Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night (24205 Views)

(PHOTO) "The Abobaku Of Ooni Of Ife Found And Will Be Buried Alongside The King" / Photo: The Abobaku, Man To Be Buried Alive With The Late Ooni / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by vanstanzy(m): 12:08pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
its sad that todays Igbos dont take his words and message seriously or implant it into their lives. they just categorize him as another author who came, spoke and went. todays Igbos still shamelessly visit the church, the very place that loots them of their hard-warned money, destroyed their culture and caused many of their brothers and sisters to depart to a New Land as slaves amidst torture and rape, and never return. MAy Lord Amadioha guide these unfortunate souls. . cry

*Yawns!*

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by eagleeye2: 12:21pm On May 15, 2013
R I P, Prof.
I used to read and re-read his books beforethe advent of internet. His books helped me a lot in developing the kind of sense of judgement I have today for GOOD or EVIL.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 15, 2013
CHIMCO: Siena of all people! Revered Auto Guru. Which part of the Country re u from?

Unified Nigeria. wink

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by AnanseK(m): 12:27pm On May 15, 2013
Siena: Wow. I wasn't aware Professor Achebe was dead, he'll be sorely missed, I loved all his books.
May his soul RIP.

Whether he is dead or not, he is being burried at Ogidi on Thursday and at night. That is the message.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by swtcharissa(f): 12:32pm On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: R.I.P Prof. Chinua Achebe.

May the gods of our forefathers welcome you with arms wide open and put you in your rightful place right Next to Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe and other Great Igbo men that have departed this world before you.
. It all depends on where dey eventually find themselves....heaven or hell

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by AnanseK(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2013
nony30: That's my point wink Ur english is excellent •̸№ doubt,but d Mr. For Prof.?Thanks anyway. How r ‎u doing?grin

RIP Prof. Chinua Achebe.

"Mr." is still a very respectable title and you don't stop being "Mr." because you are a professor (Emiritus). Thats why the President of United States of America is adressed as "Mr. President" and he accepts with pride.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by cassyrooy(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2013
Was dis edited before posting, becos there ar too repeatations
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by cassyrooy(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2013
Was dis edited before posting? becos there ar too many repeatations
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Chino48: 12:39pm On May 15, 2013
I will be there live to lead a high powered delegation.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by AnanseK(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2013
cassyrooy: Was dis edited before posting, becos there ar too repeatations

You mean your post?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kagel: 12:57pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GO DIE! I hope your likes who lead our nation into backward mentality succumb to disease. angry

Prof. Chinua Achebe is a member of ODINANI IGBO RELIGION. not some foreign jewish cult called christianity that centres around man-worship. angry
I REBULK EVERY SPIRITE OF ANTICHRIST CONTROLLING YOUR SPRITE, SOUL AND BODY IN JSEUS NAME! shocked
SOME ANAMBERIANS WITH DIABOLIC AND ALCUTIC MENTALITY WELL BIRDS OF THESAME FEATHER FLUW TOGETHER,
I PRAY YOU WILL NEVER DIE UNTILL YOU REPENT, AMEN AND AMEN
GOD LOVES YOU , JESUS DIED FOR YOU, THEN WHY WILL YOU DIE AND GO TO HELL? DEVIL YOU A LIAR
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ONPON YOU.
GO!!! AND SIN NO MORE cry
[
GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kagel: 1:02pm On May 15, 2013
piphunter: ^from under which rock did you crawl out sad
HE JUST CAME OUT OF THE PRISON YESTADAY grin
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by emekarl4u: 1:08pm On May 15, 2013
may His gentlr soul rest in in the boosen of our Lord JESUS CHRIST.AMEN
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by kagel: 1:14pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GO DIE! I hope your likes who lead our nation into backward mentality succumb to disease. angry

Prof. Chinua Achebe is a member of ODINANI IGBO RELIGION. not some foreign jewish cult called christianity that centres around man-worship. angry
AND I ASKED AGAIN WERE YOU IN HIS LAST LECTURE AT LAGOS ON AHANJOKU LECTURE IN 2011?
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by emekarl4u: 1:17pm On May 15, 2013
obodo ndi a chooro enyemake i-ma onye CHINEKE bu na- ikpere ya n'ime mmo na eziokwu rapu omume ndi mgbe ochie.In all they needed total repentance as the only way out.may God forgive His children because they lake knowledge. cry
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:22pm On May 15, 2013
swtcharissa: . It all depends on where dey eventually find themselves....heaven or hell

HEAVEN AND HELL DOESNT EXIST! ITS JEWISH FAIRYTALE! STOP DECEIVING US EDUCATED FOLK WITH YOUR ILLITERATE TANTRUMS!

PROF. CHIEF CHINUA ACHEBE WILL BE REINCARNATED!
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:23pm On May 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

*Yawns!*

go sleep. you good for nothing prat. angry
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2013
kagel: I REBULK EVERY SPIRITE OF ANTICHRIST CONTROLLING YOUR SPRITE, SOUL AND BODY IN JSEUS NAME! shocked
SOME ANAMBERIANS WITH DIABOLIC AND ALCUTIC MENTALITY WELL BIRDS OF THESAME FEATHER FLUW TOGETHER,
I PRAY YOU WILL NEVER DIE UNTILL YOU REPENT, AMEN AND AMEN
GOD LOVES YOU , JESUS DIED FOR YOU, THEN WHY WILL YOU DIE AND GO TO HELL? DEVIL YOU A LIAR
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ONPON YOU.
GO!!! AND SIN NO MORE cry
[
GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND

STFU! I DONT BELIEVE IN YOUR IMAGINERY HELL! GO USE THAT FAIRYTALE TO SCARE A 2-YR OLD CHILD! I AM A FULLY MATURED GROWN UP PERSON SO GTFOH!

JESUS DID NOT DIE FOR ME! NOWHERE DID HE SAY HE DIED FOR PAGAN 9JA! IF HE DIED FOR ME, THAT MEANS HE SUPPORTS MY CAUSE FOR PAGANISM AND TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS!
I HAVE NOT SINNED! STFU BEFORE I REACH THROUGH THE SCREEN AND PUT JUJU ON YOU!
angry angry angry angry
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by packpune: 1:31pm On May 15, 2013
HI

Pls view this topic

Moving Company in Pune
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by gragraboy: 1:38pm On May 15, 2013
Don Jazzy things!
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by nduchucks: 1:50pm On May 15, 2013
Security should be very tight to discourage kidnappers from going after Achebe's body for Billion naira ransom.

RIP
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by burey: 1:55pm On May 15, 2013
Your "there was a country" ideology is almost coming to Fruition. RIP Prof, Laa na udo.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by manny4life(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2013
Everyone attacking Siena, isn't it time you guys quit? Leave the dude alone, he has humbly corrected himself so yall should quit attacking him.

@topic, RIP Prof... Naa nke oma.

Bia Mmuo Okija, let me ask you a question though, since he's been buried as per tradition rather than Christian way, and as a very high traditional titled man, it will mean that most mmanwu will attend the funeral right?

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2013
christianity is for the poor classes and those who are deluded and have no dignity. I pity those who get buried in such undignified ways.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by vanstanzy(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

go sleep. you good for nothing prat. angry

Go sleep, you unguided and unfortunate lost soul. According to ur very own words. grin grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by vanstanzy(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
christianity is for the poor classes and those who are deluded and have no dignity. I pity those who get buried in such undignified ways.

What a doofus! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Go sleep, you unguided and unfortunate soul. According to ur very same words. grin grin grin

Go sleep, you cannibalistic man-worshipper who believes in zombies rising from dead. deluded fairytale beliver 2-yr old nancy schoolkid. .
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:06pm On May 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

What a doofus! undecided undecided undecided

umm are you scared of the truth just like in the former Pagan Roman Empire, when Paganism was reserved for the Higher Classes and cultured peoples while the lower class dallied in man-worship and indignity . .
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by vanstanzy(m): 2:11pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

umm are you scared of the truth just like in the former Pagan Roman Empire, when Paganism was reserved for the Higher Classes and cultured peoples while the lower class dallied in man-worship and indignity . .

Abegi, ur problem don pass me jare, go see psychiatrist. embarassed embarassed I just wonder who passed this madness down to u.
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2013
vanstanzy:

Abegi, ur problem don pass me jare, go see psychiatrist. embarassed embarassed I just wonder who passed this madness down to u.

you go visit one yourself. brainwashed nincompoop. My parents are responsible for my good upbrining. unlike your case where you've been blindly brainwashed like a dirty rag of cloth. lipsrsealed
Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by vanstanzy(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you go visit one yourself. brainwashed nincompoop. My parents are responsible for my good upbrining. unlike your case where you've been blindly brainwashed like a dirty rag of cloth. lipsrsealed

"Ignore him!!" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: R.I.P Prof. Chinua Achebe.

May the gods of our forefathers welcome you with arms wide open and put you in your rightful place right Next to Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe and other Great Igbo men that have departed this world before you.
Which gods of forefathers?in this 21century?was he not a christain?wat about his children,are they not christains?why would he be buried in d evening?that is backwardness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? / Western Culture Vs African Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.