Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25947 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by israel007: 4:09pm On May 15, 2013
Even if GEJ does their laundry, they will still condemn him.

Loosssseeeerrrssss

11 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Lilimax(f): 4:09pm On May 15, 2013
muredo:
Gbagun,shut or shot,their or thier
Who is this?

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Janiobi(m): 4:10pm On May 15, 2013
To me, all dis state of emergency tin naa bla- bla-bla, wait, all dis people way day write novel as comment, who go read am undecided
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Truckpusher(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2013
Demdem: Good points Lai raised no doubt.
smh
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by NeoXVI: 4:11pm On May 15, 2013
omo harry: What is thier point.when a house is on fire the first everybody do is to get water and quench the fire after that before they can now ask what started the fire in the first place.Right people are dying and all ACN has to say is to conderm.Have they even brough out solution other than to be pessimistic about jonathan's goverment.Useless polital leaders that we have.Abeg i dey vex jo.

Reactionary measures have never worked to solve any problem. There have been emergency rules before in those places, what did it achieve? The BH issue has been there for years, what have they been doing?

The solution is right there in front of them: seal off the borders and cut off the arms supply. You do not need a genius to tell you that they'll become impotent if you can do that. Instead of wiping out entire villages including innocent people, the army should target and eliminate the leaders and commandos of BH as well as their cells and arms storage units. They should have enough intelligence on who those people are by now. If they don't have that then they don't deserve to be called intelligence units.

Solving unemployment and poverty is a long term issue. But cutting off arms supply can be done now and would be very effective. How long will SOE last, and what happens after that? Back to the status quo I guess.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by oshyno(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2013
I knew it from the begining that theses CAN guyz don't mean well 4 Nigeira. They r afta power at d center daz all. Smh. U mean in d face of all these that are happening u have d guts to counter this GEJ action ? Why is politics in nigeria always different ? In d face of terror, USA for instance, even d opposition sits in d same table n chart 4 d solution, but what do we hv in Nigeria they see a gud policy as an enemy to their political ambition and will do everytin posible to paint it black. Shame on u CAN for toiling wit d life of Nigeira on d alter of politics.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by cold(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2013
Tired noise,Lai Mohammed,tired noise.Soured grapes
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by kufreabasi(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2013
Make ACN go sit down jooor with their big mouth.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Lilimax(f): 4:15pm On May 15, 2013
oshyno: I knew it from the begining that theses CAN guyz don't mean well 4 Nigeira. They r afta power at d center daz all. Smh. U mean in d face of all these that are happening u have d guts to counter this GEJ action ? Why is politics in nigeria always different ? In d face of terror, USA for instance, even d opposition sits in d same table n chart 4 d solution, but what do we hv in Nigeria they see a gud policy as an enemy to their political ambition and will do everytin posible to paint it black. Shame on u CAN for toiling wit d life of Nigeira on d alter of politics.
Did i hear you say CAN?. Hope you are not referring to ACN by calling then CAN
They are two different bodies.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 15, 2013
Bleep acn. I am switching over to pdp

4 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 15, 2013
I've lost any little respect I hv for this ACN . They're now bunch of drunks and cowards in my eyes. SoE is the only solution to Boko Haram. How many more people will die before ACN sees the light and know that Mr President got this spot on

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Okijajuju: 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
And these are the people that want to rule us!! grin

[size=18]ACN & CPC & APC [/size]

[size=25]PDP[/size] till Nigeria gets better or breaks apart!!

11 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dee60: 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
How would ACN have solved this problem?

I beg, enough of the mindless killing. Action must be taken against terrorists and Mr President is correct. BH has a choice to disarm now and surrender completely, and then seek amnesty.

This BH of a thing must have some level of political involvement and I suspect that a good number of elite northerners are behind it. Now they have gone quiet again!

It will take a very long time before any northern moslem can win presidential elections in Nigeria again!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by RedLight1: 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Love it or hate it, they have very valid points.
valid points buh no solution... The amnesty the likes of tinubu etc suggested was outrightly rejected by boko haram.. So what do u want government to do... I hate pdp buh we should know when to criticize or when to shut the fhuck up
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dbride: 4:18pm On May 15, 2013
No, ACN you goofed here. I have admired you this while but you just missed it. Opposition does not mean condemnation of anything and everything your opponents decide, throwing away good judgment. Let's oppose sensibly lest we lose people's trust and confidence in what we stand for. Opposition is not synonymous with hatred; one is positive and the other is negative.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by ubest1(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2013
we no u evil party are only good in condemning, we were expecting it, but what will you do now that ur boss GEJ had taking decision
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by toshacer: 4:22pm On May 15, 2013
CPC calls it a welcome idea, ACN berates it. How can CPC and ACN work together?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by coolted(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Love it or hate it, they have very valid points.

i'm yet to understand. i believe this guy want to comment on anything from the president
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Super1759: 4:24pm On May 15, 2013
I thought this party has good plans. 1st tinubu asked fg to give amnesty, now castigating against SOE. God forbid that I vote this party

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by bakynes(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2013
For once this man GEJ has done the right thing regardless of the party we all need to support him, Mr Lia Mohammed is obviously only looking at their party's political ambition to remove the ruling party But sincerely I think declaring state of emergency is coming too late he shd ve done this a long time b4 d insurgence got to dis extreme

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by gameboy727(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2013
Make this guy go sleep abeg. Must he hate/oppose everything the present government does? Na wa o
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 15, 2013
Apc are hypocrite and they are just so stupid for my liking,the president requested their corporation to fight corruptions but they refuse to assist the presidency and now they have the gut to complain about the decision the president has taken for the interest of the citizenry just for their selfish and greedy interest,I don't blame them since it's not a military regime and democracy has allowed every chimpanzee to open his useful mouth and vomit whatever they like. If they are interested in the interest of the country,why didn't they come out to help the president? Am so disappointed in tinubu,buhari and their political cohort b'cos they look at for is not what will be good for our dear country but what will be good for their pockets. May God help us and for this act alone they have completely lose my respect,since all they want is attacking the president without them bringing solutions or remedies.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by badmeat(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2013
Just only few months of associating with CPC,CAN has lost its bearing!one of the lame criticism by an opposition!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nathaniel734: 4:28pm On May 15, 2013
if they are truthful to themselves, the will know this is a right step in a right direction...and does not necessarily demand any opposing view..we all saw how things went from bad to worst in those states, even ACN condemned most of the killings, so why the pretence, y stick out their head to show relevence...this is not time for politicking, all hands must be on deck to eradicate this evil from our land
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by toolovely(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2013
Which move by d fg has acn supported? They think they r better, they just come up with an idea. That Wiℓℓ even give them the upper hand in the next election. Not just criticising everything. Haba. This has gone beyond opposition abeg
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Bolan123: 4:29pm On May 15, 2013
tosh_acer: CPC calls it a welcome idea, ACN berates it. How can CPC and ACN work together?
You are still asking. we are watching. The difference btw ACN, CPC and BH is only in talking. They are in it together.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dospix(m): 4:30pm On May 15, 2013
muredo:
Gbagun,shut or shot,their or thier
Are you here to detect gbagun or you have come contribute rationally to this thread? Gbagun detector like you...speak your own lets know what you are made of...Cambridge dictionary.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Peterwins(m): 4:31pm On May 15, 2013
Anyone who is president (inclusive of this ACN spokesman) at this crisis period in the north-east will take these measures that GEJ have taken, though over-due.

It's a military troop surge that is supposed to cordon off attacks from these terrorists using neighbouring countries such as Niger, Chad and Cameroun as launch pad for their brazen attacks. The troop surge is also expected to contain the insurgents within these states. Let's pray it works.

The problems of bad leadership over several years that have accumulated to this day cannot be placed on GEJ, though this should not be used as an excuse for slipshod leadership from him. He needs to toughen up. Even Obama did same when he ordered/authorised a troop surge in Afghanistan soon after he became president of the USA.

The real (long term) solution in my own opinion are these:
1. True federalism - state police, resource control, etc.

2. Effective Data Base - Every citizen and foreigners in Nigeria should be easily identifiable and effectively monitored by the government/security agencies.

3. Religious tolerance - very difficult to achieve when you consider that "religion is an opium" to people with closed minds.

4. Social welfare - the capitalist USA has social security. Why not Nigeria?

5. Compulsory basic education - I guess we already have this.

6. Free and Fair Elections - getting there I guess, with fewer court cases after the 2011 general elections compared to 2003 and 2007. Hope 2015 will be much better.

7. Counter Terrorism/Eliminate Sponsors of Terrorism (executive order) - the local sponsors of terrorism should be eliminated since their foreign/international sponsors are not within reach/our jurisdiction. Though this can be used to witch hunt (real and perceived) political enemies especially in Nigeria. The recent events in Nassarawa and other States comes to mind.

8. Border/Immigration control - Effective border/immigration control can prevent terrorists from easy access into Nigeria even though we are part of ECOWAS.

9. Others - terror alerts, ban of fanatical preaching for all religious organisations, new security measures such as the use of spy (lethal and non lethal) drones, retraining of all our security personnel and adequate compensation for them, etc.

I guess these measures will reduce corruption since I did not mention it.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by cnwamo(m): 4:31pm On May 15, 2013
ACN got it wrong this time angry angry angry angry

They should just keep shut and let GEJ do his job not politicize everything.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by princejones(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2013
The opposition should for once reason well,human life are being lost everyday by this so called boko haram.lf emergency rule is the solution so be it
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by BarryX(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2013
We saw that coming so no biggie ! BTW that's why it's called Opposition
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dospix(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2013
Okija juju: And these are the people that want to rule us!! grin

[size=18]ACN & CPC & APC [/size]

[size=25]PDP[/size] till Nigeria gets better or breaks apart!!
Okija, abeg no kill us with laugh for nairaland...you too much sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking: Jonathan In Secret Meeting With Obasanjo / Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Jangebe, Zamfara School Abduction: ‘Close To 550 Girls Are Missing’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.