Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Is My Friend Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Friend Wrong? (2306 Views)

How I Betrayed My Friend By Sleeping With His Sister / My Friend Is In Love With Me... / My Friend Keeps Getting Erections Around Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Friend Wrong? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2013
A friend of mine was dating a girl whom he really loves and has remained faithful to for about two years now, he had the intentions of getting married to her also, but there was no agreement yet. He has spent much in terms of time and finance in the relationship, but due to ladies infidelity, the girl opted out of the relationship to marry a new suitor. My Friend decides to accumulate and sum up all the economic loss he had borne in the relationship to a reasonable sum amounting to 2Million. This he states is the only way he can be settled and happily let the girl go. Is he acting selfish?
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by ohaleoghene(f): 9:39pm On May 15, 2013
Does he want his money back ? Then he never truly loves her . If you truly love people , you don't force them to be with you . If she finds happiness with the other guy, let her go peacefully . Two years together , am sure she gave her time , energy , who knows body , too . He will only be acting immature if he wants his money back . Let him patiently wait for his own woman . When you love people , you don't force them to be with you .

1 Like

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by onyeego(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2013
ohaleoghene: Does he want his money back ? Then he never truly loves her . If you truly love people , you don't force them to be with you . If she finds happiness with the other guy, let her go peacefully . Two years together , am sure she gave her time , energy , who knows body , too . He will only be acting immature if he wants his money back . Let him patiently wait for his own woman . When you love people , you don't force them to be with you .
What r u saying?
D young man deserves compensation, I don't know why most of u think u can eat ur cake and have it.
If u don't have interest in a man steer clear of his money.

What this girl has done is no different from a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2013
ohaleoghene: Does he want his money back ? Then he never truly loves her . If you truly love people , you don't force them to be with you . If she finds happiness with the other guy, let her go peacefully . Two years together , am sure she gave her time , energy , who knows body , too . He will only be acting immature if he wants his money back . Let him patiently wait for his own woman . When you love people , you don't force them to be with you .

Because he loves er, that is why he dont want to hurt her. Yet, he cat be a total loser he insisted!
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Mynd44: 6:20am On May 16, 2013
**in Whizkid's voice**
I'm seeing things
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Lovexme(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2013
Why lead a man on in a relationship when you know you're not that into him? She be heart robber oo grin
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by jmoore(m): 6:51am On May 16, 2013
No money back guarantee in dating.

"Don't build your house on a land you have not paid for"
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by EatmyShorts: 6:56am On May 16, 2013
He is as Wrong as the Sermon most Pastors preach on Sunday.

Come to my Church, i was called of God just this Monday.

I will show you how to defeat Illuminati.
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Mynd44: 7:00am On May 16, 2013
jmoore: No money back guarantee in dating.

"Don't build your house on a land you have not paid for"
Obviously he heard another quote
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by dmcdad: 7:04am On May 16, 2013
Selfishly? No! Foolishly? Yes!

Your friend na complete mugu, correct tozo and a full grown he-goat.

I am very sorry to use the aforementioned to classify him but, his line of action doesn't make sense.

Now, the question is; did they sign a pact that she would reimburse him should she fail to marry him? During the giving process, were receipts issued to prove it? Was he on duress in each of the times he gave out money to her? And was he ever held at gun-point in those times? If one or more of these questions is(are) yes, then I would say he has the right to ask for reimbursement. But, if not, then tell him to not show how foolish he is by blowing this outta proportion cause I guess this was borne outta a mutual act of magnanimosity between the both of them.

Anywayz, leave all those english wey i dey yan. Just tell your guy to lock up abeg. Saying the girl should payback makes him foolish. Abeg advice am...

1 Like

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:25am On May 16, 2013
Yes, most of you may be correct as there was no pact signed, but from his own viewpoint though I had encouraged him to let sleeping dogs lie, yet he had to tell me, that this is not the first time of him being jilted in relationships, that he choose this option to use the money for a brighter business need, he just discovered, since the girl must go. At times, most of us do have similar experiences and we still have the right to act according to our premonition.
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by dmcdad: 7:39am On May 16, 2013
Sunnycliff: Yes, most of you may be correct as there was no pact signed, but from his own viewpoint though I had encouraged him to let sleeping dogs lie, yet he had to tell me, that this is not the first time of him being jilted in relationships, that he choose this option to use the money for a brighter business need, he just discovered, since the girl must go. At times, most of us do have similar experiences and we still have the right to act according to our premonition.
If you are having a premonition about something, why not thread carefully before acting so as not to be on the other side of the road. And for him to have been jilted in past relationships and yet he fell hook, line and sinker for this one, it really means he has a very big problem.
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Mynd44: 7:41am On May 16, 2013
The only refund I know is possible is an engagement ring. But money you spent on her. That one done go bro
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nobody: 7:59am On May 16, 2013
If he was the one that jilted her and got married, will he remember he spent money on her?? Will he ask for refund??

I tot R/ship must not end in marriage, according to some NL guys.

He talks abt his money?? Hahahahaha. So, the lady did not invest anytin in the R/ship, Abi??

Let them come together, to take stock and balance. Then, we will know who will do the refunding.

Op, your friend is wrong. In love you dont count the things you did for your partner.

He shld even wish her well, if he truly love her.

1 Like

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Exponental(m): 9:28am On May 16, 2013
Compensation.......
Be a man, boy!
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by dBard: 10:08am On May 16, 2013
@op, ur friend needs t chill. Attempting t recoup his losses will b regarded as foolishness esp as he did wit d eyes of luv
That said, some girls actually do need t compensate.guys f all d time n wasted investments esp wen dey knw d person is serious abt them. Maybe then all d osho fri choppings will reduce..
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Flygerian1(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2013
***Walks in singing***

Wetin don lost, don lost.
Owo don lost, e don lost.
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Flygerian1(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2013
ohaleoghene: am sure she gave her time , energy , who knows body , too .
Time and energy are understandable. But body? Irrelevant.
They both gave themselves to each other.
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:54pm On May 16, 2013
we knw he can't collect back, a dime! But stop this preaching of craziness abt 'if he truly loves her he will let her go'!

But wen he was chasing her, and he wanted to give up, it is ur type dt will say, 'if u truly love her, u will do everytn to av her. U won't give up like dt' abi?

Keep confusing urself and others, that girl is the reason why many ladies go assassinated!

2 Likes

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
OP, here are my rules

Never start a relationship by spending on a girl, even if she was dying...

Only spend what you can afford to lose... Let there be a limit.

Your most import focus should be you, you you and you, then you can you immediate siblings to the list. That's all.

I remember growing up in the street of Lagos. A man called Ndubisi got a girl from the village ,brought her to Lagos and sponsored her eductaion up to Uni... Of course that is more than 2 million the OP spent. What happened, the girl one day told the man that she cant marry him. She even brought her boyfriend to thank him and introduced him as the guy she wants to marry...

This should be a lesson for guys out there.

Love ko, Sorrow ni! To hell with love... Fvck and change them like cloths. Damn it!
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Mynd44: 1:20pm On May 16, 2013
Flygerian.:
***Walks in singing***

Wetin don lost, don lost.
Owo don lost, e don lost.
He went into a business venture and came back short. Now he is cry foul(fowl and chicken)

small pikins
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by dmcdad: 1:27pm On May 16, 2013
2s£xy:
OP, here are my rules

Your most import focus should be you, you you and you, then you can you immediate siblings to the list. That's all.

I remember growing up in the street of Lagos. A man called Ndubisi got a girl from the village ,brought her to Lagos and sponsored her eductaion up to Uni... Of course that is more than 2 million the OP spent. What happened, the girl one day told the man that she cant marry him. She even brought her boyfriend to thank him and introduced him as the guy she wants to marry...

Love ko, Sorrow ni! To hell with love... Fvck and change them like cloths. Damn it!
shocked
2s£xy:
OP, here are my rules

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by malaria(f): 1:32pm On May 16, 2013
So he had such amount of money,why didn't he use the 2m 2 marry the girl so he will knw he spent it on his wife. Mtcheeeeeeewm Maga 2 9th
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2013
Well, a sad lesson for my friend to bear. But, when two people are in love jilting out without a just mutual course, is it fair?
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 16, 2013
Humans are generally selfish. Tell him that 2sexy said so and he should always factor that in his next relationship... And so that he does not end up being the fish sold at the market.

Sunnycliff: Well, a sad lesson for my friend to bear. But, when two people are in love jilting out without a just mutual course, is it fair?
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 16, 2013
Nonsense post. Refund kor refund ni na market?
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by prosper86: 5:25pm On May 16, 2013
;DHehehe,I dey lafff ooo.owo jono,what is lost is lost.guy forget d 2milla
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by pavorikoko: 6:24pm On May 16, 2013
onye ego:
What r u saying?
D young man deserves compensation, I don't know why most of u think u can eat ur cake and have it.
If u don't have interest in a man steer clear of his money.

What this girl has done is no different from a scammer.
IF you have interest in a woman steer clear of her body....
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nnekacherry: 6:53pm On May 16, 2013
That guy should move on already..
Unless he wants to show everybody how foolish and shallow he is..

1 Like

Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Pdizzle(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2013
scrap dat bitch fast
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by overdrive(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2013
If d thing too vex am he shld invest in a pistol and book a space at kirikiri. Next topic pls
Re: Is My Friend Wrong? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 16, 2013
2s£xy:
OP, here are my rules

Love ko, Sorrow ni! To hell with love... [size=14pt]Fvck and change them like cloths.[/size] Damn it!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Opposite Of Woman Wrapper{ing}? / The Good,the Bad And The Ugly Of Dating Smallies! / Have You Really Been In Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.