Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

I Just Got Scammed In Dubai - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got Scammed In Dubai (4099 Views)

I Just Survived A Ghastly Motorcycle Accident. Pictures / Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by oluwashegunfunm(m): 4:21pm On May 06, 2013
LEARN FROM ME.
AM A TOURIST IN DUBAI
I APPLIED FOR A JOB ON DUBBUZLLE.COM,
THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL THAT I WAS SHORTLISTED SAMEDAY I APPLIED.
I WAS ASKED TO COME TO AJMAN FOR INTERVIEW (1 HOUR FROM DUBAI)
I GOT THERE, I MET ALL NORMAL OFFICE PROTOCAL.
I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS REAL BECAUSE I WAS IN THE SUPPOSED COMPANY.
I WAS ASKED TO PAY 100 AED TO CONFIRM THE COMPANY WONT BE AT A LOST WHEN THEY START TO PROCESS MY WORK VISA, WHICH IS REFUNDABLE AT THE END OF THE MONTH IN ADDITION TO MY SALARY.
SO I PAID (I FALL MUGU) .
AFTER TWO DAYS THEY ASKED ME TO COME PICK UP MY APPOINTMENT LETTER, WHILE COMING I WAS ASKED TO COME WITH 200AED.
THEN I CURSED THEIR PAPA AND MAMA...
OYINBO NO GO CARRY ME MUGU TWO TIMES..
BEWARE!!!
DONT BE FOOLED BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN OFFICE.
THEY HAVE BOUNCERS THAT WILL BOUNCE YOU OUT AFTER THEY COLLECT ALL YOUR MONEY.
THIS SCAM IS RUNNED BY THE IRANIANS, PAKISTANI , AND NOT THE ARABS, BUT THEY DRESS LIKE ARABS.
THEY HAVE BACK UP FROM THE DON WHO IS AN EMIRATI, THERES NO POLICE IN AJMAN THAT CAN ARREST THEM..
I WAS INTERVIEWED BY THE WOMEN WHO DRESSED LIKE ARABS.
ANY JOB OFFER NOT IN DUBAI CITY, INTERNET CITY TO JEBEL ALI.. OR WALK IN INTERVIEW..NA WASH!!!
SO GUYS GET SENSE.
AM OUT!!!
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by sheedy407(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2013
U no represent 9ja well,u Bleep up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 06, 2013
Dem Don Dupe U in Dubai (D D.D.U I.D)
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by akinbimatt: 5:56pm On May 06, 2013
oluwashegunfunm: LEARN FROM ME.
AM A TOURIST IN DUBAI
I APPLIED FOR A JOB ON DUBBUZLLE.COM,
THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL THAT I WAS SHORTLISTED SAMEDAY I APPLIED.
I WAS ASKED TO COME TO AJMAN FOR INTERVIEW (1 HOUR FROM DUBAI)
I GOT THERE, I MET ALL NORMAL OFFICE PROTOCAL.
I THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS REAL BECAUSE I WAS IN THE SUPPOSED COMPANY.
I WAS ASKED TO PAY 100 AED TO CONFIRM THE COMPANY WONT BE AT A LOST WHEN THEY START TO PROCESS MY WORK VISA, WHICH IS REFUNDABLE AT THE END OF THE MONTH IN ADDITION TO MY SALARY.
SO I PAID (I FALL MUGU) .
AFTER TWO DAYS THEY ASKED ME TO COME PICK UP MY APPOINTMENT LETTER, WHILE COMING I WAS ASKED TO COME WITH 200AED.
THEN I CURSED THEIR PAPA AND MAMA...
OYINBO NO GO CARRY ME MUGU TWO TIMES..
BEWARE!!!
DONT BE FOOLED BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN OFFICE.
THEY HAVE BOUNCERS THAT WILL BOUNCE YOU OUT AFTER THEY COLLECT ALL YOUR MONEY.
THIS SCAM IS RUNNED BY THE IRANIANS, PAKISTANI , AND NOT THE ARABS, BUT THEY DRESS LIKE ARABS.
THEY HAVE BACK UP FROM THE DON WHO IS AN EMIRATI, THERES NO POLICE IN AJMAN THAT CAN ARREST THEM..
I WAS INTERVIEWED BY THE WOMEN WHO DRESSED LIKE ARABS.
ANY JOB OFFER NOT IN DUBAI CITY, INTERNET CITY TO JEBEL ALI.. OR WALK IN INTERVIEW..NA WASH!!!
SO GUYS GET SENSE.
AM OUT!!!

Guy,you fall my hand,we nigerians are known to be smartest,i was in that same office last year while looking for job,immediately i got their,that same lady will tell most blacks to come to that room by the left,the other big room at the right is used for indians ,she told me to pay 200aed ,i went with a kenya,that fool kenya almost paid the money until i told him,guy,where in I'm from in the ghetto(naija),we don't get down like that,you gotta give me this offer before i pay you,she started acting strange,i just laff deep inside me,i knew it was all scam.i told her to suck a dick and went straight to the next office to talk to their boss,he just smile and said they will get back to me after putting it to them that paying for job in uae is scam.

The fact is most post on dubbizzle are scam,even gulfnews,jobsindubai ,99percent of jobs there are scam.stay away. Approach company yourself,don't be scared,walk in and drop cv,i got my emirate flight job just by approaching the office.
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Goldie20: 6:20pm On May 06, 2013
sheedy407: U no represent 9ja well,u Bleep up

grin grin
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by omega25red(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2013
bandiejay: Dem Don Dupe U in Dubai (D D.D.U I.D)
grin grin grin grin grin

poster no sympathy for you because you went to Dubai as a tourist and tried to work. you put yourself in the position to be scammed.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by akinbimatt: 9:56pm On May 06, 2013
omega25red: grin grin grin grin grin

poster no sympathy for you because you went to Dubai as a tourist and tried to work. you put yourself in the position to be scammed.

@omegared,that's the rule in dubai,you use tourist to get work,tourist is converted to work for most africans coming in,only nepal,indians,pakistans and some other muslim country that get direct employment visa coz these countries have bilateral agreement with the uae goverment to supply labour. it is not common for africans.you must enter with tourist or visit to seek job,it is allowed.
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by suxes2005(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2013
Sorry about that.

Serious, I understand what most guys are going through in Dubai
when it comes to job thing. All the same, its good you 'soji' easily.

As per that office, I was there as well, though not looking for job
but a friend who paid them earlier asked me to accompany him there.

He later told them he wants a refund, he was asked to fill a form and
after like few days they will process his payment from the head office....

I told ma guy, the process will take 6 months and what he'll spend on that
stuff will be more than what he paid initially.

Good luck in your job search sire.

SHALOM
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by omega25red(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2013
akinbimatt:

@omegared,that's the rule in dubai,you use tourist to get work,tourist is converted to work for most africans coming in,only nepal,indians,pakistans and some other muslim country that get direct employment visa coz these countries have bilateral agreement with the uae goverment to supply labour. it is not common for africans.you must enter with tourist or visit to seek job,it is allowed.
oh is that how it goes? hmm thats interesting
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by blaze007(m): 12:41am On May 08, 2013
I wan laff my belle no gree me agn. Omo! Dem dupe naija? E don red b dat. I go shw dem say i b real cele boy. Na fire go consume dem
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Godson201333(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
I just saw this post ni...@OP what a shame,I feel for you at thesame time i do not think you come from LAGOS..
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by adepojuot: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2013
@op,you said Iranian and Pakistan are not Arab,who are theyyou are a real muntula.
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
As far as I know, they're not arabs!
adepojuot: @op,you said Iranian and Pakistan are not Arab,who are theyyou are a real muntula.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Americanvisa: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2013
Iran is Arab and Pakistan are not but they have similar character because of their religion
Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2013
Americanvisa: Iran is Arab and Pakistan are not but they have similar character because of their religion

iranians r not arabs but persians!!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed In Dubai by Deepfreezer(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2013
@ Oluwa. Thankx for sharing your xperience. As I will fly into Dubai in 2weeks time. Naija no dey carry last. I'm prepared for what ever challenge. And offcourse my God is also coming with me. Will like to hook up with yall bless.

(1) (Reply)

Ember Months: LASWA Issues Safety Caution To Ferry Operators / Naija Norwegian Student: Norway 101 Class, Word Of Today / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.