Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 (17486 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by rhymz(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2013
Not to sound insulting to the Yoruba political class but I have noticed that they are in the habit of exaggerating the relevance of the SW votes in the way they tailor and talk about votes from there. This is not the first time I have seen such antics. Truth be told, the SW is just a sub-region, they can never have a voting effect similar to any region no matter how much noise they make about some imaginary effect they are going to have in the next elections.

Like I have always reminded the people of the SW that like to bask in such wishful thinking, how much effect did the SW vote had on the victory of GEJ in the last elections? Lagos was the only SW state that could deliver up to a million votes to the GEJ and the reason for that is so obvious; Lagos is not your typical Yoruba state. We are yet to see this "almighty" voting power replicated in the core Yoruba states, even Oyo state with a fairly big population could not even give up to a million votes yet you lot are in the habit of exaggerating how your votes can cause any candidate to win or lose, so laughable and childish. I dare any of you to come up with the total votes from the SW to GEJ in the last election and compare it to those from other sub-regions, I can bet it that SW probably was the least or close to the least. make no mistake about it, Jonathan still would have been the clear winner if those SW votes, about 4.5 million votes were removed from his total votes. abeg make una stop to dey shout SW like say each SW person votes go count as 2 at the poles. . na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by funnyx(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2013
I cannot but laugh when I see a lot of deluded lost souls on NL claiming to be Yoruba, today its their mum that is Yoruba, tomorrow its their father yet all they go about on NL is to attack anything Yoruba who is fooling who?.
A Yoruba adage says Omo ale nii fi owo osi juwe ile baba re another one says ti a ba ta ara ile eni lopo a o lee ri ra lowon
Please we have heard enough of how much Yoruba you are, could you just make your contribution and waka pass.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2013
Nice writeup. Please remind me to reread this comedy script in 2015 after GEJ begins his 2nd term as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and C-in-C of the Nigerian armed forces, and 2019 when it ends.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 9:42am On May 08, 2013
funnyx:

May be your lineage is the most arrogant set of people in Nigeria, that na your own problem. And if GEJ doesn't win in 2015 no need to close your virtual law firm you may as well get a rope and hang yourself like a real man.
Now you can see why I called you a funnyman undecided a man like you came up with some points instead of you to bring up your strong reasons or points to counter his points you turn it into a 'bolekaja' wao, I pray especially for you that hatred will not kill you before your time son cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by funnyx(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2013
rhymz: Not to sound insulting to the Yoruba political class but I have noticed that they are in the habit of exaggerating the relevance of the SW votes in the way they tailor and talk about votes from there. This is not the first time I have seen such antics. Truth be told, the SW is just a sub-region, they can never have a voting effect similar to any region no matter how much noise they make about some imaginary effect they are going to have in the next elections.

Like I have always reminded the people of the SW that like to bask in such wishful thinking, how much effect did the SW vote had on the victory of GEJ in the last elections? Lagos was the only SW state that could deliver up to a million votes to the GEJ and the reason for that is so obvious; Lagos is not your typical Yoruba state. We are yet to see this "almighty" voting power replicated in the core Yoruba states, even Oyo state with a fairly big population could not even give up to a million votes yet you lot are in the habit of exaggerating how your votes can cause any candidate to win or lose, so laughable and childish. I dare any of you to come up with the total votes from the SW to GEJ in the last election and compare it to those from other sub-regions, I can bet it that SW probably was the least or close to the least. make no mistake about it, Jonathan still would have been the clear winner if those SW votes, about 4.5 million votes were removed from his total votes. abeg make una stop to dey shout SW like say each SW person votes go count as 2 at the poles. . na wa o

The article was not written by a Yoruba man, did you read the article at all?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2013
ocelot2006: Nice writeup. Please remind me to reread this comedy script in 2015 after GEJ begins his 2nd term as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and C-in-C of the Nigerian armed forces, and 2019 when it ends.
hmmmmm! I see!! That will only be possible if he rigs the election AGAIN!!!!...see you in 2015!!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Chinom(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2013
django1:

They never had it before,I wonder why the so called huge population of non yoruba voters in SW have not changed that status quo!

With Fashola gone and the party name changed to APC, Lagos state is open for the PDP to strike. It will all come down to the candidates chosen.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by funnyx(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2013
tomakint:
Now you can see why I called you a funnyman undecided a man like you came up with some points instead of you to bring up your strong reasons or points to counter his points you turn it into a 'bolekaja' wao, I pray especially for you that hatred will not kill you before your time son cool

Could you please desist from quoting me you deluded lost souls? you called me a bigot yet you have no proof, you claimed to choose your word carefully yet all your posts proves otherwise. I have told you before and let me remind you again, I DOT NOT ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE PROVED TIMES WITHOUT NUMBERS THAT THEY ARE INCABLE OF REASONING LIKE HUMANS SO PLEASE WAKA PASS.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2013
rhymz: Not to sound insulting to the Yoruba political class but I have noticed that they are in the habit of exaggerating the relevance of the SW votes in the way they tailor and talk about votes from there. This is not the first time I have seen such antics. Truth be told, the SW is just a sub-region, they can never have a voting effect similar to any region no matter how much noise they make about some imaginary effect they are going to have in the next elections.

Those 4.5m votes if you remove it and give it to Buhari and add 5 additional states to the 13 Buhari won and lets see what happens
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2013
musiwa26:

Jonathan Goodluck have sieze all of their money worth $31 billion so that they can not contest the race.. and he gave them useless ministry.

Goodluck Jonathan have turn Yorubas to 4 class citizen..

Howdy Musiwa. 'hope you've taken your meds today oh. And how about some satellite pics grin ?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 9:48am On May 08, 2013
funnyx:

The article was not written by a Yoruba man, did you read the article at all?
No he didn't! some people are just so stewpid they don't know how stewpid they are! Instead of having an intelligent discussion, they attack the writer of the article and the one who copied and pasted the article .How senseless can people be?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2013
funnyx:

Could you please desist from quoting me you deluded lost souls? you called me a bigot yet you have no proof, you claimed to choose your word carefully yet all your posts proves otherwise. I have told you before and let me remind you again, I DOT NOT ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE PROVED TIMES WITHOUT NUMBERS THAT THEY ARE INCABLE OF REASONING LIKE HUMANS SO PLEASE WAKA PASS.

Just ignore the tool.

He is the one who is so ashamed of his tribe. Some people once they go to school in Yorubaland suddenly makes them Yorubas

Because they are ashamed of their kidnapping headquarter home state
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2013
whatzbyafria?:

hmmmmm! I see!! That will only be possible if he rigs the election AGAIN!!!!...see you in 2015!!!!

Yeah...cos he rigged the last election, an election stated by both Nigerians and foreign observers to be the free, very fair, and arguably the best Nigerians have ever experienced, abi?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by davades(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2013
EKONGKING:

i think berem is closeted yoruba grin grin

You're a mad Donkey, must u quote everything because of ur silly comment ?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2013
Esss: Yoruba determine what?! Nigga Puleeeze!

#Jonathan would so sweep the next polls, CPC abi APC would not even know what hit them.

#Team Fresh Air..

#No retreat, No Amnesty!
Nigga please GO TO HELL!
IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN DOES NOT NEED ANYBODY'S VOTE TO DECLARE HIMSELF PRESIDENT! HE WILL JUST RIG THE ELECTION LIKE HE DID BEFORE!!!!
#i dont support a corrupt president. MBA!!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Grendel(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2013
Is better we vote individually for people that can make positive changes instead of all this regional things

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Gbawe: 9:53am On May 08, 2013
funnyx:

My man, like Dayokanu advised, ignore him. Every one here knows what he is.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by emmasege: 9:54am On May 08, 2013
True talk. Yorubas will determine the outcome of 2015 elections, and our choice will be determined by whom the opposition parties field. I still do not think Buhari candidacy will sell in the s/west. I will prefer a situation whereby the APC gets their flag-bearer from the s/east (not Rochas), and the running mate from the n/east or n/central. In this way, they will win the majority in the southern belt, and of course also garner significant votes from the north. A Buhari or hausa candidacy in 2015 may make it impossible for yorubas to vote massively for the opposition. APC knows the right thing to do if they are serious about ousting PDP in 2015. They should not play with our intelligence again like they (tinubus) did in 2011. Get "sellable" candidates and prove to us that u mean business.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2013
ocelot2006:

Yeah...cos he rigged the last election, an election stated by both Nigerians and foreign observers to be the free, very fair, and arguably the best Nigerians have ever experienced, abi?
@all the bolded...
DID YOU WATCH THAT ELECTION ESPECIALLY THE COUNTING DONE IN THE NORTHERN STATES?!!! THE VOTES HE RECEIVED THERE DEFINITELY DID NOT FROM THE HAUSA'S THERE. THAT IS WHY TILL TODAY THEY ARE ANGRY AS FUUCCKKKK!!!!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 9:55am On May 08, 2013
funnyx: I cannot but laugh when I see a lot of deluded lost souls on NL claiming to be Yoruba, today its their mum that is Yoruba, tomorrow its their father yet all they go about on NL is to attack anything Yoruba who is fooling who?.
A Yoruba adage says Omo ale nii fi owo osi juwe ile baba re another one says ti a ba ta ara ile eni lopo a o lee ri ra lowon
Please we have heard enough of how much Yoruba you are, could you just make your contribution and waka pass.
Ok Arole Oduduwa, keep sounding more Yoruba than Oduduwa as usual cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2013
emmasege: True talk. Yorubas will determine the outcome of 2015 elections, and our choice will be determined by whom the opposition parties field. I still do not think Buhari candidacy will sell in the s/west. I will prefer a situation whereby the APC gets their flag-bearer from the s/east (not Rochas), and the running mate from the n/east or n/central. In this way, they will win the majority in the southern belt, and of course also garner significant votes from the north. A Buhari or hausa candidacy in 2015 may make it impossible for yorubas to vote massively for the opposition. APC knows the right thing to do if they are serious about ousting PDP in 2015. They should not play with our intelligence again like they (tinubus) did in 2011. Get "sellable" candidates and prove to us that u mean business.
GBAM!!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2013
emmasege: True talk. Yorubas will determine the outcome of 2015 elections, and our choice will be determined by whom the opposition parties field. I still do not think Buhari candidacy will sell in the s/west. I will prefer a situation whereby the APC gets their flag-bearer from the s/east (not Rochas), and the running mate from the n/east or n/central. In this way, they will win the majority in the southern belt, and of course also garner significant votes from the north. A Buhari or hausa candidacy in 2015 may make it impossible for yorubas to vote massively for the opposition. APC knows the right thing to do if they are serious about ousting PDP in 2015. They should not play with our intelligence again like they (tinubus) did in 2011. Get "sellable" candidates and prove to us that u mean business.
GBAM!!!!!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by iwanchop(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2013
South Westerners did not vote enmass for Jonathan in 2011 because Tinubu told them to,absolutely NO;Jonathan got those votes because of ethnic and religious sentiments .Many voted for Jonathan because
1.he is a Christian
2.he is a Southerner
3.his name is Goodluck(believe it or not)
Buhari lost in the SW because
1. he is a northerner(many were of the opinion that Northerners have always been at the helms of affair they should therefore give southerners another chance)
Most southerners were(and are still)tired of PDP but still voted for the party during the 2011 presidential elections cos of the reasons above.They were not happy voting for PDP but they would just do it to prevent a Northerner(and probably a Muslim) from becoming the president.Many of them would even say they voted for Jonathan not PDP.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by esperiense(m): 10:15am On May 08, 2013
Smh 4 nigerians! GEJ isn't halfway into his tenure and we are already fighting on the next tenure. Why will he not join in the fight and leave govt responsibilities. And u toothless biafrans u always fight everybody, that's anti-progress. I wouldn't be surprised if u bcom more marginalised and humiliated in the succeeding govt.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 10:16am On May 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Just ignore the tool.

He is the one who is so ashamed of his tribe. Some people once they go to school in Yorubaland suddenly makes them Yorubas

Because they are ashamed of their kidnapping headquarter home state
Padi mi, o ye ko mo pe gbogbo wa o le sun ka ko o ri is bi kaa naa, why is that the moment someone from Yorubaland didn't share u guys (Association of Yoruba Tribalist on Nairaland, AYTN) political sentiments, he is automatically an 'omo ale' undecided u guys uncouth behaviour online is indeed pathetic!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by oddy4real(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2013
funnyx: I cannot but laugh when I see a lot of deluded lost souls on NL claiming to be Yoruba, today its their mum that is Yoruba, tomorrow its their father yet all they go about on NL is to attack anything Yoruba who is fooling who?.
Are you scared? You should have mentioned my name, only kids do subliminals
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 10:19am On May 08, 2013
Gbawe:

My man, like Dayokanu advised, ignore him. Every one here knows what he is.
Unfortunately, Agba iya Gbawe has joined the fray undecided
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by nijanigga: 10:20am On May 08, 2013
Who told this guy there will be an election in 2015?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by iwanchop(m): 10:23am On May 08, 2013
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Gbawe: 10:27am On May 08, 2013
esperiense: Smh 4 nigerians! GEJ isn't halfway into his tenure and we are already fighting on the next tenure. Why will he not join in the fight and leave govt responsibilities. And u toothless biafrans u always fight everybody, that's anti-progress. I wouldn't be surprised if u bcom more marginalised and humiliated in the succeeding govt.

It is like the classic argument of whether the Chicken gave us the egg or vice versa? How can Nigerians not obsess over the next election when politicians themselves talk and plot about nothing else?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by AbdH: 10:31am On May 08, 2013
oddy4real:
Aunty, dont cry. i am a Yoruba boy, i have a Fulani mother and i have lived with the IGBOS whom i must confess are very wonderful people.
Yorubas feel that because of their education, they know everything. this is an open secret sister.
And yes! Jonathan would be back in 2015.
Oh! so you are a prophet now right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Senators Kick Against Emergency Rule / Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) / Arase Arrives Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.