Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God (621 Views)

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? / What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry / How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God by esere826: 10:03pm On May 09, 2013
In my hay days of protestantism
I like many other protestants couldnt accept the notion of Mary being the mother of God

The catholics however always came out with this brilliant logic:

Catholic: Is Jesus God?
Me: Yes
Catholic: If so, then Mary is the mother of God

I felt it was blasphemy back then.
However, with time, the logic seems to make sense to me
I have now even been able to accept that John was a brother of God, and there were uncles, aunties, grandfathers, grandmothers, stepp siblings, nieces and nephews of God

And guess what, Jesus at the Cross also handed his mom over to a disciple John to kind of foster
So we have God's foster brother

Welcome to the God familly
Re: Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God by Qkeyxyz: 10:47am On May 10, 2013
There are two versions of Jesus:

Jesus of the flesh, that lived according to human nature and by the law. It is this jesus who was the son of Mary and Joseph and brother to John, etc.

Then Jesus who became God, He was born of the Father God, through the holy spirit, at the resurrection.

So the first jesus is not the same as the last. Seeing them as the same is the error and lie embedded in the minds of most christians.
Re: Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God by plaetton: 11:47am On May 10, 2013
Qkeyxyz: There are two versions of Jesus:

Jesus of the flesh, that lived according to human nature and by the law. It is this jesus who was the son of Mary and Joseph and brother to John, etc.

Then Jesus who became God, He was born of the Father God, through the holy spirit, at the resurrection.

So the first jesus is not the same as the last. Seeing them as the same is the error and lie embedded in the minds of most christians.

OMG! shocked
This is entirely new.
You are trend setter.

So now we know that Jesus suffered(or endured) some kind of multiple personality disorder
Jesus the son of Yahweh, and jesus the son of Mary. undecided

Bipolar perhaps? shocked
So who should we really be paying attention to in the scriptures?
I guess you should have to write a new cipher for the NT with notations to show us who is speaking at any particular time.
For example, the sermon on the mount. Was that the human Jesus or the god jesus speaking on that occasion?
Pls hurry up with your cipher for the NT. It would help us a lot and put the teachings of Jesus in a proper and deeper perspective.
grin grin
Re: Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God by Qkeyxyz: 12:17pm On May 10, 2013
^^^
Obviously you are making humor. So I oblige you with some laughter grin grin grin
Good one though.
Re: Mother, Sons And Uncles Of God by esere826: 9:01pm On May 26, 2013
Qkeyxyz: There are two versions of Jesus:

^^^
Great

But the logic remains that as long as anyone accepts that Mary is the mother of God, then it is only fair that the person should also accept other members of the God familly

Foster father of God, brothers and sisters of God, nephew and nieces of God ,.. etc

(1) (Reply)

One Man One Wife Is A Sin Against God / What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. / Pope Draws 1.5 Million For Copacabana Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.