Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj (3261 Views)

GEJ Stopped River Niger Contract Awarded By Yaradua, Indigenes Promise Payback / Jega And Terminal Leave OBJ Lacks Moral Integrity To Advise Jonathan / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by lucabrasi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2008
it might seem like yar adua was not doing anything,but there was a lot of decay that both the executive and the legislative arm need to sort out so we wouldnt find ourselves in the same situation,things are slow not only because yar adua doesnt want to work but because due process has just started taking ground and they are getting used to it,an example is the budget impasse,even though its being delayed but at least the same mistake wont happen again and like the reps promised things will be diffrent from the way it has always been as they will follow the funds to make sure it gets to the right places, we have suceeded 8 yrs of obj and his anarchy so we should chill out and just bear with yar adua even though i admit he is slow as a yar adua no matter how slow is better than another obj,at least things are changing and things are moving foward albeit slowly
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2008
You guys should stop making excuses for Yaradua, abeg.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2008
OBJ recorded the highest number of foreign trips in his first one year.

Secondly he ordered the Ethnic cleasing that took place in Odi and Zaki Biam with those records - This was the main this Saddam was killed for and those Serbian generals who acted in time of war,

Given the above we can conclude that OBJ was far more active than Yar'Adua in his first year.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
dayokanu:

Secondly he ordered the Ethnic cleasing that took place in Odi and Zaki Biam with those records - This was the main this Saddam was killed for and those Serbian generals who acted in time of war,

Given the above we can conclude that OBJ was far more active than Yar'Adua in his first year.

LOL!
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2008
dayokanu:

I am not sure if you know of bigbi1 or mammajamma, cause you two sort of approach this issue the same way. The reason Obj is not president now is cause we did not want him back with his many failures. Why should we then, when we are not satisfied with the current, consult the past to draw up reasons to give him more time?? I mean it is clear that you two do not like OBJ but why should he be reason for this one to get more time?? I really don't get that at all.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by 4Play(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2008
dayokanu:

Are you saying Yar'Adua's freequent trips abroad for medical check-up are not a sign of activity? Those check-ups can be very rigorous. He beats OBJ hands down in this department.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2008
If your destination is 10km west but your previous driver took you 10km East, for you to get to your preferred destination, your first 10km would be to correct the mistake of your predecessor. This would be seen as no movement until you can correct the mess you are in.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by bawomolo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2008
If your destination is 10km west but your previous driver took you 10km East, for you to get to your preferred destination, your first 10km would be to correct the mistake of your predecessor. This would be seen as no movement until you can correct the mess you are in.

so what active policies have been proposed by yar'adua. do we even have a budget yet. it seems the legislative branch has more influence than the executive branch in nigeria.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2008
You know what, I am just gonna accept that you are a Yar adua apologist, if that is ok with you. I mean I remember having debates like this with OBJ appologists back when he first came in as well. Over 8 years later, seems they all bet on the wrong man even though there are some of them who still believe the man did a great job. The problems stated by the @Poster still exist and the state of the things so far show that the present administration is not doing enough for the people.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by 4Play(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You know what, I am just going to accept that you are a Yar adua apologist, if that is ok with you. I mean I remember having debates like this with OBJ appologists back when he first came in as well. Over 8 years later, seems they all bet on the wrong man even though there are some of them who still believe the man did a great job. The problems stated by the @Poster still exist and the state of the things so far show that the present administration is not doing enough for the people.

People's love for their country often results in them being overly optimistic and accommodating.They want to believe,against overwhelming evidence to the contrary,that things are different this time with each new Govt.Unfortunately,with regards to Nigeria's political situation,there is a thin line between being such an optimist and being obtuse.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by stanech: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2008
Thank u @poster

This Yaradua guy na Bleep up man OBJ is 10 times better than him. it is his first year now and nothing has been done to help the ordinary man in the street. I dont know why they force the sick ABOKI on Us.

Oh my Donald Duke  where are you.

We need people with track record do rule this country where is DUKE.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2008
Yar'Adua refused to sign the budget cos he was not convinced that much money was needed by the various ministry.
This is the situation we have in Naija where budgets are bloated just for the official to clean out .
Remember the health ministry - Grange saga, They shared money remaining / unspent allocation.
Yar'Adua is asking them to justify the proposed expenditure and they cant .

I can remember OBJ signing budgets in July during his regime.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by oldie(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2008
Obasanjo was not my favourite as the president, but he did something, even if they were wrong
Not taking responsibility for anything and blaming the system is not a good sign of a forward-looking president!
I used to support Yar'adua, but after spending about a year in the office, I do not think he has a clue of what needs
to be done to improve our lives.
I hope I will be proved wrong later
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by cola: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2008
some chaps here have been saying obj initiated this obj initiated that. gosh!
who cares what he initiated for eight years but never got completed!
you forgotten the success story is not he that starteth but he that completeth.

If in 8 years the east-west road couldn't be accomplished just like no road project i know was accomplished and a guy comes in and it was completed under his watch, who takes the credit?

Some tribal bigots also mentioned that only projects are in the north!! oH YEAH, LIKE THE WARRI REFINERY THAT WAS PUT BACK ON STREAM IS IN MAIDUGURI!

Yar'Adua appears slow Ok, but I'd rather a president that's more inclined to well thought-out plans and actions than an impulsive 'with immediate effect' bungler.

We have had presidents that moved fast and you all know them! What did we get for the fast actions? Bad roads and darkness at home and fat personal accounts in swiss banks!

What's more? This guy just got his first budget back from the nat. assembly. A budget he submitted since Nov 07. He declined to sign the bill into law 'cos a 'business as usual' nat. assembly decided to cross the bounday of power separation and padded the budget to feather their personal nests. The guy that would be held responsiblre for implementing the fraud said 'NO, I CAN'T SIGN IT'! Here people still blame him for that! Some people really don't know what they want!

We'll keep praying for him so God help him do good for the people of Nigeria.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2008
If I was God, I would let africa fall as far as the people want to let fall until you all learn that prayer(faith) without works is DEAD.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by cola: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

If I was God, I would let africa fall as far as the people want to let fall until you all learn that prayer(faith) without works is DEAD.

show me where you read 'prayer without work' in that post.
you really didn't have to post reply to that post.
I believe in hard work but I also believe in divine support.
I believe Nigeria needs the two.
You could choose to believe what you choose to believe.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2008
cola:

show me where you read 'prayer without work' in that post.
you really didn't have to post reply to that post.
I believe in hard work but I also believe in divine support.
I believe Nigeria needs the two.
You could choose to believe what you choose to believe.

It was not in reply to yours that is why I did not reference your post but I do feel that way when it comes to my opinion of what I would do to Africa if I was God. just something for my people to thank their God for ( that I am not God).
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 4:43am On Apr 19, 2008
see this one wan become god, god ko sango ni,

Nigeria1.:

Texcee (f) , the award in kaduna is a shame. Look all over the world govt are gettingout of business. Nigeria govt should. LET TALK THE TRUTH TO OURSELF. The 24 million dollar should have gone to development of other sector of Nigeria like education and road. if they sell the kaduna plant. Look president Yar adua is making the same mistake obasanjo did , he he also started by awarding contract which NIGERIA CONTRACTOR . we all know what they do. out of this 24 million, 12 million would have been paid has bribes, And I said so before this is the reason some people want all company sold to return back to govt, So that they CAN KEEP ON AWARDING CONTRACT AND COLLECTING BRIBE FROM THIS CONTRACTOR.

This is why i said that president Yar adua need good people around ,I have said I am willing to go back to nigeria and help president Yar Adua with the energy/power sector. I still they wait for Oga Yar Adua calls.

you don't sell things that don't work-not at a proper price anyway, who is going to buy a car without tyres from you? the refineries were given away by Obasanjo. Any lets be honest most of people don't want to refine oil in nigeria, so if they can't sell it at a good price the govt should run the thing and provide oil for the people, at least they would strip it like they stripped the ajaokuta steel company, and remember what is happening with nitel these so called private professionals can't even pay workers since November 2007!!

get your satellite pictures ready im sure he will call you- just drop your number you never know, he might be browsing in Germany.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 4:49am On Apr 19, 2008
The FEC has also approved a $60 million IDA credit for the implementation of the Kaduna State Rural Access and
Mobility Project.

you mentioned the FG approving credits for kaduna, you failed to mention the credits approved for cross river, bayelsa, Lagos and co
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by stanech: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2008
Yaradua is clueless he do not have any agenda for this country. I bet this is going to be another wasted eight or four years.

Unless God intervains Please God do something like you did to ABACHA lipsrsealed
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2008

you mentioned the FG approving credits for kaduna, y[b]ou failed to mention the credits approved for cross river, bayelsa, Lagos and co[/b]

Could you please provide proof for this. No where have I read anything for Cross River, Bayelsa and Lagos regarding credits

from the Yar'Adua Administration.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 9:28am On Apr 19, 2008
erm they are not from yaradua, they are international grants/credits!!!
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2008
okay, but can we see proof please. Because states other than Kaduna can also use international grants/credits !!!
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by solokay(m): 10:39am On Apr 19, 2008
ono, all that is just nothing if it does not translate to improved electricity supply to the people. I was in Nigeria last year and the situation has worsen. We want true result not somebody that will tell us that at least i tried. Yaradua should give us action and do things to improve the living condition of the people not complaining about OBJ. From the way he is going we might come back here 8 years from now and be saying thesame thing about his administration
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2008
solokay:

ono, all that is just nothing if it does not translate to improved electricity supply to the people.

My point exactly. I only tried to convince people like Kobo, Kemofash and Texcee. You can't claim credit for something you did not complete. David in the Bible had the mind to build a house for the Lord God, but it was Solomon, his son who got the credit for building the Temple in ancient times.

Looking at that list, you could see OBJ coming up with so many project he couldn't complete. . ,  . . . . .he was biting more than he could chew! I take it that all those projects weren't really meant for completion. He was just putting up some kind of show. Even the projects he claimed he completed and commissioned have all been punctured by the house committee on power. The man is failure personified.

Now, the east-west road project was indeed launched by him . . . . ,  . . . I guess a year or so before he departed Aso villa. But the thuurrd term struggles made him ''abandon'' the project. It wasn't until of late that YarAdua kicked off the project once again! So, who takes credit for this work?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2008
ono:

My point exactly. I only tried to convince people like [b]Kobo, Kemofash and Texcee. You can't claim credit for something you did not complete. David in the Bible had the mind to build a house for the Lord God, but it was Solomon, his son who got the credit for building the Temple in ancient times.[/b]
Looking at that list, you could see OBJ coming up with so many project he couldn't complete. . , . . . . .he was biting more than he could chew! I take it that all those projects weren't really meant for completion. He was just putting up some kind of show. Even the projects he claimed he completed and commissioned have all been punctured by the house committee on power. The man is failure personified.

Now, the east-west road project was indeed launched by him . . . . , . . . I guess a year or so before he departed Aso villa. But the thuurrd term struggles made him ''abandon'' the project. It wasn't until of late that YarAdua kicked off the project once again! So, who takes credit for this work?

Look, with the statements in bold, you have only confused me at this point as I am seriously trying to understand how you put 1 and 1 together to come to that conclusion. This is fact, OBJ approved those projects and so, you can not willy-nilly decide because OBJ is no more there means Yar adua can add those as his own accomplishments to his own resume. It does not work that way at all and the Nigerian people are not buying that. What Solokay is saying is completely different from what you are saying and when you post that is exactly your point, you actually confuse things cause he is making the same point texcee and the other have been trying to get you to see, all this while.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2008
Ok Kobo, I see your point. . . . . .should have read the other bit of Solokay's post before posting.

In any case, I still believe whoever puts something to work out there for the good of all is who we will say did anythiong for us. All of OBJs projects could easily pass for white elephant projects if YarAdua did not beam a searchlight into what he claimed he did.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2008
ono:

Ok Kobo, I see your point. . . . . .should have read the other bit of Solokay's post before posting.

In any case, I still believe whoever puts something to work out there for the good of all is who we will say did anythiong for us. All of OBJs projects could easily pass for white elephant projects if YarAdua did not beam a searchlight into what he claimed he did.

Here is what I get from your debate so far, you hate OBJ so much so that you are willing to bend the rules so as to sting him. That is not the way it works, given for the fact that we know that in many cases in Nigeria, once a project is approved, it almost falls off the radar and if government changes hands, the new more than likely would not be incharge of those projects like it would be expected to work in a company setting. Worse, new might not even have a way of taking over control of old projects. You know this. so put aside your bitterness and accept that what OBJ approved can not be attributed to Ya r adua just cause. It does not work that way, not even in any sector.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2008
No one's bending any rule. If OBJ knew he couldn't complete what he started, he should at the least leave something on ground for any coming administration after him to latch on to. The handover from him to YarAdua should have been seamless such that Yardua need not come on air to say he couldn't see anything on ground to show for the 16billion dollars spent on some phony power projects.

I have nothing for or against OBJ. But as one of the few people who had the opportunity of ruling this country (and a special one who had the opportunity of ruling twice), I expected more than what I hear and see from him in this country today. So, when Kemofash said Yaradua should leave OBJ alone (as if he was really after the poor old adulterer and thief), I was really suprised. He/she should have simply posted something like [YarAdua Should get to work - Nigerians are waiting!]. That would have made a good title that people can contribute to.

YarAdua really needs to clean the mess that OBJ left behind after his 8 wasted years at Aso villa, so that he can see clearly to fashion a way forward for us all. I will only begin to complain about YarAdua if after 2 years at the Villa, we can't see anything meaningful from him. But like I stated earlier, the fact that we can get PMS for 70 naira at the moment, in a $117/barrel oil environment is one huge feat from him. We all know what OBJ would have done to fuel price by now if he had thurrrd term going for him.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2008
I think you should go back to read the post again please @Ono. You come off as a yar adua apologist who seriously hates OBJ and does not have a clue what the people are complaining of in this case. Please re-read the initial post and read the explanations that followed.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2008
I daresay it's you who's one big OBJ fan. OBJ should be blamed for whatever woes has befallen us in the past year after his misrule. He (OBJ) was the one who foisted this same YarAdua guy on us (I believe, to slow down things). So, why are you OBJ's boys complaining?

We wanted credible people to govern us, but with hawks like OBJ around, Nigerians can never get what they deserve because they (cursed lot) have some filthy interests to protect.

You know what? I think Yaradua is indeed one great blessing from a cursed source. I careless what you have to say to that.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2008
ono:

I daresay it's you who's one big OBJ fan. OBJ should be blamed for whatever woes has befallen us in the past year after his misrule. He (OBJ) was the one who foisted this same YarAdua guy on us (I believe, to slow down things). So, why are you OBJ's boys complaining?

We wanted credible people to govern us, but with hawks like OBJ around, Nigerians can never get what they deserve because they (cursed lot) have some filthy interests to protect.

You know what? I think Yaradua is indeed one great blessing from a cursed source. I careless what you have to say to that.

LMAO!!!! so my pointing out that you can not claim victory for Yar adua when it comes to what was started by OBJ means I am an OBJ fan/Boy GREAT !!! LMAO !!!  I am sorry ,  but I will stop here now,  you apologist!!! you creep me out ,  you are really creepy people !!! No offense dude,  but I don't know how to help you any further,  goodluck!! LMAO! grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila, ACN Role Model, Is A Felon In The USA / Pa Buhari Has No Primary School Certificate. – INEC. / Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.