Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,309 members, 7,850,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria (15245 Views)

Governor Akpabio Bribes Inec Rec 25 Billion To Write Results / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) / Fashola's Lekki Road Scam Increased To N=25 Billion From Initial N=7 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by naptu2: 7:10pm On May 09, 2013
kunlekunle:

thats what they are currently doing, investing the looted funds into the economy through him

Evidence/proof?
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by fallingsky(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2013
While good one's are busy planning for development, stupid one's are busy creating discomfort in the country.
I nor wan call names sha....
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 09, 2013
ZUBY77:

Dangote does not think ahead of me.
Dangote at the age of 20 in 1977 before i was born, was given 500k free and another 500k loan by grandfather.
New mercedes was N5000 then.
Thats a million bucks in 1997.
Do the math... 1million naira divided by 5000 equals 200.
New mecerdes now is 6 million.

6 million multiplied by 200 = 12000000000.
Thats what dangote had in 1977 of today.

1.2 billion. Wow!...

YOUNG MAN 1.2 BILLION MAY LOOK LIKE THE END OF UR PROBLEMS BUT I TELL U NOT EVERYONE WILL KNOW HOW TO INVEST 1.2 BILLION. WITH THE PEOPLE I SEE NOWADAYS, NA TO PARTY FROM DUSK TO DAWN DEY FLY OYINBO LAND ANYHOW, BUY A FLEET OF CARS AND SOME REALLY REALLY FOOLISH ONES WILL EVEN BUY PRIVATE JET.
GIVE THEM 2 YEARS AND THAT MONEY WILL BE HISTORY

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Daresh(f): 7:30pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Nigeria is a joke.

An individual with history of profiting from corrupt govt, speaks about $4bn loan from presumably Nigerian banks (who have a bad history of writing off bad loans and allowing corrupt borrowers to steal the money).

A Federal govt who does not feel that it is it's responsibility to build refineries, and is happy to rely on a single company with a record of corrupt business dealings/ alliances.

Is it likely that anybody could get such a huge loan to build refineries with out govt underwriting the loan (agreeing to repay the banks if loan is not repaid by borrower)?

Does any of the above not concern you?

Nigeria is a joke

It is people like you that pronounce only bad things for Nigeria. When Adenuga was seeking for a loan to pay GSM license for what was then CIL people said the same thing. He lost the license and came back as glo 3 years later and got money from France. Now d same thing with Adenuga. Please be positive .
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 09, 2013
I.Joan:
Good one, Aliko wink wink wink

Chai, who go give me 10million to expand my transport business

Dangote is already in the main stream and am sure it took years. If person tell you say business easy, slap am for me. But see as banks dey like lend big money because the small businesses lack structure and competence. I never still forget as i take lose money to debtors...

Nigerian businesses lack integrity, that is why banks dont lend to small businesses. So one must build himslef into a brand for banks to recognize him. Kudos to boy alinko..
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2013
Nigerians should learn to create wealth. Not only create wealth but the one that will uplift and encourage the poor. Dangote must have the poor in mind why building this refinery to employ good portioned of the unemployed.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by FindOut(m): 8:11pm On May 09, 2013
Scarpon: other people from North like IBB, , BUHARI and co should learn from this man not how to steal our money

So how much of your money did Buhari steal as head of state and PTF chairman that Obj & later GEJ searched and searched and were not able to find?

& maybe you need to go back in history and realise you need to be saying A BIG THANK YOU to Buhari for being directly involved in the building of 3 out of your 4 refineries which subsequent govts have been struggling to maintain.

@Topic, Good news a refinery is to be built in Nigeria but I think we should be somehow worried that Dangote (& not the blo.ody government) is the one to build it. Apart from the fact that recent past and present governments have proven to be absolutely lazy to do anything and have resorted to 'privatisation' and PPP, Dangote = Monopoly. Unless we elect a sensible person in 2015, I fear that after Dangote's refinery (which will be of excellent quality and huge production capacity of course) comes on board, two things may happen:

1) By hook and crook, no other private refinery will be established in Nigeria;
2) The govt owned refineries will suddenly go further downhill or govt will suddenly realise that they are too expensive to run & what happens? the Knight in shining armor Dangote wil gallantly come forward and 'patriotically' 'volunteer' to 'relieve''the govt of its 'headaches' and offer to buy up the refineries (at a tiny fraction of the true value of course) after which he will probably just shut them all down/ refurbish maybe 2 out of them and what happens then??

ALIKO DANGOTE will dictate how much Nigerians will pay for fuel....just the same way he more or less currently determines the cement price in Nigeria today & in some way in the not too distant past, the price of rice.

Of course i pray the gloomy scenario I've presented does not happen but going by Dangote's way of doing business and his coziness with the wicked souls & later dumm.ies in Aso rock, i do not think I am completely off point.

May God give us leaders who know what their jobs are and who have the courage & willingness to do them.....coz they damn well have the cash....if well appropriated.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Boboymartin(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2013
GenBuhari: Which banks gave him $4bn loan?

Nigeria is a joke.

Guy u get problem ya.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by akinjosh(m): 9:04pm On May 09, 2013
like or hate him, loathe or love him; Aliko Mohammed Dangote is arguably one of the greatest men Nigeria has produced. people say he has been succesful because he has been friends wt every govt from decades bk, only a smart n great biz man can do dat; pple say he has been thieving our money wt dem govt, i say he has shared such money, how many employees does he have, tell me if u have 1 chance to work in ur professional capacity under dangote group, won't there be thanksgiving in church on sunday? and be aware that if he builds a refinery in Nigeria, then thats about a thousand Nigerians getting employed again.
Plennty twale for ALIKO MOHAMMED DANGOTE!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 9:30pm On May 09, 2013
So the stolen money should go to swiss bank or buying mansion in london ?
kunlekunle:

thats what they are currently doing, investing the looted funds into the economy through him
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 9:41pm On May 09, 2013
I am simply amazed at the crab in the barrel mentality of my people it is so scary to me.
So we should keep refining oil in foreign country abeg angry
Dangote is creating jobs! Now you will go to another thread and complain that no jobs in 9ja the Elite does not care about us sorry for us the government are thief.

How do you think Europe and America was built? Have you heard of the industrialization era? So we should continue to be a consumer nation importing everything producing nothing?

All these people with negative thoughts I am sure have never done one thing productive to build Nigeria up. Have any of you naysayers created 1 single job for a fellow Nigerian.

Please let us change the way we think. If you don't like the way it is being done get in office and change it yourself. Start with your local government and show us how it should be done!
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 9:45pm On May 09, 2013
you will make it.
okpara ugo:

Chai, who go give me 10million to expand my transport business

Dangote is already in the main stream and am sure it took years. If person tell you say business easy, slap am for me. But see as banks dey like lend big money because the small businesses lack structure and competence. I never still forget as i take lose money to debtors...

Nigerian businesses lack integrity, that is why banks dont lend to small businesses. So one must build himslef into a brand for banks to recognize him. Kudos to boy alinko..
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by samtoye(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmm, if Dangote could build refinery so why is FG not building it to reduce the cost of importation thereby reducing pump price? another monopolistic move after Rice, Sugar, floor, cement and soon Dangote Air ! i am sorry for Nigerians for accepting Dangote and his numerous Greek gifts.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 10:21pm On May 09, 2013
So we should continue to keep importing all these things we should continue to wait on FG to do the right thing? For how long shall we wait is not Dangote items cheaper then imported ones
samtoye: hmmmmmmmmmm, if Dangote could build refinery so why is FG not building it to reduce the cost of importation thereby reducing pump price? another monopolistic move after Rice, Sugar, floor, cement and soon Dangote Air ! i am sorry for Nigerians for accepting Dangote and his numerous Greek gifts.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by biafranqueen: 10:27pm On May 09, 2013
Thank you for expressing my own thoughts and experience...I have seen someone finish 1 million Naira in 8 weeks with nothing to show but a stupid car and clothes that are now all ragged and crying for more loan
Babzilla:

YOUNG MAN 1.2 BILLION MAY LOOK LIKE THE END OF UR PROBLEMS BUT I TELL U NOT EVERYONE WILL KNOW HOW TO INVEST 1.2 BILLION. WITH THE PEOPLE I SEE NOWADAYS, NA TO PARTY FROM DUSK TO DAWN DEY FLY OYINBO LAND ANYHOW, BUY A FLEET OF CARS AND SOME REALLY REALLY FOOLISH ONES WILL EVEN BUY PRIVATE JET.
GIVE THEM 2 YEARS AND THAT MONEY WILL BE HISTORY
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by jambonline2013: 11:07pm On May 09, 2013
if you cannot see your Result because "You Have No Biometric Verification" call: 08115201122 for assistance.
*NOTE : Biometric Verification ends on friday 10th of May 2013.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by kunlekunle: 4:24am On May 10, 2013
biafranqueen: So the stolen money should go to swiss bank or buying mansion in london ?

you are of the ESAU generation, a bowl of porrigde for your future.
the federal reserve increases by 10m every quarter according to NOI,whats the problem not releasing some for the refineries.

Dont cry in two years time over fuel price.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ibkgab001: 5:32am On May 10, 2013
Savannah Bank plc Victoria island
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ayztech(f): 5:52am On May 10, 2013
why is nobody mentioning the refinery site?
please where will it be situated??
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2013
RiKKies001: In his last interview, he said it's crazy for any investor to build a refinery in Nigeria. He also said he will do it but it's risky. Now he's risking $4.25 billion. shocked

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]

If I abuse you now, it will seem as if I'm being wicked. You make a blatant accusation and instead of quoting a link to support your claim, you post a link to your advert. Are you ok?

Show me where Dangote said it'll be crazy for an investor to build a refinery.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 8:47am On May 10, 2013
ZUBY77:

Dangote does not think ahead of me.
Dangote at the age of 20 in 1977 before i was born, was given 500k free and another 500k loan by grandfather.
New mercedes was N5000 then.
Thats a million bucks in 1997.
Do the math... 1million naira divided by 5000 equals 200.
New mecerdes now is 6 million.

6 million multiplied by 200 = 12000000000.
Thats what dangote had in 1977 of today.

1.2 billion. Wow!...
You are a proper Igbo man kara aka?
See the mathematics... shocked shocked
Chei!
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by naptu2: 9:08am On May 10, 2013
A little correction. Dangote was not given a loan by his grandfather (Sanusi Dantata), but by his uncle Abdulkadir Sanusi Dantata (the founder of Asada Farms and Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company). Dangote worked for him before branching out on his own.

(Just the same way Sayyu Dantata worked for Dangote before setting up MRS Oil and Gas).
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by naptu2: 9:11am On May 10, 2013
Click here too read about the Dantata/Dangote Dynasty (Al-Hassan Dantata, Aminu Dantata, Sanusi Dantata, Abdulkadir Sanusi Dantata, Mariya Sanusi Dangote, Aliko Dangote, Tajudeen Dantata and Sayyu Dantata) https://www.nairaland.com/891985/dantata-dangote-story-how-create
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by subnormal: 10:00am On May 10, 2013
blink182: For your information, UBA, first bank and Zenith bank can individually give him that loan but to prevent strain, spread risk and let other banks in, they form a lending consortium.

Offshore (foreign) banks and some Nigerian banks ppl...
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by RKVINTLTD: 10:49am On May 10, 2013
Hi, All.

I appreciate all your contributions in this thread. About Dangote Vision, I will say Dangote is blessing to Nigeria. He never thought of Politics, We was thinking about how to touch the life of people through satisfying their needs. Dangote steps had helped Nigeria economy in many ways, as His made in Nigeria product will definitely reduce importation of Goods to Nigeria which affect International Trade. Nigeria is a country that has the largest Natural resources in World but Our Leader keep on looking at the Treasury rather than thinking about how to utilize the funds available to the betterment of Nigerian people. There is money in this country, for a country that had experienced lotting at various offices and at High places in Nigeria, lotting in Billions and Trillions everyday at Local, State, Federal, Parastatals, Institutions and Private companies, still Nigeria is still surviving and bouyant Economy. Nigeria is Great.

We have Great people in Nigeria if only they can think the way Dangote thinks, Nigeria in the shortest possible time will become Paradise for the world to come and live.
By My experience from Nigeria Textile Mills from 1989 to year 2000, I saw Dangote as a Talent and Savior to Nigeria. Firstly, I knew him as a Supplier of Cotton to The Nigeria Textile Mills Plc at Ikeja, Lagos. His supply rose to more than =N=200million Cotton which NTM could not pay and got indebted to Dangote and NTM was about closing down, Dangote has confidence in himself that NTM can still survive, He request for the coversion of his claims to Shares and his over 200million debt was converted to Shares in which he got 65% worth of Share as at that time. He took up the mantle of the Company with Mr. Edwin (Indian) as Technical Executive and Mr. Alaba (Nigerian) as Human Resources and Admin Manager. Instead of our people from the West and East to cooperate with Dangote, they started tribalistic criticism, saying 'An Hausa Man can not come and buy over Oodua Property'. Dangote then can not look at his money been wasted and his not interest in criticism or confrontation, He Registered another company called Agrosack Nig. Ltd to be producing Sacks for storing Cocoa, Rice, Cement, e.t.c.
Today Agrosack is waxing stronger on the premises of NTM at Ikeja and NTM Plc. has close down. I am happy to hear that Mr. Edwin and Mr. Alaba are Group Directors with Dangote PLC till date.

Therefore I believe in Dangote, He is a risk taker, any one that want to be a great man must be able to sacrifice something before being great. All we need do is to stop criticising Dangote but give him support to achieving this goal. Otherwise He might decide to run pipeline from the South West like Ondo or from Niger Delta region and divert it to the North Central like Niger State, Kwara, or Core North and start to produce Oil from there. I hope this may not lead us to dependency on MPS,AGO,DPK from the North. We alread got our Pepper, Tomatoe, Cow, Ram, Beans, e.t.c majorly from the North, if We could depend on the Petroleum from the north, then what remains.

Our Leaders from the South-West,South-South,South-East should talk to themselves now to follow the Dangote steps by investing along so that in future they will not blame themselves as 'Had I known'.

All Dangote is doing today are ideas from Professional Team he engaged. So let others from the South-West, South-East e.t.c do likewise, Nigeria shall be great.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by aku626(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2013
look I respect Dangote a lot he is a good business man, but building an oil refinery for Nigeria that's deep and i'm not in support of it. One man so much power that's too much, he wants to be like Carlos slim but this time with oil NO that is too much.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by cacadu: 1:56pm On May 10, 2013
Raymondenyi,why calling your fellow human being a fool,is it because he freely express his feeling about AD and the FG?Haba,Learn to use 80% of your head and 20% of your mouth before calling someone a fool okay.For your information,There is a company that apply for refinery license in 2007 and we are being denied approval so,If you are in our shoe will you now say that AD has got sense more than our company?we have even secured a loan of 4billion euros from commerzebank of Germany.If i'm lying check my profile and call my Number.so,don't ever be in haste to call your fellow a fool.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by alemunile: 8:51pm On May 10, 2013
I applaud Mr Dangote for his views. But to be honest the top politician and ex military use him to hide the money they stole from the country. I guess his trying to tell them indirectly what they should have done with the money. many of our billion men club invest oversea instead. The man is creating jobs people. we need like 10 more like that and we will be a country to recon with.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by alemunile: 8:53pm On May 10, 2013
And that is what abiola should have done instead of trying to be the president.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by God4memi: 11:01pm On May 10, 2013
May GOD bless Dangote IJN. I'm proud of him. Let him do what Nigerian Government could not do.
Re: Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria by porka: 1:35am On May 11, 2013
mikeapollo:

People would be begging for visa to a country that cannot provide unintterrupted power supply? You think eveybody is as primitive as Nigeria's condition?

Nothing meaningful will happen in this country untill we have constant power supply

My man! Don't just sit there waiting for an uninterrupted power supply, do something. Strategize.

Otherwise, you'll not meet up later.

Banks are run on generators.

Telecoms masts/towers are powered with generators.

Not ideal, but they are not waiting like you.

It may be too late.

My two cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okoi Obono-Obla Names Those Behind Cultism In Cross River - See Why / Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record / Why President Buhari Cancelled His Much Anticipated Trip To Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.