Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj (3357 Views)

GEJ Stopped River Niger Contract Awarded By Yaradua, Indigenes Promise Payback / Jega And Terminal Leave OBJ Lacks Moral Integrity To Advise Jonathan / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Texcee(f): 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2008
Quote from: Nigeria1. on Yesterday at 05:14:17 PM

Texcee (f) , the award in kaduna is a shame. Look all over the world govt are gettingout of business. Nigeria govt should. LET TALK THE TRUTH TO OURSELF. The 24 million dollar should have gone to development of other sector of Nigeria like education and road. if they sell the kaduna plant. Look president Yar adua is making the same mistake obasanjo did , he he also started by awarding contract which NIGERIA CONTRACTOR . we all know what they do. out of this 24 million, 12 million would have been paid has bribes, And I said so before this is the reason some people want all company sold to return back to govt, So that they CAN KEEP ON AWARDING CONTRACT AND COLLECTING BRIBE FROM THIS CONTRACTOR.

This is why i said that president Yar adua need good people around ,I have said I am willing to go back to nigeria and help president Yar Adua with the energy/power sector. I still they wait for Oga Yar Adua calls.

I agree with you Nigeria1, most countries are privitazing their public enterprises for the private sector to run them. But what do you
expect from Yar'Adua ? A man that re-appointed Rilwan Lukman - that old and recycled fellow - as his Petroleum Sector adviser ?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2008
Kobo,
There isn't anywhere in any of my entry where I stated that because you see some goodies in the crime lord OBJ, you're one of his boys or fan. Read up. And if my saying (daresay) you're one of OBJ's boy gets to you, and you have to put up some sort of defence, then I can comfortably say that you're indeed one of OBJ's! Bring down the clouds if you have to defend yourself, I care less.

I have my point made, careless about what OBJ's people have to say.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2008
Texcee:

Quote from: Nigeria1. on Yesterday at 05:14:17 PM

I agree with you Nigeria1, most countries are privitazing their public enterprises for the private sector to run them. But what do you
expect from Yar'Adua ? A man that re-appointed Rilwan Lukman - that old and recycled fellow - as his Petroleum Sector adviser ?

I can actually say that in all OBJ did to that country, at least his considering privatizing NEPA , NITEL was a good move and moving to free banks from government control was also a good move. This is hoping Yar ardua does not move to turn things around. Nitels case, I mean I was elated when I heard of how easier communication had become and that ushered in the internet age in Nigeria. If he moves to carry out the move for Nepa /phcn, I am sure we will be 50% closer to the end of these blackouts in no time at all. I saw a story about a private plant that opened somewhere in the east back in november to supply some of the state. If more of those open up, that country will be propelled forward in such a high speed rate in a matter of years.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2008
some chaps here have been saying obj initiated this obj initiated that. gosh!
who cares what he initiated for eight years but never got completed!
you forgotten the success story is not he that starteth but he that completeth.

If in 8 years the east-west road couldn't be accomplished just like no road project i know was accomplished and a guy comes in and it was completed under his watch, who takes the credit?

Some tribal bigots also mentioned that only projects are in the north!! oH YEAH, LIKE THE WARRI REFINERY THAT WAS PUT BACK ON STREAM IS IN MAIDUGURI!

Yar'Adua appears slow Ok, but I'd rather a president that's more inclined to well thought-out plans and actions than an impulsive 'with immediate effect' bungler.

We have had presidents that moved fast and you all know them! What did we get for the fast actions? Bad roads and darkness at home and fat personal accounts in swiss banks!

What's more? This guy just got his first budget back from the nat. assembly. A budget he submitted since Nov 07. He declined to sign the bill into law 'because a 'business as usual' nat. assembly decided to cross the bounday of power separation and padded the budget to feather their personal nests. The guy that would be held responsiblre for implementing the fraud said 'NO, I CAN'T SIGN IT'! Here people still blame him for that! Some people really don't know what they want!

We'll keep praying for him so God help him do good for the people of Nigeria.

Excellent post, Cola. I can't agree more. We can only hope and pray that Yaradua be guided to do the right thing that benefits the yearnings of all while he's up there. Past thieves like OBJ has failed us with his retinue of projects that has no bearing or direction on anything. I think the only successful things OBJ did throughout his 8 years misrule was the fortification and expansion of his farms, women base, Abuja lands, and of course, his Hiltop mansion at Ota. - what a waste of precious time and resources. . . . . . . . . . .a terrible legacy to make reference to!!
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2008
think yar adua is trying his possible best, left to me, political stability is to be preferred over all the noise of awarding white elephant contracts
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2008
Rotimi,
Just think about the trauma of getting wrongly diagnosed by some incompetent Nigerian doctors. . . . . . .And while going through all that, the guy has the heart to face those hawks at the assembly complex. He stood his ground and ensured that there are justifications to support whatever they claim they want to spend money on before he could sign the budget.

And here, we have some peeps saying he's moving too slow for them. Well I agree with people who say we should move slowly and achieve some good results rather than putting up white elephant projects here and there.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2008
, and funny thing is that he is taking this crusade too personal, he hasn't got the build to withstand hawks, perhaps he's got the heart.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2008
What I think Yaradua is doing at the moment is to strenghten state institutions to function effectively without any undue interference from the executives. In months to come, I see a more responsive police force, positioned to tackle public issues effectively. The crime situation in Lagos is under control presently. . . . . .I heard quite a lot of police personnel have been drafted to Lagos, VI and environs to quell the rise in criminal cases there. Someone said crime is worst than what obtains under OBJ. Well, it was under OBJ that a serving minister of justice, Bola Ige was gunned down at home, and up until as we speak, no one knows who killed the man.

It was under OBJ that Harry Marshal was killed in cold blood. Williams was killed in Lagos when Ehindero was IGP. And up until now, we are yet to figure out the identity of his killers. The list is endless, the crimes committed under crime lord OBJ. May we never see his type again in this country. 

Lets just wait and see.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 1:51am On Apr 20, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Dis Guy , what do you think the price of over 30 years refineries would be. The same as brand new. No. Would you buy a 30 years old car for the price of new. No. It is like the story of transcorp. I hear say nairaland, get more people than transcorp cell phone, So who would buy it it at high price. Nobody. T[b]he equipment you are trying to sell are old and useless. Most of them do not work. You see, since IBB period we have put in more money into the useless refineries which is enough to build 5 brand new ones. [/b]

Now if you get old car , which dey give you problem, my brother you go continue to put money into or you buy new one??

But the same useless refinery is now working at about 70% capacity after real maintenance if its old and useless why will anyone want to buy it? If the refineries are to be sold now they will be sold at a higher price almost triple the give away price
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2008
yaradua might have something good for us but really his implementation is very slow. another thing was dat i followed his campaign well and all along the line he kept on saying that he was going to continue objs reform y the turn around didnt he know then that objs reform were 'not good' at that time. i believe dat yaradua cant handle nigeria. i am afraid of the situation on ground
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2008
kemofash20:

yaradua might have something good for us but really his implementation is very slow. another thing was that i followed his campaign well and all along the line[b] he kept on saying that he was going to continue objs reform y the turn around didnt he know then that objs reform were 'not good' at that time[/b]. i believe that yaradua can't handle nigeria. i am afraid of the situation on ground

I am so glad you picked up on that as well cause I remember that and I am wondering the same.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2008
LOL!! at Kemofash20. Your thirst for speed is unparalelled o! But of course Yaradua is running with OBJ's reform. Need I remind you of one of OBJ's reform slogan - ''Transparency and The Rule of Law''. Yaradua has taken this slogan to a whole new level. Never mind that a lot of the heat is going OBJ's way because of the atrocities committed by him and other thieves during their time.

With the renewed and refined transparency and rule of law under Yaradua, Grange, Ibori, Orji Kalu, Iyabo Obasanjo, OBJ himself and others who pilfered, stuffed their pockets and lined their accounts with ill gotten wealth are having sleepless nights.  His style quite contrasts that crude ''rule of law and transparency'' under OBJ.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2008
the only thing i believe in is results i dont believe in hard work or plans and as per results i believe this guy (yaradua) has failed.
nigeria is a country that cannot afford to move at a step by step pace we have to jump steps cos we are really behind time.
its like someonecomes into sch at the middle ofthe semester and expect to read at the same pace as someone that came at the beginingof the semester
cant be done. nigeria is like d student that came to school at the middle of the semester
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by cola: 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2008
kemofash20:

the only thing i believe in is results i don't believe in hard work or plans and as per results i believe this guy (yaradua) has failed.
nigeria is a country that cannot afford to move at a step by step pace we have to jump steps because we are really behind time.
its like someonecomes into sch at the middle ofthe semester and expect to read at the same pace as someone that came at the beginingof the semester
can't be done. nigeria is like d student that came to school at the middle of the semester

Yeah, and so in order to be seen as 'fast', that student must NOT review what has been done before he joined the semester! He should just go on ahead and study whatever remains of the semester 'cos he 'doesn't have time'. Good reasoning!

Oh yeah, you believe in result, not hard work. Ah, well!

The easiest thing in the world probably is armchair criticism.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2008
cola:

Yeah, and so in order to be seen as 'fast', that student must NOT review what has been done before he joined the semester! He should just go on ahead and study whatever remains of the semester 'because he 'doesn't have time'. Good reasoning!

Oh yeah, you believe in result, not hard work. Ah, well!

The easiest thing in the world probably is armchair criticism.

Have you ever applied this logic of yours, in the real world?? Say, at some company you got hired at ?? I would really like to know how that went, and what company that was.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Apr 21, 2008
the problem is yar'adua proposed little policies during his presidential campaign. so where nigerians really expecting action man the bigger problem is nigeria is the legislature who have no clue what they are doing. yar'adua's job seem to be ceremonial
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Lady2(f): 2:39am On Apr 21, 2008
LOL,
First they said crucify him, now they have another scape goat and they're reducing the sentence.
NA WA O
NIGERIANS, wetin my eye no go see?

I hope one day we shall all be satisfied. I highly doubt it though
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2008
see using a whole year to review the situation on ground it is not the best especially when things are getting worse. you must agree with me that as at when obj left last may and now the economy of the country to a common man is worse. no price of anything has remained the same. diesel was 80.00 per liter now it is 105.00. no 5.00 buscuit and u say he is reviewing common. arent they both (yaradua and obj) from the same party. didnt they have a common goal. or was he just decieving us in his manifesto? nothing now is actually better.

go to the streets and see the no of prostitutes we have, how many robbers we have etc. this is the reflection of the kind of govt. yaradua is having. pple have not been paid pension since jan. and u say he is reviewing. so because of due process people shld die of starvation abi? common lets be real. we want nothing but action.

for a president that close at 6pm from office (this i know and i am sure of) or that has been out of office for a week now is not fit for this country. nigeria needs a 24hr(if it cld be mo) monitoring by the president so lets be realistic and just tell yaradua to work.

so far on my score card of yaradua he has[b] F[/b]
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2008
kemofash20:

see using a whole year to review the situation on ground it is not the best especially when things are getting worse. you must agree with me that as at when obj left last may and now the economy of the country to a common man is worse. no price of anything has remained the same. diesel was 80.00 per liter now it is 105.00. no 5.00 buscuit and u say he is reviewing common. arent they both (yaradua and obj) from the same party. didnt they have a common goal. or was he just decieving us in his manifesto? nothing now is actually better.

go to the streets and see the no of prostitutes we have, how many robbers we have etc. this is the reflection of the kind of govt. yaradua is having. people have not been paid pension since jan. and u say he is reviewing. so because of due process people shld die of starvation abi? common lets be real. we want nothing but action.

for a president that close at 6pm from office (this i know and i am sure of) or that has been out of office for a week now is not fit for this country. nigeria needs a 24hr(if it cld be mo) monitoring by the president so lets be realistic and just tell yaradua to work.

so far on my score card of yaradua he has[b] F[/b]

wow, you mean tehyve increased or decreased? na wa o instead of contributing to the economy you are busy counting prostitute grin

you see in nigeria it seems when oga is not around people don't have common sense? so whenever the president is not in town not happens? i wonder what happens when jim ovia is not in town
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by DisGuy: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2008
kemofash20:

the only thing i believe in is results [size=14pt]i don't believe in hard work or plans[/size] and as per results i believe this guy (yaradua) has failed.
nigeria is a country that cannot afford to move at a step by step pace we have to jump steps because we are really behind time.
its like someone comes into sch at the middle ofthe semester and expect to read at the same pace as someone that came at the beginingof the semester
can't be done. nigeria is like d student that came to school at the middle of the semester

did you read your post at all?

i wonder if one will be able to compare OBJ first year with Yaradua's
I think Abdulsalam probably benefited the most from OBJ's every body must chop policy
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by SkyBlue1: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2008
What i really don't understand is what people are seeing that is worth praising in this current leadership Are people now reading special news that i am not aware off? The excuse has been that the rot and decay OBJ left is sooo great and Yaradua is spending time clearing it. In order to break the cycle of thesame arguement please enlighten me, what steps have been taken to "reverse" the decay? Is it electoral reforms which he "promised" he will instigate because we all know the election was disgraceful? I am guessing the freedom of information bill has being passed when i was sleeping? For someone who keeps on baptising us each day in the rhetoric of "fighting corruption" he sure doesn't seem to know what that means. Is there now emergency declared in the power sector? Someone said the country is now safer LOOOOOL. That lagos state police might have become more responsive is that now a credit under Yaradua or a credit that should be ascribed to Fashola of whom people have been seeing the fruits of his labor? Did Fashola not inherit this so called rot too or is Yaradua's own a special brand? Today again i read news, the lagos government is now instigating registration of cars via a smart card at banks instead of the crowding off government offices that was the order of the day before. Tomorrow you read different news about lagos, so Fashola inherited perfect governance? So what is it that i am missing please do tell? What? What has really been done? By the way acting decisive and being cautious are not mutually exclusive. What i really don't understand though is what is being praised? Is it that he has a nice smile? He knows how bad the health situation is in the country especially with his bad health and have we heard any plans to build anything in the health sector? Someone please help me out honestly. If he does not look like someone out of his depths then i really don't know how else to describe him. This is not yaradua hating this is simply honesty. What do you want me to see to praise? Should i just praise this special brand of invisible action. Abi he is working undercover ? LOL
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2008
kemofash20:

the only thing i believe in is results i don't believe in hard work or plans

A case of putting the CART before the HORSE.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2008
Why do I have this feeling that sky blue = kemofash20.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by SkyBlue1: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2008
i am sorry but this is just silly and against my better judgement i have been foolish enough to reply. I have also been accused of being Kobojunkie once, LOL. Please let us just stick to the topic at hand and if you can't reply then don't. I am not anyone but Sky Blue, have a nice day and God Bless
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2008
LMAO!!! this ono dude will go as lows as he needs to to defend his "messiah" LMAO!!
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Truequest(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
Just wondering why some guys are trying to blame Yar'dua and thumb down Ono for his comments.
Have we all forgotten that leadership is about responsibility. Moreso, to neglect history is the way to
a gloomy future. Have you guys forgotten the OBJ did not all his party the right of choice on their
presidential primaries? Have you also forgotten that even after the primary what the election he
conducted was like.

To be fair if Yar'dua succeeds tomorrow I will remember OBJ and if it is otherwise he has a big share in
it. Give the Yar'a a chance, be a great Nigerian wherever you are My last line; Ilegitimacy is no small
burden, he is dealing with that mind you.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by SkyBlue1: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2008
@Truequest in no way am i praising OBJ who was a disgrace, but neither will i praise this undercover action that nobody else is seeing. I would rather praise the fruits of good labour. That is what you praise, not meetings being held. Have we even heard of any plans at all to tackle any major issue? Simple passing of Freedom of Information bill cannot be done. So what exactly are we praising? Come on. Really, what are we praising? Did the situation in Nigeria dip so low that we now have a distorted view of what good governance really is?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Tonim(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2008
Truequest:

Give the Yar'a a chance, be a great Nigerian wherever you are

A man has been in office for a year without any accomplishment(s), people are voicing concerns
about it but some how, some people have made this thread all about OBJ.

I guess what you are saying, truequest, is that 1 year is not enough time to be complaining ?

How long then do we have to wait to see results from the president ?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2008
Truequest:

Just wondering why some guys are trying to blame Yar'dua and thumb down Ono for his comments.
Have we all forgotten that leadership is about responsibility. Moreso, to neglect history is the way to
a gloomy future. Have you guys forgotten the OBJ did not all his party the right of choice on their
presidential primaries? Have you also forgotten that even after the primary what the election he
conducted was like.

To be fair if Yar'dua succeeds tomorrow I will remember OBJ and if it is otherwise he has a big share in
it. Give the Yar'a a chance, be a great Nigerian wherever you are My last line; Ilegitimacy is no small
burden, he is dealing with that mind you.   
1) What has OBJ to do with the fact that we have a President in office that someone feels the need to complain of??
2) Why is Obj Yar adua' excuse for being slow in office??
3) Name one country in the world today where going at the pace we are in the country today is hailed by the people as the best way to go??
4) Who in here do you think keeps backpeddling to obj's fault as reason for persons not to complain about the president man not being quick enough??

I am shocked that Nigerians, after so many years of all we have been through could still take this approach towards government and action. Unbelievable!!

Tonim:

A man has been in office for a year without any accomplishment(s), people are voicing concerns
about it but some how, some people have made this thread all about OBJ.

I guess what you are saying, truequest, is that 1 year is not enough time to be complaining ?

How long then do we have to wait to see results from the president ?

Those questions have been mine from the start. How much longer do we give the man before we, as Nigerians who are sick and tired of nonsense, are allowed to complain?? I mean, let us forget that we have waited 47 years, how much longer do we have to wait to stand up and say ENOUGH is ENOUGH?
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by ono(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
My minimum number of years for ''appraising'' Yaradua is 2 years. After this, and if I do not see visible signs of change and progress, I will join the bandwagon of Yaradua bashers. . . . . . . and those who wants things done with lightning speed.

Kobo,
How low I can get? Well, I tell you I sometimes go down and dirty. . . . . to drive home a point.

True Blue,
Your write up looks very much like that of kemofash20. Never meant that as some kind of accusation or insult. Read my post very well, and tell me if I made any snide remarks about you. Even out here in the real world, people have severally approached me to say they saw me somewhere I have never been. We need not take these things to heart for too long. At the moment, Yaradua isn't paying my salary, neither am I getting anything from him. This plus the fact that I'm among the suffering Nigerians too. But I believe he will do well if given a chance.

And if you fast guys feels he should be shown the way out of Aso villa for under performance (in just 1 year), I'm sure you know what to do to get that done quickly LOL!! grin
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2008
ono:

My minimum number of years for ''apprasing'' Yaradua is 2 years. After this, and if I do not see visible signs of change and progress, I will join the badwagon of Yaradua bashers. . . . . . . and those who wants things done with lightning speed.
Kobo,
How low I can get? Well, I tell you I sometimes go down and dirty. . . . . to drive home a point.

True Blue,
Your write up looks very much like that of kemofash20. Never meant that as some kind of accusation or insult. Read my post very well, and tell me if I made any snide remarks about you. Even out here in the real world, people have severally approached me to say they saw me somewhere I have never been. We need not take these things to heart for too long. At the moment, Yaradua isn't paying my salary, neither am I getting anything from him. This plus the fact that I'm among the suffering Nigerians too. But I believe he will do well if given a chance.

And if you fast guys feels he should be shown the way out of Aso villa for under performance, I'm sure you know what to do.

This I find interesting. So those whose minimum is one year are Bashers by you but when you reach your minimum, you be a saint?? Meaning it is not written in stone that one can not choose to complain after even a year but since it is just not your minimum, those who do it are bashers. OH boY!!!! The only point you have actually proved to people like me is that not all Nigerians are ready to see things change at all.
Re: Yaradua Should Work And Leave Obj by kemofash20: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2008
what u guys should understand is that i am not using objs govt as a yard stick for yaraduas govt. let us be real take a lopok at may 2007 and now tell me one action that yaradua has improved on dat a common man (that does not listen to news) on the street can see.

i dont wanna sound negative but i can only see that the rate of bank robberies are higher, more pensioners are complaining, power outage is on the increase, pure water is now 10 bucks, fuel qeues are more regular now in most part of naija, that is wat i can see cos i am a common man. please i stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TOO BAD!!! Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors / Photo; Two Alleged Gays Caught Red-handed In Benin City, Paraded In Public / Nigerian News Of The 80s,nothing Has Changed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.