Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality (2674 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Photos: Hilarious Names Of Churches/ Ministries / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by onuleo(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2013
The case of homosexuality have brougth about conflicts in the christian world. Many churches have divided due to this matter. Here is a brief list of various christian denomination stand on homosexuality.

1.catholism: the holy mother church detest gay relationship in its total and prohibit the ordination of gay clergy saying it is against the concept of creation. But she also allow gay members who she seek to rehabilitate.
2. Anglican comunion: they is a huge controversy in the church concerning the issue, various province had treating to break away. But nevertheless the church alows gay people and have even ordained gay bishops and blessed gay mariages.
3. Presbytarian church: in a tigt vote(373 to 323) the church aproved gay relationship in its total. But not all province acepted(just a litle minority).
4. United church of christ: despite litle or no debate on the matter the church sees nothing wrong with gay people and has put it into the UCC Synod law.
5. Adventist: kicks against homosexuality and everything that comes with it.
6. Assemblies of God: also doesnot acept gay members.
7. Jehova withness: sees the act of homosexaulity as sinful.
8. Methodist: prohibits homosexuality.
9. Baptist: prohibits homosexuality
10. Lutherian church: in 2009 the church vote 559 to 451 in favor of allowing gay non celibate clergy people.
11. New apostolic church: the church has come out to say that ones sexual orientation cannot hinder him from making haven. So they dont care.
For more
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_christian_denominational_positions_on_homosexuality

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by sweettease(f): 11:01am On May 12, 2013
Ok....
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Qkeyxyz: 2:46pm On May 12, 2013
Churches who think they are christian. grin grin
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 2:52pm On May 12, 2013
I hate homosexuality, therefore I am a christian.

What a pity.
Jesus' messages of love, tolerance and inclusiveness is now a religion that only defines itself purely on the basis of what it fears and hates.
Talk about betrayal?.
It seems that Judas was not the only one that betrayed Jesus.
Tuuuufiakwa!
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Goshen360(m): 5:21pm On May 12, 2013
Efen if them no write bible sef and I come this world come see male and female, I would still have asked questions why some people will still be doing the same se.x thing while there exist two se.x of every kinds.

I can see okeyxyz already firing the word, preach it bro.
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by onuleo(m): 5:47pm On May 12, 2013
Goshen360: Efen if them no write bible sef and I come this world come see male and female, I would still have asked questions why some people will still be doing the same se.x thing while there exist two se.x of every kinds.

I can see okeyxyz already firing the word, preach it bro.
it tyrez me oh! Infact it motors me
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 6:04pm On May 12, 2013
This is absolute nonsense and i am surprised that brother(?)Goshen is somewhat supporting this crap.
Let me ask all you, especially mr "christian" Qkeyxyz,
What is a christian or christianity without the teachings of Jesus himself?s

If you, as you just did, repudiate love, tolerance, kindness, inclusiveness, the core teachings of Jesus, then you have just repudiated Jesus himself. Not so?
So, I am asking you guys, WTF is your christianity about?
Jesus and his humanistic teachings are the center of gravity upon which the religion founded on his name should rest.

I have said it before, And I will say it again, Any teaching or philosophy , that, as an adjunct or suppliment, contradicts in any way, the essential teachings of Jesus, are null and void.

So , its time that you start asking yourself whether you are a follower of Jesus or some other adjunct of the christian message.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Goshen360(m): 6:33pm On May 12, 2013
@ plaetton,

What exactly is your point? So because of love and tolerance we should support the act of homo or what? We don't have those who practice such as human beings but don't support their act, it's against our faith and God word. He that created them from the beginning created them male and female for a purpose.
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 7:10pm On May 12, 2013
Goshen360: @ plaetton,

What exactly is your point? So because of love and tolerance we should support the act of homo or what? We don't have those who practice such as human beings but don't support their act, it's against our faith and God word. He that created them from the beginning created them male and female for a purpose.

Goshen, I expect more from you.
Heterosexual fornication is as much a sin in the yes of god as homosexual fornication. Pls tell me that I am wrong.

Telling lies, Fraud, stealing, obtaining by false pretence, wickedness, selfishness, even going to church on sundays, instead of saturdays, the original sabbath day, is as much a sin as homosexual fornication.
Do you agree?

If homosexuality is a sin according to your god, what about the many other sins that you and I committ everyday?

Why single out one sin to hate and fear, what about the rest?
And by the way, did Jesus ostracize sinners or did he beckon them to come closer?

Based on the bible that I have read, the teachings of Jesus were about love, tolerance and acceptance, and not about ignorant fear and hate.
That is my point.

And this issue of god hating homosexuality. Why can't you see how really silly that is, considering that god is the who created everyone, including the homosexuals?
If homosexuality is a problem for god,is he not responsible for the error, and why hasn't he done something over the past 500,000 yrs to weed out the defective gene in the human gene pool?

I am shocked at the level of ignorance of christians, especially the less progressive African christians .

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 7:18pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

This is absolute nonsense and i am surprised that brother(?)Goshen is somewhat supporting this crap.

If you, as you just did, repudiate love, tolerance, kindness, inclusiveness, the core teachings of Jesus, then you have just repudiated Jesus himself. Not so?
Jesus and his humanistic teachings are the center of gravity upon which the religion founded on his name should rest.

I have said it before, And I will say it again, Any teaching or philosophy , that, as an adjunct or suppliment, contradicts in any way, the essential teachings of Jesus, are null and void.

So , its time that you start asking yourself whether you are a follower of Jesus or some other adjunct of the christian message.

Wait o pleatton I don't really knw where you're coming from.....

Are you in effect saying that Jesus would have supported gay marraige or appointed gay bishops??......

Abeg come out clear........
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 7:24pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

Goshen, I expect more from you.
Heterosexual fornication is as much a sin in the yes of god as homosexual fornication. Pls tell me that I am wrong.

Telling lies, Fraud, stealing, obtaining by false pretence, wickedness, selfishness, even going to church on sundays, instead of saturdays, the original sabbath day, is as much a sin as homosexual fornication.
Do you agree?

If homosexuality is a sin according to your god, what about the many other sins that you and I committ everyday?

Why single out one sin to hate and fear, what about the rest?
And by the way, did Jesus ostracize sinners or did he beckon them to come closer?

Based on the bible that I have read, the teachings of Jesus were about love, tolerance and acceptance, and not about ignorant fear and hate.
That is my point.

And this issue of god hating homosexuality. Why can't you see how really silly that is, considering that god is the who created everyone, including the homosexuals?
If homosexuality is a problem for god,is he not responsible for the error, and why hasn't he done something over the past 500,000 yrs to weed out the defective gene in the human gene pool?

I am shocked at the level of ignorance of christians, especially the less progressive African christians .

There is and was a limit to the bolded up there....Jesus' tolerance and acceptance is not limitless.........his tolerance only covers those who are contrite and willing to repent of there sins,not for those who are hard hearted and have chosen to be immersed in immoral acts....

And Yes fornicators,homosexuals,adulterers,thieves,murderers,extortioners,drunkards,revilers etc are unacceptable to God.......

No one is picking on Gay practice alone..........what is wrong is wrong......

I just don't know why the Love for gay acts/gay marraige is synonymous with atheism..........

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 7:29pm On May 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Wait o pleatton I don't really knw where you're coming from.....

Are you in effect saying that Jesus would have supported gay marraige or appointed gay bishops??......

Abeg come out clear........

You might as well ask me whether Jesus would have supported communism or capitalism, Democrats or republicans, One Biafra or One Nigeria.
Should you be second-guessing Jesus? Why don't you spread the message of "love your neighbor", irrespective of your neighbor' sexual orientation?

And who made you the judge of other people's character? Isn't god competent enough to judge everyone, including you,, in his own way, place and time?

Isn't it more profitable for a christian to concentrate on slaying their own inner demons and devils than in seeking out the specks in other people's eyes?

The fraudulent MOGs running riot in my society, and the paedophile catholic priests are doing a lot more damage to my society than consenting homosexual sinners could ever do.
Moral schizophrenia?

Stop the hippocrisy and get a life.
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 7:37pm On May 12, 2013
ijawkid:

There is and was a limit to the bolded up there....Jesus' tolerance and acceptance is not limitless.........his tolerance only covers those who are contrite and willing to repent of there sins,not for those who are hard hearted and have chosen to be immersed in immoral acts....

And Yes fornicators,homosexuals,adulterers,thieves,murderers,extortioners,drunkards,revilers etc are unacceptable to God.......

No one is picking on Gay practice alone..........what is wrong is wrong......

I just don't know why the Love for gay acts/gay marraige is synonymous with atheism..........

About 30,000 or more abortions are performed in Nigeria every year. Now multiply that by the number of christian countries in the world.
Now, are those abortions committed by homosexual fornicators of heterosexual fornicators?
Which of these groups would be in the hotter part of hell, the homo or the hetero fornicators?
Pls answer that question.

My point is that hating or bashing homosexuality on religious grounds is very very silly.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

You might as well ask me whether Jesus would have supported communism or capitalism, Democrats or republicans, One Biafra or One Nigeria.
Should you be second-guessing Jesus? Why don't you spread the message of "love your neighbor", irrespective of your neighbor' sexual orientation?

And who made you the judge of other people's character? Isn't god competent enough to judge everyone, including you,, in his own way, place and time?

Isn't it more profitable for a christian to concentrate on slaying their own inner demons and devils than in seeking out the specks in other people's eyes?

The fraudulent MOGs running riot in my society, and the paedophile catholic priests are doing a lot more damage to my society than consenting homosexual sinners could ever do.
Moral schizophrenia?

Stop the hippocrisy and get a life.

Hope you knw the bolded isn't Jesus' business.......he wouldn't have supported nor fought against any of the bolded.....

While we fight our inner demons we also make sure we don't form ties with demons at the same time.......no one hates anybody,what we hate is the act and that is what you don't seem to understand...

The pedophilic priests,thieving pastors,single persons leading immoral lives are also been castigated.........

Read 1 corinthians 6:9 and find out if I'm the one judging........

I can see that being an atheist automatically makes one a supporter of homosexual acts.........

Do you support gay acts or not??....
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 7:52pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

About 30,000 or more abortions are performed in Nigeria every year. Now multiply that by the number of christian countries in the world.
Now, are those abortions committed by homosexual fornicators of heterosexual fornicators?
Which of these groups would be in the hotter part of hell, the homo or the hetero fornicators?
Pls answer that question.

My point is that hating or bashing homosexuality on religious grounds is very very silly.

As christians we bash all wrong doings.....

You're the one that is been sentimental here and I just don't know why........

Why is it that when the practice of homosexuality is been dealt with atheists go gaga??......

Do you try to support thieving politicians and pastors when there issues are being raised up here??..........

You talked about abortions........is abortion condoned in the scriptures??........

My bro you're the one who isn't objective from the bibles view point........

Trying to say that Jesus' Love and tolerance would cover unrepentant homosexuals is a joke.......

Don't try to link Jesus' teachings with the madness we see around us........
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 8:01pm On May 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Hope you knw the bolded isn't Jesus' business.......he wouldn't have supported nor fought against any of the bolded.....

While we fight our inner demons we also make sure we don't form ties with demons at the same time.......no one hates anybody,what we hate is the act and that is what you don't seem to understand...

The pedophilic priests,thieving pastors,single persons leading immoral lives are also been castigated.........

I can see that being an atheist automatically makes one a supporter of homosexual acts.........

The question is silly.
Atheism has nothing to do with sexual acts. C'mon , you should be smart enough to understand that.
Human dignty without exceptions.

You guys are so obsessed with finding someone to hate and ostracize that you don't seem to ever get it.

When was the last time you were in an arena cheering heterosexual co.pulation?
What is mine and your f..ng business with what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

The world does not revolve around what I like or don't like,as long as humans share common bonds of decency ,equality, fairness and peaceful co-existence.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 8:18pm On May 12, 2013
ijawkid:

I have often mocked the beliefs of Jehovah's witness on this forum, but I have also defended their right to have their eroneous and sinful(lol) beliefs from the likes of Frosbel.
Does that mean that I support Jehovah's Witnesses?
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton: [/b]

The question is silly.
Atheism has nothing to do with sexual acts. C'mon , you should be smart enough to understand that.
Human dignty without exceptions.

[b]You guys are so obsessed with finding someone to hate and ostracize that you don't seem to ever get it.

[/b]When was the last time you were in an arena cheering heterosexual co.pulation?
What is mine and your f..ng business with what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

The world does not revolve around what I like or don't like,as long as humans share common bonds of decency ,quality, fairness and peaceful co-existence.

the bolded is wrong....nobody is finding anybody to hate....we hate the act.....the act ia wrong...wether the act is carried out covertly or in public does not make it right.......and YES in most cases atheism makes one automatically a supporter of gay acts because that is what atheism is about,,,...accept everything that God hates or detests...

I asked you a question which u considered silly...do you support and like the act of homosexuality.....??

do you....answer.....
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by ijawkid(m): 8:25pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

I have often mocked the beliefs of Jehovah's witness on this forum, but I have also defended their right to have their eroneous and sinful(lol) beliefs from the likes of Frosbel.
Does that mean that I support Jehovah's Witnesses?

and what beliefs are that if I may ask that contravenes Jesus" words or that of the scriptures??....

can you mention these beliefs please..... cheesy
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by vb0mb(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2013
Interesting debate
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Qkeyxyz: 8:47pm On May 12, 2013
plaetton:

#The sum of all flaws in your argument is in equating secular values with christian values, and this is why I INSIST that these churches; yes churches they may be but DEFINITELY not CHRISTIAN CHURCHES, have no clue whatsoever.

When you preach love and tolerance, you automatically assume this is the same definition as christian doctrine does. Na lie oo. There is love of the world and there is christian love and these two are not the same meaning(likewise other virtues like tolerance, peace, kindness, etc). As a christian, when we relate with non-christians then we have to apply secular values, which means non-religious/non-spiritual meanings in how we relate with them, and scripture makes distinctions between secular and christian values:

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; [size=13pt]not as the world gives[/size] do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.(John 14:27 )

[size=13pt]Do not love the world nor the things in the world[/size]. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.(1 John 2:15 )

And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him(Mark 12:17)

but when we deal with [size=13pt]fellow christians,[/size] then we must apply strict christian doctrines, for christianity is a CHOICE of strict discipline. So if you choose this spirituality, then you MUST subject yourself to it's rigors. Like paul puts it:

But [size=13pt]I wasn't talking about unbelievers[/size] who indulge in s.exual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that(1 Corinthians 5:10 )

Now, love according to secular(love of the world) definition is: tolerance of values and doctrines that are contrary to your values. It is a system of coexistence between people of diverse philosophies that do not agree with eachother. On the other hand christian love means: [size=13pt]To choose[/size] or [size=13pt]to prefer[/size]. Which means you must choose between opposing values, you cannot have them both, and this is [size=13pt]strictly for christians[/size]. So to choose to apply or follow the christian doctrine strictly, or to mandate your fellow christian to follow the christian doctrine. This is christian love. You see why these churches are not christian??

If the state wants to approve homosexual marriages and they can amend the laws to do so, then good for them. The state is secular and meant to accomodate people of different leanings. But they must not call it a CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE nor mandate christain bodies to endorse and celebrate these marriages. So I say it again; any church who celebrates homosexual marriages within itself is not a christian church, It is either an arm of the government or it is a satanist church. period.

So bros, You are just a "new age religion" trying to hijack christianity, like these so called churches. Already you are describing christ as a humanist, etc grin grin
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by onuleo(m): 8:48pm On May 12, 2013
vb0mb: Interesting debate
i neva xpectd it to cm 4rm dis angle
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 9:03pm On May 12, 2013
Am on the road now. Will reply you guys later.
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Katier00(f): 10:22pm On May 12, 2013
i see nothing wrong wit it
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 1:44am On May 13, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

#The sum of all flaws in your argument is in equating secular values with christian values, and this is why I INSIST that these churches; yes churches they may be but DEFINITELY not CHRISTIAN CHURCHES, have no clue whatsoever.

When you preach love and tolerance, you automatically assume this is the same definition as christian doctrine does. Na lie oo. There is love of the world and there is christian love and these two are not the same meaning(likewise other virtues like tolerance, peace, kindness, etc). As a christian, when we relate with non-christians then we have to apply secular values, which means non-religious/non-spiritual meanings in how we relate with them, and scripture makes distinctions between secular and christian values:

Another broken record.
This is probably the biggest load of crap I have come across recently on this forum.
This is why I hardly mock Islam. A typical moslem knows and understands his religion.

You and your kind, on the other hand, display a level of ignorance about your religion that is simply astonishing, to say the least.
I have asked you before, upon whom and what philosophy does christianity rests on? Jesus or some other?
Surely, Jesus spent most of his life preaching love, tolerance, kindness,inclusiveness, etc, what you , today, call secular values. Not so?

What on earth is christian love without all of the above? shocked
How can you bold-facedly repudiate the very core teachings of Jesus in public, and still call yourself a christian?

Qkeyxyz:

And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him(Mark 12:17)

In the context of the issues on this topic, what is the relevance of this quote?

Qkeyxyz:

but when we deal with [size=13pt]fellow christians,[/size] then we must apply strict christian doctrines, for christianity is a CHOICE of strict discipline. So if you choose this spirituality, then you MUST subject yourself to it's rigors. Like paul puts it:

And what exactly are these strict christian doctrines you boast about?
Let me guess: Spread enough intolerance and hate in this life in exchange for eternal bliss in Sugar Candy Mountain, sorry, I mean heaven, right?
Or is it sexually molesting young faithfuls, blackmailing and financially sapping the faithful in the name of Jesus?

Qkeyxyz:

Now, love according to secular(love of the world) definition is: tolerance of values and doctrines that are contrary to your values. It is a system of coexistence between people of diverse philosophies that do not agree with eachother.

What gibberish is this
What are you drinking?

Qkeyxyz:

On the other hand christian love means: [size=13pt]To choose[/size] or [size=13pt]to prefer[/size]. Which means you must choose between opposing values, you cannot have them both, and this is [size=13pt]strictly for christians[/size]. So to choose to apply or follow the christian doctrine strictly, or to mandate your fellow christian to follow the christian doctrine. This is christian love. You see why these churches are not christian??

Another gibberish.
Who , and when were these so-called christian definition of love articulated?
Was it by Jesus, Paul, Constantine, The early church fathers, the Popes or the latter day pentecostal fraudsters?

When did all this spiritual mumbo jumbo creep into christianity?
And who are the custodians and interpreters of these spiritual mumbo jumbo?

And what is more important to you and your fellow christians?
The simple humanistic life and teachings of Jesus, or the spiritual mumbo jumbos that followed after his demise?

You have forgotten that Jesus did not sorrounded himself with like-minded drones, but reached out unconditionally to people considered sinful and unworthy.
I guess you have not read that part of the bible, huh?

You are also ignorant of the facts that the early christians went out of their way to recruit criminals, convicts, prostitutes and all manners of social outcasts, in order to highlight the inclusiveness of their new humanistic philosophy that emphasized love for all.

Infact, for this very act of openness to the rejects of society, the christians were accused of all manners of sins like homosexuality, beastiality, and all manners of perversions, in order to garner public outrage , condemnations, and then pave the way for their eventual persecutions.
The rest is history.

You are one very ignorant and confused christian.

You should be thoroughly ashamed that you need an atheist to educate you about the core essence of your religion.

If Jesus were to sneak back into the world today, he would definitely be a secular humanists, democrat, human rights activist, and a staunch environmentalist: ironically, the very kind of people you and your type fear and despise so much.
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:11am On May 13, 2013
ijawkid:
the bolded is wrong....nobody is finding anybody to hate....we hate the act.....the act ia wrong...
Please stop feeding us this bullshit. You hate both homosexuality and homosexuals. You can't understand it, so you fear it. You want them to be killed for daring to violate your God's principle. That's what Christianity is about. All homosexuals must be wiped out because the act is contrary to God's plan.

ijawkid:
wether the act is carried out covertly or in public does not make it right......
And how does it affect you? By what authority do you claim it's right or wrong? Is everyone a believer in your stupid dog? Must everyone worship your dog?
It's a sin.. tell that to your family members and fellow church members.. let others live..

ijawkid:
.and YES in most cases atheism makes one automatically a supporter of gay acts because that is what atheism is about,,,...accept everything that God hates or detests...
Shows how much homosexuality irks you.. your foolishness advances a million miles to territories yet unknown.. How does atheism make one a supporter of gay acts? Please link atheism and homosexuality...

Atheism isn't about accepting God hates or detests... WHICH GOD?

ijawkid:
I asked you a question which u considered silly...do you support and like the act of homosexuality.....??

do you....answer.....
I think living too close to a pipeline is beginning to affect your brains...
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 2:18am On May 13, 2013
ijawkid:

the bolded is wrong....nobody is finding anybody to hate....we hate the act.....the act ia wrong...wether the act is carried out covertly or in public does not make it right.......and YES in most cases atheism makes one automatically a supporter of gay acts because that is what atheism is about,,,...accept everything that God hates or detests...

do you....answer.....

You still don't get it, do you?.
You are very very silly.
Asking me if I like the act of homosexuality shows how shallow you are, and that You are basically still looking for an excuse to hate someone.
There are a lot of willful acts that fellow humans do that I am disgusted with, would neither do , nor would I fraternise with those that do. That is what makes me human.

But hating something , or someone, or a an entire group of people, and denying them basic human rights and dignity on the very silly excuse that god hates it or them,is sooooooooooooo silly and moronic.

Should I give you a long list of things that god hates?

In this case, god becomes a convenient excuse to vent your fears and hatred to simple things or people that you feel threaten your own culturally biased sensibilities. It is the way of the ignorant coward.

Unlike thievery or other commons sins, homosexuality is a biological hormone issue.
People are biologically disposed to homosexuality.
No one, at any point in their life, decides to be homosexual.

Issues of biology should, logically ,be blamed on the designer and creator.
Not so?
Huh?
Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by Qkeyxyz: 4:20am On May 13, 2013
plaetton:

Another broken record.
This is probably the biggest load of crap I have come across recently on this forum.
This is why I hardly mock Islam. A typical moslem knows and understands his religion.

You and your kind, on the other hand, display a level of ignorance about your religion that is simply astonishing, to say the least.
I have asked you before, upon whom and what philosophy does christianity rests on? Jesus or some other?
Surely, Jesus spent most of his life preaching love, tolerance, kindness,inclusiveness, etc, what you , today, call secular values. Not so?

What on earth is christian love without all of the above? shocked
How can you bold-facedly repudiate the very core teachings of Jesus in public, and still call yourself a christian?

In the context of the issues on this topic, what is the relevance of this quote?

And what exactly are these strict christian doctrines you boast about?
Let me guess: Spread enough intolerance and hate in this life in exchange for eternal bliss in Sugar Candy Mountain, sorry, I mean heaven, right?
Or is it sexually molesting young faithfuls, blackmailing and financially sapping the faithful in the name of Jesus?

What gibberish is this
What are you drinking?

Another gibberish.
Who , and when were these so-called christian definition of love articulated?
Was it by Jesus, Paul, Constantine, The early church fathers, the Popes or the latter day pentecostal fraudsters?

When did all this spiritual mumbo jumbo creep into christianity?
And who are the custodians and interpreters of these spiritual mumbo jumbo?

And what is more important to you and your fellow christians?
The simple humanistic life and teachings of Jesus, or the spiritual mumbo jumbos that followed after his demise?

You have forgotten that Jesus did not sorrounded himself with like-minded drones, but reached out unconditionally to people considered sinful and unworthy.
I guess you have not read that part of the bible, huh?

You are also ignorant of the facts that the early christians went out of their way to recruit criminals, convicts, prostitutes and all manners of social outcasts, in order to highlight the inclusiveness of their new humanistic philosophy that emphasized love for all.

Infact, for this very act of openness to the rejects of society, the christians were accused of all manners of sins like homosexuality, beastiality, and all manners of perversions, in order to garner public outrage , condemnations, and then pave the way for their eventual persecutions.
The rest is history.

You are one very ignorant and confused christian.

You should be thoroughly ashamed that you need an atheist to educate you about the core essence of your religion.

If Jesus were to sneak back into the world today, he would definitely be a secular humanists, democrat, human rights activist, and a staunch environmentalist: ironically, the very kind of people you and your type fear and despise so much.

^^^

Oh boy!! grin grin grin Wonders shall never end oo.
You! an avowed atheist, who argues that the person of jesus never existed as a historical character, but as a figment of our fairy tale imaginations, yet here you are staking all your logical and moral energies to convince me that you have a better personal knowledge and relationship with this same jesus and taking upon yourself to educate and preach to me to realign myself with this jesus?? Is something not wrong here?? shouldn't it be other christians preaching this christ to me??

Mehn!!, this sure looks like multiple personality disorder oo. grin grin grin

And I thought @logicboy was crazy...,

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches And Their Stand On Homosexuality by plaetton: 5:12am On May 13, 2013
Qkeyxyz:

^^^

Oh boy!! grin grin grin Wonders shall never end oo.
You! an avowed atheist, who argues that the person of jesus never existed as a historical character, but as a figment of our fairy tale imaginations, yet here you are staking all your logical and moral energies to convince me that you have a better personal knowledge and relationship with this same jesus and taking upon yourself to educate and preach to me to realign myself with this jesus?? Is something not wrong here?? shouldn't it be other christians preaching this christ to me??

Mehn!!, this sure looks like multiple personality disorder oo. grin grin grin

And I thought @logicboy was crazy...,

I never claimed any personal relationship with your Jesus. Ok?
I refer to the gospel records of Jesus life and the teachings attributed to him, which are the bedrock of the christian faith.

These are things that I learnt in sunday school. They are so simple, they need no other embellishments or BS.

Remember, Your apostle Paul never knew, never saw, and never ever quoted Jesus in his writings.

Are you a follower of Jesus or Pauline doctrines?

(1) (2)

Daddyfreeze Slams The Church's Inability To Resurrect Singer Osinachi / Who Told Jws That Jesus Is The Arch Angel Michael? / "CHRISTIANITY NOT FOR NIGERIANS", SAID JESUS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.