Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service (14082 Views)

Check Sign On Camry Dashboard / FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2013
I don't know where to put this, but I hope the mod will help place in the proper place.

The picture below is that of an operational public transport tagged Ajumose by the Ajimobi led government in Oyo state. The surprising thing is the way the Learner's sign was conspicuously displayed on the vehicle with further inscriptions that warns other road users to keep off. I can't help but wonder if same could be allowed in a functioning state. This only shows the dysfunctional level of this society. if you must learn driving, should it be done on a public transport system? And who was the guy that certified the rookie driver?

The vehicle was seen plying challenge-ojoo axis of Ibadan.

I think it's more of a comedy than it actually looks. smh. shocked

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2013
omodapson: I don't know where to put this, but I hope the mod will help place in the proper place.

The picture below is that of an operational public transport tagged Ajumose by the Ajimobi led government in Oyo state. The surprising thing is the way the Learner's sign was conspicuously displayed on the vehicle with further inscriptions that warns other road users to keep off. I can't help but wonder if same could be allowed in a functioning state. This only shows the dysfunctional level of this society. if you must learn driving, should it be done on a public transport system? And who was the guy that certified the rookie driver?

yes learning to drive is done in a public roads if it is from a driving school the vehicle have dual control
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by omodapson(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

yes learning to drive is done in a public roads if it is from a driving school the vehicle have dual control

It seems you don't get the point here. Where else will you learn to drive if not on a public road but is it proper to do it with a vehicle being used to carry passenger?

5 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2013
*Holds laugh
Yuzedo come and comment on this oo
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by daywatcher: 6:27pm On May 12, 2013
is there an instructor guiding the driver? Is he/she carrying passengers? the back of the nus does not tell us anything.

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by YoshiMaster: 6:29pm On May 12, 2013
omodapson: I don't know where to put this, but I hope the mod will help place in the proper place.

Was the bus actually carrying passengers? I couldn't deduce that from your post.

3 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Phrankin(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2013
So what do you want us to do now? start bashing oyo state govt? was it carrying passengers as at that time? you just took pics from the back seat of your friends car, came running to nairaland to make a mockery of yourself. see your life now. I guess you're not getting the kind of response you expected. sometimes we just make a fuss out of nothing. plus it seem you're trying to imply that oyo is a failed state with that leading question.

14 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by TeeSeven(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2013
@Poster: it is not a crime to be a learner (on private and commercial vehicles) on public roads. There's no surprise to it. I have seen a similar sign on London Transport busses.

17 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2013
This got me cracking. As in learning with people's life at stake! This is lafficulous.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 12, 2013
And una go say goverment nor dey try____What do you call this if not JOB OPPORTUNITY??

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by darkashes(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2013
thats ibadan- the ancient city for u. I believe there are no passengers and if there should be,its obviously stupid
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by supaeagles(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2013
Tee_Seven: @Poster: it is not a crime to be a learner (on private and commercial vehicles) on public roads. There's no surprise to it. I have seen a similar sign on London Transport busses.
exactly. we cannot jump into conclusions based on just one picture. we do not know if actually there were passengers inside.....and even if there were passengers it is not a big deal. Even inside plane sef sometimes junior pilots do the landing and if it is a rough landing the pilot will make a announcement explaining the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 12, 2013
Not sure what I'm supposed to be staring at.

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by FulaniBOII(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2013
mikeyhernadez: *Holds laugh
Yuzedo come and comment on this oo
Yuzedo don finally replace Red Mosquito
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by SITogira: 6:36pm On May 12, 2013
Please help me, i bought a new airtel modem but i dont know how to reharge and also how to get 3G bonus of new modem
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by bigass(f): 6:37pm On May 12, 2013
whats wrong with this OP. Someone is learning how to drive a high capacity bus!!!!!!!! and come here to yearn pxx. that you can drive a minibus car or anything does not mean you don't need to learn how to drive this bus.Olodo. maybe next time when you see a trailer jump into it and start driving because you've learned how to move your fathers bettle!

3 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by slap1(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2013
Maybe driving passengers and an empty bus is not the same, and the guy wants to learn how to drive passengers.

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 12, 2013
daywatcher: is there an instructor guiding the driver? Is he/she carrying passengers? the back of the nus does not tell us anything.

you beat me to it..if the trainee driver has got his instructor beside him,he is not carrying passengers and this vehicle is certified for driver training,i dont see any problem with that.

I see such all the time in guildford...with the sign..sorry not in use displayed at the front of the bus..

Pls there is nothing dysfunctional about this..
Credit to oyo state govt.you dont expect someone who learnt how to drive with a scrap old vw beetles to be given a job driving the public in one if those buses.

4 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by SisiKill1: 6:42pm On May 12, 2013
I don't get it....what kinda Automobile should the learners use if public busses is what they will be driving?

Am I missing OP point?

2 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by SITogira: 6:44pm On May 12, 2013
Friends please help me, i bought airtel modem and i dont know how to recharge it.
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by wellmax(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2013
@OP, are you a learner, drivers employed to drive such buses are usually trained and assesed before they are eventually allowed to drive the public(hence the learner sign). That is the normal thing in every sane society. Even LAMATA/LAGBUS have such learning buses.

3 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by rozayx5(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by eiete(f): 6:46pm On May 12, 2013
Tee_Seven: @Poster: it is not a crime to be a learner (on private and commercial vehicles) on public roads. There's no surprise to it. I have seen a similar sign on London Transport busses.

My thoughts exactly when i saw the post.

I wonder what bus he wants the trainee driver to drive and on which road. If he does get the job he is going to be driving a similar bus, and probably plying the same route. Hence he has to familiarize himself with things. This is what is done in developed countries. Not employ someone because he has a drivers license.

Instead of applauding such initiatives were drivers are being trained to drive mass public vehicles, he comes here to whine about "dysfunctional level of this society ". I think he should have done a little bit of research before he came on Nairaland and posted such a post. This is how people use their own mouth to talk ill of government without having any knowledge of what they are talking about.

5 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I don't get it....what kinda Automobile should the learners use if public busses is what they will be driving?

Am I missing OP point?

I tire oo. Maybe he wants the learner to go and learn driving with a camry.

4 Likes

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 12, 2013
If there are passengers in the bus, good for them! They are used to such situations,cos, Nigeria is like a bus with a learner behind the wheels!
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by aspabay(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2013
The OP is indeed a learner.
There nothing wrong with the vehicle and the sign, its the right thing to do. No driver started learning with a big bus, so they have to be taught again. Mind you trainees in those buses are not completely new to driving.

1 Like

Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by supaeagles(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2013
gbosaa:
.....Pls there is nothing dysfunctional about this..Credit to oyo state govt.....
On point.... they were proactive in informing / alerting other drivers. I'm sure others have experienced this too...you will be inside a commercial vehicle and then realize that the driver is not only new to driving but driving recklessly on top of that angry
Re: Learner's Sign On A Public Transport Service by ZEN(m): 6:51pm On May 12, 2013
@OP there is absolutely nothing wrong with your observations.However,it would have been wrong if passengers were in the bus at that time . Could you have preferred an unmarked bus be used?perhaps your grudge was it was plying a public road . Again no crime was committed as long as there was adequate supervision.I see no crime bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Zealand Dogs Pass Driving Test / Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned / Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.