Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor (15069 Views)

Photos From D Ewi Of Ado Ekiti 's Udiroko Festival 2015 [ Gov Fayose's Arrival / Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo / Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 04, 2013
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has forwarded the name of Chairperson of the State’s Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Prof Modupe Adelabu, to the State House of Assembly for consideration as the new deputy governor of the state.

Governor Fayemi, in a letter dated May 3, 2013, and addressed to the Speaker of the Assembly, Adewale Omirin, requested the House to consider Prof Adelabu for the position of deputy governor, in the bid to fill the vacant position following the death of the former deputy governor, Funmilayo Olayinka, on April 6, 2013.

Mrs Adelabu, a Professor of Education at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile –Ife, was Head of the Department of Education Administration and Planning of the institution before her appointment as Chairperson of Ekiti State SUBEB in July 2011.

An Ado-Ekiti Princess, Prof Adelabu was born on May 23, 1950 in Ado Ekiti to Prince and Mrs. Samuel Adepoju Adejugbe. She attended Christ’s School, Ado-Ekiti (1962 – 1967) and Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo (1968 -1970). She holds a B.A. (Ed) (1975); MPhil (1981); and PhD (1990), all from the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile- Ife.

Prof Adelabu started her teaching career as a Graduate Assistant in 1976 in the Department of Educational Administration and Planning , OAU, where she rose to the post of Professor in 2008. She served as Head of the Department of Educational Administration several times and also served as External Examiner in some universities including the University of Ibadan; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin and Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.

She has served as Council Member of National Teachers’ Institute (2001 – 2003), Council Member, Christ International Divinity College (an affiliate of Acadia University Canada) Erinmo (2005 – 2010); Member Planning and Implementation Committee Joseph Ayo Babalola University (2004 – 2005); Member of Council Joseph Ayo Babalola University (2005 – 2010). She was also a foundation member of Board, Ekiti State World Bank Assisted Poverty Reduction Agency (2000 – 2003); Member of Oxford Round Table, Oxford England, among other bodies.

A seasoned scholar and administrator of international repute, Prof Adelabu’s major research area is on policy and personnel issues in education, including the roles of the state in education; teacher education as well poverty and gender related issues in education, particularly in rural areas. She has published over 30 articles in both national and international journals.

She has consulted for the World Bank, Universal Basic Education Commission in Nigeria, United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and other international agencies.

She has also served as resource person for UNDP, UNICEF and UNESCO on various educational issues. She was also part of the 15-member Education Reform Panel that worked on Ekiti State government’s reforms in the education sector.
She is a recipient of the 2013 Kwame Nkrumah Leadership Award (African Administration Icon) organised by the All- African Student Union (ASSU).

SOURCE: http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2013/05/fayemi-names-new-deputy/

4 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 04, 2013
The choice of Prof Adelabu,with such an impressive profile, looks great.

2 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by OLAADEX(m): 11:02pm On May 04, 2013
bayooooooo: The choice of Prof Adelabu,with such an impressive profile, looks great.
Good news from our dear state.

4 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Demdem(m): 11:46pm On May 04, 2013
Excellent choice. Impressive credentials. I think I know this woman from OAU.
It's interesting to note also that the gov and proposed deputy finished from christs school.

3 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by ochukoccna: 1:11am On May 05, 2013
Safe choice by oga Fayemi
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by decrox199(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2013
Sexy mama

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by effisyman: 11:24am On May 05, 2013
Fayemi has continously displayed his believe and trust to the vasatility our women.

Kudos to fayemi and congrats to Adelabu.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 11:29am On May 05, 2013
Am I the only one that observe that about 4 of every 5 Nigerian university-educated elite in Ondo and Ekiti states finished from Ife.

Fayemi himself, his predecessor, Segun Oni too. Last Ondo guber was dubbed 'Battle of Great Ife'.

5 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by coogar: 11:40am On May 05, 2013
oh my gosh - this is dapo adelabu's mum.
time to ring dapo. cool

2 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by MrGlobe(m): 11:46am On May 05, 2013
they should have atleast replace the late beautiful one with another beautiful one. Oh its ekiti.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 11:47am On May 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 11:53am On May 05, 2013
This mummy e yaff read all the book in the whole world finish o, Ekiti n Ondo pple sha, dey can lyk to read book. Wonder y our coconut head of a president won't gv those states two out of the proposed 9 new federal unis.

1 Like

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by BinghiNya(m): 12:03pm On May 05, 2013
coogar: oh my gosh - this is dapo adelabu's mum.
time to ring dapo. cool
did u finish from oau
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by coogar: 12:05pm On May 05, 2013
BinghiNya: did u finish from oau

no, i know a lot of people that did. i visited several times too.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by BinghiNya(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2013
BinghiNya: did u finish from oau
try ring dayo too lol road 17 things
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by wandeykul(f): 12:21pm On May 05, 2013
Congrats 2 u ma
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by tomzman: 12:23pm On May 05, 2013
Such is life. One man goes another one comes. From her profile, she seems fit for the job. Best of luck to her.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by airmark(m): 12:52pm On May 05, 2013
Ekiti state is blessed with learned people only for it to be transformed into massive physical infrastructural development.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Bharbieface(m): 1:03pm On May 05, 2013
time to ring dapo. cool

Congratulations to Prof Modupe Adelabu... Abeg holla me dapo no sef mke ah holla am 2 grin
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by amber222(f): 1:10pm On May 05, 2013
Amusaopeyemi: This mummy e yaff read all the book in the whole world finish o, Ekiti n Ondo pple sha, dey can lyk to read book. Wonder y our coconut head of a president won't gv those states two out of the proposed 9 new federal unis.
Dt ws then o.d generatn nw don't study like d generatn then
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:12pm On May 05, 2013
Interesting profile.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by ninja4life(m): 1:19pm On May 05, 2013
Mr. Globe:
they should have atleast replace the late beautiful one with another beautiful one. Oh its ekiti.
fool na beauty it takes to lead a state in ur jungle village no wonder u hav coconut head leaders.
Congratulation to d new deputy governor hope she hav positive impact on d state and not competing for d best looter in d state.lol

3 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by purplekayc(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2013
@ least dz one no fine reach d oast one, fayemi wife no go fit accuse am of sleeping wit her husband and givin her unwanted slaps!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by imarena(f): 1:48pm On May 05, 2013
Beauttiful profile, I am getting there!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 05, 2013
I long to see the day a woman will be governor but for now kudos to Ekiti for giving the number 2 position to a woman once again.
She looks like a relative of mine.
Nice earrings and necklace
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by fadeyemi(f): 2:01pm On May 05, 2013
Congrats to Prof Modupe. Oau rules :-
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Justicemy: 2:37pm On May 05, 2013
frm de comments av seen here so far its seems dat ekiti pple dominates nairaland, hmmm see bias comments 4 backyard ekiti ooo
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 05, 2013
Amusaopeyemi: This mummy e yaff read all the book in the whole world finish o, Ekiti n Ondo pple sha, dey can lyk to read book. Wonder y our coconut head of a president won't gv those states two out of the proposed 9 new federal unis.
I tink FUOYE in ekiti is part of d unis, also proud to com frm ekiti!!!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 05, 2013
They should create the Ekiti we are desire.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by apache77(m): 3:19pm On May 05, 2013
time to ring dapo. cool

Yea- as well his sisters- Dolapo- the doctor, Doyin the accountant and dayo the barrister..Abeg where diz my people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption Case Not Closed - EFCC Tells Akpabio / FEC Approves N109.187bn For Road, Hostel Contracts / Nigeria Hires US Oracle Corp & Microsoft Corp To Save Costs & Fight Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.