Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Need Help On Office Romance Problem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Help On Office Romance Problem (2945 Views)

See Mary & John Having Office Romance And Poor Jessica Is Doing The Whole Job! / Employees having office romance at work. Details and photos... / How Do you End An Office Romance Between Two Married People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2006
Hello Folks, this One is real and I Know I can count on a lot of NairaLanders to help with sound advise and counsel…
.Here the Issue,…I have this fine looking and well spoken colleague of my she sits right across me in the office, I got posted to this office about 6 months ago, and for the first 3 months, I did everything I could to stay neutral with her, You know!. The Hi, hello and Good morning tip, but she seemed to be a bit too interested in me…it started by we exchanging emails back and fort and then calls after working hours talking and laughing about some of the events of the day in the office, and Now is becoming hard not to talk to her in a day during and after work, or to even stay in the office if she is not there. I tried avoiding this, I really tried, and am still trying still, I even had to tell myself that she cant be interested in me, but it isn’t working……So far on the outside ,I have tried to keep all my emotions or is it HE-motions out of her sight, but inside she’s what I think of more and more each day.
So guys and Girls Please Help me out here, Is she for real with all the interest she is showing in me, or is she just being nice, cus naturally she is very jovial and loves to play lots of practical joke on people in the office. Close friends I have told about her, say things like O boy be careful oh( don’t shit where you eat) bla,bla,bla….,while others tell me to Just be a man about it and shine my eyes oh……, But .is Office romance That bad!!
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by fresheva(f): 2:04pm On May 15, 2006
oh boy, no spoil where u dey chop oh ha, i was working in a company like that when my manager had a crush on me i fell in and the game started, but my brother in the end i got the sack oh, poor girl like me, den go sack both of u, if no be say the manager dey top small, na both of us den for sack, dey carefull oh bros, abeg

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2006
fresheva:

oh boy, no spoil where u dey chop oh ha, i was working in a company like that when my manager had a crush on me i fell in and the game started, but my brother in the end i got the sack oh, poor girl like me, den go sack both of u, if no be say the manager dey top small, na both of us den for sack, dey carefull oh bros, abeg

Thanks a lot Sister, coming from a lady, i think i will take your advise seriously and tread with extreme caution,because even some of my superiors, in the office,even though married are still intrested in this very chick

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by fresheva(f): 2:25pm On May 15, 2006
the better for you my brother, if u outside nigeria no one gives a damn but for niger here, and making matters worse superiors sef dey interested, hun pls oh, e no dey easy to get another jod , the place where i dey now salary no reach where i comot oh. even in my own superior dey involved, they sacked me, deducted from my salary, and before my sack sef i go suspension first(marathon punishment), hmmmmm lets just be carefull ok good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2006
But freshEva, what’s really wrong with office romance that you had to go tru all that punishment and then lose your Job in the end…was it that you and the manager broke up and he lashed out against you for the break up. or its just against company policy for you Guys to be dating…cuz,I don’t get it…Please. Maybe your explanation might help clear things and help me know what I need to-do fast!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by kabby(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2006
Bros, cool don't rush to that babe, sooner or later you'll find out what she really need.

Are you married or not, if not, you can give her a trial but take care so that you don't fall yakata. just cool and shine your eyes very well. I wish you best of luck.

She might be miss right or left which ever she be just cool and handle this show with extra care you know all this babe they can do and undo to cacth. cool and cool. cool cool cool
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2006
Bros, Kabby thanks for sharing yur tuths, i am single oh, and so is she, infact,we two are the only single people in the office, this chick and my self, anyhow, i think its to watch, and play as you rightly said
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by edatika(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2006
I also think u need to be careful,
dat you pple like urselves doesn't mean u can marry
if u start what u can't finish!!!

it might be disastrous, it's better you remain as friends
na man dey lose for this kind game at the end o

and she might not need anything beyond close friends.

BE CAREFUL O
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2006
@Edatika thanks oh…, U said it all cus, in as much as am attracted to this Girl, cuz of her nice ,and sassy nature, there no way yet I can truly tell that she will be willing or ready for a relationship with me,and losing her friendship. by trying to cut a relationship with her will be a total disaster. .and ya, in things like this Guys end up losing…
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by eveseh(f): 3:30pm On May 15, 2006
wish u the wills
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2006
eveseh:

wish u the wills

the wills to do what? @eveseh
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by anon101(f): 3:49pm On May 15, 2006
what do you want to hold ounto , the girl or your job ,

Choose one
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by Anabib(f): 3:54pm On May 15, 2006
You could go for her if u really think you have feelings for her, afterall, its beter to explore a relationship that could make you happier and is enjoyable.

However, just be on the look out for another job.
In case anything goes wrong (either it gets to the alter grin or it crashes shocked)

There's nothing wrong with an office romance, just dont allow it to get messy. Its usually for matured minded people.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2006
Talking of maturity am no kid,and neither is she …As for my Job,. am already on the look out for another one seriously, but not because of this “thing” with my colleague or my superiors hating on me for likening her. My search for another job is out more of my need for a career change and desire to move up…, But I think leaving my present company will give the momentum needed to see what’s really up with this chick…Other wise I just Keep my Tripping to myself…, even as I write this she sits just across my desk looking and smiling @ me…its not going to be easy to get rid of her thuts , With the fact that I have to see her 5 days a week for 8 hrs….Boy!!!
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by fresheva(f): 4:40pm On May 15, 2006
well in my own case a superior was involved, so she wanted to teach me 1. i could not just come here a junior staff for that matter and start going out with the guy den dey trip for
2. she wanted me to suffer before leaving and show me the guy couldnt save mr from that cos she is higher than the guy
3. she wanted me to regret it, and recognise the superior in office
4. she wanted me stranded b4 i leave so i would be really down
you get to know more reasons when u get down with the girl your superioirs dey trip for, and u start getting reactions men, choose one , the job or the girl

e no easy oh
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by Anabib(f): 5:15pm On May 15, 2006
ITS NEVER EASY ESPECIALLY IN THIS SCENARIO.

HOWEVER YOU MUST REALISE THAT THERE'S LOTS OF[b] "POLITICS''[/b] IN THE OFFFICE
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 8:16am On May 16, 2006
I went Home yesterday thinking, and i decided that i will trun the Game around,is she really intrested in me,or shes just trying to mess with my mind like a lot of woman do, Now am turning the game on her starting last nite i sent her loads of test, asking telling her someone i know is intrested in her, and since i know a bit about her i realled out lots of quality she will like and told her that this guy has all of that,like he is a six footer,kinda shy,and comes with an intoxicating friendly persona, @ first she was like, what?,and i got to the office this morning just to find out that curiosity has gotten the best part of her cuz now she wants to know who this person am talking about really is, So from Now on its Let the game begin, i did a little research using the women magazine COSMO(sorry ladies i just had to use some expo on this one) Way to really Know if She is Intrested ,, and thats the first one am trying out all ready, it says 1. Arouse her curiosity
2 (Test to see if she is envious of you when you talk of other woman)
The list goes on, but am trying this two two for starts, take this ride with me i will keep ya, alll Updated,
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by kabby(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2006
@Will, I will wait at this junction now and be looking, but wish you best of LUCK, ride on and best outing
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2006
kabby:

@Will, I will wait at this junction now and be looking, but wish you best of LUCK, ride on and best outing

Thanks My Guy, I will ride, smart on this one,
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by beyunce(f): 9:09am On May 16, 2006
Let me just ask u a question first.
Are u both married?
If u guys are nt, then i dont think there is anything wrong with u aving a good affair with her,
I mean an affair that will lead u guys somewhere.
But the other mess that would be there is if she is ur boss or u are hers.
that will be Bad you know.
Hey, but i will still advice you to do Wat u know is right.
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by O4real(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2006
cheesy grin If He or She is the BOSS? That would make things easy. Free flow of traffic of either of you. No stopping it 4 a quickie on the office couch! Yours and her sick "leaves" shall = THE WHOLE YEAR!? So why lose such an opportunity like this, Boiling All Nite Long. JUST DO IT - NIKE! cool wink
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 11:35am On May 16, 2006
beyunce:

Let me just ask u a question first.
Are u both married?
If u guys are nt, then i don't think there is anything wrong with u aving a good affair with her,
I mean an affair that will lead u guys somewhere.
But the other mess that would be there is if she is your boss or u are hers.
that will be Bad you know.
Hey, but i will still advice you to do What u know is right.

We are both single, we are both colleagues…she is not my Boss and am not hers,…but she earns a little bit than I do and was working in the company some months before I joined
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by O4real(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2006
Just take her to the Gents and give her THE CANE STROKES 4 earning a lil bit than you!
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by beyunce(f): 11:56am On May 16, 2006
O4real.
Bad boy.
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by beyunce(f): 11:56am On May 16, 2006
O4real.
Bad Man.
Na wa Oh so na wetin u for do be that.
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by PLAYBOY3(m): 12:20pm On May 16, 2006
Since U said the gal is a jovial person and single i will advice U 2 go 4 her.U may take out if she doesn't mind. maybe 4 a lunch or smthing and dis will give U an oppurtunity to tell her how u feel about her and if she trully feel D same way u know thatz the begining of the romance. But i will advice U not 2 try anything funny with her in the office after she might have accept.

Goodluck
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2006
O4real:

cheesy grin If He or She is the BOSS? That would make things easy. Free flow of traffic of either of you. No stopping it 4 a quickie on the office couch! Yours and her sick "leaves" shall = THE WHOLE YEAR!? So why lose such an opportunity like this, Boiling All Nite Long. JUST DO IT - NIKE! cool wink

O4real , the last thing on my mind right now is haveing sex with this lady, for one am not into premarital sex,@ least not anymore,cuz if i do i know i will eventually run away from her, and that will trun out nasty, if am still working with her in the same office, so i take that yur advise of a quickie as a BAD!!!one,

Thanks @PLAY BOY, seems you more of a Gentle Dude than a Player lol
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by whitelexi(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2006
The best way to kill an addiction is,  to get another one grin

Play a computer game on your pc or something while in office, switch your mobile off and don't open sms's from her, avoid eye contact and keep everything as official and formal as possible. Kill the love,  Become really strong-faced, and be very diplomatic with her,  always read meaning into every statement and use her words against her as much as posible,  Assume the Defensive-Attacking position as seen in the Arsenal Team.
As a man who doesnt believe in pre-marital sex, these tips should help because the way u go on about this, u are very likely to end in bed with that woman grin
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 2:50pm On May 16, 2006
The best way to kill an addiction is,  to get another one grin

now thats one way out of this, cus i will  do everthing not to end up in bedwith this lady, shes a great  person, sleeping with her i know will eventually change all of that,
whitelexi  THANKS
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by whitelexi(m): 7:56pm On May 16, 2006
Anytime Pal, I'm glad u think those are useful!

I do what i can, I do what i can grin
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by O4real(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2006
@Wills
wills:

The best way to kill an addiction is, to get another one grin
now thats one way out of this, cus i will do everthing not to end up in bedwith this lady, shes a great person, sleeping with her i know will eventually change all of that,
whitelexi THANKS
If there is a Will there is a way. Most of your comments lies around not sleeping with her. This shows that there is a conception already about this one. So dont give me the pre-marital story. U've been there b4, you'll always go there again and again and again. No matter how many chores you devised 4 yourself during the course of the day, your mind is tuned on this gorgeous beaut already.
So brother go 4 gold and cement the relationship. I was told by a friend how he was caught up in your type of "situation" and 2day, he had just finished his NYSC successfully, completing this as a BOSS BOILER! U need to hear how she mourns 4 more and pays 4 trips 2 PH! shocked grin
Re: Need Help On Office Romance Problem by wills(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2006
o4REAL, yOU PLAYING THE DEVILS ADVOCATE HERE!!!

IF SO INTRESTED , I CAN HOOK YOU uP, wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Are Hard To Please(how Through Is This) / Do You Know Any Skank? For The Sake Of The Brothers Please Put Down Her Name Her / I Feel She Pretends A Lot; What Should I Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.