Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn (2891 Views)

Ambode Will Consolidate On The Achievements Of Fashola- Oladunjoye / Breaking:ogun PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate,oladunjoye, Set To Decamp To CPC / Jonathan Is Weak –bishop Oladunjoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2013
musiwa26: In place like borno , yobe, jigawa, sokoto, adamawa ,kebbi, zamfara, plateau,kaduna, kano, jigawa they should allow the children to wear hijab. because of climate condition. they have to have hijab on to protect them from sand..

Until you realize that hijab is not just a piece of cloth for a particular place/time/people but a religious obligatory for all Muslims (except the old). Replying you will be a waste of time.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 16, 2013
Nigeria claims secular but too much religion bs for the country!

Muslims are difficult people to work with, carrot and stick approach is usually the best method of working with them!

Government can create a seperate public muslim school to accomodate the hijab wearing girls who can't afford private school and whose parents will throw bombs if you ask them not to wear the covering.

But, a conventional public school should be absent of all forms of religious affiliations!
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 8:24pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

Until you realize that hijab is not just a piece of cloth for a particular place/time/people but a religious obligatory for all Muslims (except the old). Replying you will be a waste of time.

What exactly is your grouse with private muslim schools?

Why do you not want muslim students to attend them?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 8:35pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

What exactly is your grouse with private muslim schools?

Why do you not want muslim students to attend them?

I have nothing whatsoever against private Muslim schools. You just have to know that public schools should be for everybody and also, not everybody can afford to pay the bills. Nobody wishes to send his/her ward(s) to the current public schools we have if they are financially buoyant.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by kross01(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2013
@ siddiq202 and the rest of you screaming for rights for muslims to wear hijab in public schools, do you know that as far back as 2004 france(despite having the highest number of muslims in the western world) did ban hijab wearing in public schools? And its even a crime wearing the full face covering scarf(burka/niqab) anywia in france? How many heads rolled in france when those laws were enacted? You lot should please learn to be tolerant of others. If all religous insignias are allowed in public schools dont you think the schools will look rowdy as everyone will rightfully represent his/her religous group?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2013
kross_01: @ siddiq202 and the rest of you screaming for rights for muslims to wear hijab in public schools, do you know that as far back as 2004 france(despite having the highest number of muslims in the western world) did ban hijab wearing in public schools? And its even a crime wearing the full face covering scarf(burka/niqab) anywia in france? How many heads rolled in france when those laws were enacted? You lot should please learn to be tolerant of others. If all religous insignias are allowed in public schools dont you think the schools will look rowdy as everyone will rightfully represent his/her religous group?

It's now a standard because france banned the use of hijab in schools Did you also know that despite few number of Muslims in the UK, the use of hijab in schools is allowed

Abeg expatiate the bold, I know too sabi english.

By definition, the word tolerate means:
1. Allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
2. Accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.

Don't you think you are contradicting yourself
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by kross01(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

It's now a standard because france banned the use of hijab in schools Did you also know that despite few number of Muslims in the UK, the use of hijab in schools are allowed

Abeg expatiate the bold I know too sabi english.

By definition tolerate means:
1. Allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
2. Accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.

Don't you think you are contradicting yourself
if we are to allow the open display of religion in public schools, ur faith might tomorrow be in jeopardy as my own religous belief and things i hold sacred may be taboo to your beliefs. What do you think will happen if say tomorrow a snake worshipper sues the government that he/she is not allowed to bring his sacred religous item(snake in this case) to a public school, will you openly still stand behind him in defence of his right this way? I only made reference to france for you so you'll know that it didnt start with nigeria or lagos at that.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 9:12pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

One thing you can ALWAYS count on a muslim to do is lose all sense of reasoning and persuasion when it comes to their religion. So how is it our problem or task to help your practice your PRIVATE religion?

Which part of PUBLIC don't you understand? Practice your PRIVATE religion in private. Spare us the melodrama in PUBLIC schools. Is that too hard to grasp?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 9:18pm On May 16, 2013
kross_01: if we are to allow the open display of religion in public schools, ur faith might tomorrow be in jeopardy as my own religous belief and things i hold sacred may be taboo to your beliefs. What do you think will happen if say tomorrow a snake worshipper sues the government that he/she is not allowed to bring his sacred religous item(snake in this case) to a public school, will you openly still stand behind him in defence of his right this way? I only made reference to france for you so you'll know that it didnt start with nigeria or lagos at that.

That is what they fail to realize. How does your religious tenets affect me? Nigeria is a secular state.

The BH issue today started from these so-called "little" little accommodations, then we had sharia law in some states. Ultimately even that wasn't enough. Now they want it in the entire country and the cessation of western education. And since we have refused, it has become outright WAR! Am I the only one that is tired of these muslims and how they always want special privileges?

NIGERIA IS A SECULAR STATE. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS!
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2013
kross_01: if we are to allow the open display of religion in public schools, ur faith might tomorrow be in jeopardy as my own religous belief and things i hold sacred may be taboo to your beliefs. What do you think will happen if say tomorrow a snake worshipper sues the government that he/she is not allowed to bring his sacred religous item(snake in this case) to a public school, will you openly still stand behind him in defence of his right this way? I only made reference to france for you so you'll know that it didnt start with nigeria or lagos at that.

If what he/she wants to bring to public school wouldn't harm my child/children just like in the case of hijab in which if a Muslim uses it wouldn't harm your own or anybody Else's child.
Note that I will not be in support neither will I be against, I will leave him with the government to sort it out, just like MSSN is currently doing. I would simply say "For you is your religion, and for me is mine.".

1 Like

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by kross01(m): 9:32pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

If what he/she wants to bring to public school wouldn't harm my child/children just like in the case of hijab in which if a Muslim uses it wouldn't harm your own or anybody Else's child.
Note that I will not be in support neither will I be against, I will leave him with the government to sort it out, just like MSSN is currently doing. I would simply say "For you is your religion, and for me is mine.".

the bolded is what i believe you should have done in the present situation and not taking sides because you are a muslim & your religion is affected. Now please i need you to get something well understood, the government is not banning hijabs because it harms anybody but because of an ugly precedence it would set out if they start allowing it now. Cos if you allow hijab today, tomorrow u'll also allow a traditionalist to hang his cowries or other fetish thhngs around his neck to school and the rest of it. Be broad in looking at this bro
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2013
kross_01:
the bolded is what i believe you should have done in the present situation and not taking sides because you are a muslim & your religion is affected. Now please i need you to get something well understood, the government is not banning hijabs because it harms anybody but because of an ugly precedence it would set out if they start allowing it now. Cos if you allow hijab today, tomorrow u'll also allow a traditionalist to hang his cowries or other fetish thhngs around his neck to school and the rest of it. Be broad in looking at this bro

Like I said earlier
siddiq202:
Shebi na democracy we dey use for Nigeria? Let's wait and see what the court judgment will be
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 9:46pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

I have nothing whatsoever against private Muslim schools. You just have to know that public schools should be for everybody and also, not everybody can afford to pay the bills. Nobody wishes to send his/her ward(s) to the current public schools we have if they are financially buoyant.

if you cant afford to attend a private muslim school, then learn to accept the inconveniences that come with being with people of different backgrounds, in a public arena.

one of those inconveniences [for you] is being tolerant of others and respecting their decision to accommodate you by not also wearing what they feel like.

now, would you be comfortable sitting in class and somebody's wrapper which she is wearing, needs to be retied, and she gives you a full view of her chest area while doing so.

will that infuriate you or what. But she also has a right to wear her traditional clothing, does she not.

let me know your opinion, thanks.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2013
^^^ Your argument does not hold water. What you guys are comparing this case to doesn't just add up.

At first, you compared it with what is happening at Nassarawa. Now you are asking me if I would be comfortable with someone showing me her chest while she reties her wrapper

Aba! you can do better undecided
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 9:55pm On May 16, 2013
^yes or no answer will suffice, thanks.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 9:56pm On May 16, 2013
our traditional clothes required by our culture and religion:

no blouse, no bra and yes, the wrapper needs retying every so often.

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:01pm On May 16, 2013
^^^ Miss/Mrs dont forget that you are having a discussion with a Nigerian.

What is your proof to show that it's a taboo for a lady to wear something else
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 10:06pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202: ^^^ Miss/Mrs dont forget that you are having a discussion with a Nigerian.

What is your proof that it's a taboo for a lady to wear something else

No one gives a rat's azz about your taboos. Keep your religion private and stop imposing it on the public! What effrontery! Taboo ko, Fela's pant ni. All the muslim girls that don't wear it, are they dead? Or are they less than humans?

Unless you can prove that if muslim girls don't wear it they'll die or something terrible will happen to them, then your argument doesn't hold water either. You can take it and stuff it.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by ayusco: 10:07pm On May 16, 2013
Like some pple hav said its about precedence. For instance if someone comes to school with a snake or scorpion as a religious symbol based on siddiq's argument it has to be allowed cos all religious rights have to be respected. So even if someone wears a necklace made of pork to school and sits beside a hijab wearing muslim Don't complain if he or she says its his/her belief to wear pork.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:

No one gives a rat's azz about your taboos. Keep your religion private and stop imposing it on the public! What effrontery! Taboo ko, Fela's pant ni. All the muslim girls that don't wear it, are they dead? Or are they less than humans?

Unless you can prove that if muslim girls don't wear it they'll die or something terrible will happen to them, then your argument doesn't hold water either. You can take it and stuff it.

Don't worry, rumour has it that JAMB will remark and reduce the cut off mark. You will be busy before the year runs out.
For now it's your bed time.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:11pm On May 16, 2013
ayusco: Like some pple hav said its about precedence. For instance if someone comes to school with a snake or scorpion as a religious symbol based on siddiq's argument it has to be allowed cos all religious rights have to be respected. So even if someone wears a necklace made of pork to school and sits beside a hijab wearing muslim Don't complain if he or she says its his/her belief to wear pork.

If by any means you missed my reply, this is another opportunity to read it again.

siddiq202:

Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 10:12pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202: ^^^ Miss/Mrs dont forget that you are having a discussion with a Nigerian.

What is your proof to show that it's a taboo for a lady to wear something else

just reminding you we all have clothes we are required to wear by our religion, seems you forgot.

as per taboo, the burden of proof is on you, not me.

so, direct your question at yourself.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 10:14pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

If by any means you missed my reply, this is another opportunity to read it again.

so, you wont have a problem if this meat dress is made of pork and someone decides to make it their school uniform:

just asking.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2013
^^ I seriously don't get what you are driving at.

What about leaving it for court to decide since the case is in the court?
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 10:16pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202:

Don't worry, rumour has it that JAMB will remark and reduce the cut off mark. You will be busy before the year runs out.
For now it's your bed time.

Olodo with narrow thinking. So we must all live in Nigeria with the same timezone to be on NL? So your taboo has no proof abi? Can you shut up now? grin grin grin
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by tpia5: 10:17pm On May 16, 2013
siddiq202: ^^ I seriously don't get what you are driving at.

What about leaving it for court to decide since the case is in the court?

you're the one arguing here, not me.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:27pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Olodo with narrow thinking. So we must all live in Nigeria with the same timezone to be on NL? So your taboo has no proof abi? Can you shut up now? grin grin grin

I'm not good at this, I must have touched some nerves. I apologize
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:28pm On May 16, 2013
tpia@:

you're the one arguing here, not me.
let's leave it like that then
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by ayusco: 10:36pm On May 16, 2013
Like tpia said if the courts should decide y r u here raising dust? About the hijab being of no harm yes u can say that but an atheist(as much as I Don't agree with their views) can argue that a PUBLIC school is not a religious institution n feels discriminated against if he/she sees religious symbolls all over the place especially in a non religious setting
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by Paschal007: 10:50pm On May 16, 2013
You all got jokes. grin At the end of the day they'll still be allowed to wear their hijab. Is it me or this title just too sensational? 'Lied to the whole World'? Please don't flatter yourself. grin
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by NeoXVI: 10:53pm On May 16, 2013
Paschal007: You all got jokes. grin At the end of the day they'll still be allowed to wear their hijab. Is it me or this title just too sensational? 'Lied to the whole World'? Please don't flatter yourself. grin

No mind the cows. Always wanting to be treated differently and given special privileges cos of the same religion that has done more harm than good to this world. Abegi make we hear word.
Re: Hijab Ban: Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World! -mssn by siddiq202(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2013
@ayusco To answer your first question, I'm here to let people know that the commissioner lied that muslim students representatives attended the meeting has earlier reported and also to inform people that the case is currently in the court.

To other questions, check my earlier replies, you will see the ones that will answer them.

Nuff said!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike, Patience Jonathan Loot, Paralyze Nddc:agency Can’t Pay Salaries / $700 Million Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Minister’s House / Wike's Victory- A Harbinger Of Doom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.