but a passport with a different name going to the same destination with you was found bla bla(my sister)

2. I put in my parents statement of account without a letter from them

3. My stupid agent sent our travel itinery via email, and we just printed it like dat, infact we were kinda inexperienced cos all our travel had been arranged by agents.

4. They said i didnt submit my original school admission letter(gave em d scanned one)

I left for school via netherlands tho, but now, i want to apply for a visiting visa, im very scared this will marr my chances, and i hope i haven't been silently blacklisted cos of the accompanying thing?

Please should i go ahead to apply? or am i doomed? thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On Mar 26, 2010
I say go for it man, but be prepaired to defend what ever Docs you've got and more importantly pray the ECO ain't in a bad mood,trust me, I know all about that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 26, 2010
Please I would like to know the likely implication(s) of not includind my WAEC certificate in support of stuident visa application for a 6months pre-MBA course.

Is it likely that my application may be rejected because of this? Your urgent and candid response is highly needed.

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
akanawu:

Please I would like to know the likely implication(s) of not includind my WAEC certificate in support of stuident visa application for a 6months pre-MBA course.

Is it likely that my application may be rejected because of this? Your urgent and candid response is highly needed.

Thanks for your assistance.
Well I dont realy think it matters since you have got a Bsc already, but to be on the safer sid why wont you wanna include your WAEC Certificate ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toyinajani(m): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2010
I think you dont need any letter of invitation again as you already have your data in their system, if you do so, it may be suspicious.You only need your own documents that would prove your genuinty and trust.House what do you think?
Is it a must ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2010
Funkybaby, Sienna et al

Pls help me!!! I would like to know the likely implication of not including my WAEC certificate in support of a student Visa application for a 6months pre-MBA programme.

I don't want to include it because the date of birth (DOB) on it does not tally with that on my e-passport, your response is highly needed and will be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2010
akanawu:

Funkybaby, Sienna et al

Pls help me!!! I would like to know the likely implication of not including my WAEC certificate in support of a student Visa application for a 6months pre-MBA programme.

I don't want to include it because the date of birth (DOB) on it does not tally with that on my e-passport, your response is highly needed and will be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your assistance.
My friend, dont be P'ed off by my question,is there a date of birth printed on WAEC certificate?I cant remember seeing one on mine,could you clearify us on this so as to assist the house in giving you the right responce plz.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
All WAEC certificates issued as from 1999/2000 or thereabout carry passport pix and have D.O.B printed on them.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
akanawu:

All WAEC certificates issued as from 1999/2000 or thereabout carry passport pix and have D.O.B printed on them.
Thanks.
Ok, sorry, I never knew this, I am of the 1992 WAEC era,oh well you got a problem there then, you cant use it if its gonna conflict with your DOB in Passport,my advice is do another passport with same DOB in ur WAEC cert
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2010
I have a friend studying in the UK (newcastle) and he has once invited his wife successfully to the UK,which she visited and stayed for a while and came back to Nigeria.
Now he wants to invite me for a visit to the UK.I have only visited South Africa for a week which was in 2006 for an international training organised by VIASAT Inc.
I intend to travel to UK around 1st week of July 2010 and will like to apply for the UK visa around 1st week of June 2010
I have the following supporting document

1) I work with a telecommunication company that provide network services for banks
2) Pay slips (current monthly salary of N204,000)
3) Statements of Personal Current and Savings accounts (which will amount to N850,000 before application date)
4) Domiciliary account statement showing past transaction totaling $15,000 but with current balance of $200 (though I use this account for car importation business from USA and the business is unregistered,it is been carried out in my name, do I need to show evidence of cars I have sold? because I have transaction evidence
5) 2 Statements of Savings account I setup for my 2 kids worth N186,000
6) Employment letter
7) letter of introduction from employer
cool Marriage certificate of 2yrs 7months
9) Children's birth certificate of my 2 kids(1st child 1yr 9month and 2nd child 7months)
10)Landed property document worth about N750,000

I will like to know my chances of been granted VISA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shekzy112(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2010
pls i need advice on d documents i should submit for my visa application.i av d C.A.S Letter n #3.2m in my acct for 27days.do i need a reference letter because i dnt av a job now but i av an uncle that can help.d sch sent me a letter of accomod. but intend to stay with a relative in d uk close to d sch.my sch resumes on d 4th of may
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2010
shekzy112:

pls i need advice on d documents i should submit for my visa application.i av d C.A.S Letter n #3.2m in my acct for 27days.do i need a reference letter because i dnt av a job now but i av an uncle that can help.d sch sent me a letter of accomod. but intend to stay with a relative in d uk close to d sch.my sch resumes on d 4th of may

Use the same documents u submitted when u applied for the course. If you share the same surname with ur uncle then he can write sponsor's letter for you if not he can't.

Interms of money u have in ur bank a/c, if ur school is in london then ur maintenance money is £7200 plus ur school fees, outside london is £5400 plus ur school fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
osarodon:

I have a friend studying in the UK (newcastle) and he has once invited his wife successfully to the UK,which she visited and stayed for a while and came back to Nigeria.
Now he wants to invite me for a visit to the UK.I have only visited South Africa for a week which was in 2006 for an international training organised by VIASAT Inc.
I intend to travel to UK around 1st week of July 2010 and will like to apply for the UK visa around 1st week of June 2010
I have the following supporting document

1) I work with a telecommunication company that provide network services for banks
2) Pay slips (current monthly salary of N204,000)
3) Statements of Personal Current and Savings accounts (which will amount to N850,000 before application date)
4) Domiciliary account statement showing past transaction totaling $15,000 but with current balance of $200 (though I use this account for car importation business from USA and the business is unregistered,it is been carried out in my name, do I need to show evidence of cars I have sold? because I have transaction evidence
5) 2 Statements of Savings account I setup for my 2 kids worth N186,000
6) Employment letter
7) letter of introduction from employer
cool Marriage certificate of 2yrs 7months
9) Children's birth certificate of my 2 kids(1st child 1yr 9month and 2nd child 7months)
10)Landed property document worth about N750,000

I will like to know my chances of been granted VISA
You are good to go man.,the only thing you need is prayers that everything goes smoontly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temmym3(m): 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hello all, please i will be applying for a UK student Visa too this year for september admission. Can i use my Dad's friend as a sponsor for my Uk education on my students visa application? He will be responsible for the bank statements. I dont want to use my dad's own account because i am afraid it wont be enough for sponsor and i dont want my visa denied. My Dad's friend has agreed to be the sponsor and provide account statement. Is this acceptable for student visa tier 4 sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (145)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.