Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,269 members, 7,849,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria (15244 Views)

Governor Akpabio Bribes Inec Rec 25 Billion To Write Results / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) / Fashola's Lekki Road Scam Increased To N=25 Billion From Initial N=7 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2013
kunlekunle:

hes not busy building anything,
hes simply stashing your future in his pocket.
All stolen funds ends in his pocket.

why is Europe in problem now??
What are you talking about
If only our politicians will emulate this man by investing
in our country instead of stashing the looted money to foreign countries,
Nigeria would have been much better.
Don't you know how many people that are employed in Dangote compaines all around Nigeria?.
If we have upto five people like Dangote in the country, the rate of unemployement would
have been reduced to the barest minimum.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Nigeria is a joke.

An individual with history of profiting from corrupt govt, speaks about $4bn loan from presumably Nigerian banks (who have a bad history of writing off bad loans and allowing corrupt borrowers to steal the money).

A Federal govt who does not feel that it is it's responsibility to build refineries, and is happy to rely on a single company with a record of corrupt business dealings/ alliances.

Is it likely that anybody could get such a huge loan to build refineries with out govt underwriting the loan (agreeing to repay the banks if loan is not repaid by borrower)?

Does any of the above not concern you?

Nigeria is a joke

Brother! U are a very very Big foool, nd no I didn't insult u, I only called u what U are, If u can come ehere and post dis kind of this that only a foolish person with no brain will post then I think that is wat U re!
To start wwith, if the govt should embark in such a project, it will only mean diverting such a fund into a looting scheme, for the 'top boys ' to steal, nd even if it is miraculously completed! There will be govt, agenda, and corrupt govt officials that will eventually kill it b4 it can even stand properly. So It is only a stupid person dat can come and criticize alikos ingenuity
And moreover it was written in d article that he secured d loans from 2 offshore' banks and some nigerian banks, another reason y I called u foolish, cause u didn't even bother to read and grasp the full story befor giving a fooolish comment

So pleas I didn't insult you, just called u what u really are. Thnx

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by mensdept: 4:51pm On May 09, 2013
gerald09: My oga Dangote thank you for encouraging creative minds like ours, Nigerians need to understand that anything is possible, u don't have to be in government or work in an oil company to be wealthy. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are coming behind u. I kn most people that fink is a bad idea shuld be wherever they are hurtin'. In other to be wealthy dere is no such tin as a bad idea, most wealthy men made their money from a bad idea. Years ago creating Nairaland was a bad idea but 2day its part of our everyday life also FB, youtube etc. With dis type of investment in Nigeria a lot can be possible. Creating Jobs is way better than looking for a job #FACT

Seriously? Dangote and "Offshore accounts". This is a criminal who has choked the life off of many businesses in order to attain his wealth. Like ABiola, he's a bigtime government contractor, and now wants to monopolize even more things in the nation.

You guys should wakeup from your localness and oppose people that have given you dogs a bad name to hang you and turn around and seize your doghouse

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by RiKKies001: 4:56pm On May 09, 2013
Scarpon: other people from North like IBB, , BUHARI and co should learn from this man not how to steal our money

How about OBJ, GEJ and others from the south?

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2013
omenka:

My thoughts exactly!
been watching you on this platform lately.. Why is everybody's post your thought.? Why you no just talk am lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 5:06pm On May 09, 2013
Ricky_Ross: While Dangote is busy thinking deep and investing massively, foolz are lazing about. Tomorrow they will claim he is devil, monopolistic etc. At the rate at which this guy is investing, he may become the richest man in the world someday.

From experience, it is mostly lazy and unsuccessful people that will have time to gossip about others. Go to our numerous villages, the poor rats are the ones that will call you kidnapper, 419 or drug dealer once they see you in a flashy car, without even knowing what you do and how long you have been working very hard. For their mind, you can never be successful unless you carry drugs or do illegal business. Ndi Ara...

Same thing Ghanaians do. They lazy about, or at most they sell recharge cards since they cannot think big. When they see any Nigerian driving flashy cars they will automatically label you 419 or drug dealer without even knowing who you are, just because you are a Nigerian.
can't u make your contribution on the thread without involving Ghanaians

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 09, 2013
Ricky_Ross: While Dangote is busy thinking deep and investing massively, foolz are lazing about. Tomorrow they will claim he is devil, monopolistic etc. At the rate at which this guy is investing, he may become the richest man in the world someday.

From experience, it is mostly lazy and unsuccessful people that will have time to gossip about others. Go to our numerous villages, the poor rats are the ones that will call you kidnapper, 419 or drug dealer once they see you in a flashy car, without even knowing what you do and how long you have been working very hard. For their mind, you can never be successful unless you carry drugs or do illegal business. Ndi Ara...

Same thing Ghanaians do. They lazy about, or at most they sell recharge cards since they cannot think big. When they see any Nigerian driving flashy cars they will automatically label you 419 or drug dealer without even knowing who you are, just because you are a Nigerian.

WORD!!!!
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Which banks gave him $4bn loan? Nigeria is a joke.

olodo! you do not believe in your country, well...to satisfy your curiosity and fill your deep stupidity, click on the source of the information and know more....anu
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ol2012: 5:13pm On May 09, 2013
Hardfact: Sounds nice on the surface. It'll make more sense if many more will be given license in like manner so avoid the monopoly which likes of Dangote have long been enjoying in other areas while the people are left at their mercy.
Sir, Obasanjo's govt issued eighteen(18) private refinery licenses but, after several years, only d one in anambra(orient) is under construction. D issue is not about giving more licenses but providing a regulatory framework which ensures private investments in refineries and allied industries are profitable. Dats part of what d PIB presently in d national assembly seeks 2 address. Dangote being a very smart investor knows fully well dat every issue about dat would av been resolved b4 2016 when his refinery is xpected 2 come on stream.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ol2012: 5:16pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Which banks gave him $4bn loan? Two offshore banks and some nigerian banks

Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2013
Lilimax:
Not only the Northerners alone, everybody including you that wrote this stuff should learn from this man Dangote.
Dangote thinks ahead of others...While his mates are busy thinking on how to rule Nigeria by force
come 2015, how to form some kind of party that will kick out PDP..., he is busy building his business empire.
I envy his business sense. wink

Dangote does not think ahead of me.
Dangote at the age of 20 in 1977 before i was born, was given 500k free and another 500k loan by grandfather.
New mercedes was N5000 then.
Thats a million bucks in 1997.
Do the math... 1million naira divided by 5000 equals 200.
New mecerdes now is 6 million.

6 million multiplied by 200 = 12000000000.
Thats what dangote had in 1977 of today.

1.2 billion. Wow!...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by mikeapollo: 5:42pm On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: I keep saying this everywhere I go. Nigeria is experiencing cataclysmic transformation.
In the next 5 years the changes would be so tremendous that people would be begging for Nigerian Visas.
Our Airports will be filled up with Diaspora and Foreigners seeking to come chop from the pie.

I love Dangote. The man is one Nigerian that has put his money where his mouth is. He works hard and deserves every kobo that comes his way. He is the only really wealthy Nigerian(aside the banker guys) that didn't make his money through oil.

When Dangote opens a Refinery, others would follow suit.

People would be begging for visa to a country that cannot provide unintterrupted power supply? You think eveybody is as primitive as Nigeria's condition?

Nothing meaningful will happen in this country untill we have constant power supply
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by chriskwaku: 5:51pm On May 09, 2013
loswhite: can't u make your contribution on the thread without involving Ghanaians
Dont mind the bigot who even claims his wife is a Ghanaian
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by badmeat(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Which banks gave him $4bn loan?

Nigeria is a joke.
gen buhari,una never enter power una want stop investments,
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2013
Every bussines is dangote(monopoly) nawah sum time ago there were other Nigerians who ask FG to give them the licences to build a refinary in Nigeria within 3 years what happen to them.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by headtoto: 6:06pm On May 09, 2013

An individual with history of profiting from corrupt govt, speaks about $4bn loan from presumably Nigerian banks (who have a bad history of writing off bad loans and allowing corrupt borrowers to steal the money).

A Federal govt who does not feel that it is it's responsibility to build refineries, and is happy to rely on a single company with a record of corrupt business dealings/ alliances.

Is it likely that anybody could get such a huge loan to build refineries with out govt underwriting the loan (agreeing to repay the banks if loan is not repaid by borrower)?

Nigeria is a joke

You need to see a psychiatrist ASAP.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by tomber(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria is a joke

Dont worrry Buhari will win come 2015 and kill or put all corrupt people including Dangote into prison...in your dream world.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by tomber(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2013
Kingspin: Every bussines is dangote(monopoly) nawah sum time ago there were other Nigerians who ask FG to give them the licences to build a refinary in Nigeria within 3 years what happen to them.

They are waiting for dangote to go first... so they can begin shoutin monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Edoboy1(m): 6:14pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria is a joke infact I love u,but unfortunately am a guy. You just voiced out my vexation. Obviously these people don't know the implication of what is happening. Do you know how much he is owing before? He is a good man and I love him,but this is political and monopoly at its highest. Am waiting for the day they will privatise ASO ROCK. Just a pity

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by tomber(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2013
mikeapollo:

People would be begging for visa to a country that cannot provide unintterrupted power supply? You think eveybody is as primitive as Nigeria's condition?

Nothing meaningful will happen in this country untill we have constant power supply

Maybe we should stop eating until we have constant power.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by cacadu: 6:19pm On May 09, 2013
If the story is TRUE then GEJ goverment is a corrupt government.Alinko Dangote is not the only person in nigeria that can THINK BIG,I've worked with a THINK TANK @ surulere in lagos who approached the FG for Refinenry Licence in 2008 and the FG refused to approve his proposal so who is Alinko Dangote,pay a visit to Ibeshe cement factory and see how he's sacrificing innocent citizen all in the name of creating employment.i can't post everything i knows about this man on NL.A man that benefited from monopoly is not helping the masses.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Edoboy1(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2013
Raymondenyi:

Brother! U are a very very Big foool, nd no I didn't insult u, I only called u what U are, If u can come ehere and post dis kind of this that only a foolish person with no brain will post then I think that is wat U re!
To start wwith, if the govt should embark in such a project, it will only mean diverting such a fund into a looting scheme, for the 'top boys ' to steal, nd even if it is miraculously completed! There will be govt, agenda, and corrupt govt officials that will eventually kill it b4 it can even stand properly. So It is only a stupid person dat can come and criticize alikos ingenuity
And moreover it was written in d article that he secured d loans from 2 offshore' banks and some nigerian banks, another reason y I called u foolish, cause u didn't even bother to read and grasp the full story befor giving a fooolish comment

. You could hav simply make your own observations and correct him instead of rainin g this kind of insult on somebody who didn't insult you. Can you now see the genesis of our problems? People like you with very little patience are the cause of our problems. You should pls sit down and think of hw to rehabilitate yourself. If I had my way,I will ban you from this forum. I pity your friends and your girl friend.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Hiringu: 6:30pm On May 09, 2013
Dangote is a boss for life. No dispute.

There are free recharge cards being posted right now at
https://www.nairaland.com/1284474/naija-celebrity-quotes-free-recharge
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by premlove(m): 6:37pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria is a joke.
just imagine how poverty have change ur thinking. Smh
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by tlops(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria is a joke.

Mr Dangote who was speaking on the side lines at the on-going World Economic Forum on Africa in Cape Town South Africa, said the loan was secured from “two offshore banks and some Nigerian banks.”
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by kolamilan(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2013
who said aboki no get sense
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by premlove(m): 6:43pm On May 09, 2013
RiKKies001: In his last interview, he said it's crazy for any investor to build a refinery in Nigeria. He also said he will do it but it's risky. Now he's risking $4.25 billion. shocked

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
my friend life him self is a risk which we all have to take
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Capnd143(m): 6:55pm On May 09, 2013

Nigeria is a joke

dear Genbuhari sorry that your ambition of islamisation of Nigeria by ruling in 2015 is being twarted, please try our nearest neighbour Niger!
-
-
back to the basis who ever said Dangote is evil is an enemy of the state and should be charged for treason! Where were other Nigerian when the guy was planning to 7et up his refinery, did he stop them from doing that? After he succeeds in reducing the amount of importdd fuel, then Genbuhari the coup plottes will start calling monopolist! Why has buhari not invested all his looted funds in Nigeria? Rather than stashing it up in Luxemborg? I support dangote with two legs, if you cant help nigeria then leave it for guys like dangote! Do you knw how many jobs this is going to create directly and indirectly? Go lick my black a.zz

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by jaybee(f): 7:06pm On May 09, 2013
Scarpon: other people from North like IBB, , BUHARI and co should learn from this man not how to steal our money

you mean people from south are too big to learn from 'this man'?
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by kunlekunle: 7:07pm On May 09, 2013
Raymondenyi:

the top boys had already stolen the money and handed it to him for keeps.

thats your future in dangotes hand.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by kunlekunle: 7:09pm On May 09, 2013
Lilimax:
What are you talking about
If only our politicians will emulate this man by investing
in our country instead of stashing the looted money to foreign countries,
Nigeria would have been much better.
Don't you know how many people that are employed in Dangote compaines all around Nigeria?.
If we have upto five people like Dangote in the country, the rate of unemployement would
have been reduced to the barest minimum.

thats what they are currently doing, investing the looted funds into the economy through him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At This Moment, There’s No Arewa, No IPOB, No ODU’A, Just Nigeria – Lauretta / Presidents Of Ghana, Niger And Senegal Congratulates President Buhari / Dino Melaye Thanks God For Saving Him From Assassins 5 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.