Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? (1439 Views)

How To Spot Girls Looking For Boyfriend At Lagos Restaurants / Omg!!! This Ghana Student Goes Popular For Posting This Pictures Online / She Had Sex In A First Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is a bit harsh? When did we exchange prudence for "the boy is good"?

When did we in a bid to look good set a precedence we cannot follow through?

This is kiddies stuFf I swear

Most ladies say they are looking for a caring guy, and most times they evaluate your ability to care for them by what you give them or buy for them.

That is why most guys will also be ok with the eatery or restaurant. Atleast they know they are in control of the environment. They a financially capable of providing what ever they consider to be care in that environment.

When a guy is out on a date with a girl in an eatery with 20k in his pocket. He is confident that there is nothing she orders in the menu he can't afford.

If you tell a girl on your first date to accompany you to an art exhibition, you have to budget for emergency.

Its like telling her that a female friend of yours is opening a boutique and she should accompany on the first date. And you go there and she looks at all the nice stuffs there, and you don't ask her if she likes any or tell her to choose one. Or she puts on a particular one and it looks nice on her. After you let her put it back and you leave. Naturally any girl will wonder why you took her there to look at things you know she would like only to let her go empty handed. She might end up buying that dress for herself but she won't be happy within.

So I prefer to take a girl on the first date to an environment where I can control.

If she is a movie type then that's cool. Pop corn and movie ticket and icecream is not a lot.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 7:16pm On May 16, 2013
SLIDE waxie: it is safe then to agree that a larger percentage of ladies are hungry. Hence, the efficacy of the method!
grin
I have not met every girl in the world so I cannot comment on percentages bro.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 7:21pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy:

Most ladies say they are looking for a caring guy, and most times they evaluate your ability to care for them by what you give them or buy for them.

That is why most guys will also be ok with the eatery or restaurant. Atleast they know they are in control of the environment. They a financially capable of providing what ever they consider to be care in that environment.

When a guy is out on a date with a girl in an eatery with 20k in his pocket. He is confident that there is nothing she orders in the menu he can't afford.

If you tell a girl on your first date to accompany you to an art exhibition, you have to budget for emergency.

Its like telling her that a female friend of yours is opening a boutique and she should accompany on the first date. And you go there and she looks at all the nice stuffs there, and you don't ask her if she likes any or tell her to choose one. Or she puts on a particular one and it looks nice on her. After you let her put it back and you leave. Naturally any girl will wonder why you took her there to look at things you know she would like only to let her go empty handed. She might end up buying that dress for herself but she won't be happy within.

So I prefer to take a girl on the first date to an environment where I can control.

If she is a movie type then that's cool. Pop corn and movie ticket and icecream is not a lot.
That is why we said the kids started this. Must you try to impress someone before they see the real you?

Only people who have nothing to show try to throw money into people's faces. Does everyone attending a art exhibition but a painting?

Must you buy something everyone you walk into a boutique? Must you always strive to impress a girl with material things?

Do you realise that when you start with money, you must continue else she will think you don't care anymore. Be yourself and let the lady see who and what you have to offer.

Relationships is not about money, food or intimacy. There is more to life than those three things and the day you realise that is the day you start seeing life from a new angle

1 Like

Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
That is why we said the kids started this. Must you try to impress someone before they see the real you?

Only people who have nothing to show try to throw money into people's faces. Does everyone attending a art exhibition but a painting?

Must you buy something everyone you walk into a boutique? Must you always strive to impress a girl with material things?

Do you realise that when you start with money, you must continue else she will think you don't care anymore. Be yourself and let the lady see who and what you have to offer.

Relationships is not about money, food or intimacy. There is more to life than those three things and the day you realise that is the day you start seeing life from a new angle

Suew u r right. But the the motive of first date is to know the girl and make her happy. Happiness is all that matters and if money can facilitate it then spend it. You meet a girl and you chatting and you discover she loves artworks and has a few collections. If you decide to invite her to an art exhibition and buy her an art work of her choice, it does not mean your trying to impress u might jst be sensitive to what makes her happy.

If you realise she likes fashion, and take her to a friends boutique opening ceremony, and let her choose a dress and pay for it. It does not mean your throwing money around, but jst trying to make her happy with what you know she will appreciate.

Now there are a lot of things that could make her happy, you jst go for the one you feel you can afford.

Example. Your chatting with a girl u met and you ask questions to know the things she like.

When it comes to movies she likes romantic movies.

She likes sea food

She loves art works.

She loves gowns in clothing

Now if you are planning a first date, you check you pocket, ask yourself, which of these areas can I afford.

If its a movie, ask to take her to a movie and pay for it.

You can take her to a restaurant to eat sea food.

You can take her to a friends new boutique let her pick a gown.

You can take her to that art exhibition and let her have an artwork.

Either of these options you will still make her happy, but you spent money to make it happen.

Most times the eatery is the cheapest for the guys and that's why they settle for it .

Its not a must that you start with money you end with money, sometimes you spend that money on the right thing and place and it opens the door to her heart.

Sometimes just one gift can open the emotional flood gate of the lady. You did not buy her heart but your gift touched her emotionally.

Sometime in the past there was this girl. I met, while talking with here there is this particular type of food she said she wished she cld eat again.

Then I found a place they sell that food, though it was expensive to me then, I asked her on the first date and took her to a place they sold that food.

She was surprised they sold that food in that town. Then I was much younger and that money I spent on that first date, I was calculating what I will do for one month to get it back. Now after that date she was so happy. I took her home, I got home and I decided that I would focus on my hustle and just talk to this girl on phone once in a while.

After a week, this girl called me and asked if I would be free to go to that place again this weekend. First thing that came to my mind was God punish ur father, I told her I was going out of town that weekend. She said ok, she will have to wait till I come back then before she goes again, I said in my mind this girl, them send you? I told her why will she have to wait for me to come back? She said, she wanted to give herself a treat, felt it will be unfair for her to go there alone when I was the person that took her there the first time. She felt it was her turn to return the favor and foot the bill. By then my heart came down, I told her , well if it happens that I don't travel by the weekend I will let her know. As a sharp guy lol, I still pretended to have traveled so we went the next weekend.

Now after the eating and drinks there, she went to my house with me. You know what it means for a girl to take you out, pay for the food, follow you home and make you happy? That is how we started dating.

Now what I am trying to say is that money does not buy happiness but it can provide an atmosphere for happiness.

So if after I knew the things I could spend my money on to make her happy. Spending money is not the issue, its spending it at the right place and right thing. Its better I took her to eat what she loved, than take her to an art exhibition to see what she loves but I can't afford to give it to her.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 8:43pm On May 16, 2013
You my friend is beyond redemption. Do you
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 8:52pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44: You my friend is beyond redemption. Do you

Lol, the moral of my story is, if you can afford to make the first date special by spending money spend it and make it special. That person might be the mother of your kids in future.

And after the chips are down, and your married with kids, and wild flames are gone, most times all the lady has left are those memories. That first date could be what makes her smile when she looks at your face with wrinkles and gray hair.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Mynd44: 9:10pm On May 16, 2013
The moral of the tale is simple; money does not garantee smiles. It is the little things that matter most and more often than not, that is what is remembered

1 Like

Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by mekaboy(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2013
Mynd_44: The moral of the tale is simple; money does not garantee smiles. It is the little things that matter most and more often than not, that is what is remembered

Your right, and sometimes those little things cost money.
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 16, 2013
mekaboy: Just wondering, when you meet a girl especially in africa and you exchange numbers.

It always goes like this.

Girl: you can't come to my house I don't know you that well.

Girl: I can't come to your house I don't know you that well.

Then finally they end up at a restaurant. I am wondering why the restaurant all the time. Most first dates are in restaurants.
tell me about it.....thats why almost all lady folk in ph have bulging tummies
Re: Why Are EATRIES And RESTAURANTS Popular For First DATE? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 16, 2013
the problem should not be spending the money...i mean if you have it then by all means spend it.....if you dont have then remain on low key.....simple

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Famous Royal Couple Retake Engagement Photo 65 Years Later. / PHOTOS: Beauty, Monalisa Chinda Ties The Knot With Actor Joseph Benjamin / kissing Without Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.