Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service (14094 Views)

Check Sign On Camry Dashboard / FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by yuzedo: 6:53pm On May 12, 2013
mikeyhernadez: *Holds laugh
Yuzedo come and comment on this oo
Bro, wuz dis? Is dis mad poeple limozin? undecided Plis plis am eaten duck soup wit my nebor Alika Dangoti. I will commet letta. angry

2 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 12, 2013
This is a non issue.

1) What works in other countries does not necessarily have to be duplicated in Nigeria.

2) Here in the USA, new Bus drivers do indeed drive commercial Bus on the street (without Learners sign but with instructor on board) and no passengers.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by bbulldog(m): 7:08pm On May 12, 2013
I go try put learner for trailer, on 3rd mainland bridge
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by logica(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2013
omodapson:

It seems you don't get the point here. Where else will you learn to drive if not on a public road but is it proper to do it with a vehicle being used to carry passenger?
You never heard of trainee drivers?
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 12, 2013
@ op its not a new thing dats the normal thing to du or u want him to learn how to drive BRT wit a range rover evogue?

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by abujalapdog(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2013
@op ..."hahahaha i laugh"-- Obj
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by denzel2009: 7:42pm On May 12, 2013
If a bus driver is newly hired, he needs to learn using the bus to know the route the bus would ply.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 12, 2013
omodapson:

It seems you don't get the point here. Where else will you learn to drive if not on a public road but is it proper to do it with a vehicle being used to carry passenger?
Y nt,as far there is no passenger inside.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by esco600: 7:43pm On May 12, 2013
i dont think anything is wrong with the pic. Drivers who drive such buses have to be trained and i believe thats why there is a big L on the bus and you cannot drive such a bus without practising on the highway with an instructor and i doubt if there are passengers on board.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On May 12, 2013
Sheyy OP you just fall your hand, abeg try and visit one of the western worl more importantly you need to be Y2K compliant, plz upgrade to the 21st century, its always safe to ask questions when you dont understand, it dont mean you are stupid but its a very secure means of adding to your knowledge.Its normal practice for a Coach/Bus of that size to have the L plate on with an instructor and from the Pic I can peer through and Im sure there are no passenger so the driver is simply trying to attain his/her PCV Licence, Kudos to that state's ministry of transport for implementing such practice, it should be extended to the rest of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Kalif(m): 8:02pm On May 12, 2013
Well I think a learner shouldn't be on a public lane,dazul!
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2013
This is where you are all missing the point. I have not discredited Oyo state government, Infact I am happy that the government is rolling out programmes that are benefiting the masses. Neither I'm I against a public transport being used for driving lessons. What I am against is doing this with passengers on board. The bus was seen dropping off and picking passengers. It wasn't seen once but twice.

If we must allow such, it must be passenger free with a qualified instructor.

And for all the bashings, thank you.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 12, 2013
Me don see "L" for bus on Upper Brook Street in Manchester City, no big deal...I don even enter Magic Bus on Oxford Road Manchester wey the Driver na Trainee while the Instructor kak beside the drivers cubicle dey guide am...so Abobi, calm down, in saner climes e dey happen...Or U want the driver to go learn on the streets of Mars, Pluto or Jupiter?

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Was the bus actually carrying passengers? I couldn't deduce that from your post.

Yes. Saw it a couple of times.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by emiye(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2013
Oyo State is recently test running the mass transit buses to aid transportation within the state,as it is currently free of charge for commuters, it does not have a designated buses driving school yet, but will need lots of drivers, as more buses will be introduced in weeks from now, i guess they are testing would be drivers.That bus with a learners tag, i think does not have passengers.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 8:10pm On May 12, 2013
Phrankin: So what do you want us to do now? start bashing oyo state govt? was it carrying passengers as at that time? you just took pics from the back seat of your friends car, came running to nairaland to make a mockery of yourself. see your life now. I guess you're not getting the kind of response you expected. sometimes we just make a fuss out of nothing. plus it seem you're trying to imply that oyo is a failed state with that leading question.

What sort of response do you think the poster was expecting and what gave the impression that the car belonged to poster's friend? Did you read between the lines at all?
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 8:11pm On May 12, 2013
emiye: Oyo State is recently test running the mass transit buses to aid transportation within the state,as it is currently free of charge for commuters, it does not have a designated buses driving school yet, but will need lots of drivers, as more buses will be introduced in weeks from now, i guess they are testing would be drivers.That bus with a learners tag, i think does not have passengers.

It does.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Soluty: 8:11pm On May 12, 2013
[b][b]What if I told you that you could start online today without much

effort at all and make up to $347 per day...

..With just 30 minutes of time spent?

Do you think you would want to check that out?

I should hope so!

Tune in,because you are going to be SHOCKED at what I am about to

reveal.[url] www.azzard.com[/url]

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 12, 2013
gbosaa:

you beat me to it..if the trainee driver has got his instructor beside him,he is not carrying passengers and this vehicle is certified for driver training,i dont see any problem with that.

I see such all the time in guildford...with the sign..sorry not in use displayed at the front of the bus..

Pls there is nothing dysfunctional about this..
Credit to oyo state govt.you dont expect someone who learnt how to drive with a scrap old vw beetles to be given a job driving the public in one if those buses.

Bros I sure say na Arriva Bus for Guildford U dey talk about...Because me sef been dey see dem dey navigate Woking, Bagshot and Aldershot on training...

Meanyle how Guildford? I miss the Friary at Town Centre...

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omo9ja1(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2013
well there is nothing wrong with that before you take a job driving sort public transport, you need to learn few thin from advance instructor
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by emiye(m): 8:38pm On May 12, 2013
omodapson:

It does.
Well, i am not aware of that, i joined the bus for the first time on friday, and there was no learners tag on it, and BTW, it is free of charge, if anyone thinks {s)he is not safe, then take the alternative, which is your own vehicle or another mode of public transport.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by temitope23(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2013
It's not something that's new, even LAGBUS has a B.R.T bus with the "L"sign painted boldly on it but it is used to train drivers who want to drive the B.R.T. But you did not tell us if the bus has passenger in it or not or maybe you saw it loading.
omodapson: I don't know where to put this, but I hope the mod will help place in the proper place.

The picture below is that of an operational public transport tagged Ajumose by the Ajimobi led government in Oyo state. The surprising thing is the way the Learner's sign was conspicuously displayed on the vehicle with further inscriptions that warns other road users to keep off. I can't help but wonder if same could be allowed in a functioning state. This only shows the dysfunctional level of this society. if you must learn driving, should it be done on a public transport system? And who was the guy that certified the rookie driver?

The vehicle was seen plying challenge-ojoo axis of Ibadan.

I think it's more of a comedy than it actually looks. smh. shocked
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Ardedaryor(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2013
@op wat u xpected isnt wat u get sha...i cnt see anytin bad in dat..
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by badmeat(m): 8:59pm On May 12, 2013
yuzedo:
Bro, wuz dis? Is dis mad poeple limozin? undecided Plis plis am eaten duck soup wit my nebor Alika Dangoti. I will commet letta. angry
grin
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Salmoneus(m): 9:14pm On May 12, 2013
What's the problem here? this is perfectly normal practice!! why are Nigerians always looking for things to complain about?

2 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by wellmax(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2013
No mind OP jare, e be correct omo Ibadan, now he knows better. grin
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by we0x: 9:32pm On May 12, 2013
I see this as a case of the driver simply being honest. I sincerely do not see any wrong in this. This learner commercial bus driver is far much better than most of the commercial drivers you get on our highways, who have neither driving lessons nor know basic driving rules talk more of high way codes. So my dear Mr OP rest your case.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by ollybosieb: 9:32pm On May 12, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Was the bus actually carrying passengers? I couldn't deduce that from your post.
Yes, i saw the driver picking up passengers in Challenge.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by ollybosieb: 9:36pm On May 12, 2013
Somorin#1:
This is a non issue.

1) What works in other countries does not necessarily have to be duplicated in Nigeria.

2) Here in the USA, new Bus drivers do indeed drive commercial Bus on the street (without Learners sign but with instructor on board) and no passengers.
This one was full of passengers without and instructor.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2013
ollybosieb: This one was full of passengers without and instructor.

You saw what others didn't see. I believe there's a standard regulation in situation like this. Why play with passengers lives?
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by BizBooks(m): 10:20pm On May 12, 2013
Somorin#1:

Here in the East Coast, such buses usually have the sign "Driver on Training" boldly written
across the front and back of the bus. Maybe the OP does not know this: but in civilized
countries, you actually have to pass a road test before getting a license or a driving job.

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by tellwisdom: 10:43pm On May 12, 2013
You don manage get lift while standing in a very hot sun, you begin snap photo up and down for person car. sad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Safety Features In Cars Invented By Volvo / Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned / Nwanneni's Road To Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.