Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144801 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Osholu: 4:00am On Jun 28, 2014
This is why some people would never trust e-business deals.There are lots of genuine sellers and buyers.just take time and pain to find them.dats all.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Osholu: 4:04am On Jun 28, 2014
I called a guy I met on olx the moment he started talking abt being a custom officer,that was d same moment he confirmed my worst fears.I followed the call thru but never contacted him afterwards.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by erayobarry(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
You have said it all, it's greed and total ignorance that makes them fall prey to scammers.

Good job!

Information is power!
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by MacLovington(m): 3:33am On Jul 10, 2014
Osholu: I called a guy I met on olx the moment he started talking abt being a custom officer,that was d same moment he confirmed my worst fears.I followed the call thru but never contacted him afterwards.

Very many on olx! Experience.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by goldendiamond(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
tanx inspired. I almost got scammed too. I received an email of list of car prices in march. the guy said they were auction vehicles seized by custom that he is an agent and its genuine. we met at his office some where at igando. he had about 4cars parked as evidence.
RAV 4 at 350k
XTERRA at 450k
MATRIX at 350k
CROSSTOUR at 600k

I opted for the rav4 then he said people av deposited for the four displayed that I should choose another one on the list.to my surprise I saw BMW X5 at 600k. as a lover of bmw immediately I called my wife to send funds she was so happy. the guy said I should deposit 100k so he can start the processing and I can come back to balance 500k. told him I cant deposit that I will rather buy the rav4 if the x5 is not available. he persuaded me then I told him to wait let me get to the bank. as I drove off a young lady stopd me that she has been watchn me from afar; she said the guy is a scammer with the backin of omo oniles & area boys. I thanked her & started laughin at myself
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by olanshi: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
goldendiamond: tanx inspired. I almost got scammed too. I received an email of list of car prices in march. the guy said they were auction vehicles seized by custom that he is an agent and its genuine. we met at his office some where at igando. he had about 4cars parked as evidence.
RAV 4 at 350k
XTERRA at 450k
MATRIX at 350k
CROSSTOUR at 600k

I opted for the rav4 then he said people av deposited for the four displayed that I should choose another one on the list.to my surprise I saw BMW X5 at 600k. as a lover of bmw immediately I called my wife to send funds she was so happy. the guy said I should deposit 100k so he can start the processing and I can come back to balance 500k. told him I cant deposit that I will rather buy the rav4 if the x5 is not available. he persuaded me then I told him to wait let me get to the bank. as I drove off a young lady stopd me that she has been watchn me from afar; she said the guy is a scammer with the backin of omo oniles & area boys. I thanked her & started laughin at myself

OMG! You met him in person? Definitely they have gone PLC! Have you made any report to the police about this, he should have a better explanation when the authority lay hands on him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by larryshow4(m): 3:20am On Jul 17, 2014
goldendiamond: tanx inspired. I almost got scammed too. I received an email of list of car prices in march. the guy said they were auction vehicles seized by custom that he is an agent and its genuine. we met at his office some where at igando. he had about 4cars parked as evidence.
RAV 4 at 350k
XTERRA at 450k
MATRIX at 350k
CROSSTOUR at 600k

Never go ahead with anything in life without making detailed inquiry or asking others, They gave you a price they knew you would jump at.... Lol, you very lucky your guiding Angel was close by trying to make you stay lucky. wink
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by davelinks25: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
[/color]Haaa..oga ooo, Naija sha, people claim to be brainy but one thing they are forgetting is that we are the same, can you believe this site try to scam me www.nigeriacustomsauction.com, with the so called auctioning procedure, I was been asked to pay 30% of the prize of a car I saw at olx.com. Ibeg people tell where dem dey do dat kind thing. This sites are SCAMS www.nigeriacustomsauction.com and this info@nigeriacustomsauction.com. So people this is a big scam ooo. Don't fall for it oo. The Nigeria Customs which is a federal agency will never ask you to pay any amount with even any facial contact. Please be careful. And auctioning is not something just any body can get into. I included there scam page to this post. [color=#990000]Haaa..oga ooo, Naija sha, people claim to be brainy but one thing they are forgetting is that we are the same, can you believe this site try to scam me www.nigeriacustomsauction.com, with the so called auctioning procedure, I was been asked to pay 30% of the prize of a car I saw at olx.com. Ibeg people tell where dem dey do dat kind thing. This sites are SCAMS www.nigeriacustomsauction.com and this info@nigeriacustomsauction.com. So people this is a big scam ooo. Don't fall for it oo. The Nigeria Customs which is a federal agency will never ask you to pay any amount with even any facial contact. Please be careful. And auctioning is not something just any body can get into. I included there scam page to this post. Haaa..oga ooo, Naija sha, people claim to be brainy but one thing they are forgetting is that we are the same, can you believe this site try to scam me www.nigeriacustomsauction.com, with the so called auctioning procedure, I was been asked to pay 30% of the prize of a car I saw at olx.com. Ibeg people tell where dem dey do dat kind thing. This sites are SCAMS www.nigeriacustomsauction.com and this info@nigeriacustomsauction.com. So people this is a big scam ooo. Don't fall for it oo. The Nigeria Customs which is a federal agency will never ask you to pay any amount with even any facial contact. Please be careful. And auctioning is not something just any body can get into. I included there scam page to this post.

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by shagaman: 12:55am On Jul 21, 2014
One needs to visit olx to have a feel of desperate scammers....shey thief dey thief thief....why cant people do business genuinely in this country
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by ControG(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2014
These scammers re still very much around. Let buyers beware
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Kennyel: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2014
I even received a message from a person unknown to paste some cars auction ads on my website: http://www.kennyelmusic.com for a certain amount.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by gazmann(m): 5:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Walk down to a car garage what ur money can buy take it and go.
Bostin: Pls advice me on how I can buy my car that is now on auction list of Nigeria customs , any genuine contact or help pls
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by rafkaz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lol, people then will still fall till tomorrow! Bcoz 99% nigeria dem be Mugu!!!
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by DRealGeesam(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
RAV 4 at 350k
XTERRA at 450k
MATRIX at 350k
CROSSTOUR at 600k

This is serious.
Why hasnt anyone reported him to the police? angry
Glad you escaped.
I almost fell victim myself, but he (the scammer) killed it when he asked me to come to kebbi to inspect the car because i was in lagos. I immediately know something was fishy when he couldnt give me the address of the Lagos Customs office.
Lesson: don't be cheap

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
omoredia: get a nairaland ad banner

Kindly send details to jelad.ventures@yahoo.co.uk or 08062948193,thanks.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by omoredia: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
saintjoel:

Kindly send details to jelad.ventures@yahoo.co.uk or 08062948193,thanks.

Pls forward a call
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by femmy2010(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2014
practicalclass: Some advertise Custom's seized vehichles for sale on 'comment' section of some online Newspaper (Vanguard and Premium Time). The advert says to contact Custom's marketing division if interested. Pls whats up with this people?
Cos i hv concluded that they are scammers.

They are scammers so RUNNNNNNNNN.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by practicalclass: 3:25am On Aug 26, 2014
femmy2010:

They are scammers so RUNNNNNNNNN.

Thank you. These days, car prices seem to be dropping. is it a normal phenomenon or a way to get to sell car fasts. I'm looking for a low key car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.