Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor (15077 Views)

Photos From D Ewi Of Ado Ekiti 's Udiroko Festival 2015 [ Gov Fayose's Arrival / Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo / Akwa-Ibom' s Deputy Governor Resignation Letter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by coogar: 3:21pm On May 05, 2013
apache77:
Yea- as well his sisters- Dolapo- the doctor, Doyin the accountant and dayo the barrister..Abeg where diz my people?

pretty sisters - i saw dayo in london a couple of years ago. she's married now though!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:40pm On May 05, 2013
apache77:
Yea- as well his sisters- Dolapo- the doctor, Doyin the accountant and dayo the barrister..Abeg where diz my people?

Dapo-Dolapo-Doyin-Dayo; wow! The family with the D names!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by 1forall: 3:45pm On May 05, 2013
coogar: oh my gosh - this is dapo adelabu's mum.
time to ring dapo. cool

Someone's Mom attains a post and it suddenly becomes time to call him.
Is the guy that undiscerning that he won't know that's why you're now calling?

1 Like

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by cashflowpc(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
Na we we! Am proud to be an alumnus of OAU! Am proud to be indigene of ekiti state!

Congrats ma!

Abaria agbewa o!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Deejaygold(m): 4:36pm On May 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
CONGRATULTIONS
To Mrs Modupe Adelabu
God will give you strength and power
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Eziachi: 5:01pm On May 05, 2013
What a waste!
All that time, money and energy spent preparing her thesis toward her PHD had now been abandoned just to become a politician without a portfolio?

Someone should please remind me what a deputy governor does on a daily basis?

Instead of forwarding and pioneering the future with her God given brain towards young ones is the field of academia, she took a backward step of joining the bandwagon of nonentities of no use to the society.

Only in Nigeria that you have professors leaving the their class room where they will be most useful to the society to become a local government chairman.
It shows how education is meaningless in Nigeria, degrees are just glorified university version of chieftaincy titles.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi: What a waste!
All that time, money and energy spent preparing her thesis toward her PHD had now been abandoned just to become a politician without a portfolio?Someone should remind me what a deputy governor does or a daily basis?

Instead of forwarding and pioneering the future with her God given brain towards young ones is the field of academia, she took a backward step of joining the bandwagon of nonentities of no use to the society.

Only in Nigeria that you have professors leaving the their class room where they will be most useful to the society to become a local government chairman.
It shows how education is meaningless in Nigeria, degrees are just glorified university version of chieftaincy titles.

May be you should start by telling us what a governor does on daily basis?

How is joining politics a backward step? How long should she have been in academia to make you happy? All over the world, people leave academia to serve in government, it's not new and does not even suggest in any way that education is meaningless.

To be sincere, I am amazed by your line of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Eziachi: 5:22pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

May be you should start by telling us what a governor does on daily basis?

How is joining politics a backward step? How long should she have been in academia to make you happy? All over the world, people leave academia to serve in government, it's not new and does not even suggest in any way that education is meaningless.

To be sincere, I am amazed by your line of reasoning.
This not personal nor do I want to go into any fight with you. Make your own point, this my own opinion.

I know what a governor does, I don't know what a deputy governor does, if you know, please tell us. Not every political step in my opinion is a forward step, and deputy governor is one of them, a meaningless position.

Its all about joining the Nigerian gravy train. I can just imagine Achebes or Soyinkas of this world, becoming anybody's deputy governor, when they have better things to do with their lives.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Mospring(m): 5:24pm On May 05, 2013
idaful choice there!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by OmoTier1(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2013
coogar: oh my gosh - this is dapo adelabu's mum.
time to ring dapo. cool
Bros, level don change be that oh... You better call him sharp sharp before him switch off him phone embarassed if anything, you fit be Him Special adviser on e-communication on Nairaland cool
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi:
This not personal nor do I want to go into any fight with you. Make your own point, this my own opinion.

I know what a governor does, I don't know what a deputy governor does, if you know, please tell us. Not every political step in my opinion is a forward step, and deputy governor is one of them, a meaningless position.

Its all about joining the Nigerian gravy train. I can just imagine Achebes or Soyinkas of this world, becoming anybody's deputy governor, when they have better things to do with their lives.

I had a good laugh

There is no fight anywhere. You have a right to your opinion but remember you are expressing such opinion in a forum where one or two people may seek clarification or disagree with your point of view completely. I still want you to tell me what a governor does on daily basis. I am willing to learn.

There's nothing special in becoming a professor, it's just the peak of another profession. That you are a professor does not mean you can't deputize for someone. Achebe was a deputy chairman of a political party before in this country.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Eziachi: 5:47pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

I had a good laugh

There is no fight anywhere. You have a right to your opinion but remember you are expressing such opinion in a forum where one or two people may seek clarification or disagree with your point of view completely. I still want you to tell me what a governor does on daily basis. I am willing to learn.

There's nothing special in becoming a professor, it's just the peak of another profession. That you are a professor does not mean you can't deputize for someone. Achebe was a deputy chairman of a political party before in this country.

Achebe was a member of a political party, its not the same as leaving what you trained for years behind to become a politician without a portfolio. I know what a president does, I also know what governors, ministers and commissioners does, but in Nigeria, vice president and deputy governors, I don't know what they do.
They are not even considered good enough to succeed their bosses after their terms. If you know what they do, as you seems to be the expert, kindly let me know-I don't know.
Only a brain drain Nigeria will consider professorship as nothing-that confirmed it, it just a chieftaincy title.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi:

Achebe was a member of a political party, its not the same as leaving what you trained for years behind to become a politician without a portfolio. I know what a president does, I also know hat governors, ministers and commissioners does, but in Nigeria, vice president and deputy governors, I don't know what they do.
They are not even considered good enough to succeed their bosses after their terms. If you know what they do, as you seems to be the expert, kindly let me know-I don't know.

grin grin grin grin

I have not even written a line claiming to know what they do, so don't arrogate to me an expertise I have not claimed. I am ready to learn. Please tell me what a governor does on daily basis.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by NovusHomo(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2013
Another Olivetian.
[/i][/b]
decrox199: Sexy mama
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by NovusHomo(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2013
UP SCHOOL!
bayooooooo: Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has forwarded the name of Chairperson of the State’s Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Prof Modupe Adelabu, to the State House of Assembly for consideration as the new deputy governor of the state.

Governor Fayemi, in a letter dated May 3, 2013, and addressed to the Speaker of the Assembly, Adewale Omirin, requested the House to consider Prof Adelabu for the position of deputy governor, in the bid to fill the vacant position following the death of the former deputy governor, Funmilayo Olayinka, on April 6, 2013.

Mrs Adelabu, a Professor of Education at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile –Ife, was Head of the Department of Education Administration and Planning of the institution before her appointment as Chairperson of Ekiti State SUBEB in July 2011.

An Ado-Ekiti Princess, Prof Adelabu was born on May 23, 1950 in Ado Ekiti to Prince and Mrs. Samuel Adepoju Adejugbe. She attended Christ’s School, Ado-Ekiti (1962 – 1967) and Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo (1968 -1970). She holds a B.A. (Ed) (1975); MPhil (1981); and PhD (1990), all from the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile- Ife.

Prof Adelabu started her teaching career as a Graduate Assistant in 1976 in the Department of Educational Administration and Planning , OAU, where she rose to the post of Professor in 2008. She served as Head of the Department of Educational Administration several times and also served as External Examiner in some universities including the University of Ibadan; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin and Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.

She has served as Council Member of National Teachers’ Institute (2001 – 2003), Council Member, Christ International Divinity College (an affiliate of Acadia University Canada) Erinmo (2005 – 2010); Member Planning and Implementation Committee Joseph Ayo Babalola University (2004 – 2005); Member of Council Joseph Ayo Babalola University (2005 – 2010). She was also a foundation member of Board, Ekiti State World Bank Assisted Poverty Reduction Agency (2000 – 2003); Member of Oxford Round Table, Oxford England, among other bodies.

A seasoned scholar and administrator of international repute, Prof Adelabu’s major research area is on policy and personnel issues in education, including the roles of the state in education; teacher education as well poverty and gender related issues in education, particularly in rural areas. She has published over 30 articles in both national and international journals.

She has consulted for the World Bank, Universal Basic Education Commission in Nigeria, United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and other international agencies.

She has also served as resource person for UNDP, UNICEF and UNESCO on various educational issues. She was also part of the 15-member Education Reform Panel that worked on Ekiti State government’s reforms in the education sector.
She is a recipient of the 2013 Kwame Nkrumah Leadership Award (African Administration Icon) organised by the All- African Student Union (ASSU).

SOURCE: http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2013/05/fayemi-names-new-deputy/
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Eziachi: 6:09pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin

I have not even written a line claiming to know what they do, so don't arrogate to me an expertise I have not claimed. I am ready to learn. Please tell me what a governor does on daily basis.

Ok, a governor is directly elected to govern a state and that involved managing education, healthcare, social infrastructures, preparing budgets. formulating policies geared towards creating job opportunities and investment in his state.
He balances the budget of his state and collect revenue-prepares a balance sheet of distribution of the state income for the legislative approval before disbursement to his commissioners.

Creates a healthy and safe environment through his policies to foster peace/security and lives and properties inside his domain. That is why he is not appointed as in replacement. He is the boss-hence when things goes well, he get the credit, when things doesn't he gets the blame.

When Sullivan Chime was off work for almost a year, his deputy wasn't even originally told of his whereabout, let alone given or trusted enough to be handed over the affairs of Enugu state to manage, in fact, it was his chief of staff that was calling all the shots in his absent.

The same treatment goes to GEJ as vice president to a sick Yar Adua in far away Saudi Arabia. Yar Adua's wife was even calling the shots, not Jonathan. This lady deputy now in Ekiti will even be less relevant to the unelected wife of the governor and thats a fact. Remember Etiaba and Peter Obi. The list is endless.

Its a meaningless position, its all about money and being ones of the guys, as long as Nigeria contest is concerned. Just look at her qualification and what she has achieved in life as a citizen, she is even more qualified than the person appointing her to just come and seat down and do nothing

1 Like

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by mbulela: 6:17pm On May 05, 2013
Bharbieface:

Congratulations to Prof Modupe Adelabu... Abeg holla me dapo no sef mke ah holla am 2 grin
make una no forget to send me the Dapo number too.
Make i holla am too.

3 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 05, 2013
mbulela:
make una no forget to send me the Dapo number too.
Make i holla am too.
grin LOL
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi:

Ok, a governor is directly elected to govern a state and that involved managing education, healthcare, social infrastructures, preparing budgets. formulating policies geared towards creating job opportunities and investment in his state.
He balances the budget of his state and collect revenue-prepares a balance sheet of distribution of the state income for the legislative approval before disbursement to his commissioners.

Creates a healthy and safe environment through his policies to foster peace/security and lives and properties inside his domain. That is why he is not appointed as in replacement. He is the boss-hence when things goes well, he get the credit, when things doesn't he gets the blame.

grin grin grin A deputy governor helps a governor to accomplish these functions.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi:

When Sullivan Chime was off work for almost a year, his deputy wasn't even originally told of his whereabout, let alone given or trusted enough to be handed over the affairs of Enugu state to manage, in fact, it was his chief of staff that was calling all the shots in his absent.

The same treatment goes to GEJ as vice president to a sick Yar Adua in far away Saudi Arabia. Yar Adua's wife was even calling the shots, not Jonathan. This lady deputy now in Ekiti will even be less relevant to the unelected wife of the governor and thats a fact. Remember Etiaba and Peter Obi. The list is endless.

Its a meaningless position, its all about money and being ones of the guys, as long as Nigeria contest is concerned. Just look at her qualification and what she has achieved in life as a citizen, she is even more qualified than the person appointing her to just come and seat down and do nothing

Going by what you described above as the functions of a governor, don't you think it makes a lot of sense to have a deputy since the governor cannot be everywhere at the same time or more importantly not immortal?
At what point do you become too educated to serve your own people? Obama went from Harvard to become a community organiser, it's about service not about how awesome you are!
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by coogar: 6:37pm On May 05, 2013
1forall:
Someone's Mom attains a post and it suddenly becomes time to call her son.
Is the guy that undiscerning that he won't know that's why you're now calling?

shut up your mouth....
do you know how close i am to dapo before opening your gob? what makes you think i have not been speaking to him on a bi-weekly basis before now?

Omo_Tier1:
Bros, level don change be that oh... You better call him sharp sharp before him switch off him phone embarassed if anything, you fit be Him Special adviser on e-communication on Nairaland cool

dapo is my right hand man.....
we used to terrorise thamesmead chics together 2004 circa and i know where to find him if he switches his number.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by tgbaba(m): 6:40pm On May 05, 2013
whao what a coincidence the former deputy govnor attended olivet baptist high school oyo too. congrats to her. she doesnt her age. make i find wife go ekiti if na lyk so them dey look as mamas wink
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 05, 2013
coogar:

shut up your mouth....
do you know how close i am to dapo before opening your gob? what makes you think i have not been speaking to him on a bi-weekly basis before now?

dapo is my right hand man.....
we used to terrorise thamesmead chics together 2004 circa and i know where to find him if he switches his number.

God has buttered your bread finally finally
You will now start singing the praises of Fayemi from thread to thread like Eko ile and his talking drums grin
Remember your aunty Nwando
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by coogar: 8:43pm On May 05, 2013
nwando:
God has buttered your bread finally finally
You will now start singing the praises of Fayemi from thread to thread like Eko ile and his talking drums grin
Remember your aunty Nwando

my bread has been buttered even before this appointment. so i expect ham, eggs, jam, cheese, etc after this.

aunty nwando, you shall be rewarded with a contract to cut the grass in all the ekiti prisons bar none. just leave your details with me and you should get a call by christmas! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Seunolugbala: 9:26pm On May 05, 2013
Kudos 2 fayemi 4 gven d women a chance as d no. 2 citizen of my dear state.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Eziachi: 10:23pm On May 05, 2013
Aigbofa:

Going by what you described above as the functions of a governor, don't you think it makes a lot of sense to have a deputy since the governor cannot be everywhere at the same time or more importantly not immortal?
At what point do you become too educated to serve your own people? Obama went from Harvard to become a community organiser, it's about service not about how awesome you are!
A governor in Nigeria has on average of 26 commissioner at least, with portfolios and his chief of staff. I once asked my cousin who was a governor, why he can't give his deputy one of the ministries to manage?
He looked at me and smile and said: " If you grant your deputy a leave, he will turn around to ask for an allowance, so no need to encourage him". And that said it all. They only send their deputy to go and represent them at weddings, funeral and birthdays can't be bothered to attend.
The commissioners don't like or respect them, so the office of deputy governor is Nigeria is just a waste of public money, because they do nothing or allowed to do anything by the governors.
What do you understand by community organiser Obama was doing to mean? Yes its a charity service one does to improves his community, it doesn't matter whether you went to Harvard or Zombie university. Deputy governor is not a service, not a charity, its a political salary position that benefits only the person being deputy governor and his household no one else.
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 05, 2013
Eziachi:

What do you understand by community organiser Obama was doing to mean? Yes its a charity service one does to improves his community, it doesn't matter whether you went to Harvard or Zombie university. Deputy governor is not a service, not a charity, its a political salary position that benefits only the person being deputy governor and his household no one else.

If the post of a deputy governor is not a service, what is it then? Public service does not mean you cannot earn a salary because you still need eat and feed your family.
Why did you mention the new deputy governor being more educated than the governor if it didn't matter to you?
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by 1forall: 11:34pm On May 05, 2013
coogar:
shut up your mouth....

U sha gast abuse 1st typical naija style before you make your point eh? Bi-weekly? So wetin make the people wey dey follow am yarn everyday do?
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by adexontop(m): 12:11am On May 06, 2013
congrat ekiti too dey read i beg
smiley
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:32am On May 06, 2013
How dos dat affect ma Allawee as an Ekiti corper?..........hw does dat make life easier 4 me in Ijero-Ekiti?....... Oga Fayemi choose anybody wey u like jare
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by skfa1: 9:43am On May 06, 2013
O boy! na my mama friend be this o,make i call my mama if she don hear the new grin
Re: Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 06, 2013
decrox199: Sexy mama
need to check if we have the same definition of sexy brb shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nazeef Babaji Celebrates Sallah With Faggo Community As He Distributes Cloths / Only 10 Of 149 Deputy Governors Took Over From Bosses Since 1999 / Itsekiris Warn Tompolo To Stop Bombing OIL Facilities In Itsekiri Land or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.