Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night (24214 Views)

(PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / Photo: The Abobaku, Man To Be Buried Alive With The Late Ooni / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by FunnyPikincom(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2013
Bola Ige = Burried at night
Chinua Achebe = Burried at Night

Are they in anyway related to Darkeness?
undecided
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:06am On May 15, 2013
ochukoccna: WTF!
Buried at night undecided
Well he certainly lived out his final years in the darkness cool
The darkness of ethnic bigotry and tribal supremacy
Good riddance cool

He was a great man, who shaped the literary world as it is in Nigeria today. His books are reverred not only by Nigerians, but by other races - Caucaseans, Orientals, Asians, Europeans.

Whatever Chinua Achebe was whilst alive, let it drop now he's dead.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by nancyekpoh(f): 11:07am On May 15, 2013
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:09am On May 15, 2013
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Mr Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.

May his soul RIP.
are you serious? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by luckylarry: 11:11am On May 15, 2013
Indeed he is going to the grave empty having achieved lots in his lifetime. Go in peace and may your gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2013
its sad that todays Igbos dont take his words and message seriously or implant it into their lives. they just categorize him as another author who came, spoke and went. todays Igbos still shamelessly visit the church, the very place that loots them of their hard-warned money, destroyed their culture and caused many of their brothers and sisters to depart to a New Land as slaves amidst torture and rape, and never return. MAy Lord Amadioha guide these unfortunate souls. . cry
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:12am On May 15, 2013
nony30: Prof. Achebe,not Mr.Achebe!That title"Prof."Was •̸№t received by posting on NL gringringrin If only Į̸̸̨ƭ was an english speaking competition.

If only it were an English speaking competition, I would only be guilty of not reading the opening post through, not incorrect English. wink

Still, let's not derail this thread. This thread is for tribute to be paid to a great man, Professor Chinua Achebe.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kyriano94(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2013
Rip ProF achebe..
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:13am On May 15, 2013
ItsModella:
are you serious? shocked shocked

Am I serious about what, Ms. Modella?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:14am On May 15, 2013
ochukoccna: WTF!
Buried at night undecided
Well he certainly lived out his final years in the darkness cool
The darkness of ethnic bigotry and tribal supremacy
Good riddance cool
Shut up and stop being daft. Didn't you see where it was stated that burying him at night is in line with the tradition of his village and especially as he was a titled man? For once, just hide your ignorance and respect the dead.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by silverluci(f): 11:14am On May 15, 2013
He said the late Achebe would be buried
in the night in line with the culture of the
people of Ogidi community, saying, “as a
titled man, he will be buried towards
evening in line with our culture and
tradition. His body shall lie in state in the
yam ban (Oba) where the daughters of
the clan (Umuokpu) shall pay him their
last respects before he would be buried
in the night.”

Where the daughters of the clan will pay their last RESPECTS!!At NIGHT!!! Are you thinking what am thinking
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kagel: 11:14am On May 15, 2013
Lilimax:
Is he a farmer for him to be lied in state in the yam ban (Oba)?.
Omenana ndi dikwara ndi smiley
RIP Ikenga Ogidi.
AHANJOKU CULTIEST shocked
THAT IS HOW THEY ARE BEEN BAURIED THEIR HEAD DOES NOT TOUCH THE SAND
VERY DIABONIC CULTURE AND RETUAL INITIATED BY PARENTS IN IGBO LAND, CHAYI cry SO THIS MAN
DID NOT REPENT cry cry cry God have mercy
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kalufelix(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2013
if they like make dem bury am 4 dawn sef. Person soul don reach where e dey go since.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2013
kagel:
AHANJOKU CULTIEST shocked
THAT IS HOW THEY ARE BEEN BAURIED THEIR HEAD DOES NOT TOUCH THE SAND
VERY DIABONIC CULTURE AND RETUAL INITIATED BY PARENTS IN IGBO LAND, CHAYI cry SO THIS MAN
DID NOT REPENT cry cry cry God have mercy

GO DIE! I hope your likes who lead our nation into backward mentality succumb to disease. angry

Prof. Chinua Achebe is a member of ODINANI IGBO RELIGION. not some foreign jewish cult called christianity that centres around man-worship. angry
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kalufelix(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2013
silverluci: He said the late Achebe would be buried
in the night.”

Where the daughters of the clan will pay their last RESPECTS! :oHe said the late Achebe would be buried
in the night.”

Where the daughters of the clan will pay their last RESPECTS!!At NIGHT!!! Are you thinking what am thinking
sorry ah dont think fo.olishl.y
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:19am On May 15, 2013
Siena:

Am I serious about what, Ms. Modella?
that you didn't know Prof Achebe was dead until now?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by piphunter(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2013
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Mr Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.

May his soul RIP.
^from under which rock did you crawl out sad
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:23am On May 15, 2013
Siena:

If only it were an English speaking competition, I would only be guilty of not reading the opening post through, not incorrect English. wink

Still, let's not derail this thread. This thread is for tribute to be paid to a great man, Professor Chinua Achebe.
That's my point wink Ur english is excellent •̸№ doubt,but d Mr. For Prof.?Thanks anyway. How r ‎u doing?grin

RIP Prof. Chinua Achebe.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by thelonestranger: 11:25am On May 15, 2013
O ga o!
No be bad people dem dey bury for night ?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kalufelix(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2013

May his soul RIP.
who is the president of nigeria

A. Gen olusegun obasanjo
B. Dr. Goodluck jonathan
C. Gen ibrahim babangida

oya answer
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by silverluci(f): 11:27am On May 15, 2013
kalufelix: sorry ah dont think fo.olishl.y

The boy who persists in asking what happened to his father before he has enough strength to avenge him is asking for his father's fate.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:29am On May 15, 2013
Well after all said and done,whether anyone likes Į̸̸̨ƭ or •̸№t. Prof. Chinua Achebe was a great man living or dead.cool#000099

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Jman06(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2013
Achebe is a symbol of Igbo culture and tradition,unlike some igbo men and women who shied away from our culture once exposed to western education and whiteman's culture, he was able to sell igbo culture to the white man using the instrumentality of western education.Kudos and may your spirit rest in perfect peace with our ancestors in the world beyond.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by orgasticdance: 11:36am On May 15, 2013
Chinua Achebe isn't dead, just pick one of his books or click on one of his links on youtube and he'll come more alive to you than most people currently walking the surface of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:36am On May 15, 2013
ItsModella:
that you didn't know Prof Achebe was dead until now?

I'm not proud of that fact, but yes, I wasn't aware Professor Chinua Achebe was deceased until now. embarassed
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:38am On May 15, 2013
piphunter: ^from under which rock did you crawl out sad

I'll ignore your rudeness. I'll put it down to the fact you haven't read my other responses, and seen my corrections.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 11:40am On May 15, 2013
kalufelix:
who is the president of nigeria

A. Gen olusegun obasanjo
B. Dr. Goodluck jonathan
C. Gen ibrahim babangida

oya answer

Dude, quit derailing, and let the tributes to the late Professor Achebe continue.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by CHIMCO(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2013
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Professor Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.

May his soul RIP.

Last edited by Siena at 11:24 AM. Reason: Wrong title given to the great Igbo literary giant.
Siena of all people! Revered Auto Guru. Which part of the Country re u from?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by orgasticdance: 11:52am On May 15, 2013
Jman06: Achebe is a symbol of Igbo culture and tradition,unlike some igbo men and women who shied away from our culture once exposed to western education and whiteman's culture, he was able to sell igbo culture to the white man using the instrumentality of western education.Kudos and may your spirit rest in perfect peace with our ancestors in the world beyond.
I have igbo roots and at six I made a deliberate choice to "shy" away from its language and native customs purely out of selfish reasons: At six I could tell my native culture was not a world beater! Most of my friends spoke in a different language-- English. All the TV programs and cartoons that were coming up at 4pm were not using my native language therefore I decided there was no point clutching at a dying breed. English and French would give me more options in the world, I thought to myself. More than 20 years later do I have regrets? Nopes! nothing life damaging has happened; just the occasional situation when I can't converse in my native tongue, which happens very rarely. And all the moronic cultural unions/associations I see around in town I just shake my head at. My point is, I came into this world not as a Tiv or Fulani or Igbo man, I tumbled forth into this world as a human being, and I'll depart out of it as one.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by badmeat(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2013
Great men are buried at night!RIP great one

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2013
bad meat: Great men are buried at night!RIP great one

True! because they are different from the common ones buried during the day! cool
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by iamdsam: 12:03pm On May 15, 2013
RIP sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? / Similarity Between Bini And Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.