Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,461 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) (7421 Views)

To All Programmers, Today Is My Birthday! / All Programmers Drop Your 2go/facebook Username Here / All Programmers Are Self Taught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by PrinceNN(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2013
::duplicate::
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Ajibel(m): 12:51pm On May 15, 2013
I'm seeing the traces of uncool attitudes of some so called adult pros here. Yea, am a teenager but i'm kinda an amateur and the reason (i believe) why many here dont know there are so many teen "newbie/amateur" programmers here is 'cuz they'd be looked down upon/neglected. Our opinions wouldnt be considered and the pros wouldnt like to reply on threads created by newbies 'cuz they(pros) are trying to maintain 'levels'. I know of a programmer here(name witheld) who most of you know but he claims to be an adult while he's just my age mate.
...and no one (newbie/amateur) is ready to show off his/her works or projects just to prove a point he's a pro and not a "script-writer"
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by elvis10ten(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2013
Kennyinusa: guys stop arguing over nothing.

A Newbie would continue to be a Newbie.

And this is to all Newbies:
lets see some of your jobs, maybe that would show people like myself that you are not just a wannabe programmer or a script writer. Just acknowledge that you guys are developing and that there is also room for development. Meanwhile do not insult some established programmers in the forum. I believe that you guys get it, right. Thank you.

And to all the big guys:
Lets also show these Newbie a lil bit of respect because as Newbie, they can only make
1)Small program
2)Slow Programs
3)Messy programs.
But that doesn't mean that we should make them feel like it.

Thank u
lolz. Nice post. And u think you are a pro ?

1 Like

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Kennyinusa(m): 6:11pm On May 15, 2013
Am aint no pro, and not a newbie either. Am just me, trying to survive. If u care to know, am an undergraduate pursuing a degree in computer science. Please don't mis-interpret mi o, am aint no pro, am just me and I write me... Lolz
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by elvis10ten(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2013
Kennyinusa: Am aint no pro, and not a newbie either. Am just me, trying to survive. If u care to know, am an undergraduate pursuing a degree in computer science. Please don't mis-interpret mi o, am aint no pro, am just me and I write me... Lolz
same here. Am just me oh, neither am i a newbie. Incase you want to know, i am just a 14 year old guy in ss1 with 2 years experience. *Bam bam*.

3 Likes

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Creatrixity(m): 8:39pm On May 15, 2013
elvis10ten: same here. Am just me oh, neither am i a newbie. Incase you want to know, i am just a 14 year old guy in ss1 with 2 years experience. *Bam bam*.
For real bro?if true,cool!.
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CodeHouse: 9:08pm On May 15, 2013
Ajibel: I'm seeing the traces of uncool attitudes of some so called adult pros here. Yea, am a teenager but i'm kinda an amateur and the reason (i believe) why many here dont know there are so many teen "newbie/amateur" programmers here is 'cuz they'd be looked down upon/neglected. Our opinions wouldnt be considered and the pros wouldnt like to reply on threads created by newbies 'cuz they(pros) are trying to maintain 'levels'. I know of a programmer here(name witheld) who most of you know but he claims to be an adult while he's just my age mate.
...and no one (newbie/amateur) is ready to show off his/her works or projects just to prove a point he's a pro and not a "script-writer"
angry angry angry
Well said but did you just dabble here or you actually read the thread from the top before commenting?
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2013
grin ok ok...sorry if i causd a hastle here,wasnt intentional,jst tryin to share my experienc...although dats past tense sha,cuz ryt nw i av d pick of d grlz in ma set,i guess dat last 1 was jst cupid playin wit all d wrng arrows
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Ajibel(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2013
CodeHouse--
From the top i started from!
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 15, 2013
@CodeHouse: Fine Fine, i get it. You're the All knowing 'Pro'.. Kindly take your 'Proness' where the 'Pros' are, then create a controversy and challenge them.. I know you're good at that..
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2013
Now,i frown n get disgustd here wen i c so calld pros intimidatin or tryin to intimidate so calld newbies...its fukin annoyin..4 christ sake at sum point in ur lyf/career u whr once a rookie,i mean i remembr writin my frst eva php code,d all 2 famour hello world,i was xcitd at d time,it felt gud,lyk it or nt,as of dat moment,i became a programa,3yrs on nd dat luks lyk childs play,at sum point sum of our grwin pros whr lyk dat,mst prgramin language lessons always strt wit hello wrld,..i can bet dat evn zuckaberg was once a hello worlder,but wat d hell!...weda its a simple cntact me script,or a full scale MVC powrd OOP coded CMS dat on has made,is it not a program?...if uploaded to any server,wont it run?..abi does prgramin hav special codin 4 pros!...ahah,watin sef,meanin say u b baba wey de earn cash frm prgramin no mean say odas no fit b lyk u..,am yung,nd i knw wat m capable of,i knw ma strength n weaknsses,i knw wat i can code n cnt code...but dat dsnt remov d name prgrama frm my array or names,does it?...wat u can say is dat sum pple r mre advancd dan odas,u dnt hav to knw c o c# or python to b a prgrama...ok,mak i ask u,wats d difrnc btwn an armd rubr who pickd up arms 2day n dat who strtd b4 anini sef,r de nt both armd rubbrs?,if caught no b d same jail dem go go?...abeg,mak una no de discourage prsn,u can kil a man's dreams by tins u say.
I knw php,html,css,js,jq,n a little bit of python,am currently learnin java and Android dev,and m getin along,i can write my own script for a forum or CMS or watso eva if i want,cuz i knw all tecniqs n m eva xpandin my knwledge base,nw dat m done wit waec,my 36 prgramin ebooks wuld b my cmpanion,nd 1 day,ama b my own oga at d top....but weda u lyk it or nt,agree or nt...I AM A PROGRAMMER(jst nt as famous as zuckaberg,or as multi xpertisd as u),AND U MUST RESPECT THAT...shikina...
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Ajibel(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2013
CodeEater--
chill bro.there is nothing to get hyper about.stay cool and do your thing.we all are prolly gonna need help someday so lets just leave and "respect" the pros.i for sure know i can be better some day.you and my co-teenagers too can cool
cheers
signing out of thread!
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 15, 2013
^^^ Word!

#FollowsOut!!
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Creatrixity(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2013
The annoying thing is that with all the proGRAMMERS(not programmers) here.
I am yet to see many nigerian programmers contributing majorly to their programming language of choice.
You are a java/c/assembly/haskell pro,what was the last library you developed or helped developed?
Are you recognised in the open source community?
Its your aims and what you do that matters...
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CodeHouse: 11:42pm On May 15, 2013
@All of you who posted..what can I say? (1. If you actually read in one of my post above, you'll find where I pointed out that "We too were once learners or newbie but the fact that
some of you guys use insultive terms in your post is actually the problem"..and that might result in "us" considering who to help on the forum, "If we are in the position to do so"..Don't you guys get it? Nobody is proving to be the "pro" at some point we all are learners and no one has all the knowledge there is. (2. For me I take my time to observe and learn from others, rather than listing all the languages and assigning them to yourself, just be a programmer, it is not the languages that makes you a programmer but how well you use them to solve a problem..but when you start up with I can write php, css, html, pe, python, c#,c++, etc Personally I in turn expect a lot from you.."To whom much is given, much is expected" It is a rule of life. You didn't hear of Mark until facebook became a hit..right?
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CodeHouse: 12:07am On May 16, 2013
...those who call me outside the forum for some advice or help, knows how freely I share information and love to help..Infact you guys are the pros with all your listings of programing languages..I can't even boast of so many dialect as some of you (especially when you start thinking of a Compiler made by Nigerians)..so don't get it all wrong..ok @code-eater I didn't explicitly say you are not a programmer, in short, the first guy who commented on your post did..@Judinho don't call people "dude" especially when you don't know anything about them and "lame post" really?..so you guys should remain committed, we need you guys to make Nigeria a better place..so in a way I am Apologizing if in a way you feel offended...AND WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING SLEEPING...START CODING!
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by elvis10ten(m): 5:59am On May 16, 2013
CodeHouse: ...those who call me outside the forum for some advice or help, knows how freely I share information and love to help..Infact you guys are the pros with all your listings of programing languages..I can't even boast of so many dialect as some of you (especially when you start thinking of a Compiler made by Nigerians)..so don't get it all wrong..ok @code-eater I didn't explicitly say you are not a programmer, in short, the first guy who commented on your post did..@Judinho don't call people "dude" especially when you don't know anything about them and "lame post" really?..so you guys should remain committed, we need you guys to make Nigeria a better place..so in a way I am Apologizing if in a way you feel offended...AND WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING SLEEPING...START CODING!

ah. So there was a war here. Nice post. 101 likes

1 Like

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by omoelu1(m): 7:20am On May 16, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Now,i frown n get disgustd here wen i c so calld pros intimidatin or tryin to intimidate so calld newbies...its fukin annoyin..4 christ sake at sum point in ur lyf/career u whr once a rookie,i mean i remembr writin my frst eva php code,d all 2 famour hello world,i was xcitd at d time,it felt gud,lyk it or nt,as of dat moment,i became a programa,3yrs on nd dat luks lyk childs play,at sum point sum of our grwin pros whr lyk dat,mst prgramin language lessons always strt wit hello wrld,..i can bet dat evn zuckaberg was once a hello worlder,but wat d hell!...weda its a simple cntact me script,or a full scale MVC powrd OOP coded CMS dat on has made,is it not a program?...if uploaded to any server,wont it run?..abi does prgramin hav special codin 4 pros!...ahah,watin sef,meanin say u b baba wey de earn cash frm prgramin no mean say odas no fit b lyk u..,am yung,nd i knw wat m capable of,i knw ma strength n weaknsses,i knw wat i can code n cnt code...but dat dsnt remov d name prgrama frm my array or names,does it?...wat u can say is dat sum pple r mre advancd dan odas,u dnt hav to knw c o c# or python to b a prgrama...ok,mak i ask u,wats d difrnc btwn an armd rubr who pickd up arms 2day n dat who strtd b4 anini sef,r de nt both armd rubbrs?,if caught no b d same jail dem go go?...abeg,mak una no de discourage prsn,u can kil a man's dreams by tins u say.
I knw php,html,css,js,jq,n a little bit of python,am currently learnin java and Android dev,and m getin along,i can write my own script for a forum or CMS or watso eva if i want,cuz i knw all tecniqs n m eva xpandin my knwledge base,nw dat m done wit waec,my 36 prgramin ebooks wuld b my cmpanion,nd 1 day,ama b my own oga at d top....but weda u lyk it or nt,agree or nt...I AM A PROGRAMMER(jst nt as famous as zuckaberg,or as multi xpertisd as u),AND U MUST RESPECT THAT...shikina...
true talk nd make sense
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2013
LET ME STIL STRESS IT AGAIN....I MEANT NO HARM OR INSULT TO ANY ONE...m d type of guy who lyks to mix up wit pple in d industry,weda new or old,newbie or veteran,young or old...but wat i dnt lyk is dez kinds of pple bein 2 proud or rude bcuz de knw so much,e no make sence at all...evrybdy learn's frm sumbdy,n no 1 man can do tins alone,at sum point,u may nd sum kind off help,u neva knw who can giv it to u...so all of u,pro or nt pro,shuld plz b frndly wit each oda..my pple say,'wa di ama ama','onye ma echi'...no one knws 2moro...lets flw 2geda plz
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CodeHouse: 8:03am On May 16, 2013
Creatrixity: The annoying thing is that with all the proGRAMMERS(not programmers) what was the last library you developed or helped developed?
Are you recognised in the open source community?.
An average American sits at home and the government will feed them, it is not thesame here in Nigeria. Everyone is trying to make a living..those who contribute to sourceforge are not Nigerians, I am yet too see one..Intellectual laws don't have grounds here and that's why you can go to computer Village to get softwares worth N10K for N120 naira..can you imagine? Well if you care to know I have more than 100 apps including a VIRUS made by me with MY Compiler( I call GINA not yet patented)..With GINA you can
do a lot and I am training some groups how to use it..I made my first operating system in a diskette years probably at your age, It was totally DOS like..I am still not calling myself a pro for there is a program I am yet to write, my point: Nigerians (some) are not sleeping.
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 8:14am On May 16, 2013
CodeHouse:
An average American sits at home and the government will feed them, it is not thesame here in Nigeria. Everyone is trying to make a living..those who contribute to sourceforge are not Nigerians, I am yet too see one..Intellectual laws don't have grounds here and that's why you can go to computer Village to get softwares worth N10K for N120 naira..can you imagine? Well if you care to know I have more than 100 apps including a VIRUS made by me with MY Compiler( I call GINA not yet patented)..With GINA you can
do a lot and I am training some groups how to use it..I made my first operating system in a diskette years probably at your age, It was totally DOS like..I am still not calling myself a pro for there is a program I am yet to write, my point: Nigerians (some) are not sleeping.

tru...

1 Like

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Gerardcole(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2013
Chale!!

My own story is kinda different. I don't know why from my primary school till now I dislike social functions and any such thing as a relationship (I'm not gay or anything). So programming compounded the issue.

I remember a day I was in the church others where praying, my mind was on the code to achieve as aspect of a project. I did get it.
#WhoSaysTheHouseOfGodIsNotGreat

Recently Afam4eva was talking of loosing it socially and asking NL's to help him suggest the hype of the moment.

I really think this condition is common amongst focused (and aspiring / forged) programmers who are yet to get there.

1 Like

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On May 16, 2013
Kennyinusa: @CODE-EATER
To me you are just kinda confused and devastated because your gf left you. And everything that you have posted isn't matching up.
To be candid, you aint a programmer.

You write script(markup) THAT ALL. And it would take more than PHP/MYSQL/JQUERY/JS to be a programmer. Programmer's design web apps, desktop apps, mobile apps, cloud based apps. So if you feel that you are there(here) then you are not.

The fact that your girlfriend left you doesn't mean that you should create a trend.

Assholes like me have a life, and i have spent more that 18Hrs with my laptop over the past 24Hrs.

So, get yourself together, coordinate you live(living) and make your passion your profession. If you really love this so called programming, then dont let one bleeped up girl who doesn't care about what you care about make you feel bad about your life.

Absolute Bunkum!

Anybody that designs an app that is dynamic is a programmer and the OP fits into the desctiption.
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by elvis10ten(m): 6:06pm On May 16, 2013
CodeHouse:

PLEASE, DO NOT USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE. THE TIME GIVEN TO: "MY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE IS THE BEST", "DRAGGING AND BRAGGING" and other irrelevant things could be put into something meaningful
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CodeHouse: 8:44pm On May 16, 2013
@elvis10ten..I actually thought we are all trying to get along here? Are you implying that I am jobless or something? And you think I am not doing anything meaningful with my time and life? Why?
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
Absolute Bunkum!

Anybody that designs an app that is dynamic is a programmer and the OP fits into the desctiption.
Yeah!!!
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by elvis10ten(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2013
CodeHouse: @elvis10ten..I actually thought we are all trying to get along here? Are you implying that I am jobless or something? And you think I am not doing anything meaningful with my time and life? Why?
No, am not refering to anybody directly. Am not saying u are jobless. As a programmer we have atleast 1 hour free time. If 20% of it can be put in such gud art, it would be great. But if you notice, such free time is used to do those things i listed above. Take nairaland as an example
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2013
I was bored,netwrk was bad,so i pikd up my phne to kp maself busy,nd i entrd my pro paint mobile to create sum images 4 ma css wrk,but 4 sum unknwn reason,i went frm tryin to mak tiny images wit gradients to create dis little android image...done undr less dan 10minits in a mobile phn,tru 1 smal editor...cool huh? smiley

Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by kambo(m): 11:39pm On May 16, 2013
Ajibel: I'm seeing the traces of uncool attitudes of some so called adult pros here. Yea, am a teenager but i'm kinda an amateur and the reason (i believe) why many here dont know there are so many teen "newbie/amateur" programmers here is 'cuz they'd be looked down upon/neglected. Our opinions wouldnt be considered and the pros wouldnt like to reply on threads created by newbies 'cuz they(pros) are trying to maintain 'levels'. I know of a programmer here(name witheld) who most of you know but he claims to be an adult while he's just my age mate.
angry angry angry

programmg is one of d few meritocracies around. And d only intellectual one @ dat. Stp feelg like a martyr and dnt let anybdy put u dwn w/o ur consent.
Norbert weiner was an ivy league phd @ age 18. Dexter founder strted his first company @ age 11 (pre teen). If ppl wnt take u seriously ignore dem. Its ur life
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by CODEEATER(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2013
Hey guys....let's (teens/so calld amatuers) frm a team,or a group....wrk 2geda learn frm each oda...evn hav an official fb page...hw abt dat
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by Nobody: 8:52am On May 17, 2013
:::
Re: A True Story And An Advice To All Programmers(expecially Newbies) by dansmog(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2013
I think there is difference between a Programmer and a Web Developer. And also there is a difference btw software programming and web programming. As a newbie (if there is anything lower than this- thats me) it will be better we accept that we are ''web users'' and a web developer or php/javascript developer .(it is not a small thing to call yourself a developer). Am not in support of anyone here, just my opinion.
CODE-EATER:
Hey guys....let's (teens/so calld amatuers) frm a team,or a group....wrk 2geda learn frm each oda...evn hav an official fb page...hw abt dat
good you had better create a new post for that with a title ''to all newbies in web programming''... It will be great,, i go join oh!!! Now create that thread fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) / Web Vs Software Development / Www.sunnewsonline.com Has Been Hijacked : Warning!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.