Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25946 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
These fools have started again.they are not concerned about the welfare of the people,all this condemnation is a plot to draw voters away from jonathan to themselves;i agree that they have valid points but if they don't support jonathan's efforts they should come up with plans that would work instead of trying to reverse what the guy is doin.or should gej fold his hands and watch nigeria disintegrate?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by caukerzee(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
fkaz: Plateau state still remain war zone up till date, despite the state of emergency in 2004
just shut up if u have nothing educative to say. I stay in plateau and most of the news about killings are media propagated. The city of jos is as much a war zone as any other southern city at present.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Newcrescent(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
omo harry: Then what is your solution.Critics like you supporting Lai always see nothing good in problem solving and have nothing to contribute.This is the time everybody has to support the goverment in ending this problem.Nigeria is for everybody.If Nigeria is at war today, i bet you u would ever cherish the peaceful country you once had.

Don't you get it. In summary, you and Jolanta cannot put two stick in the fire at once, get to tackle the ROOT-CAUSE and not pallative Brute-force.

Most of us are just too myopic and sentimental. Yoruba said, "Where two elephants fights, the grass suffers". Did you consider that?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Raxz(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2013
Nothing GEJ do that this ACN, CPC and APC will ever support it, be it good or bad. We the citizens are nw wiser, u this Bunch of fools tht heate GEJ so much will nt continue to drag us foolishly to heate GEJ too. We nw know who the real enemy of our country are (APC, ACN and CPC are the real enemies of our beloved country) fellow citizens i org u all to ignore their blind criticisms of the government. Hw cn ppl who clam they are on mission to rescue us politicized every thing? all wht lie mohamed could see in this is only 2015 opportunity which may elude their party if emergency rule is impose in some northern state. We always knw who they are, one after the other they will show there true colours b4 2015.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by ola6: 4:53pm On May 15, 2013
As a Yoruba man tokan tokan, I totally disagree with ACN. I am with GEJ on this one.

Awa omo Oodua, e je ke a ma so ra! Tinubu Fe ta wa fun awon gambari. Yoruba, roun o!

Aboro la n so fun omoluabi, to ba de inu re, a di odindi.

6 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Reptyle(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2013
gboss4sure:

And i keep asking you, what is the solution to boko haram seeing they have rejected amnesty, Just give is a solution and stop ranting nonsense. i will be glad to forward your solution to the authorities.

Say we go with the SOE as declared, how does it change the situation on ground? I mean like, beyond giving it a high fallutin name like "State of Emergency" and increasing the number of soldiers on ground in the affected states, how is this move radically different from the former strategy?

If you ask me, this pronouncement is nothing but an expansion of the already existing JTF. I do not think any of the governors of the affected states has had a say in the security arrangement of their states in recent months. The JTF takes instructions from Abuja and not from the governors. The new military coordinators of the state will still take instructions from Abuja. So I ask again, what exactly has changed pre and post SOE?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by theripper2: 4:53pm On May 15, 2013
What is Lai Mohammed proposing as a solution?

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 15, 2013
fkaz: Plateau state still remain war zone up till date, despite the state of emergency in 2004
i'm sorry, but plateau state is fine. Trust me. I'm there. The military is even moving out gradually self. If ure talkin about the recent problems with the fulanis in some local governments, its been solved by Gods grace.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by BrokenTV: 4:57pm On May 15, 2013
Pennywise: Lai Muhammed and the ACN represent the opposition. It is expected that the opposition will attempt to discredit the govt and create disaffection in the populace. It is for the govt to prove them wrong through purposeful and reasoned course of action. If they have to support every action of govt it means they will remain forever in opposition. It goes without saying that ACN missed the boat on this one.

Jonathan obviously has widespread support in his declaration of state of emergency albeit late. His concern now should be how effective he utilizes the instruments of state security to achieve his goal. Will he exercise diligence,wisdom and purposefulness in his effort or will it be like all things Jonathan we have known since the beginning of his tenure?
1000000 dislike
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by omobaba101(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2013
ACN Spokesman actually sounds too irritating to me today with his comment. He has become like a programmed mouth that must say something against anything the government does, many times without thinking through. If the steps are not good, what does he suggest? Was he not crying foul when no decisive action is taken. Can he simply move his family to any of those places tonight to prove that there is no need for military actions in those zones. Mind you I'm not a PDP supporter, but ACN got it wrong here

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Truckpusher(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2013
It is crystal clear who our enemies are, though the blind Bartimaeuses of the ACN tribe wouldn't still see even where the blinds are seeing.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by AnanseK(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2013
gboss4sure:
And i keep asking you, what is the solution to boko haram seeing they have rejected amnesty, Just give is a solution and stop ranting nonsense. i will be glad to forward your solution to the authorities.

My Solution for you to foward to authorities Sir;
President uses the 3 trillion Naira budget, his well trined intelligence officers in the army, SS and the police and the political advisors,the Ministers and the Governors to find specifically(not speculations) who is/are behind Boko Haram.He will then come on to National TV and announce the names of the suspects and they are tried in one week all their assets frozen and they are executed in Eagle Square Abuja.
Then we will praise him and love him and make him president for many more years, as an able an d intelligent leader. His stste of emergency will only increase bloodshed.This is my honest opinion.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dabrake(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2013
Stupeed fools.
@GEJ should extend it to the whole aboki states sef . . . And why dem no flush the 3 governors comot?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by slimghost(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2013
Reptyle:

Say we go with the SOE as declared, how does it change the situation on ground? I mean like, beyond giving it a high fallutin name like "State of Emergency" and increasing the number of soldiers on ground in the affected states, how is this move radically different from the former strategy?

If you ask me, this pronouncement is nothing but an expansion of the already existing JTF. I do not think any of the governors of the affected states has had a say in the security arrangement of their states in recent months. The JTF takes instructions from Abuja and not from the governors. The new military coordinators of the state will still take instructions from Abuja. So I ask again, what exactly has changed pre and post SOE?

Let me answer my question son.
With this SOE, the military now have total control of all decisions concerning security in those states. They now have the right to detain suspects more than 48 hrs without charging them to court. They can now also search any building without warrant, be it the Governor's lodge or guest house, and more-so, they can now declare total offensive on Boko Haram's enclaves with no fear of backlash from activists, state governments and co.

5 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tomber(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2013
AnanseK: ACN has explained how non functional and futile the Presidents prescription is and I agree with them fully.Instead of insulting Lai Mohammed, you intelligent Nigerians should tell us how more force and more violence by the state can bring peace to the country.

I know you can barely wait for 2015 to vote for Buhari and his baron friend tinubu.Goodluck to you.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dewze(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2013
Judging from all comments so far I would say the ACN has shot itself in the foot this time.
They shld ve just kept quiet for a few months, watch the mood of the people and see how it all plays out before making a statement.
It takes much more wisdom and tactics to be an opposition especialy in a country like Nigeria where reactionary sentiment is rife.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by slimghost(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2013
AnanseK:

My Solution for you to foward to authorities Sir;
President uses the 3 trillion Naira budget, his well trined intelligence officers in the army, SS and the police and the political advisors,the Ministers and the Governors to find specifically(not speculations) who is/are behind Boko Haram.He will then come on to National TV and announce the names of the suspects and they are tried in one week all their assets frozen and they are executed in Eagle Square Abuja.
Then we will praise him and love him and make him president for many more years, as an able an d intelligent leader. His stste of emergency will only increase bloodshed.This is my honest opinion.

How old are you? What a senseless post!!!!!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by GoodSamaritan: 5:00pm On May 15, 2013
I recommend Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta to Lai Mohammed. His attention is highly needed there. Seriously!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by AnanseK(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2013
tomber:

I know you can barely wait for 2015 to vote for Buhari and his baron friend tinubu.Goodluck to you.

I thought you had a logical explanation. You are still at emotional level, and you can have the goodluck, if you mean Jonathan.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by nep2ra(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2013
I support APC but ACN is wrong on this one. However, Lai Mohammed is free to express the opinion and position of his party on the recent State of Emergency imposed on these states. We are in a democracy.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by 4watever: 5:02pm On May 15, 2013
Who says SOEs don't work ?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Pain(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2013
So what alternative do they propose?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dewze(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2013
Don't kill the messenger. His words are not his own.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by slimghost(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2013
Pain: So what alternative do they propose?

Jonathan should fold his arms and watch the country explode from terrorism so that ACN could use that against him come 2015. Thats their alternative sir!

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Policewoman(f): 5:06pm On May 15, 2013
AnanseK:

How did you escape from Ombatse?
I was in the Police helicopter above tongue tongue tongue
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by anonimi: 5:07pm On May 15, 2013
It is becoming clearer with each passing day and act of the Tinubu-led ACN that he wants to repeat the same mistake of Samuel Ladoke Akintola that contributed to the 1966 coup.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Akintola_521607196.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

However we are wiser, almost five decades after.

Those who want to commit family/group/ethnic/tribal suicide by dragging others with them thinking their followers are zombies will find themselves alone at the end of their journey- InshaAllah!

3 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Ebenezer5: 5:08pm On May 15, 2013
awodman: Lia(er) mohammed tunder fire that your stinkin mouth...must u criticize everytin??...oh I forgot you also called the president names when the issue of flood a NATURAL DISASTER took place..its your habit sha
since the A.C.N knows the solution of this boko haram issue they should tell us, so that we can vote for them come 2015, rather than urging us to vote for them ist, a lot of is being mudered everyday
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by solomon111(m): 5:08pm On May 15, 2013
ACN is a classless opposition.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dyke004(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2013
They are very stupid to reject the state of emergency. who are they in the first place. are they not members of boko haram?
abeg, lets talk something else.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by AnanseK(m): 5:10pm On May 15, 2013
slimghost:

Let me answer my question son.
With this SOE, the military now have total control of all decisions concerning security in those states. They now have the right to detain suspects more than 48 hrs without charging them to court. They can now also search any building without warrant, be it the Governor's lodge or guest house, and more-so, they can now declare total offensive on Boko Haram's enclaves with no fear of backlash from activists, state governments and co.

Right to detain suspects for 48hours! Do you know how many thousand suspects are in various detention centers and many of them have been there for months and even years and Without charging them to court?and with no SOE in place?
You think JTF have been using warrants to search houses in Maiduguri and Yobe?
Total offensive on BH enclaves ? When over 2000 houses and were destroyed and over 200 civilian men women and children were killed by JTF in Baga there was no SOE.So tell us something new to make us celebrate the SOE and the hope it brings to Nigerians.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by chitexy: 5:12pm On May 15, 2013
rubbish party. na me and my household go be the last to vote una yeye party. anti-government
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tolsmile(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2013
Monimatic: ACN Condemns and Reject President Jonathan Declaration of State of Emergency

…Asks National Assembly to reject it

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has described the declaration of a state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States by President Goodluck Jonathan as lacking in original thinking, and therefore asked the National Assembly to reject it.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said if the use of force was capable of ending the Boko Haram crisis, it would have ended a long time ago.

It said while the President was right in expressing outrage over the mindless killings and wanton destruction by the insurgents, he was wrong in proposing more of the same measures that have failed to yield results.

”If the medicine given to a patient has not cured his or her illness, is it not futile to prescribe more of the same medicine for the patient? If the declaration of a state of emergency in 15 local government areas in four states in 2011 has not curbed the activities of the insurgents, why extend such measure to other areas? If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops?

”There is nothing new in the President’s action. It is more of the same: deployment of more troops to the affected states and the use of tougher, scorched-earth tactics against the insurgents. In the first instance, this stepped-up militarization of the states amounts to an asymmetric use of force in an environment where the insurgents operate within a civilian population, hence it will ultimately be counterproductive as the death toll will continue to mount while the civilian population – who will be caught in the cross fire – will be alienated.

”Secondly, the President should go ahead and disband the committee he recently inaugurated and saddled with reaching out to the insurgents, because by opting to flood the states with more troops under an ill-advised emergency rule, he has succeeded in pulling the carpet from under the Committee’s feet. Who negotiates genuinely with a gun
to his head? The committee’s job is over, the members can as well pack up and go home.

”Thirdly, one hopes the President’s action is not linked to the politics of 2015. With the three states militarized, there can neither be electioneering campaign nor voting there. We had warned earlier that as 2015 approaches, the Jonathan Administration will increasingly take measures that will make it impossible to hold election in many states The over militarization of some states in the north, the plan to destabilise the South-west using slush funds from the so-called oil pipeline protection contract and the infantile threats from some Niger Delta militants seem to be part of this plan

”Fourthly, what happens if and when the declaration of emergency rule fails to stem the violence, now that the President has gone for broke and played his last card?

”In view of the reasons stated above, we hereby reject the declaration of emergency rule in the three states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, and we call on the National Assembly to also reject it and not allow itself to be used to rubber stamp a declaration that is largely cosmetic.

”We reiterate our earlier statements that the Boko Haram crisis has its roots in years of bad governance that have produced an army of unemployed,
unemployable, disenchanted and demoralized youths who are now ready hands and willing tools for those seeking to perpetrate violence. The unprecedented corruption across the land, as well as injustice and extra-judicial killings are also fuelling this crisis,” ACN said.

The party said while the short-term solution to the Boko Haram crisis should be a combination of dialogue and a minimal use of force, the long term measure to deny Boko Haram of willing recruits and make the sect unattractive to anyone is to ensure that the State can adequately meet the yearnings and aspirations of its citizens. And the only way to do this is through good governance that delivers the dividends of democracy to the citizens; stamps out corruption and ensures a just and equitable society.

”Boko Haram is like a bad tree. To kill it, it must be uprooted, instead of trimming its branches. The measures announced by President Jonathan on Tuesday will not deliver the killer punch to this reprehensible sect. There is need to think out of the box,” it said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/emergency-rule-counterproductive-acn/

ACN needs 2 b declare party of emergency. All dis people r 1 selfish n useless, dey just want our attention 4 dere useles ambition. Shio!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Cries Out Over Inec’s Decision To Use Incident Forms / Breaking: Jonathan In Secret Meeting With Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.