Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking (12479 Views)

Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? / I Want To Improve My Cooking / My Cooking Is Inconsistent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ poster,

maybe the type of maggi u are using may contribute to this, are u the 'white maggi' user type? if u are, then that might be the problem, some people are not use to eating food that contains white maggi, like V***N, A******TO, u should understand what am saying.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by chioya(f): 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2008
sorry
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Sholeyb: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2008
My advice is to speak to him about it. Ask for his reasons and choose your words carefully, do not be aggressive or confrontational. Say things like "I'd like to practice my newly acquired cooking skills on you but they seem to be going to waste" and jokingly add that you would taste the food before he does.

If you end up marrying this chap, u would ave to cook for him so this is something that needs to be resolved. On the other hand, if it is not so important for you to cook for your man, let sleeping dogs lie, but make sure u get to know him well as someone commented about some people in cults, do not eat food cooked by women. I am not asserting anything just picking up from an earlier comment.

I don't know how long u've known each other, if recently please give it some time.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Didicee: 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
Well, i would say there are different dimensions to this. It could be one of what everybody else has said.But since you say he doesn't also eat outside, then just maybe you are not a good enough cook for the guy. U know, guys like that are so used to doing their own thing that nothing or no-one is good enough for them. I once had a friend who was so good a cook that he was known among our friendly circles. I tried to impress him with my cooking(which i think and i've been told is very good) until another friend of ours told me that after the guy ate my food, all he could say, (of course behind my back ) was "she try, but she no reach me".
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by spoilt(f): 12:25am On Apr 22, 2008
When you go to see him, dont eat his food. Tell him it wont be as nice as you like it to be.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by TCUBE(m): 2:20am On Apr 22, 2008
harsh but true, your food sucks!
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by ima1(f): 6:14am On Apr 22, 2008
he might be scared. cuz you know how women wash toto put for them guy food. just to hook them
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Scopium: 7:37am On Apr 22, 2008
ima1:

he might be scared. because you know how women wash toto put for them guy food. just to hook them

[size=13pt]WTF! shocked shocked angry angry[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by outlaws(m): 7:56am On Apr 22, 2008
cool

Hey poster:Who wants to get hurt these days? Not every one can afford it
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2008
If you are so much interested in this cooking thing, why not get a job at pizza hut or Kenny roasters?
If he doesn't eat your food then do not cook for him. Some of us come here to this forum to relax and not to turn ourselves to idiots. We ain't all teenagers here.
Next time boil water for am.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by babyx(f): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2008
nairaland chicks, ur guy dont eat ur food or avoids ur cookin? well that goes to show u cant cook, lets not pretend we are Africans for crying out loud, our culture says a woman should know how to cook, decent meals, u dont hv to be a chef,
9ja women who live american lives with their 9ja men will experience a downside in their relationships especially if that black man finds he can get that elsewhere,
so learn how to cook, not just for a man but for urself, it will boost ur confidence as a complete woman, a complete black woman,
smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by RealMan3(m): 9:28am On Apr 22, 2008
The thing is very clear.

THE GUY IS SCARED THAT YOU WILL PUT A LOVE PORTION IN THE FOOD. kiss kiss kiss

There is no two way about that.

It is a pity of him to think something like that. cry cry cry
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Rhea(f): 9:40am On Apr 22, 2008
It's either he doesn't like your cooking and doesn't have the guts to tell you;
Or he's scared you'll add some cognomi (I hope I got the spelling right) inside his food.

Tell him to his face that this is what you think, and watch him wriggle out with some other excuse
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Scopium: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2008
Real Man:

The thing is very clear.

THE GUY IS SCARED THAT YOU WILL PUT A LOVE PORTION IN THE FOOD. kiss kiss kiss

There is no two way about that.

It is a pity of him to think something like that. cry cry cry

[size=13pt]He's just being cautious undecided undecided[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by iz2much: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2008
Bad Food!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by amaechijay: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2008
l have a friend it happened to and recently the guy gave her the boots after she tried to sit him down and have them figure out what the matter was. It might be a sign that he isn't going ahead but didn't know how to go about it.

Maybe the guy has his reservations about the whole thing and will soon bolt out, so be on your guard and fence your heart to receive the "bomb"

A word is enough for the wise , .
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by ritapearl(f): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
How long have you two dated? I think he is not close to you and he is not ready to have any serious relationship with you.

Why bother yourself?
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by spicyv1(f): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
[i] I Never cook for my Boyfriend whenever he comes to my place
cause I know he comes to have Sex with me and nothing else, full stop.[/i]

So wats ur point exactly, u want nairalanders to know that ur nothing but a tool used in satisfying someones sexual desires? i don't get it. Please go get a life n try to make meaningful contributions next time.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by spicyv1(f): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2008
There are certain occult male groups that do not eat food cooked by women; because it either violates their oath or deceases their powers.
Spiritual things are deep my friend.
I wouldn't know whether your boyfriend belongs to one but if he does, he will probably never eat your food no matter how good a cook you are.
Shine your eye girl! Shocked Shocked Shocked

And don't ever confront him on this.[color=#000099][/color][/i]

NA wa!nairaland! wat wont i hear?
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by eudio(f): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2008
if he doesnt trust u enough to cook his meal, no wahala. tell am to
always branch munchies, tasty fried etc whenever he is visiting u.
that makes ur life easy. shikina
why bother ur self?
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by eudio(f): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2008
wait oh, na by force to cook for am sef? abi na food u come cook for man for lagos?
abeg blank scope
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Abbeycity4(f): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
nobilia:

If you are so much interested in this cooking thing, why not get a job at pizza hut or Kenny roasters?
If he doesn't eat your food then do not cook for him. Some of us come here to this forum to relax and not to turn ourselves to idiots. We ain't all teenagers here.
Next time boil water for am.

grin grin grin lol na d same thing na, no bi woman still boil d water? u're funny

@poster
Stp bordring urself, u shld b happy nw it seems he does'nt want to give u prob or (strees) u. that's y he love doing d cooking by himself, if i where u, i'll really love it in that way (no wahala) grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Abbeycity4(f): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2008
eudio:

wait oh, na by force to cook for am sef? abi na food u come cook for man for lagos?
abeg blank scope

grin grin grin reality
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2008
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by donchigo1: 5:32pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hello.

Sister is a pity, that the guy man whom you called your boyfriend is not eating your food. well take heart . the young want to devoid himself of food poison, But come to think of it . the first date you had what do you prepare for him. who knows, just check your cooking,
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Akpeno: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2008
I Never cook for my Boyfriend whenever he comes to my place
cause I know he comes to have Sex with me and nothing else, full stop.

Ah! That's not a boyfriend that's a walking talking Love Machine! tongue cheesy grin
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Echidime(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2008
he does not TRUST you, he think you will put JASS into his food so as to force him marry you and later control his life for him, is simple.

I want mine to cook for me but she refuse saying she has no time. What a funny WORLD?
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by TheSly: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
How long have u been together here and there. . . . . . .Address the damn issue and you lot are asking the same ??

---------->Poster
The dude is just being cautious. . . . .
He thought that he would end up washing undies later on. . . . . .Blame it on too much Nollywood movies cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by kjott(f): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
amaechijay:

l have a friend it happened to and recently the guy gave her the boots after she tried to sit him down and have them figure out what the matter was. It might be a sign that he isn't going ahead but didn't know how to go about it.

Maybe the guy has his reservations about the whole thing and will soon bolt out, so be on your guard and fence your heart to receive the "bomb"

A word is enough for the wise , .

True talk!at last someone is saying something different.The guy probably dosent want you to owe him to anythin wen

hes leavin.like some ladies will Say ''afta all i did for u''.For where?d guy wake up no be small.
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by bawomolo(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2008
he might be scared. because you know how women wash toto put for them guy food. just to hook them

wow wow
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by TCUBE(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
I sometimes wonder why people bring their problems here hoping to get sane answers, most people in here just post stupid and senseless stuff, U better talk to a friend or sister cos these people aint got nothing good to offer,
Re: My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking by Busta(f): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
TCUBE:

I sometimes wonder why people bring their problems here hoping to get sane answers, most people in here just post stupid and senseless stuff, You better talk to a friend or sister because these people aint got nothing good to offer,

My sentiments exactly.
some pple got no brains and think with their a**es

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are You Having For Lunch / The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" / Mention Your Cooking Disasters Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.