Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? (36364 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by AnanseK(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2013
Do you want a performing governor or just a christian governor? I am sorry the pentacostal priests are heating the polity and confusing our people. We have elected a president whose best qualification is that he is a christian. See where we are. Please talk of quality and capacity for good governance and if he can give us justice and development, he doesnt even have to believe in God.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 8:52am On May 13, 2013
geekinthelead:

CORRECT!!! You will never move 1 inch!!!... grin grin grin

grin silly me! I should have known who you are, what with all your attacks on Shymex.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PeterKbaba: 8:59am On May 13, 2013
geekinthelead:

If you like show him in jerusalem and even in the vatican drinking tea with pope francis, he will never be president of federal republic of banana (oops.. nigeria)

Stop chasing shadows, we are talking about lagos state here
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Sheenor: 9:00am On May 13, 2013
zeen nurei: [/b]UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL. WE THE GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGERIA WE DO NOT CARE WTHR MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN TO GORVERN ANY PART OF NIGERIA ALL WHAT WE WANT IS DEVELOPMENT AND GOOD GOVERNANCE[b]
GBAM!!!! wa Shere..
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 9:00am On May 13, 2013
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 9:01am On May 13, 2013
PeterKbaba:

Stop chasing shadows, we are talking about lagos state here

Ignore him.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ceejayluv(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2013
Okay, it's clear from the posts that the OP is strictly on his own about the religious sentiments. The thread can be closed in peace now.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2013
BABATUNDE FAHOLA @ TRADITIONALIST PAGAN EYO FESTIVAL, ADIMU ORISHA MASQUERADE:

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Orikinla(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2013
[size=18pt]
naptu2: What has religion got to do with performance? Is it islam or christianity that will build bridges, provide drinking water, ferry services, etc?

By the way, Lagos has had christian governors in the past: Sir Michael Otedola, Mike Akhigbe, Olagunsoye Oyinlola (the worst governor in the history of Lagos), Ndubuisi Kanu, etc.
[/size]

[size=14pt]Thank you.

The worst affliction plaguing Nigeria is not bad leadership or corruption, but IGNORANCE.
And ignorance kills.
Ignorance has destroyed more lives and properties in Nigeria than corruption.[/size]
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by naptu2: 9:25am On May 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
BABATUNDE FAHOLA @ TRADITIONALIST PAGAN EYO FESTIVAL, ADIMU ORISHA MASQUERADE:

Wow! The first thing that came to my mind, when I saw your moniker listed as the last poster, was Eyo Festival.

1 Like

Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by aku626(m): 9:29am On May 13, 2013
if you still keen on religion, His wife is a christian
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2013
naptu2:

Wow! The first thing that came to my mind, when I saw your moniker listed as the last poster, was Eyo Festival.

coincidence or divine providence? wink
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by tayo4me(f): 9:48am On May 13, 2013
All these people that come here wanting to dictate what happens in Lagos are definitely not Lagosians. I don't know why you people won't go back to your villages and correct the wrongs there.

Lagosians are not complaining so don't start trouble when there should be none.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:58am On May 13, 2013
krendo:

you can abuse me all you like but in 2015 the people of Lagos will question why only a certain religion produce the Governors in Lagos. It is a legitimate political question to ask. There is no need being abusive about it.

If Tinubu and Fashola are so open minded and Lagos is so United then they should have a process that allows all no matter there religion to have a chance. It is called equal opportunity.

Fashola was Attorney General to Tinubu, now Hamzat is Works commissioner to Fashola. There is nothing similar about these people in terms of career path. The reason for this pattern is nothing but their religion.

These are the fact!

If Religion does not matter then lets see Fashola and Tinubu back someone from the other side.

There is no need being nepotic and then turn around to accuse others of nepotism when they call you out on it.

Lagos will vote in 2015!
Nonsense, I heard that Fashola's wife is a Christian and he allows his children to attend Christianity with his wife.How can a man who allows such in his family care a hoot whether the next Governor of Lagos state is a christian or Muslim ?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by AAAdam(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2013
krendo: I think the people of Lagos will ask why only Muslims seems to emerge Governors in Lagos?

2015 will be a year of change

There are Christains qualified to run the affairs of Lagos too!
. Pls, what religion have to do with politice affairs?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by kambah(m): 10:17am On May 13, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^Who cares if the governor is Muslim, Hindu, Pagan, or whatnot?

As long as the person is indigenous to the state, Lagosians will support him/her.

You lot need to take your religious bs away from Lagos; most people from there have Muslims, Christians, and Traditionalists in their families. undecided undecided undecided

Nairaland self! Why should a issue of religion be brought up, atleast all aforementioned performed wellor u people just need christian there weather he/she can perform or not. Nigeria alwayz religion above everything, haba!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by pure123: 10:45am On May 13, 2013
nawah o......u allow the OPs to succed. wh@ he actually wanted is a conflict and u allowed him instead of ignoring him?

why should it come to d front page self if no b say d mod want wahala..

christians, muslims or babalawo, all we want is good governance..period!!!
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by ifihear(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2013
This is one of the GREATEST PROBLEM we have in this great country Nigeria. When has religion become a basis for good governance? Why start a sentimental religion s**t when all we want is progress and the dividends of democracy?
Tell me are the states being governed by Christians any better off?? Pls lets stop all these religious sentiments and think of how we can work together to make Nigeria a country every other countries would envy.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Lilimax(f): 10:56am On May 13, 2013
lakesider: ops of nairaland are tribalistic and religion extremist .y not be plain in ur topics.y course religious crisis .ban me if u wan to
They love topics like this cos it will generate the much needed traffic on Nairaland shocked
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Lilimax(f): 11:00am On May 13, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
In the history of Yoruba people religion has never been an issue....Ooni of Ife is a Muslim....Alaafin of Oyo is a Muslim...but they regularly attend churches and pray for people....qualification is what matters to the Yorubas...
In other words they are CHRISLAM shocked shocked shocked
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by iwanchop(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2013
Eziachi:
When making example of Yoruba behaviour, never use Lagos as your yardstick. Lagos is a no man's land, the melting point of everybody. Come back to me the day Osun state will have an Igbo man as commissioner.

I get sick with this your Lagos-is-no-man's-land stance, the Awori people had been in existence before 1832 and Lagos was just created in 1967,so tell me how Lagos became a no man s land,is it because Lagos is not a Yoruba word like Osun,Ogun etc.
Most of you claim Lagos is no man's land but go back to your village to say it's ur ancestral land.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Dansalau: 11:34am On May 13, 2013
I think religion should not be the yardstick, meanwhile these people you mentioned are just Muslim by name and birth but they are half Muslims, half Christians, because their wives are Christians, both Tinubu and Fashola wives are Redeem members, in fact Oluremi Tinubu was the brain behind the redeem parish in the state house, so as far as Lagos is concern, religion is out of it......
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2013
Lilimax:
In other words they are CHRISLAM shocked shocked shocked

its bullsh!t. Ooni of IFe is namesake christian.

just like King Abdullah of SAudi Arabia is custodian of the 2 holy mosques of Mecca and Medina, in the same way

Nationally he had always been prominent amongst the Federal Republic of Nigeria's company of royal Obas, the Ooni of IFe is regarded as the Chief Priest and Custodian of the holy city of all the Yorubas .

He is a Babalawo in disguise.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by iwanchop(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2013
My fellow TRUE Lagosians let's not allow these people who were trained to hate other denominations(even though they are all xtians) from childhood to plant seeds of discord amongst us.Lagos is where it is today because muslims and Christians have been tolerating themselves, let's make it continue.
I would vote for a traditionalist if he can offer good governance to the people better than a devoted xtian or Muslim. You don't have to be a devoted Muslim or xtian to perform
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Paentera(m): 11:46am On May 13, 2013
krendo:

you can abuse me all you like but in 2015 the people of Lagos will question why only a certain religion produce the Governors in Lagos. It is a legitimate political question to ask. There is no need being abusive about it.

If Tinubu and Fashola are so open minded and Lagos is so United then they should have a process that allows all no matter there religion to have a chance. It is called equal opportunity.

Fashola was Attorney General to Tinubu, now Hamzat is Works commissioner to Fashola. There is nothing similar about these people in terms of career path. The reason for this pattern is nothing but their religion.

These are the fact!

If Religion does not matter then lets see Fashola and Tinubu back someone from the other side.

There is no need being nepotic and then turn around to accuse others of nepotism when they call you out on it.

Lagos will vote in 2015!

Fashola was never Attorney General to Tinubu. He was Chief of Staff. Now with this sort of lack of in-depth research into things as simple as the position of the former governor, I can conclude that you have no pedigree to refer to who and who should rule Lagos. Go away with your small mindedness.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Mccullum: 12:07pm On May 13, 2013
Let you be informed that the South West Nigeria does not have problem with religion simply because no family you can't get muslims, christians and even some have traditionalists, but the majority are muslims by the historical background of the region, the Lagos u're it was a place dominated by muslim indigens the history pictured out the activities of their fore fathers against slaves trade and colonialism in Lagos, and most christians among them they were convertees, even if it doesn't favoured hamza it might be for senator GHOS,Asafa,or muiz banire, akeem gbabiamila, musiliu obanikoro,Dr. dosumu all were muslims,it be noted that amongst those enlisted two were PDP members, dont think what applicable at where u came from it could be use here, so go and think great because religion is not our problem in S/West unlike S/South, S/East and the whole North, the yorubas only needs an inteligent, competent, reliable, compassionate and responsible governor with good qualifications irrespective of religion... Eko oni baje o
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 13, 2013
krendo:

These are the fact!

Lagos will vote in 2015!

ITS NOT WHAT U WROTE THAT BAFFLES ME
THAT 19 PEOPLE LIKE UR POSTS IS WHATS BAFFLING
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by MillionDollars: 1:39pm On May 13, 2013
see jamb question... Muslim or no muslim? Is lagos still not d best active state in d West
Re: Will Lagos Ever Have A Christian Governor? by saolab: 2:02pm On May 13, 2013
People like this guys have to be called to order, it look as if the guy is in depth of illiterate which need to educated. Yoruba people have gone far beyond religion politics they were practising in the his village. It's in Yoruba land you will see Muslims in Churches and Christians in Mosques because our level of reasoning is inconparable to any other region in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Apostle Suleman Arrives Enugu In A Convoy, Man & Woman Kneel Down To Welcome Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.