Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party (16507 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? / Are Men Of God Good Role Models? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 2:31am On Oct 07, 2013
thehomer:
The Bible implies it with its contents. Anyone who can read and think can see this basic fact even if you're unwilling or unable to see it.
Kindly show us where the Bible implies that God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell. Billions of literates did not come to such a conclusion, kindly show us the verse that implies this basic fact. thanks.

You should check out Brahma's word and the Qur'an. They tell you that at the very least, your God had nothing to do with anything.
Secondly, your God knows very little about humans that is why he thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, that there was a flood and he didn't know about Australia and the Americas. How can a God create the world and not know what it contains?
The Bible says it so well, better and more correct and current than any other book. great men every where cannot do without the Bible, it is a MUST HAVE, and most read and study for every knowledgeable person in every generation. You cannot compare with yourself or wannabes who do not know much about humanity and who have not made the claims that the most High has made. None has given so great salvation as the Only wise God.
You come with yet another attempt to distract issues as usual. Humour me, kindly show where God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, he didn't know about Australia and the Americas. i guess you are assuming as usual. Do you smoke?

This is the creed of the Congregational Church; that is, it is the result of the high-joint commission appointed to draw up a creed for churches; and there we have the statement that the bible was written "by men, under the special guidance of the Holy Spirit." What part of the bible? All of it; all of it; and yet what is this old testament that was written by an infinitely good God? The being who wrote it did not know the shape of the world He had made. The being who wrote it knew nothing of human nature; He commands men to love Him, as if one could love upon command. The same God upheld the institution of human slavery; and the church says the bible that upholds that institution was written by men under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Then I disagree with the Holy Ghost upon that institution.
- Ingersoll's Lecture on "Orthodoxy"
What is the shape of the earth, and what shape did God call it? Kindly state the Bible passage.

Yes. We know of his influence in wars and support of slavery. That is why people must work to nullify the effects of this mythical entity.
You will need to work hard, very hard. The biggest wars and crimes have being committed by atheists like Stalin and Hitler, and other such unbelievers. The writings of folks like Nietzche influenced nazi behaviour and their value for human life. The results are plain for all to see in their death camps.
What is slavery? Last time i checked, the treatments God recommended for slaves was so good some slaves made decisions to live under their masters forever. Many positions and situations today are much worse than the slavery that obtained in the Bible. Abraham's slave would feed many of my countrymen for instance. You need to update yourself on the new testament God sent to man. Slavery was a worldwide event, not something that God brought or started. Many of the abolitionists were christians, you are late as usual. You're just waking up to a civilisation that was already preached in scriptures thousands of years ago. Tell me three good things you are fighting for that is not already commanded by God? Plagiarism of ideas and values.

Oh? So we've gone from the Bible containing wrong information to "wrong information of importance". Therefore, it actually does contain some wrong information though we may disagree on whether or not that wrong information is important. I think they are important.
Oh? You found it to be true that the Noah's flood story is true? That the Adam story is true? That the talking donkey and dead people walking round a city, Jonah and the fish are all true? Please how did you find all this to be true?
Billions of people have been wrong and misinformed.
When i say wrong information of importance, i refer to what you may call a contradiction like is found in the case of numbers; for instance, there may be a record that states 8 while the real thing is 18. those are the kind of information that i called wrong information having no importance. All that is necessary to our salvation and to the average human are intact, accurate, and more current than tomorrow's discovery.
i found the Bible to be true in its accurate description of the human, the world, evil and good. i found it to be true in the solutions that it offered. The solution for sin, for peace, for prosperity, for healing etc. Billions of people have seen God as a source of hope, joy, turning a disadvantage into an advantage. they have found it so, and so have i.

If it would embarrass me, why don't you show it to them for me?
i do not know your fellows for starters. Then i love you, remember? i do not want you embarrassed but saved.

Taking antibiotics is also killing. So is killing in self-defense, defense of someone you care about and miscarriages. Do you support any of them?
Good, your initial argument was that humans were not being killed. You avoided the word, but used 'termination'. Now, i have shown you that abortion is killing, and we are referring to humans here, living things. You support the annual killing of millions of humans in the name of abortion. But you cry foul if God should try less than a tenth of that in Amalek.

Well then God was lying when he commanded the killing of those children and infants. Unless you think killing children is a sign of love. I guess the account below is another sign of God's love.
Oh, but you said God hates atheists. You made that accusation without any proof, then i showed you that God loves you.

I find in this bible that there was an old gentleman a little short of the article of hair. And as he was going through the town a number of little children cried out to him "Go up, thou bald head!" And this man of God turned and cursed them. A real good-humored old fellow! And two bears came out of the woods and tore in pieces forty-two children! How did the bears get there? Elisha could not control the bears. Nobody but God could control the bears in that way. Now just think of an infinite God making a shining star, having his attention attracted by hearing some children saying to an old gentlemen, "Go up, thou bald head!" and then speaking to his secretary or somebody else, "Bring in a couple of bears now!" What a magnificent God! What would the devil have done under the same circumstances? And yet that is the God they want to put into the constitution in order to make our children gentle and kind and loving.
- Ingersoll's Lecture on "How the Gods Grow"
Yeah, it is another sign of God's love. i find it strange how you do not see anything wrong in the actions of more than 42 youths mocking a old and respected prophet without provocation. Is that how you smile sheepishly when your loved young ones mock you, if they do? What did you expect, a pat on the back? When you mock a man the calibre of Elisha, be prepared for correction the calibre of Elisha.
Gala 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Doesn't look that way to me.
Many things look awkward with you, like preaching for Brahma without accepting Brahma.

I talked about the meanings of the words contained in those books.
They are found in those books.

Sorry you feel touchy with tit for tat. If you have lived underground, you will not be ignorant of what a scrafadoo is. You can go spend like 6 months in a recommended place. You'll never remain the same.
Do you know what a rural area is? Have you ever lived in one?

Do you have several virgins at your disposal? Allah does. Do you have Nirvana? Brahma is offering it to you. Your God has nothing important to offer me that I do not already have.
You are shy to tell us on what authority you stated that The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so if you have Nirvana or will get, then you're following Brahma (who is even more powerful than your God).
God is offering you Heaven, eternal life, salvation from sin, redemption, cleansing, deliverance, rest etc. You do not have any of these, yet they are things humans look for, not unimportant and esoteric stuff.

Yes I know what it means. Do you? Because if you think the Bible offers irrefutable proof, then you don't know what that word means.
Irrefutable means undeniable, convincing, certain. These are things that i have shown you of God's purpose for creating humans. You have dwelt on assumptions, maybes and 'implyings'.
The Bible states that God created man with the purpose of praising Him, showing forth glory, dominion and victory, multiplying and replenishing. i have shown Bible passages that CERTAINLY say this. You have been unable to show any verse that tell us that God's purpose is A or B, you have only being making assumptions and quoting an assuming Ingersoll.

You do realize that the Pharisees and Sadducees were Jews and the didn't believe him right?
Secondly, I see you've ignored the passage where the Bible commands you to kill members of your own family if they worship another God. How wrong do you have to be before you abandon your misinformation?
you said that what jews taught was different from what the Jews believe, and i told you that the disciples were jews and they believed Him. Thousands of jews believed Him.
Secondly, Jesus did not worship another God, contrary to what you and Ingersoll are saying. Ingersoll hastily concluded or assumed that Jesus worshipped another God. He was wrong, as you can see. Your pride and blind slavery to Ingersoll's thoughts may keep you from accepting this fact though. Think for yourself man.

You support God's killing of 1 in 4 babies every year from miscarriages that aren't yours.
You support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours. If God kills 1 in 4 babies every year, they are His! But He does not. Miscarriage is an involuntary ending of a pregnancy through the discharge of the fetus from the womb at too early a stage in its development for it to survive.
Muse on that word 'involuntary'.

The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so you do not have Nirvana.
But God gave me nirvana long before i ever heard of Brahma. Do you have nirvana? i already told you that i do, so your saying i don't is a waste of internet space.

You have no issues with God choosing to kill babies. Fertilized eggs and bacteria are living things.

Yes, i have no issues with God. You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies, do you? Aborted babies are humans.

So Jesus didn't do any of those things? Wasn't he killed? Yet you persist in your ridiculous ignorance? What a shame.
Your God is evil.
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of in Jerusalem. You do not understand that? You and Ingersoll were caught wrong yet again. Always try to verify information for yourself, you need some independence. Jesus did not do all the things Ingersoll claimed He did IN Jerusalem. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? Ingersoll said "if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight." Don't be the usual armchair internet critic. Take the effort to go to the crusades, see things for your self, interview the testifiers etc. Don't just sit oneplace nodding to every CO2 coming out of Ingersoll and Russell or youtube. Wake up to reality. God is good, He is your Creator.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
Image123:
Kindly show us where the Bible implies that God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell. Billions of literates did not come to such a conclusion, kindly show us the verse that implies this basic fact. thanks.

The verses that talk about most of the people on earth going to hell imply this basic fact. You're welcome.

Image123:
The Bible says it so well, better and more correct and current than any other book. great men every where cannot do without the Bible, it is a MUST HAVE, and most read and study for every knowledgeable person in every generation. You cannot compare with yourself or wannabes who do not know much about humanity and who have not made the claims that the most High has made. None has given so great salvation as the Only wise God.

The Bible says and recommends so many terrible things that you're unable to see because of your the God glasses you have on. No I cannot compare myself to the sorts of evil actions and activities your God has recommended to be carried out.

Image123:
You come with yet another attempt to distract issues as usual. Humour me, kindly show where God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, he didn't know about Australia and the Americas. i guess you are assuming as usual. Do you smoke?

He thought it could hold 2 of every animal or didn't you know that too? No he didn't. Or can you show me anywhere in the Bible that he mentioned those lands? Do you inject yourself with liquefied cow dung?

Image123:
What is the shape of the earth, and what shape did God call it? Kindly state the Bible passage.

The earth is spherical. Your God thought it was flat as can be inferred from this passage.

NIV:
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. - Matthew 4:8

Image123:
You will need to work hard, very hard. The biggest wars and crimes have being committed by atheists like Stalin and Hitler, and other such unbelievers. The writings of folks like Nietzche influenced nazi behaviour and their value for human life. The results are plain for all to see in their death camps.

Hitler wasn't an atheist. And what you've said makes no more sense than saying that the biggest war crimes have been committed by people with hair. Please can you quote Nietzche recommending death camps?

Image123:
What is slavery? Last time i checked, the treatments God recommended for slaves was so good some slaves made decisions to live under their masters forever. Many positions and situations today are much worse than the slavery that obtained in the Bible. Abraham's slave would feed many of my countrymen for instance. You need to update yourself on the new testament God sent to man. Slavery was a worldwide event, not something that God brought or started. Many of the abolitionists were christians, you are late as usual. You're just waking up to a civilisation that was already preached in scriptures thousands of years ago. Tell me three good things you are fighting for that is not already commanded by God? Plagiarism of ideas and values.

You must be a joker. Holding a person hostage by holding keeping their family is a good thing? No wonder you're unable to tell right from wrong. Slavery being worldwide doesn't make it right for your God to recommend it. Many of the abolitionists weren't Christians too and many of the slave holders were Christians. God never commanded a freedom of religious worship, he never commanded freedom of thought, he never commanded a freedom from slavery.

Image123:
When i say wrong information of importance, i refer to what you may call a contradiction like is found in the case of numbers; for instance, there may be a record that states 8 while the real thing is 18. those are the kind of information that i called wrong information having no importance. All that is necessary to our salvation and to the average human are intact, accurate, and more current than tomorrow's discovery.
i found the Bible to be true in its accurate description of the human, the world, evil and good. i found it to be true in the solutions that it offered. The solution for sin, for peace, for prosperity, for healing etc. Billions of people have seen God as a source of hope, joy, turning a disadvantage into an advantage. they have found it so, and so have i.

Billions of people find solace and joy in drinking alcohol. Still doesn't make that the best approach. How about what was created first? Humans or animals or plants? Is that information of importance? Is Jesus' genealogy information of importance? If you can just declare anything you don't like information of little importance, then I may as well say it generally contains information of little importance.

Image123:
i do not know your fellows for starters. Then i love you, remember? i do not want you embarrassed but saved.

Embarrassing me will be a step in saving me.

Image123:
Good, your initial argument was that humans were not being killed. You avoided the word, but used 'termination'. Now, i have shown you that abortion is killing, and we are referring to humans here, living things. You support the annual killing of millions of humans in the name of abortion. But you cry foul if God should try less than a tenth of that in Amalek.

I never said abortion wasn't killing. I also notice that you're not against killing living things so why do you complain when I show you that your God is perfectly happy killing living things and people?

Image123:
Oh, but you said God hates atheists. You made that accusation without any proof, then i showed you that God loves you.

Will God be sending them to hell? Will you send someone you love to hell? You never showed me that God loves atheists, you merely say that he does.

Image123:
Yeah, it is another sign of God's love. i find it strange how you do not see anything wrong in the actions of more than 42 youths mocking a old and respected prophet without provocation. Is that how you smile sheepishly when your loved young ones mock you, if they do? What did you expect, a pat on the back? When you mock a man the calibre of Elisha, be prepared for correction the calibre of Elisha.
Gala 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

So if someone mocks you, you'll show them your love by making a bear kill them all? What a strange notion of love you have.

Image123:
Many things look awkward with you, like preaching for Brahma without accepting Brahma.

I'm not preaching, I'm simply showing you that you've not considered the option of Brahma.

Image123:
They are found in those books.

Where does your Bible define "temperance"?

Image123:
Do you know what a rural area is? Have you ever lived in one?

Do you know what the underground is? Have you ever lived there?

Image123:
You are shy to tell us on what authority you stated that The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so if you have Nirvana or will get, then you're following Brahma (who is even more powerful than your God).
God is offering you Heaven, eternal life, salvation from sin, redemption, cleansing, deliverance, rest etc. You do not have any of these, yet they are things humans look for, not unimportant and esoteric stuff.

I'm simply reporting what Brahma offers to you. Take it or leave it.
I don't want what your God is selling because they're unimportant. You should focus on important stuff like Nirvana.

Image123:
Irrefutable means undeniable, convincing, certain. These are things that i have shown you of God's purpose for creating humans. You have dwelt on assumptions, maybes and 'implyings'.
The Bible states that God created man with the purpose of praising Him, showing forth glory, dominion and victory, multiplying and replenishing. i have shown Bible passages that CERTAINLY say this. You have been unable to show any verse that tell us that God's purpose is A or B, you have only being making assumptions and quoting an assuming Ingersoll.

Then you don't know what irrefutable means because the claims that snakes and donkeys spoke human languages to humans, humans lived in fish, dead people walked round a city are refutable claims.
The Bible implies that your God created man to send most of these humans to hell for eternity.

Image123:
you said that what jews taught was different from what the Jews believe, and i told you that the disciples were jews and they believed Him. Thousands of jews believed Him.

What Jesus taught was different from what most Jews believed and most Jews did not believe him.

Image123:
Secondly, Jesus did not worship another God, contrary to what you and Ingersoll are saying. Ingersoll hastily concluded or assumed that Jesus worshipped another God. He was wrong, as you can see. Your pride and blind slavery to Ingersoll's thoughts may keep you from accepting this fact though. Think for yourself man.

I said Jesus taught something different and he said people should worship him and he is a different God. I see that you're once more demonstrating your difficulty in reading and understanding simple passages. Your refusal to even think a bit reveals how you can hold these contradictory ideas and not find the contradictions. Think for yourself man.

Image123:
You support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours. If God kills 1 in 4 babies every year, they are His! But He does not. Miscarriage is an involuntary ending of a pregnancy through the discharge of the fetus from the womb at too early a stage in its development for it to survive.
Muse on that word 'involuntary'.

It is involuntary for the mother not for your God. No, humans are not for God to kill. You support your God killing 1 in every 4 pregnancies.

Image123:
But God gave me nirvana long before i ever heard of Brahma. Do you have nirvana? i already told you that i do, so your saying i don't is a waste of internet space.

Unless you worship Brahma, you cannot have Nirvana so, do you worship Brahma? I've already told you that you don't unless you mean you worship Brahma. Your disagreeing with me is merely a waste of bandwidth.

Image123:
Yes, i have no issues with God. You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies, do you? Aborted babies are humans.

You're answering a different question. If you have no issues with God killing people, then why are you complaining? Maybe God told those women to carry out the abortions. So what if aborted babies are humans? The mothers own their bodies.

Image123:
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of in Jerusalem. You do not understand that? You and Ingersoll were caught wrong yet again. Always try to verify information for yourself, you need some independence. Jesus did not do all the things Ingersoll claimed He did IN Jerusalem. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? Ingersoll said "if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight." Don't be the usual armchair internet critic. Take the effort to go to the crusades, see things for your self, interview the testifiers etc. Don't just sit oneplace nodding to every CO2 coming out of Ingersoll and Russell or youtube. Wake up to reality. God is good, He is your Creator.

Aww is it because it wasn't in Jerusalem that you're crying? Well that isn't wrong information of importance and as usual, you missed the point of that quote. Do I have to spell it out again to you or do you want to read through it again to extract his point?
Brahma is good, He is your Creator. Start worshiping him today.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
thehomer:

The verses that talk about most of the people on earth going to hell imply this basic fact. You're welcome.
Billions of literates did not come to such a conclusion, kindly show us the verse that implies this basic fact. thanks.

The Bible says and recommends so many terrible things that you're unable to see because of your the God glasses you have on. No I cannot compare myself to the sorts of evil actions and activities your God has recommended to be carried out.
Another round of assumptions and implyings i guess. Do you have anything concrete to say or you are just frustrated? Mention just 10 out of the SO MANY terrible things that the Bible recommends YOU to do.
You were initially comparing yourself and wannabes to God as owner of all things, find a means of staying on track/point.

He thought it could hold 2 of every animal or didn't you know that too? No he didn't. Or can you show me anywhere in the Bible that he mentioned those lands? Do you inject yourself with liquefied cow dung?
You see why i need to ask if you smoke pot? You first said that God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, now you are saying that God thought it could hold 2 of every animal. i would not be surprised if you cannot see the difference in your statements. Now that you cannot show where God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, but now say 2, do you not think that it is possible? i think it is possible and that is what happened. i do not recall my ever mentioning Australia or America or Uganda to you in all our conversations. i guess to you, that is proof that i do not know about such places.
BTW, are you aware of the various cultures 'legends' of this particular flood?

The earth is spherical. Your God thought it was flat as can be inferred from this passage
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. - Matthew 4:8.
You inferred bollocks and then lay claims that God thought? i have NEVER made such a dull inference in all my life of reading that passage, neither have i heard anyone who did. You are the first. Here is the parallel and complimentary scripture for your understanding.
Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
The phrase "in a moment of time" rightly infers that it was a sort of vision that the devil gave, of ALL the kingdoms of the world. Another passage in Isaiah rightly states the shape of the earth as Isaiah saw it. i guess you deleted that verse from your memory as i am sure you have read it before.

Hitler wasn't an atheist. And what you've said makes no more sense than saying that the biggest war crimes have been committed by people with hair. Please can you quote Nietzche recommending death camps?
You implied that God is the cause of wars, that you need to do something about His influence(a ludicrous joke BTW). Now, i replied by showing you what your types have done concerning war. Nietzche's writings and ideologies greatly influenced Stalin and Hitler, do read.

You must be a joker. Holding a person hostage by holding keeping their family is a good thing? No wonder you're unable to tell right from wrong. Slavery being worldwide doesn't make it right for your God to recommend it. Many of the abolitionists weren't Christians too and many of the slave holders were Christians. God never commanded a freedom of religious worship, he never commanded freedom of thought, he never commanded a freedom from slavery.
i believe you are talking about captives of war? What do you suggest as the good thing to have been done for them, annihilation like in the case of Amalek? Hate it or love it, God's recommendations of treatment was the best obtainable. It was so good that a slave could say he wanted to remain with his master forever. It was so good that all servants were released every year of jubilee. Your atheist ancestors did worse. The heart of man is evil and desperately wicked, and God gave the right treatment in due time, when Jesus came. It goes to show the necessity of Christ's coming to restore man from his fall. Ask or observe any developer, development is in stages. Windows 7 operating system cannot run on a Windows 3.0 computer. The hardware cannot even carry it. The developer can only give best practices for that system, but it cannot make it equal to a modern day core7. When Christ came, He made a new and living way, and spread the good news and there came in the grace, peace and civility that we are all reaping from today.
Freedom is not free. What is freedom of religious worship? Have you ever seen any sensible organisation that allows its workers freedom to go work some other place, a rival place for that matter? God created man to worship HIM, how sensible will it be for Him to permit man to go worship another? What is the good thing about freedom of worship? BTW, you are fighting for as you are not comfortable with me serving or worshipping God. You are not in union with the way the muslins worship, are you?
What is freedom of thought? Sounds like a vacant expression. Is it freedom to think anything you feel like? Like thinking of killing millions in gas chambers, or of rap.ing, or of robbery? Is freedom of thought another word for insanity or anarchy? Please explain BRIEFLY what is meant by this freedom of thought that you claim to be fighting for, and lets know how good it is.
What is freedom from slavery? i need to ask because there are many practices in our world not termed slavery but which are equal to or worse than slavery. People all over the world are in one sort of bond or the other. The main issue should not be the name, but the treatment. how do you treat your fellow humans? Your workers, strangers, etc? How are the prisons? Are people free from sickness, debt, working from 6am to 9pm etc? How much is their compensation? Are they faring better than Abraham's servants?

Billions of people find solace and joy in drinking alcohol. Still doesn't make that the best approach. How about what was created first? Humans or animals or plants? Is that information of importance? Is Jesus' genealogy information of importance? If you can just declare anything you don't like information of little importance, then I may as well say it generally contains information of little importance.
Still undeniable that billions of people have seen God as a source of hope, joy, turning a disadvantage into an advantage. they have found it so, and so have i. i have explained to you what i mean by wrong information of importance, it is not just anything that i do not like. i specifically mentioned numerical contradictions. You are literate, please live it.
What was created first, and how do you know this? Don't tell me by assumption or educated GUESS again. How is that important to the majority or to saving anyone? i found the Bible to be true in its accurate description of the human, the world, evil and good. i found it to be true in the solutions that it offered; the solution for sin, for peace, for prosperity and for healing. Jesus' geneology is correct and does its job of showing/telling that Jesus was born of jewish origins from the tribe of Judah according to God's promise.

Embarrassing me will be a step in saving me.
Jesus has done all that is needed to save you, what is remaining is that YOU believe Him and repent.

I never said abortion wasn't killing. I also notice that you're not against killing living things so why do you complain when I show you that your God is perfectly happy killing living things and people?
You are saying that God is wrong and evil if He kills. i am telling you, NO. You have been unable to show that God is perfectly happy killing living things and people. On the contrary, the Bible clearly states otherwise.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

The Bible is very clear, unlike your hazy assumptions and inferences. You know that abortion is killing and you support it, the killing of babies, millions of them annually. Are you good?

Will God be sending them to hell? Will you send someone you love to hell? You never showed me that God loves atheists, you merely say that he does.
God loves you and says so. Read John 3v16. He sent Jesus Christ to die for you. That is love. He did not need to. He could simply have condemned the all of humanity as a failed project, but He has saved many of us, and He is willing to save you.
Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
i would not force someone who i made to love me but refused to love me to stay with me for all eternity, will you? If you produced something, and it got spoilt, what do you do? i try to repair it, and if it is irreparable, i destroy it. What do you do?

So if someone mocks you, you'll show them your love by making a bear kill them all? What a strange notion of love you have.
If 42 youths mock a old and respected prophet without provocation, they deserve whatever they get. They are not useful for anything good, and it will be good riddance to bad rubbish for the society. However, no one should take the law into his/her hands. If God judges such sons of Belial, i am in full support, this is love. Do you support the punishment of terrorists or you so much love them that you think they should live scot free? i know you will not answer most of these questions as is your custom.

I'm not preaching, I'm simply showing you that you've not considered the option of Brahma.
i know that already. You that you've not considered the option of Brahma, i do not have the job of showing you such irrelevance.

Where does your Bible define "temperance"?
In the life of Christ. He had the Spirit and His fruits, true temperance is one of them.

Do you know what the underground is? Have you ever lived there?
No i do not and i have not. So, do you know what a rural area is? Have you ever lived in one?

I'm simply reporting what Brahma offers to you. Take it or leave it.
I don't want what your God is selling because they're unimportant. You should focus on important stuff like Nirvana.
You are talking with Brahma as your authority?
God offers you rest, victory, heaven, eternal life, salvation from sin, redemption, cleansing, deliverance. You have gone from saying that you have all these to you do not want as they are not important. Quite fickle. This is why i initially stated that you lacked base. Your reasonings, decisions and morality are baseless and without focus. They are based on assumptions and whims and caprices.

Then you don't know what irrefutable means because the claims that snakes and donkeys spoke human languages to humans, humans lived in fish, dead people walked round a city are refutable claims.
The Bible implies that your God created man to send most of these humans to hell for eternity.
You need help in basic focus. i showed you irrefutable proofs of God's purposes for man. i showed verses that stated these purposes. i have shown Bible passages that CERTAINLY say this. You have been unable to show any verse that tell us that God's purpose is A or B, you have only being making assumptions and quoting an assuming Ingersoll.
We were not talking about miracles, get an handle and focus.

What Jesus taught was different from what most Jews believed and most Jews did not believe him.
You initially stated that what Jesus taught was different from what the Jews believed, now it is MOST Jews. After i showed you that some Jews thousands, believed Jesus. You have been unable to show the Bible command that Jesus broke that justified His crucifixion according to Ingersoll.

I said Jesus taught something different and he said people should worship him and he is a different God. I see that you're once more demonstrating your difficulty in reading and understanding simple passages. Your refusal to even think a bit reveals how you can hold these contradictory ideas and not find the contradictions. Think for yourself man.
Where did Jesus say that people should worship Him? How is He a different God? Two questions i am certain you will not answer. You make baseless and unfounded claims, always try to verify what you read, especially what you read from Ingersoll.

It is involuntary for the mother not for your God. No, humans are not for God to kill. You support your God killing 1 in every 4 pregnancies.
God is not responsible for miscarriages. i want to believe this is not another one of your unverifiable assumptions. What a waste of faith, You believe a lot of rubbish.

Unless you worship Brahma, you cannot have Nirvana so, do you worship Brahma? I've already told you that you don't unless you mean you worship Brahma. Your disagreeing with me is merely a waste of bandwidth.
What is nirvana again?

You're answering a different question. If you have no issues with God killing people, then why are you complaining? Maybe God told those women to carry out the abortions. So what if aborted babies are humans? The mothers own their bodies.
There was no question. You said "You have no issues with God choosing to kill babies. Fertilized eggs and bacteria are living things."
And i said yes i have no issues with God. Then i asked you a question which you failed to answer. Here it is again. You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies, do you?
You are the one that opened the thread, you are the one complaining about God killing people. i am only showing you that you are the real problem. You support millions of babies being killed annually as far as the name is abortion. Now, you are saying "So what if aborted babies are humans? " You do not get it, right? You see no wrong in these humans being killed annually, but you have a problem with something that was done thousands of years ago which is not even up to a tenth of what you approve/support.

Aww is it because it wasn't in Jerusalem that you're crying? Well that isn't wrong information of importance and as usual, you missed the point of that quote. Do I have to spell it out again to you or do you want to read through it again to extract his point?
Brahma is good, He is your Creator. Start worshiping him today.
It took you that long to see the bolded. Well, thank God you can now see it. Ingersoll made a mistake of saying it was in Jerusalem. It is important as it shows that Ingersoll has no proper grasp of what he is criticising. Almost all the quotes you've given from Ingersoll have been flawed in perspective. It will be better if you studied the Bible for yourself, and asked genuine questions borne out of study. The quotes other points have been addressed. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? Ingersoll said "if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight."
Have you done anything similar except to lazily quote others? Take the effort to go to the crusades, see things for your self, interview the testifiers etc. Don't just sit oneplace nodding to every CO2 coming out of Ingersoll and Russell or youtube. Wake up to reality.
i doubt if Brahma makes all these claims you are helping it with. God has saved me, and He is willing to save you.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
Image123:
Billions of literates did not come to such a conclusion, kindly show us the verse that implies this basic fact. thanks.

Another round of assumptions and implyings i guess. Do you have anything concrete to say or you are just frustrated? Mention just 10 out of the SO MANY terrible things that the Bible recommends YOU to do.
You were initially comparing yourself and wannabes to God as owner of all things, find a means of staying on track/point.

You see why i need to ask if you smoke pot? You first said that God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, now you are saying that God thought it could hold 2 of every animal. i would not be surprised if you cannot see the difference in your statements. Now that you cannot show where God thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, but now say 2, do you not think that it is possible? i think it is possible and that is what happened. i do not recall my ever mentioning Australia or America or Uganda to you in all our conversations. i guess to you, that is proof that i do not know about such places.
BTW, are you aware of the various cultures 'legends' of this particular flood?

You inferred bollocks and then lay claims that God thought? i have NEVER made such a dull inference in all my life of reading that passage, neither have i heard anyone who did. You are the first. Here is the parallel and complimentary scripture for your understanding.
Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
The phrase "in a moment of time" rightly infers that it was a sort of vision that the devil gave, of ALL the kingdoms of the world. Another passage in Isaiah rightly states the shape of the earth as Isaiah saw it. i guess you deleted that verse from your memory as i am sure you have read it before.

You implied that God is the cause of wars, that you need to do something about His influence(a ludicrous joke BTW). Now, i replied by showing you what your types have done concerning war. Nietzche's writings and ideologies greatly influenced Stalin and Hitler, do read.

i believe you are talking about captives of war? What do you suggest as the good thing to have been done for them, annihilation like in the case of Amalek? Hate it or love it, God's recommendations of treatment was the best obtainable. It was so good that a slave could say he wanted to remain with his master forever. It was so good that all servants were released every year of jubilee. Your atheist ancestors did worse. The heart of man is evil and desperately wicked, and God gave the right treatment in due time, when Jesus came. It goes to show the necessity of Christ's coming to restore man from his fall. Ask or observe any developer, development is in stages. Windows 7 operating system cannot run on a Windows 3.0 computer. The hardware cannot even carry it. The developer can only give best practices for that system, but it cannot make it equal to a modern day core7. When Christ came, He made a new and living way, and spread the good news and there came in the grace, peace and civility that we are all reaping from today.
Freedom is not free. What is freedom of religious worship? Have you ever seen any sensible organisation that allows its workers freedom to go work some other place, a rival place for that matter? God created man to worship HIM, how sensible will it be for Him to permit man to go worship another? What is the good thing about freedom of worship? BTW, you are fighting for as you are not comfortable with me serving or worshipping God. You are not in union with the way the muslins worship, are you?
What is freedom of thought? Sounds like a vacant expression. Is it freedom to think anything you feel like? Like thinking of killing millions in gas chambers, or of rap.ing, or of robbery? Is freedom of thought another word for insanity or anarchy? Please explain BRIEFLY what is meant by this freedom of thought that you claim to be fighting for, and lets know how good it is.
What is freedom from slavery? i need to ask because there are many practices in our world not termed slavery but which are equal to or worse than slavery. People all over the world are in one sort of bond or the other. The main issue should not be the name, but the treatment. how do you treat your fellow humans? Your workers, strangers, etc? How are the prisons? Are people free from sickness, debt, working from 6am to 9pm etc? How much is their compensation? Are they faring better than Abraham's servants?

Still undeniable that billions of people have seen God as a source of hope, joy, turning a disadvantage into an advantage. they have found it so, and so have i. i have explained to you what i mean by wrong information of importance, it is not just anything that i do not like. i specifically mentioned numerical contradictions. You are literate, please live it.
What was created first, and how do you know this? Don't tell me by assumption or educated GUESS again. How is that important to the majority or to saving anyone? i found the Bible to be true in its accurate description of the human, the world, evil and good. i found it to be true in the solutions that it offered; the solution for sin, for peace, for prosperity and for healing. Jesus' geneology is correct and does its job of showing/telling that Jesus was born of jewish origins from the tribe of Judah according to God's promise.

Jesus has done all that is needed to save you, what is remaining is that YOU believe Him and repent.

You are saying that God is wrong and evil if He kills. i am telling you, NO. You have been unable to show that God is perfectly happy killing living things and people. On the contrary, the Bible clearly states otherwise.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

The Bible is very clear, unlike your hazy assumptions and inferences. You know that abortion is killing and you support it, the killing of babies, millions of them annually. Are you good?

God loves you and says so. Read John 3v16. He sent Jesus Christ to die for you. That is love. He did not need to. He could simply have condemned the all of humanity as a failed project, but He has saved many of us, and He is willing to save you.
i would not force someone who i made to love me but refused to love me to stay with me for all eternity, will you? If you produced something, and it got spoilt, what do you do? i try to repair it, and if it is irreparable, i destroy it. What do you do?

If 42 youths mock a old and respected prophet without provocation, they deserve whatever they get. They are not useful for anything good, and it will be good riddance to bad rubbish for the society. However, no one should take the law into his/her hands. If God judges such sons of Belial, i am in full support, this is love. Do you support the punishment of terrorists or you so much love them that you think they should live scot free? i know you will not answer most of these questions as is your custom.

i know that already. You that you've not considered the option of Brahma, i do not have the job of showing you such irrelevance.

In the life of Christ. He had the Spirit and His fruits, true temperance is one of them.

No i do not and i have not. So, do you know what a rural area is? Have you ever lived in one?

You are talking with Brahma as your authority?
God offers you rest, victory, heaven, eternal life, salvation from sin, redemption, cleansing, deliverance. You have gone from saying that you have all these to you do not want as they are not important. Quite fickle. This is why i initially stated that you lacked base. Your reasonings, decisions and morality are baseless and without focus. They are based on assumptions and whims and caprices.

You need help in basic focus. i showed you irrefutable proofs of God's purposes for man. i showed verses that stated these purposes. i have shown Bible passages that CERTAINLY say this. You have been unable to show any verse that tell us that God's purpose is A or B, you have only being making assumptions and quoting an assuming Ingersoll.
We were not talking about miracles, get an handle and focus.

You initially stated that what Jesus taught was different from what the Jews believed, now it is MOST Jews. After i showed you that some Jews thousands, believed Jesus. You have been unable to show the Bible command that Jesus broke that justified His crucifixion according to Ingersoll.

Where did Jesus say that people should worship Him? How is He a different God? Two questions i am certain you will not answer. You make baseless and unfounded claims, always try to verify what you read, especially what you read from Ingersoll.

God is not responsible for miscarriages. i want to believe this is not another one of your unverifiable assumptions. What a waste of faith, You believe a lot of rubbish.

What is nirvana again?

There was no question. You said "You have no issues with God choosing to kill babies. Fertilized eggs and bacteria are living things."
And i said yes i have no issues with God. Then i asked you a question which you failed to answer. Here it is again. You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies, do you?
You are the one that opened the thread, you are the one complaining about God killing people. i am only showing you that you are the real problem. You support millions of babies being killed annually as far as the name is abortion. Now, you are saying "So what if aborted babies are humans? " You do not get it, right? You see no wrong in these humans being killed annually, but you have a problem with something that was done thousands of years ago which is not even up to a tenth of what you approve/support.

It took you that long to see the bolded. Well, thank God you can now see it. Ingersoll made a mistake of saying it was in Jerusalem. It is important as it shows that Ingersoll has no proper grasp of what he is criticising. Almost all the quotes you've given from Ingersoll have been flawed in perspective. It will be better if you studied the Bible for yourself, and asked genuine questions borne out of study. The quotes other points have been addressed. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? Ingersoll said "if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight."
Have you done anything similar except to lazily quote others? Take the effort to go to the crusades, see things for your self, interview the testifiers etc. Don't just sit oneplace nodding to every CO2 coming out of Ingersoll and Russell or youtube. Wake up to reality.
i doubt if Brahma makes all these claims you are helping it with. God has saved me, and He is willing to save you.

Get back to me when you're ready to worship Brahma. I've gotten bored with your whining and complaining when shown the implications of what your Bible says.
When you're better able to face the quotes I've given you already, let me know.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by UyiIredia(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ thehomer: After giving the issue some thought, I have decided to agree for now that the in general the Christian God is malevolent: and accept that its recorded actions furnishes sufficient evidence to make such a conclusion, for one a human who does similar would be said to be malevolent.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2013
thehomer:

Get back to me when you're ready to worship Brahma. I've gotten bored with your whining and complaining when shown the implications of what your Bible says.
When you're better able to face the quotes I've given you already, let me know.

Get back to you? We are still expecting concrete proof for your many ridiculous assumptions and inferences. Humble yourself, note your mistakes and presumptions(especially the unguarded and unfounded quotes fron Ingersoll), give repentance a thought instead of going to ask other atheists and internet for answers. Think for yourself, see your relatives and elders who have achieved greater than you have and ever can, observe that they are wise enough to believe in a God.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ thehomer: After giving the issue some thought, I have decided to agree for now that the in general the Christian God is malevolent: and accept that its recorded actions furnishes sufficient evidence to make such a conclusion, for one a human who does similar would be said to be malevolent.

Good for you.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
Image123:

Get back to you? We are still expecting concrete proof for your many ridiculous assumptions and inferences. Humble yourself, note your mistakes and presumptions(especially the unguarded and unfounded quotes fron Ingersoll), give repentance a thought instead of going to ask other atheists and internet for answers. Think for yourself, see your relatives and elders who have achieved greater than you have and ever can, observe that they are wise enough to believe in a God.

Brahma still awaits you. Or you can properly take a look at the world and leave all these Gods alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / 8 Repentant Militants & Kidnappers Become Pastors At OPM / Christianity In Nigeria: Irrelevance Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.