Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" (12619 Views)

I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates / "internet Explorer Users Are Less Intelligent" Scientific Study Shows / About To Try Mac; Mac Users, - Are We Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by caesaraba(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2013
JideTheBlogger: I use CloudOn for my office documents and it is a free app for the iPad. So, he should park well.

Abeg help me tell am. And there's Evernote and a host of other document processors.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 08, 2013

This is what Surface looks like. It functions as both a Tablet and Laptop. MsOffice is also an addendum. As a multiple tablets user, I can say, this is revolutionary. Every tablet user needs a laptop at one point or the other, but WIndows Surface functions as tablet and laptop. Bill Gates is perfectly right.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2013
He may condemn it but that won't affect affect its 1st place in the tablet market.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by tspun(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2013
not for me. Is for those that dont know the value of laptop.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 08, 2013
maninmood: In as much as I support Gate's view on users' frustration on iPads, it is not apparently true as there are loads of applications on App store that work exactly like office. I can write notes on my iPad and that for me is close to typing. Notwithstanding, we are looking forward to getting the Microsoft surface. Nice advert Gates. That is what you get when you work deeply on analysis section on software development. You listen to users' requirement and you work on it on the implementation stage. I can't wait to work with you Sir!

Don't mind him.he wants to take us to the stone age of windows ! Lmao
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Manweysabi(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2013
Andriod is madly taking over..
Check out the growth of andriod users daily.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by goldfish80(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2013
Mr gates is right on this one.I dread typing on Ipads. Basically they are big Mp3 player with Wifi.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 08, 2013
Andriod remain the most best of all, what ipad for? With such amont one can start a bussiness
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 08, 2013
So true.
The way I rush go buy Ipad na so I take no dey use am.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 08, 2013
tellwisdom: Yes they are undecided....is Ipad not from dangote cement??

Did you say Ipad runs on Dangote sugar Software

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 08, 2013
Person wey think say i go comot 200k go buy tablet dey sleep ontop okada on high speed.

Dell PC and Tecno N7 dey okay.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by softtouch2(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2013
Bill Gates is truly frustrated.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Jeezyy(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2013
googlepikin: but if you check am na true small sha, some times you dream of having your own ipad, but when you have it, you are like is dat all? I feel so sorry for those people especially girls who carry their ipad2 walking around lagos with earphone listening to music, na wahala you dey find. And na wahala you go get. angry kids still dey collect Nokia Torch den to talk of ipad2.
u no know say ipad5 don comot?
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by bakynes(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2013
I bought my Ipad 4 in the UK November last year wen it was lunched and nw am back to Nigeria Its kinda useless coz d internet here is so poor I can't download one single app unlike wen I was using it back then in d UK wit free fast wifi and nt being able to work wit office packages is frustrating indeed

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Ufeolorun(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2013
caesaraba: Chai! If I hear say we are frustrated. There are many things An iPad offers you that a pc just can't. Portability is chief among those things.
Goto PCworld or scan the net and check out the toshiba z930 an ultra-book. Ultra-flat and weighs only 1.2kg. There are more functional and useful computers out there,the Ipad seem to be more useful to my 3-year old nephew grin and i love the way he handles it;very useful for mickeymouse clubhouse and the rest of his favs tv shows.
justJokes grin,i respect people's choice

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Ilaje44(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

This is what Surface looks like. It functions as both a Tablet and Laptop. MsOffice also an addendum. As a multiple tablets user, I can say, this is revolutionary. Every tablet user needs a laptop at one point or the other, but WIndows Surface functions as tablet and laptop. Bill Gates is perfectly right.

Bolded is true for Surface RT, but not the Surface PRO which is the REAL Laptab.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by caesaraba(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2013
Ufeolorun: Goto PCworld or scan the net and check out the toshiba z930 an ultra-book. Ultra-flat and weighs only 1.2kg. There are more functional and useful computers out there,the Ipad seem to be more useful to my 3-year old nephew grin and i love the way he handles it;very useful for mickeymouse clubhouse and the rest of his favs tv shows.
justJokes grin,i respect people's choice

Lwkmd! U dy vex o.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 08, 2013
WETIN CONCERN AGBRO WITH OVER LOAD? MY NOKIA TOUCH STILL ROCKS! DATS ALL
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Dee60: 3:51pm On May 08, 2013
iPad, good for play and soft work. PC good for a lot of work requiring documents. He is right in some sense. The PC will not go away that easy! I use my PC daily but iPAD occasionally.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by caesaraba(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2013
Dee60: iPad, good for play and soft work. PC good for a lot of work requiring documents. He is right in some sense. The PC will not go away that easy! I use my PC daily but iPAD occasionally.

I do the exact opposite.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 08, 2013
caesaraba: Chai! If I hear say we are frustrated. There are many things An iPad offers you that a pc just can't. Portability is chief among those things.
too much kool aid.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by caukerzee(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2013
Kairoseki77: Bill Gates is mad....lol!

Apple is the largest company in the world, and they are crushing ALL competitors.

Don't worry Bill...you still have a lot of money. Jobs just makes better products.
Apple largest company in the world? Even samsung has been outselling Apple of late.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Laenec: 5:03pm On May 08, 2013
I think its all about what you need and do with those devices.
I have used laptops, desktops but obviously not apple ipad.
With my samsung galaxy note, i read, draw and paint, watch movies, play music, edit pictures, read my textbooks and jot on it simultaneously(with sensitive stylus),do video recordings, type and edit on ppt and word documents, etc.
Do many things without risk of heat to my groin(laptop)
Portable and light (yea, snatchable too..lol)
And for me...BATTERY LIFE is highly needed.
I believe the Pros are more than the Cons.
Hope this sounds useful to anyone planning to chose any of them.
Bill gates has points but not absolute(my tots.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 08, 2013
Almubaraq Sadara: Andriod remain the most best of all, what ipad for? With such amont one can start a bussiness

Poverty is really a disease.
If you ever use an apple product, then you will understand. My iPad 2 will stay over 10 hours when fully charged, not to mention some amazing applications.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by wonlasewonimi: 5:35pm On May 08, 2013
dorothy111:

Poverty is really a disease.
If you ever use an apple product, then you will understand. My iPad 2 will stay over 10 hours when fully charged, not to mention some amazing applications.

The shitty slate that can't multitask.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by bishop4life(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2013
i no get money to buy ipad honestly,but i but wen i get d money it wil b just 4 portabilty...dats all

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 08, 2013
Policewoman: So why is Microsoft complaining of when they have almost equal no of sales?
Microsoft is making higher sales than that, hp is just one licencee. There are other manufacturers of pcs that I believe you know.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 08, 2013
tellwisdom: Yes they are undecided....is Ipad not from dangote cement??
no o its from ibeto groundnut oil.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 08, 2013
"A lot of those users are frustrated, they can’t type, they can’t create documents, they don’t have Office there.”

That was right on point and the reason I find the i-pad just for the showing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku's University Responsible For 55% Total Internet Traffic In Nigeria! / Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Wiring Circuit Diagram For Inverter, Grid And Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.