Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,312 members, 7,850,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 (17485 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 2:34pm On May 08, 2013
funnyx:

Say whatever you like m0r0n it's not by force now? I've stated earlier I don't want to descend to your level, I don't want to be a lost soul, I don't want to be an ethnic bigot like you, look for people within your level monkey, I'm far beyond your class.
Funnyx don't want to be an 'ethnic bigot' shocked in fact let me know the type of strong drink you are taking, you must be really high on that thing to really 'descend this low as usual'!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Ttalk: 3:18pm On May 08, 2013
CuntEater: As soon as they settle the Yoruba number one agbero (use your tongue to count your teeth and tell yourself who this person is, i won't call names) the rest of the tribal bigots even the ones in NL would fall into line and so far GEJ would be more than willing to pay any price to remain in Aso rock ..... Nigeria can burn, who cares?

Yorubas plays politics of interest and not sentiment though colored with tribalism sometimes.

If you are student of history you will know that yorubas are not follow-follow, they are ready to dump you the moment they discovered that you are not performing, yes, interest is ultimate, ethnicity is nothing to an average yorubaman, how i wish the rest of the region can reason in this manner
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Pasca07: 3:20pm On May 08, 2013
Hmmmm let me tell u all the truth if all yoruba come out to vote come 2015 it will be disastrous for PDP.Even 2011 last election will not be like 2015 cos jonathan will not have d same vote he has in states like kogi,jos,benue,nassarawa and kwara state. Even kano and kaduna votes will reduce drastically for PDP unlike 2011......the only option for PDP is too rig 2015 election or else APC will win the upcoming election
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Ttalk: 3:37pm On May 08, 2013
EasternLeopard: 5 FACTS Y THIS ANALYSIS IS WRONG (1) NE & NW is made up of btw 30%-50% indigenous Xtians. (2) In 2011 only 4million out of d 14million registered voters in d SW voted most of them non-SW. (3) D combined population of Xtian North, SS & SE is more than that of Muslim North & SW.
For your information, Nigeria election will no longer b based on christian/muslim sentiments, rather it will be counted based on good leadership,good governance and rule of law. The era of cajoled is gone and an average nigerian knows that good leadership is not in the gene of a particular religion, stop making myopic analysis on NL
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 08, 2013
tomakint:
Donroxy, trust me you started the joke with ur analysis, can't u smell the coffee that Nigeria's political permutation is beyond ur submission and the thread!
What is Nigerian Political Permutation other than ''ETHNO-RELIGIOUS CARD'', ''BULLYING'' as well as (worst case scenarios) ''MANIPULATING ELECTIONS VIA INEC'' or MANIPULATING JUDICIARY

I do not see GEJ as Powerful and Charismatic enough to tagged the three(3) outa the bolded above in one swoop ...........lest HE convinced the Cabals (most esp, the Northern Oligarchy) ........He would have a good ride to Otueke grin come 2015 !!! ..........

His (GEJ) best bet is to carry Nigerians along by engaging in Mouth widening projects ...........The cabals could be defeated by the people as shown in 2011 !!!

With APC @ the Corner,it seems the Northern Cabals has alternative even when ''Executive Powers'' stop them in the 'PDP' .......and the ''feofle'' not widely by HIS side as 2011 ........It seems the way to Otueke grin is now smoother !!!

Nonetheless, GEJ might even has seen the writings on the wall and chicken-out BUT used his utmost executive power to cabalise Himself,seek compromise ......and blessed his own (NOT HIM) anointed candidate !!!

If HE fails to trend softly without compromises.......Another Civil War is a Good Bet !!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 4:37pm On May 08, 2013
django1:

Bro please ignore that monkey
This is what you get when 2 full-grown monkeys are consoling each other in an online forum when their mates are making money out there they are busy spreading tribalism and hates online! So sad
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 08, 2013
berem: If you got nothing to say, just shut the hell up. This is a sensitive topic and only intellectuals are allowed to make comments. now ,run along to the viewer's corner where you have always been and keep quiet! angry

i bought him/her galla with zobo so as to permanently remain at the viewers corner since the issue on board is beyond his/her reasoning faculties.
no be only igbo they make person mad.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 5:18pm On May 08, 2013
donroxy:
What is Nigerian Political Permutation other than ''ETHNO-RELIGIOUS CARD'', ''BULLYING'' as well as (worst case scenarios) ''MANIPULATING ELECTIONS VIA INEC'' or MANIPULATING JUDICIARY

I do not see GEJ as Powerful and Charismatic enough to tagged the three(3) outa the bolded above in one swoop ...........lest HE convinced the Cabals (most esp, the Northern Oligarchy) ........He would have a good ride to Otueke grin come 2015 !!! ..........

His (GEJ) best bet is to carry Nigerians along by engaging in Mouth widening projects ...........The cabals could be defeated by the people as shown in 2011 !!!

With APC @ the Corner,it seems the Northern Cabals has alternative even when ''Executive Powers'' stop them in the 'PDP' .......and the ''feofle'' not widely by HIS side as 2011 ........It seems the way to Otueke grin is now smoother !!!

Nonetheless, GEJ might even has seen the writings on the wall and chicken-out BUT used his utmost executive power to cabalise Himself,seek compromise ......and blessed his own (NOT HIM) anointed candidate !!!

If HE fails to trend softly without compromises.......Another Civil War is a Good Bet !!
Now this is a good point you have raised, Jonathan still has one full year (January - December 2014) to amend his ways before the electorates and his party strong supporters before the D-day! Remember, he schemed out Obasanjo strangle hold on the jugular of the party, so he is now the leader of the party, that means he can manipulate his way within the National Working Committee of the party, the money is there to spread around and he is a 'GOOD WATCHER' that one thing you can't take from Jonathan, he surrounded himself more with his people (SS) which is good for him, he knows when to approach his opponents and still have his way, (remember how he approached Tinubu and still garner strong votes from Lagos (Tinubu's constituency)! Donroxy, understand the matter, of course, things look bad for Jonathan presently especially in the SouthWest and Core North, but common this is 2013, we still have 2014 before the D-day, and going by the antecedents of Jonathan to amend his ways and behaved maturely before the judgment day, he will still have his way no matter what! What I just stated here is how politics is being run in Nigeria and that is the FACT! cool
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Policewoman(f): 6:10pm On May 08, 2013
Popup Blocker: [size=18pt]Of course

If Yorubas hadnt divided their votes between GEJ/Buhari, giving Buhara 99% of their votes, you think GEJ would have won? LOL Comedy

I doubt SS would vote for a SE presidential campaign like the reciprocal in 2011

And I also doubt more than 20% Yorubas would vote for GEJ in 2015

GEJ has done much for the SS/SE, yet he ignored the SW........ my people need to watch this man and his "dusty air" antics come 2015

Yorubas, make no mistake in 2015. Yoruba ronu. [/size]
AND IF I MAY ASK, WHAT HAS JONATHAN DONE FOR THE SS OR SE? YORUBAS CAN NEVER VOTE EN BLOC LIKE WE USUALLY HAVE IN THE NORTH. THEIR VOTES WILL BE DIVIDED AS USUAL AND THIS WILL CANCEL OUT ANY EFFECT IT MAY HAVE.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 08, 2013
tomakint:
Now this is a good point you have raised, Jonathan still has one full year (January - December 2014) to amend his ways before the electorates and his party strong supporters before the D-day!

Remember, he schemed out Obasanjo strangle hold on the jugular of the party, so he is now the leader of the party, that means he can manipulate his way within the National Working Committee of the party, the money is there to spread around and he is a 'GOOD WATCHER' that one thing you can't take from Jonathan, he surrounded himself more with his people (SS) which is good for him, he knows when to approach his opponents and still have his way, (remember how he approached Tinubu and still garner strong votes from Lagos (Tinubu's constituency)! Donroxy, understand the matter, of course, things look bad for Jonathan presently especially in the SouthWest and Core North, but common this is 2013, we still have 2014 before the D-day, and going by the antecedents of Jonathan to amend his ways and behaved maturely before the judgment day, he will still have his way no matter what! What I just stated here is how politics is being run in Nigeria and that is the FACT! cool
Hmmm,Interesting !!!

Tomakints,

It doesn't matter whether GEJ controls not only PDP's NWC But the whole PDP..........

PDP is just a Name,tis the PEOPLE that constitute PDP that matters therefore it is either they slug it out with GEJ or dump the party for Him to a better platform !!! ........this happens most times in Nigeria politics (I distate it though ) !!!!

And we shall see d result ...... The Northern Oligarchy are no doubt ''PDP'' .........they called SW to power.......same SW played what he had to play and called UMYA(NW) to Power with Anointed SS by His side .......to either take over when He took over or 2015(after 8years) !!!

As for Tinubu............Quote me,Tinubu is not a Lord in SouthWest who can alpha and omegally determine who get what,when and how ..........

Tinubu only play the Card that people of SW wanted else he fielded wrong choice in Ondo and got defeated !!!

As for Tinubu,SouthWest and Jonathan ..........wether Tinubu or No Tinubu Jonathan would still had SW cuz this people are sympathetic to hardship suffered via the UMYA cabals,shoeless campaign(first of its kind),NigerDelta struggle as well as Chance to the Minority .........Tinubu was used to have a ''clean-shittt'' in SW .......Every damn man knows SW would vote GEJ ......as they(SW) fought the UMYA cabals for GEJ !!!

Atleast,Same Tinubu has tested his popularity in Ondo state and gotten result and unless His(Tinubu) Candidates are the best among the worst same Ondo scenario would still play out in whole SW .......!!!

Thereby,unless the real politicians are carried along........Otueke road seems smoother !!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 6:56pm On May 08, 2013
iwanchop: South Westerners did not vote enmass for Jonathan in 2011 because Tinubu told them to,absolutely NO;Jonathan got those votes because of ethnic and religious sentiments .Many voted for Jonathan because
1.he is a Christian
2.he is a Southerner
3.his name is Goodluck(believe it or not)
Buhari lost in the SW because
1. he is a northerner(many were of the opinion that Northerners have always been at the helms of affair they should therefore give southerners another chance)
Most southerners were(and are still)tired of PDP but still voted for the party during the 2011 presidential elections cos of the reasons above.They were not happy voting for PDP but they would just do it to prevent a Northerner(and probably a Muslim) from becoming the president.Many of them would even say they voted for Jonathan not PDP.
Is that not enough reason to vote for a candidate??
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 7:00pm On May 08, 2013
Evestar200: So u guys still believe dat dis NIGERIA will still exist in 2015 eh?
YES and if you dont want Nigeria to still be Nigeria in 2015 then KILL YOURSELF!!!. Abi, you be winch?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2013
rhymz: I did. . it has parochialism written all over it. There was no mention of the author's name so how did you know it was not written by a Yoruba person? Apart from Gbawe whom I believe his opposition to the GEJ presidency is understandable, the rest of the Yoruba commentators can be petty when issues are about GEJ. They like to give this delusional suggestion that the SW decides who becomes Nigeria's president even when evidence shows otherwise, in fact, here are the figures that came from the "extremely influential SW states:
OYO States-484758
Ogun- 309170
Lagos-1,281688
Osun-188409
Ekiti-135009
ondo-387376

Abeg make una help me do the calculation, sum it all up and tell me how this region votes can affect elections strongly.
By the way I exaggerated the total votes from the southwest region in my earlier post:here is the real total figure 2786410. So much for deciding the outcome of an election. I suspect the SW is gradually losing relevance hence the constant attempts to always shout and tout about the region being the deciding region of any election. The same way they they arrogated such powers before the 2011 elections only to come out with a dismissal total votes. una wan start una shouting again, SW will not decide anything jare, go tell such claptrap to political ode.
If those are the figures that came form the SW as you claim then how come Jonathan still won the election? So, its either you don't know what you are saying or Jonathan RIGGED the election. Pick one!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 7:06pm On May 08, 2013
donroxy: Hmmm,Interesting !!!

Tomakints,

It doesn't matter whether GEJ controls not only PDP's NWC But the whole PDP..........

PDP is just a Name,tis the PEOPLE that constitute PDP that matters therefore it is either they slug it out with GEJ or dump the party for Him to a better platform !!! ........this happens most times in Nigeria politics (I distate it though ) !!!!

And we shall see d result ...... The Northern Oligarchy are no doubt ''PDP'' .........they called SW to power.......same SW played what he had to play and called UMYA(NW) to Power with Anointed SS by His side .......to either take over when He took over or 2015(after 8years) !!!

As for Tinubu............Quote me,Tinubu is not a Lord in SouthWest who can alpha and omegally determine who get what,when and how ..........

Tinubu only play the Card that people of SW wanted else he fielded wrong choice in Ondo and got defeated !!!

As for Tinubu,SouthWest and Jonathan ..........wether Tinubu or No Tinubu Jonathan would still had SW cuz this people are sympathetic to hardship suffered via the UMYA cabals,shoeless campaign(first of its kind),NigerDelta struggle as well as Chance to the Minority .........Tinubu was used to have a ''clean-shittt'' in SW .......Every damn man knows SW would vote GEJ ......as they(SW) fought the UMYA cabals for GEJ !!!

Atleast,Same Tinubu has tested his popularity in Ondo state and gotten result and unless His(Tinubu) Candidates are the best among the worst same Ondo scenario would still play out in whole SW .......!!!

Thereby,unless the real politicians are carried along........Otueke road seems smoother !!!
Do you know that one interesting thing played out in the last 2 elections in the history of this country and that is; the total votes garnered from the South-South was more than the total collated at the entire NorthWest and this tells you something, South-South are now getting more involved in the political scheme of things in Nigeria. Jonathan is a South-South indigene and this same game plan will favour him massively! Nigerian politics is gradually shifting away from the Northern Oligarchy manipulations and this is what Jonathan is benefitting from massively, and this is what the Northerners are fighting tooth and nail to grab back by force but you know in life there is what we call pay-back time, the Northerners had their times and they wasted lots of opportunities to better the lives of their poor ones which is even playing against them and let me reveal this to you, POWER is not ready to make an inroad back to the North, whether Yorubas team up with the Northerners, it will still tilt towards a Southerner, this is the gospel truth my friend!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by jidestar: 7:10pm On May 08, 2013
Dis no be news, everybody know we are sending jo packing, i no sure about those our Ondo brother sha. Since dey have been claiming labour, wen the whole yoruba even edo are on the match.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 08, 2013
Ttalk:

If you are student of history you will know that yorubas are not follow-follow, they are ready to dump you the moment they discovered that you are not performing, yes, interest is ultimate, ethnicity is nothing to an average yorubaman, how i wish the rest of the region can reason in this manner
Apparently you read my post upside down....read again
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 7:15pm On May 08, 2013
rhymz: Not to sound insulting to the Yoruba political class but I have noticed that they are in the habit of exaggerating the relevance of the SW votes in the way they tailor and talk about votes from there. This is not the first time I have seen such antics. Truth be told, the SW is just a sub-region, they can never have a voting effect similar to any region no matter how much noise they make about some imaginary effect they are going to have in the next elections.

Like I have always reminded the people of the SW that like to bask in such wishful thinking, how much effect did the SW vote had on the victory of GEJ in the last elections? Lagos was the only SW state that could deliver up to a million votes to the GEJ and the reason for that is so obvious; Lagos is not your typical Yoruba state. We are yet to see this "almighty" voting power replicated in the core Yoruba states, even Oyo state with a fairly big population could not even give up to a million votes yet you lot are in the habit of exaggerating how your votes can cause any candidate to win or lose, so laughable and childish. I dare any of you to come up with the total votes from the SW to GEJ in the last election and compare it to those from other sub-regions, I can bet it that SW probably was the least or close to the least. make no mistake about it, Jonathan still would have been the clear winner if those SW votes, about 4.5 million votes were removed from his total votes. abeg make una stop to dey shout SW like say each SW person votes go count as 2 at the poles. . na wa o

. That comment was not really meant for you. I apologize
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 7:18pm On May 08, 2013
jidestar: Dis no be news, everybody know we are sending jo packing, i no sure about those our Ondo brother sha. Since dey have been claiming labour, wen the whole yoruba even edo are on the match.
of course every reasonable person would do all in his power to send Jonathan parking but don't you think if he still wishes to be president in 2015 he still will, by rigging the elections again?
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by whatzbyafria(m): 7:26pm On May 08, 2013
rhymz: I did. . it has parochialism written all over it. There was no mention of the author's name so how did you know it was not written by a Yoruba person? Apart from Gbawe whom I believe his opposition to the GEJ presidency is understandable, the rest of the Yoruba commentators can be petty when issues are about GEJ. They like to give this delusional suggestion that the SW decides who becomes Nigeria's president even when evidence shows otherwise, in fact, here are the figures that came from the "extremely influential SW states:
OYO States-484758
Ogun- 309170
Lagos-1,281688
Osun-188409
Ekiti-135009
ondo-387376

Abeg make una help me do the calculation, sum it all up and tell me how this region votes can affect elections strongly.
By the way I exaggerated the total votes from the southwest region in my earlier post:here is the real total figure 2786410. So much for deciding the outcome of an election. I suspect the SW is gradually losing relevance hence the constant attempts to always shout and tout about the region being the deciding region of any election. The same way they they arrogated such powers before the 2011 elections only to come out with a dismissal total votes. una wan start una shouting again, SW will not decide anything jare, go tell such claptrap to political ode.
all what have said simply shows that he rigged the election. If you compare the election that was done in Nigeria to the one that was done in the US you will discover that there was no competition and that is not meant to be so. As I have said before and will keep on saying jonathan RIGGED the elections and that is why Northerners are angry. If you remember the election that was done and you remember the votes of the Northerners very well, do you think the figures would have been possible considering the fact that we are all tribalists and also like to do things that suits our religion?...Nigerians are generally m00rons.
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 08, 2013
tomakint:
Do you know that one interesting thing played out in the last 2 elections in the history of this country and that is; the total votes garnered from the South-South was more than the total collated at the entire NorthWest and this tells you something, South-South are now getting more involved in the political scheme of things in Nigeria. Jonathan is a South-South indigene and this same game plan will favour him massively! Nigerian politics is gradually shifting away from the Northern Oligarchy manipulations and this is what Jonathan is benefitting from massively, and this is what the Northerners are fighting tooth and nail to grab back by force but you know in life there is what we call pay-back time, the Northerners had their times and they wasted lots of opportunities to better the lives of their poor ones which is even playing against them and let me reveal this to you, POWER is not ready to make an inroad back to the North, whether Yorubas team up with the Northerners, it will still tilt towards a Southerner, this is the gospel truth my friend!
Hmm Bros ......
Tis been a Good time with You ......Really appreciate ur time dis time !!!

See ya on another thread !!! While watching 2015 keenly!!!

Thanks!!!
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by tomakint: 10:30pm On May 08, 2013
donroxy: Hmm Bros ......
Tis been a Good time with You ......Really appreciate ur time dis time !!!

See ya on another thread !!! While watching 2015 keenly!!!

Thanks!!!
Wao its such a rich moment with you, can't remember when last I had such an interactive time with a fellow Nairalander! Be good and stay off trouble pal wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by drnoel: 11:57pm On May 08, 2013
[size=28pt]pls mods close this tribalistic thread on the grounds that it would bring more disunity in an already disunited situation[/size]
Re: Yoruba May Determine Who Wins The Presidency In 2015 by baysol: 8:12am On May 09, 2013
funnyx:

May be your lineage is the most arrogant set of people in Nigeria, that na your own problem. And if GEJ doesn't win in 2015 no need to close your virtual law firm you may as well get a rope and hang yourself like a real man.

Well done you've answered a congenital fool with appropriate words. Who borrow monkey bananna?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vehicle Rams Into Amaechi 's Convoy. / AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports / Jarvis Johnson, US Lawmaker, Calls For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.