Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj (3353 Views)

GEJ Stopped River Niger Contract Awarded By Yaradua, Indigenes Promise Payback / Jega And Terminal Leave OBJ Lacks Moral Integrity To Advise Jonathan / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 5:55am On Apr 18, 2008
yaradua should work and leave obj. for one year yaradua haas don nothing in nigeria only to rubbish the man that brought him into power and attending to his health problems. the nation is gettin worse by the day, power is worse, they are more are more armed robberies than before, more prostitutes,419,etc cos of the bad state of nigeria. the most anoing part is that yaradua has a closing time he closes from work at 6pm and does not attend to any state matter after 6pm not even emergencies.

we really wanna see this govt work for the pple, not just by probing pple, probing does not bring food on the table of the common man. we need action. the level of corruption is at its highest peak. the man should work haba.one year is a lot to do a lot for the nation,
all manner of labour have gone on strikes at one point of time in one year, doctors, teachers, nitel, pengassan, etc.

please if anyone has known wat our president has done apart from probin the last president in one year please tell us maybe i am not seein it. please also know i am not comparin yaraduas govt and obj govt or neither am i supporting obj's corrupt govt. NO buti am just fed up of the state of the nation under yaradua. he is too damn slow.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Apr 18, 2008
Was Obasanjo really probed or was it not just the power projects that were? According to his aide, Obasanjo would not be probed , https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103286.0.html
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 6:12am On Apr 18, 2008
his govt is really under attack, but the reall thing is dat the things the common man needs has been left unattended to.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 18, 2008
My friend, this is Nigeria. Nothing works here.
We are very quick to blame other people for our own mistakes. OBJ is the excuse Yaradua is giving for his one year of idleness.
Some blind patriots will come on soon to explain to you how the economy have grown by 6% without nothing on ground.

While the probe and probably prosecution (dont think so) should go on; Yaradua must wake up from sleep and start working. angry
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2008
kemofash20:

please if anyone has known what our president has done apart from probin the last president in one year please tell us maybe i am not seein it. please also know i am not comparin yaraduas govt and obj govt or neither am i supporting obj's corrupt govt. NO buti am just fed up of the state of the nation under yaradua. he is too damn slow.

Well, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) has just approved $23 million for the turn around maintenance of the Kaduna refinery
to one "DKG East Sea Oil and Gas Engineering Group".

The FEC has also approved a $60 million IDA credit for the implementation of the Kaduna State Rural Access and
Mobility Project.

See below:

FEC approves $23m TAM contract for Kaduna Refinery
By Ihuoma Chiedozie, Abuja
Published: Thursday, 17 Apr 2008

The Federal Executive Council, which was chaired by Vice-president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday has approved the seventh Turn-Around-Maintenance project for the Kaduna Refinery at a cost of $23m.

The decision was reached after the FEC considered a memo from the President seeking the ratification of an anticipatory approval of the TAM contract.

Announcing this to newsmen, the Minister of Information and Communication, Mr. John Odey said, “We received a memo from the president himself seeking ratification of anticipatory approval for the award of labour services contract for the seventh turn-around-maintenance of Kaduna Refinery and Petro-chemical Company in favour of Messrs. DKG East Sea Oil and Gas Engineering Group in the sum of $23,010, 872, inclusive of VAT”

The FEC also approved a $60m International Development Association credit for the implementation of the Kaduna State Rural Access and Mobility Project.

The project is aimed at increasing access and mobility in the state’s rural communities by improving rural transport infrastructure, and strengthening capacity to manage rural access in a sustainable manner.

Odey explained that the project would be implemented within five years, while the credit facility is to be paid back in 40 years with a 10-year moratorium.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2008041716134281

So, as you can see, Yar'Adua's government is not lying idle, it is really "working".
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2008
I can see. Yaradua's govt is only active in the north, kaduna to be precise.
Nigeria, carry go jare. lipsrsealed
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2008
Why should he not probe $16billion on power sector and he should just forget it like that? ARe you on something? He wants to know why $16bn can not solve power problem in Nigeria so the he Yar'Adua would not waste money again.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2008
He can probe and work at the same time is what the poster is trying to say. If not, then maybe he should take a break on probing and focus on helping with the needs of the people.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2008
all we hear is approval but nothing on ground. nobody is saying that he shld not probe obj, but that does not stop him from working if his probing obansanjo is distracting is work of assisting the common man the he should leave the probe and face is no. one aim of why he was voted into power.

left to me he is not up to the task of ruling nigeria medically and psychologically, in kasatina where he was for 8 yrs no meaningful dev. i was there recently but that is not my business, my main oroblem is that we are are tired of approvals and plans we want things done,

for example now the budget was just signed on monday 14th of APRIL after three and a half mths into the year do you jnow that retired civil servants cld not collect pensions since january, all developments have been on hold since janury cos of this budget prob. but some pple ll be quick to say it was the national assemblys fault but i know he is the head of government and the leader of pdp so if he was on top of his game the budget shld have been passed since.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 10:09am On Apr 18, 2008
Well, at least fuel price has not increased from the N70 we've been buying it, even when the price of crude oil has increased significantly. The other day, I read in the dailies that the man (YarAdua) subsidised fuel with some 36 billion naira - that's some money that could have been spent on something else.

The East-West road dualisation project has finally taken off - at least we can see Julius Berger and Setraco working on both the East and West ends of the road.

I read also that the FG is planning to build additional refineries in Lagos and Akwaibom States to cater for domestic needs.

I think these are laudable projects that might impact greatly on the lives of the people in the Southern part of Nigeria.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2008

The East-West road dualisation project has finally taken off - at least we can see Julius Berger and Setraco working on both the East and West ends of the road.

This project was awarded and paid some money by the previous administration. It couldn't take off on time due to fear of the militants. I wouldn't
credit Yar'Adua for this.

I read also that the FG is planning to build additional refineries in Lagos and Akwaibom States to cater for domestic needs.

When we see contract award and actual building of the refineries (like you can visually see the East-West road being dualized by Julius Berger), then we can give him credit.

I think these are laudable projects that might impact greatly on the lives of the people in the Southern part of Nigeria.

Which laudable project has Yar'Adua initiated besides the $23 million Kaduna refinery TAM and $60 miilion for Kaduna roads stated earlier ?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2008
This project was awarded by the previous administration and it couldn't take off on time due to fear of the militants. I wouldn't
credit Yar'Adua for this.

@texcee , You should know better about OBJ's regime given revelations from the power probe. billions spent on a project and the site has not been cleared.
OBJ claims he has spent several billion on power plant in Lagos State and the Governor Fashola claim he is not aware of it.

OBJ claim militant did not allow them to work on East-West road how come the militants have died now that OBJ is not in power?

During OBJ when we have blackout in the dry season they claim River Niger is dry when we have blackouts in the rainy season, they claim its overflooded. excuses abound from OBJ. He claims he meant well for the country but saboteurs bleeped him up. Have all the saboteurs died now?

He conducted an election in 36 states and 10 of them have been annulled in less than a year.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 11:00am On Apr 18, 2008
That doesn't mean we should not give him credit for the good, no matter how little it may be, that he was able to do. For one, I have myself come to find out that many of the development projects that we see today were actually awarded back in OBJ's time, example, power plant unveiled in the East was from back in OBJ's time
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by solokay(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2008
I am also wondering when is he going to declare the state of emergence in the power sector that he promised. Its now almost one year and the state of emergency is yet to be declared and the emergency is so real that even a blind man could see. I just wonder, if it takes him more than a year just to declare a state of emergency in our power sector then how long will it take him to solve the problem. Hope this wont be another wasted 8 years.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2008
@dayokanu

I am not saying OBJ is flawless, not at all, all I am saying is that Yar'Adua is yet to do anything since he has been in office
besides the Kaduna projects.

Plus, I did not want ono giving Yar'Adua credit for what he did not earn.

Atleast OBJ initiated some projects, Which one has Yar'Adua initiated ? Please tell me ? Which One ?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by solokay(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie, we should be tired of giving credit for little achievements that gets us no where. We need major transformation in that country. The only person that deserve our credit is the person who is able to solve our power problem. Without power the economy cant grow and the qaulity of life of the people will never be improved.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by solokay(m): 11:12am On Apr 18, 2008
Texcee you are right and you should not be ashamed to say it Yaradua has done nothing yet period!. There has not been any improvement in the quality of life of the people. Nothing has changed!.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Apr 18, 2008
I understand and I agree. I just felt to point out to @Dayokanu that regardless of the many ills that OBJ carried out against the Nigerian people, it's no reason for credit, for the little OBJ did accomplish, to be given Yar adua for work he did not do at all.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2008
@Kobojunkie,
Its common Logic that when the bad outweighs the good people dont remember the good .

You cant tell me despotic rulers like Idi Amin, Gaddafi, Hitler, and Saddam did not do anything good. Remember Hitler brought the German out of depression caused by world war 1
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2008
@Dayokanu,

hheeeeeeyyyy!!!!

Obasanjo does not even fall in the same category as the men you mentioned. Please let us not go that far. In Nigeria's case, we have had many silly people in leadership roles, I agree. In this case however, trying to give yar adua credit for what his predecessor was at least able to accomplish is not the way to go. Majority of the road projects, from my understanding are projects that were awarded during OBJ's time in office. Even the fuel price cap the country is now enjoying is from OBJ. I have to wonder, if the man had not done what he did, what would have been the situation in the country by now, given that yar adua has yet to actually commence projects after almost a year in seat and considering ther the higher cost of energy that we now have
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2008
Taking a closer look at what OBJ claimed to have initiated, I should remind you all that the East-West road dualisation project only came to limelight at the twilight of his administration - and that's because the ''noise'' from the delta was getting deafening and he needed to act fast before the refineries and oil field in the area goes up in flames.
I remember reading something like he will personally come to flag off the road project. He didn't. The next we heard was that he was on a jet flying towards the North Pole! He was always in the air - probably consulting with the gods!

The road project credit cannot, and will not be ascribed to the pilfering, thieving, ugly looking, shameless and adulterous OBJ. If any one will take credit for it, then it's the struggling and deprived people of the Niger Delta.

I have been watching YarAdua for a while. His efforts at making sure that fuel price did not go beyond N70 is noteworthy. We all know what excuse OBJ would have given by now for raising the price to at least N150/litre. I will for once believe YarAdua will deliver the goods.

We cannot close our eyes, look the other way, when some $16Billion dollar worth of projects cannot be properly accounted for. This is a big dent on OBJ image and a moral burden to him. All his evil deeds have overshadowed and rubbished whatever good he's made.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2008
I am gonna guess you really do not like this OBJ dude , LMAO!!!, However, it still remains that the project was his and not that of the current administration.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am going to guess you really do not like this OBJ dude , LMAO!!!, However, it still remains that the project was his and not that of the current administration.

Well Said wink
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
Just like he made Nigerians believe that he wasn't interested in becoming Head of State (Not my will or something), but his COAS, Lt. Gen Theophilus Danjuma came and made us know that the OBJ of Owu was actually interested in staying longer than 1979. It was TY Danjuma who punctured his plans. Crafty fool.

''His'' East-West road project my foot.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
If it was signed and approved by OBJ, credit for it goes to OBJ. I am sorry but that is the way it works.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2008
No matter how much we might hate OBJ, we cannot credit Yar'Adua for a project he did not start/conceptualize. I think this
is pretty straight forward.

Even if the yearnings of the Niger Delta people played a big role in the awarding of the road project, the bottom line is that,
Yar'Adua can in no way shape or form take credit for the road's construction.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2008
Well, if we weigh OBJ's first year in office side-by-side that of Yar Adua, y'all will agree with me that Naija is moving at supersonic speed this time, compared to what obtains during babacratic OBJ time.

OBJ was busy settling the hands that brought him in during his first year in office. There wasn't any record of anything concrete that he initiated and even completed during his first year (and in deed througout his stay in office) - aside from his all-new Hiltop Mansion at Ibara Abeokuta, his numerous schools and Bells University of Technology, his farms spread allover the country, retinue of women (including his son's wife) and of course, his globetrotting skills.

I suggest we give YarAdua some time. He's going to do well. You all will see. It's just unfortunate that he came in via the leprous hands of OBJ.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2008
Actually, I can not agree with you. Supersonic is yet to be seen. If you have lived in Nigeria long enough, you expect things to be the way they are now. If you look back at OBJ's first year in office, he actually accomplished quite a lot. Look, I can understand your detest of OBJ but no need to feel you have to put the one down to make a point for the other. When OBJ came into office, he was NOt this slow. Even Babangida was not this slow.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2008
Really?? Pls list out what he achieved during his first year in office. I'm waiting.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2008
I could not find a year by year run down for you to see but this should help for now,  If I am able to find a year by year detailed listing of approved projects and plans,we can go from there later on

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/press-releases/37536-obasanjo-legacy-lest-we-forget.html

You mentioned us giving the current guy in office more time. In the one year that he has been in office, he has not even been able to push for improvement of the health system considering he of all people knowing that he has to go out to germany to get healthcare, should understand that there are millions less priviledged nigerians who may be in the same situation as he is that need help as well. He has 3 more years, do you think if we had a fair election today, the Nigerian people would vote him in?? Do not confuse progress on the state level with progress that should be attributed to Yar adua. I read somewhere that some states have been seeking loans and investments from international sources to fund projects. I would say this should be expected but the credit does not go to him if he had no hand in it either.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
I copied the below from your link. And I want sincere Nigerians to tell us if these things being credited to OBJ are worth carrying as worthy projects.

I leave the floor open.

ELECTRICITY SINCE 1999
Major Infrastructural Expansion

• Geregu Plant, Kogi State: completed and commissioned February 2007
• Omotosho Plant, Ondo State: completed and commissioned May 2007
• Papalanto Plant, Ogun State: On going
• Alaoji Plant, Abia State: On going
• Egbema Plant, Imo State: On going
• Omoku Plant, Rivers State: State complted, Federal On going
• Calabar Plant, Cross River State: On going
• Gbarain Plant, Bayelsa State: On going
• Ihovbor Plant, Edo State: On going

MAMBILLA HYDRO PLANT: 2000MW: Contract signed and civil works have begun.

WHAT has CHANGED?
Energy generation increased from 1,800MW in 1998 to about 2700MW in 2004

• Funding increased from about $50m in 1999 to about $380m in 2005

• 19 new power stations under construction to generate 4,500MW of power

• 7,000km of transmission lines nationwide and 22,000 transformers to be installed

• Over 600 project sites nationwide to bring electricity to about 1000 rural communities. The entire project will involve about 20,000 shipments comprising:
• - 200km of gas pipeline
• - 10,000 tons of material for power station equipment
• - 67,500 tons of transmission tower materials
• - 15,000km of distribution conductors
• - 25,000 distribution transformers
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2008
i am not comparing both govts to each other NO. to me obj's govt was a colossal failure what i am sayin is dat yaradua has done nothing, i want him to do things that ll affect the common man on the street. its like in the past months nepa or phcn has gone worse. strikes in all sector of the economy, to me he has done nothing but plans and promises. we need action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is 2011 Election The Best Election In Nigerian History? With Poll. / The Greatest Heist In Modern History ...in Nigeria / Nigeria Closing Embassies Amid Budget Slump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.