Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... (41398 Views)

Fans Accuse Annie Idibia Of Bleaching / Nigerian Female Celebrities Accused Of Bleaching (photos) / Is Ghanaian Actress, Joselyn Dumas The Sexiest (nollywood + Gollywood) Actress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

The red and white picture vs the picture from the youtube video. under similar lighting. She was dark. Now she is brown skin. She looks very different from those pics now.

I too look very different under different lighting. And I do not bleach. When someone bleaches they graduate from dark to light finally. You can't say Yvonne is bleaching and she will be switching from one color to the next as in the case of tonto.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

Huh? I am not insulting you. The contrast of light make-up such as blush/pink lipstick against medium dark tones can throw people off. Coupled with the camera flashlights in her pics.

You didn't correct anything.
stillwater:

So upon all your open eye you don't know that foundation has changed over the years? You wanna compare Yvonne Nelson of old nollywood in the age of Mac? Even Genevieve doesn't look like her old pics.

It's no longer lightening, it's foundation grin cheesy grin

I guess some of us only apply makeup on our face and not the rest of our body.

Kudos to you too. These women still bleached under their makeup.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by A40(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Aww thank you :-) *running fingers through my Brazilian hair* Um well, girls that bleach think/feel it makes em look better. Some actually do look better (when they're toning mildly), the others look horrible outta desperation for a lighter skin.

Me? I'm black n proud :-D
You welcome. Its sad girls feel that way cos they are awfully wrong! The after-effects of bleaching are too horrible to even consider it an option! What happens sef to we ninjas that actually like our dark-skinned honeys? Dark-skinned girls are becoming an endangered species lol
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:23pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

I too look very different under different lighting. And I do not bleach. When someone bleaches they graduate from dark to light finally. You can't say Yvonne is bleaching and she will be switching from one color to the next as in the case of tonto.

She did lighten her skin. Look at those 3 pictures. The lighting is very similar. Yvonne is no longer as dark as the pictures she wore a red and a white shirt. I have seen enough pics of her to know that. There are various stages of bleaching. Not all is outrageously obvious like Rita dominic and that other ojuju someone posted.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 8:26pm On May 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

It's no longer lightening, it's foundation grin cheesy grin

I guess some of us only apply makeup on our
face and not the rest of our body.

Kudos to you too. These women still bleached under their makeup.

I thought that this is common knowledge.

Depending on make-up, cameras and positioning your skin tone can look somewhat different.

Even someone as dark as alek looks different depending on the type of picture taken.

Ugh I hate typing from my phone. Would have loved to provide pictures as examples.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

I thought that this is common knowledge.

Depending on make-up, cameras and positioning your skin tone can look somewhat different.

Even someone as dark as alek looks different depending on the type of picture taken.

Ugh I hate typing from my phone. Would have loved to provide pictures as examples.

No swerrie, it's not common knowledge for a woman to apply makeup like it's lotion.

That makeup is what we call bleaching creme.

If you're doing it, you need to stop.

I hope that "knowledge" does not become common.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 8:29pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

No swerrie, it's not common knowledge for a woman to apply makeup like it's lotion.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by daguru(m): 8:29pm On May 10, 2013
Does bleaching increase their account balance Just thinkin aloud cos am yet to understand why these people bleach

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:30pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Makeup can be made and manipulated for someone to look lighter. Same with lighting. But all these girls did bleach. Mercy sef doesnt look very different, but from her movies and uneven tone sometimes, its obvious that she bleaches. But had not quite perfected it. I saw a recent picture of her and she is a lot lighter than what you posted.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin grin

lol can you imagine these women trying to excuse bleaching.........omo, may that knowledge not be common abeg grin
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

She did lighten her skin. Look at those 3 pictures. The lighting is very similar. Yvonne is no longer as dark as the pictures she wore a red and a white shirt. I have seen enough pics of her to know that. There are various stages of bleaching. Not all is outrageously obvious like Rita dominic and that other ojuju someone posted.

I don't believe she did. She has money now she can take care of herself and look better. The money must show for her body now doesn't mean she's bleaching.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by cold(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

I dey troway salute o!
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

Makeup can be made and manipulated for someone to look lighter. Same with lighting. But all these girls did bleach. Mercy sef doesnt look very different, but from her movies and uneven tone sometimes, its obvious that she bleaches. But had not quite perfected it. I saw a recent picture of her and she is a lot lighter than what you posted.

True, it's harder to catch a lightskin woman bleaching. But you can tell, the hue of her skin looks so unnatural. Even if hidden behind makeup, you can still tell.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by jasper7(m): 8:34pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Aww thank you :-) *running fingers through my Brazilian hair* Um well, girls that bleach think/feel it makes em look better. Some actually do look better (when they're toning mildly), the others look horrible outta desperation for a lighter skin.

Me? I'm black n proud :-D
Hehehehe. Are your fingers having a Brazilian hair fetish? cheesy
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 10, 2013
Stillwater showed you a video of Yvonne in 2013 sans makeup and flashlight.

How is she different from her supposed darker days?

Hey I like your concept here...but be careful who you label.

Texas.Cowgirl:

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:37pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

I don't believe she did. She has money now she can take care of herself and look better. The money must show for her body now doesn't mean she's bleaching.

I know a lot of people that came into money. That didnt change their skin tone automatically. If taking care of herself means buying better cream. Then you are saying the truth. If it was all about money, i wonder why Wale Tinubu who is a very rich man is still the same color. grin. Sure you may dress better, look healthier, and smell nicer. But your color would not change. Remember, she has lived in Africa permanently. So we cannot claim she got a bit lighter from lack of intense sun exposure. With all that hellfire heat, these girls are looking light. haba o.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

I know a lot of people that came into money. That didnt change their skin tone automatically. If taking care of herself means buying better cream. Then you are saying the truth. If it was all about money, i wonder why Wale Tinubu who is a very rich man is still the same color. grin

No lightening around grin
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:
Stillwater showed you a video of Yvonne in 2013 sans makeup and flashlight.

How is she different from her supposed darker days?

Hey I like your concept here...but be careful who you label.

Really

[img]http://1.bp..com/-x3_zIoIAMMk/UIqNcrWqFtI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ETPVjk_qsxc/s1600/yvonne.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

I know a lot of people that came into money. That didnt change their skin tone automatically. If taking care of herself means buying better cream. Then you are saying the truth. If it was all about money, i wonder why Wale Tinubu who is a very rich man is still the same color. grin. Sure you may dress better, look healthier, and smell nicer. But your color would not change.

You wanna compare a man to a woman? cheesy I would speak for myself, my skin would definitely improve if I win a jackpot. By improvement I don't mean bleaching. It would be brighter, smoother and sexier! Wale tinubu ko! tongue
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by whatzbyafria(m): 8:44pm On May 10, 2013
Indifferent: Where is Monalis chinda
she is there...LOL
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:45pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

You wanna compare a man to a woman? cheesy I would speak for myself, my skin would definitely improve if I win a jackpot. By improvement I don't mean bleaching. It would be brighter, smoother and sexier! Wale tinubu ko! tongue

So because she is a woman, something in her body states she should automatically be light. Come on! You and i know that equates to being able to afford better cream. Anytime i leave Nigeria, i get lighter because of lack of sun exposure everywhere. But when i get back, omo, i am sweating, panting and burning. SPF sef would be running away from me. I dont know how they do it. cheesy. That cream must be special. grin. She must have "toned" and is "maintaining"
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 10, 2013

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by whatzbyafria(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2013
Yvonne Nelson DID NOT bleach but I think Monalisa is bleaching and I don't know why. sad sad sad
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by tinkinjo: 8:52pm On May 10, 2013
We straighten our hair, wear wigs and all sort of extended hair products: You hear them say "love your hairdo!" Some even begged "can I touch it?"

We drop our accents and take up the American or the British and they all enthused: "Oh what a great accent you have!"

...no one chastised us but all encouraged us. Most even sponsor us.

Then we lighten our skin and they start screaming "what have you done to your skin?"

...I mean What hypocrisy!

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123:

So because she is a woman, something in her body states she should automatically be light. Come on! You and i know that equates to being able to afford better cream. Anytime i leave Nigeria, i get lighter because of lack of sun exposure everywhere. But when i get back, omo, i am sweating, panting and burning. SPF sef would be running away from me. I dont know how they do it. cheesy. That cream must be special. grin

Baby it's not about cream. This celebrities are disposed to spa treatments. People like us remove makeup from our faces with soap and water grin. When you use those expensive products if you see the kind of dirt that comes off your face despite the fact that you used soap to wash it. Even you yourself you go change if you pamper your skin in one month.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 10, 2013
Why is Tonto so damnnn shapeless? I would never have an ere...ction with that if I was a man. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 10, 2013
ehn shocked

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:55pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

Baby it's not about cream. This celebrities are disposed to spa treatments. People like us remove makeup from our faces with soap and water grin. When you use those expensive products if you see the kind of dirt that comes off your face despite the fact that you used soap to wash it. Even you yourself you go change if you pamper your skin in one month.

But i go to the spa every 6weeks. Why i never upgrade ok o. Dirt ke. LOL. The only dirt i see is the makeup they wipe from my face. Yes you get brighter for a few days, but you return back to normal. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School / Joke Silva Celebrates Her 59th Birthday With Stunning Pictures / Davido Gifts Isreal DMW's Fianceé ₦500k For Airtime (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.