Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania (20527 Views)

Jonathan Releases N9.9B For Cassava Bread / Olusegun Obasanjo Eating Cassava Bread (Picture) / GEJ Now Eats Abakaliki/Ofada Rice & Cassava Bread - Min. Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by IB5(f): 5:22pm On May 15, 2013
grin grin

Cassava bread is a Nigerian innovation in bakery.
Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has begun a mission to introduce African countries to Nigeria’s innovation in bakery, Cassava Bread.
Mr. Obasanjo, a goodwill ambassador for the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA, recently took the bread to Tanzania where he publicly munched the bread with the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, Mrisho Jakaya Kikwete.
Former President Benjamin Mkapa of the United Republic of Tanzania also ate the bread for the first time. The leaders supported the innovation, noting that it would bring several benefits to the continent.
The 40 per cent cassava bread was first developed by IITA in Nigeria, as part of efforts to boost the utilization of cassava and create market for farmers.
President Kikwete after inaugurating the IITA Science Building in Dar es Salaam on Monday commended IITA for the bread technology, saying that the bread had an “excellent” taste.
“There is no difference between this bread and the normal bread we are used to,” he added.
Mr. Obasanjo encouraged the Tanzania President to promote the use of cassava in confectionaries in his country to
transform agriculture. He noted that the use of cassava flour in bread would stimulate the demand for the root crop, create jobs and, more importantly, make farmers proud.
Mr. Obasanjo, in 2002 initiated a policy on 10 percent inclusion in bread under “the Presidential Initiative on Cassava,” program. The program which was implemented by IITA and national partners, drove the demand for cassava, increased productivity by about 10 million tons in 6 years, and made Nigeria the top world producer of cassava.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134415-obasanjo-exports-cassava-bread-to-tanzania.html

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by NwaNimo1(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2013
Heavily 'Subsidized' by Nigerian oil and blood.. . . .

(Like)

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by cfours: 5:48pm On May 15, 2013
good news. this should be on front page

This is what happens when human beings follow their true calling.
OBJ's true calling is to be a farmer agriculturalist.
Nigeria may soon become bread basket of Africa if we keep up with this. I'm not Kidding

me sef, i'm looking for job in d ota farms. hope uncle segun can read dis post.

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2013
Lol grin...Obasanjo should have been a comedian instead. The man no get shame grin

If we must export cassava bread, shouldn't we package it well?

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Maxymilliano(m): 6:01pm On May 15, 2013
Agbe Loba himself ... Keep up the good work 'ambassador'.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Tolexander: 6:19pm On May 15, 2013
operation feed the nation(OFN) Tanzanians!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by prettyboi1(m): 6:39pm On May 15, 2013
Obj my man.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by ihimami: 6:42pm On May 15, 2013
I hope he will sustain it. Good one from him
smiley
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 15, 2013
While others are critiquing cassava bread,

Others have been employed, and some others are gonna make billions from it. .....with time .

It's really True, all humans aren't created equally .

Some got empty skulls.

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by PastorKun(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2013
I just love Baba, he is a true African patriot.
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by olapluto(m): 6:44pm On May 15, 2013
On getting to work this morning, my Oga at the top came to me very happy. He had a brown envelope in his hands. I was getting excited, maybe my salary is to be increased, or I was to be sent to a conference. My eyes almost bulging as he opened the envelope....and there was the picture of OBJ! My boss and OBJ shaking hands in Tanzania. He was so happy and was say: 'Thats me shaking hands with CHIEF Obasanjo, your ex-president'. I had to laugh along and be happy.
Sorry for diverting the post.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by ogusbaba1(m): 6:45pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Lol grin...Obasanjo should have been a comedian instead. The man no get shame grin

hahahahah lols i dey tell u, see as d man serious finish sha
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by action4real: 6:45pm On May 15, 2013
obj again
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by imeller: 6:45pm On May 15, 2013
Good one baba. Most of the other politicians needs to learn a thing or two from this Man. I cant stop admiring him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Sloganz: 6:45pm On May 15, 2013
Good lord that Obasanjo is one ugly man. Lawd Have Mercy lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2013
Baba akponrin! Baba agba! Baba himself! I luv dis guy die grin
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2013
Sloganz: Good lord that Obasanjo is one ugly man. Lawd Have Mercy lipsrsealed
handsome bobo u talkin about ni grin
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Suntemi(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2013
Pastor Kun: I just love Baba, he is a true African patriot.

I just don't know why I love this man too.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Diasporan(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Lol grin...Obasanjo should have been a comedian instead. The man no get shame grin

Bro what is the shame in it?I have seen Potato bread here and there is no exceptional way it was packaged.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Suntemi(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2013
And see and their Presido dey look the bread like say Na poison baba give am.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 15, 2013
See the way Baba dey look the man like say he want smack am.
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Arabanco87: 6:52pm On May 15, 2013
Sloganz: Good lord that Obasanjo is one ugly man. Lawd Have Mercy lipsrsealed

your grandpapa fine pass am?

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by angelTI(f): 6:52pm On May 15, 2013
where can one get it in lagos precisely?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by olempe(m): 6:54pm On May 15, 2013
Hmmm... Impressive!
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by rozayx5(m): 6:54pm On May 15, 2013
cool cool
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by prosper86: 6:55pm On May 15, 2013
smiley cheesy Abeg I no understand!shey I'm carry d bread with flight go tanzania?
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 15, 2013

Naaa...he has something beautiful, an attitude called 'I-don't-give-a-fvck' cool.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by tailor(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2013
even at old age he still bears fruits
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 15, 2013
I once heard on TV a couple of years ago the AGATA AMATA show they had this guest that came to talk about cassava bread when obj was still president and playing with the idea of cassava been made into bread I just remembered what the lady said "have you had cassava bread b4? Pls don't because if they use it to hit your head you will get a big bump"
Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:03pm On May 15, 2013
I trust that dude. My mentor!
He makes use if every situation!
No time to check time!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:05pm On May 15, 2013
Chai! Baba exportin bread tinz grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight! / Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) / What Can I Use To Replace Palm Oil In Soups?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.