Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party (16515 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? / Are Men Of God Good Role Models? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by UyiIredia(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
thehomer:

And if you'll recall (maybe you won't because of your probable Alzheimer's disease) I told you that we judge whether or not someone is evil based on the heinousness of their actions. And we don't judge whether or not someone is good based on their partiality towards their family, it is generally assessed based on the absence of those heinous actions.

This peabrain is at his inanities again. Reread my response to that. As I said earlier, wilful ignorance aptly describes your mindset.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 11:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
'Uselessly dull', apparently you are at a loss for words. Bound by which moral laws BTW ? Yours ?

Another uselessly dull question. Do you think there are moral laws or not?

Uyi Iredia:
Diversion.

How can it be a diversion when it clearly reveals the fatuousness of your position?

Uyi Iredia:
I see. Yet you assume killing is wrong. Or can you give a reason why it is wrong without being circular, and so prove me wrong.

Did I assume that killing was wrong? You really need to learn to pay attention.

Uyi Iredia:
I won't unless you answer whether lying is wrong with a yes or no.

Then don't bother answering. Your previous answer will do for now unless you wish to change it.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

This peabrain is at his inanities again. Reread my response to that. As I said earlier, wilful ignorance aptly describes your mindset.

And here I must leave you once more to wallow in your inanities until you're able to think and express yourself clearly and properly.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by UyiIredia(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2013
thehomer:

And here I must leave you once more to wallow in your inanities until you're able to think and express yourself clearly and properly.

Sure. The dog has to go and eat its vomit.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by UyiIredia(m): 11:01am On Sep 24, 2013
thehomer:

Another uselessly dull question. Do you think there are moral laws or not?

As I stated: God isn't bound by morality the way humans are.

thehomer:
How can it be a diversion when it clearly reveals the fatuousness of your position?

Actually, the fatuousness of your thinking, if it (thinking) rightly describes this.

thehomer:
Did I assume that killing was wrong? You really need to learn to pay attention.

If you don't assume state why killing is wrong.

thehomer:
Then don't bother answering. Your previous answer will do for now unless you wish to change it.

I did to your consternation.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
thehomer:
Did I say you said that in your quote to me here? My point is that it is what the Bible said. Besides, how is that a fallacy? And I recall you saying something along those lines here.
What purposes? Keep in mind the fact that we don't yet agree on what God's purpose actually is so for all you know, killing babies may actually be according to his purposes.
Well, God doesn't own human life so I'm not taking that into consideration for this discussion.

Tywin Lannister: Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. I'll make sure you understand that when I've won your war for you. (Game of Thrones 3:10)
The purposes for God making man are found in His Word(the Bible). it would be foolish to make unsustainable assumptions, assumptions are not local. i can make mine and you can make yours. The wise thing to do is see the Bible and observe God state WHY He made humans. Its strewn all over the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Some of these purposes (i can point out the passages) include for dominion, fruitfulness, praise, holiness, victory. There is nothting for us to agree about, its SHOW and tell, not 'may actuallys'.
The Bible states that God owns human life and i have given you a Bible verse for that. It is on this premise that we can discuss His actions sanely. Mr G cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if he decides to slaughter all the 6000 livestock(goats) that belong to him. hopefully, you understand that.

Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising
he rode singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
Hope he rekindled, and in hope ended;
over death, over dread, over doom lifted
out of loss, out of life, unto long glory.

I am in a position to tell God what to do if he actually cares about humans. Why don't you try to know or understand him better so that you can seriously realize the problem that is facing you and your God.
I'm not searching. I'm simply saying that if you're going to try to invite me to your God, then you should be ready to look at other Gods you don't believe in.
My chicken is in no position to tell me what to do, though i care about it and even want to use it for delicious christmas food come December. i actually care about it, feeding it and making sure it doesn't get sick. hopefully, you understand that. There is no problem facing God. If you are not searching for something, you would not be spending your years asking questions about Jehovah God. You do not ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh, do you? Your pride is keeping you living in denial. Carefully notice the 'MUST' below.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Nope he is dead.
Actually, He died and rose again.

God is not love he is actually hate.
God loves you and so do i.

Well I have joy so you're wrong about that while you have no joy with your regular begging of God
You've never being depressed or thought of suicide? You do not feel empty? What is a regular begging of God?

I'm not wicked and I'm pretty much at peace. As far as I can tell, your Christianity doesn't
You support the annual killing of millions of babies if the name is called abortion, yes? You are not at peace, you just have a suppressed conscience.

I know what it means and you clearly don't have it.
What does it mean, and why do you say that i do not have it?

Oh yes I'm gentle. With God, you cannot be gentle.
possible if you say so. Perhaps you got it from the society where you are or from your parent.

You're obviously not meek
Jesus is meek.

Neither do you show any signs of temperance.
What is temperance?

Good
Good for me, bad for you. The Holy Ghost was sent to help you. You need to stretch out that hand of faith so that he can draw you out of the well of sin.

I'm free from your sin of hubris.
You're too proud to accept that you are a sinner and believe that Jesus Christ can save you, you are not yet free. You are not free from immoral thoughts, coveteousness, idolatry, unforgiving spirit, fornication and worldliness.

Based on what you've said, you cannot say whether or not God's purpose is to kill children. After all, his killing children may be in the part of him that you don't comprehend.
'You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. 'I am servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the shadow! You cannot pass.' (The Fellowship of the Ring)
You claimed that God was supposed to be unknowable. Now you make assumptions that have no leg to stand. God's purposes of creating man are in His Word, not based on assumptions. i comprehend the passage you speak of, you are the one who has failed to comprehend but is content with assumption. God is not a man.

You need Brahma. He says he is the creator. I've seen many brilliant people and not too brilliant people who believe in Brahma and worship him. Even if you've not seen them, that doesn't mean they're not out there, it just means you've not met the right people. There is nothing precious to lose in believing in and accepting Brahma.
Where did Brahma say that i need brahma, and what did Brahma say that i need Brahma for? You have actually met people who believe in Brahma and worship Brahma? hope you are not lying or just mimicking me like a kid? If indeed there is nothing precious to lose in believing in and accepting Brahma, what are you waiting for? You just said you do not believe in Brahma or know Brahma.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
thehomer:

Abortion is the termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo prior to viability. They are neither innocent nor guilty.

The fact that it makes no sense to you shows your own limitations. Anyone who has read fiction with characters that are evil would understand what I'm talking about.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy So much grammar required to state in other words that you have killed a child. Abortion is the termination of life. A baby in the mother's womb is a living thing, whether you like this fact or not, it is true. The child in the womb has all the characteristics of a living thing known. Using other synonyms will not erase the fact that you support killing of millions of babies annually. you have no moral or logical ground to argue against God killing anyone, even on a plain level.

It actually shows off your limitations, because you decided to pick and choose from the book that you consider fiction. The same book clearly states that God is good, and severally shows that He is good. His character is good, His nature is good, and His actions are good. the book considers them good, and His adherents consider them good. You are wasting your faith i must re-state.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Image123:
The purposes for God making man are found in His Word(the Bible). it would be foolish to make unsustainable assumptions, assumptions are not local. i can make mine and you can make yours. The wise thing to do is see the Bible and observe God state WHY He made humans. Its strewn all over the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Some of these purposes (i can point out the passages) include for dominion, fruitfulness, praise, holiness, victory. There is nothting for us to agree about, its SHOW and tell, not 'may actuallys'.

In the Bible, we also have God killing people left and right. Some of the purposes also appear to be for burning in hell for eternity.

Image123:
The Bible states that God owns human life and i have given you a Bible verse for that. It is on this premise that we can discuss His actions sanely. Mr G cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if he decides to slaughter all the 6000 livestock(goats) that belong to him. hopefully, you understand that.

And I disagree that God owns human life. Unless you think you're a goat, I don't see the relevance of what you're saying here.

Image123:
My chicken is in no position to tell me what to do, though i care about it and even want to use it for delicious christmas food come December. i actually care about it, feeding it and making sure it doesn't get sick. hopefully, you understand that. There is no problem facing God. If you are not searching for something, you would not be spending your years asking questions about Jehovah God. You do not ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh, do you? Your pride is keeping you living in denial. Carefully notice the 'MUST' below.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So if God is raising you to feed you to some aliens or so that you can be a slave to other people, would that satisfy you?

Carefully note God's failure.

The inspiration of the bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it. Yet they tell me this book was written by the creator of every shining star. Now let us see. I want to be honest and candid. I have just as much at stake in the way of soul as any doctor of divinity that ever lived, and more than some I have met. According to this book, the first attempt at peopling this world was a failure. God had to destroy all but eight. He saved some of the same kind to start again, which I think was a mistake. After that, the people still getting worse, he selected from the wide world a few of the tribe of Abraham. He had no time to waste with everybody. He had no time to throw away on Egypt. It had at that time a vast and splendid civilization, in which there were free schools; in which the one man married the one wife; where there were courts of law; where there were codes of laws. -- Ingersoll's Lecture entitled "Some Reasons Why"

Image123:
Actually, He died and rose again.

So you say. As I said, you'll believe anything.

Image123:
God loves you and so do i.

"Now, I read the bible, and I find that God so loved this world that He made up His mind to damn the most of us." - Robert Green Ingersoll.

Image123:
You've never being depressed or thought of suicide? You do not feel empty? What is a regular begging of God?

No I've not and I don't feel empty. Your prayers and supplications begging him for all sorts of ridiculous things.

Image123:
You support the annual killing of millions of babies if the name is called abortion, yes? You are not at peace, you just have a suppressed conscience.

No I don't support that.

Image123:
What does it mean, and why do you say that i do not have it?

long-suffering: Having endured mental or physical discomfort for a protracted period of time patiently or without complaint.
You've been complaining when exposed to mental discomfort.

Image123:
possible if you say so. Perhaps you got it from the society where you are or from your parent.

Since I'm gentle, you can strike that off your list.

Image123:
Jesus is meek.

And you're not Jesus.

Image123:
What is temperance?

Consult a dictionary.

Image123:
Good for me, bad for you. The Holy Ghost was sent to help you. You need to stretch out that hand of faith so that he can draw you out of the well of sin.

There is no Holy Ghost. Or can you show me this entity?

Image123:
You're too proud to accept that you are a sinner and believe that Jesus Christ can save you, you are not yet free. You are not free from immoral thoughts, coveteousness, idolatry, unforgiving spirit, fornication and worldliness.

The fact that you believe in your God doesn't mean you're not proud. Oh I'm free from them alright that is why you don't see me accusing others of "suffering" from it. Do you think believing in Jesus frees you? If you do, then why do pastors and prophets keep "suffering" from the items on that list?

Image123:
You claimed that God was supposed to be unknowable. Now you make assumptions that have no leg to stand. God's purposes of creating man are in His Word, not based on assumptions. i comprehend the passage you speak of, you are the one who has failed to comprehend but is content with assumption. God is not a man.

You're assuming that his purposes are in the Bible. If he is the type of God who will kill 42 children, maybe you should be careful about thinking you understand him so much.

Image123:
Where did Brahma say that i need brahma, and what did Brahma say that i need Brahma for? You have actually met people who believe in Brahma and worship Brahma? hope you are not lying or just mimicking me like a kid? If indeed there is nothing precious to lose in believing in and accepting Brahma, what are you waiting for? You just said you do not believe in Brahma or know Brahma.

Brahma is beyond asking you, he expects you to have realized that yourself. I know enough about Brahma to suggest that you should consider accepting him.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy So much grammar required to state in other words that you have killed a child. Abortion is the termination of life. A baby in the mother's womb is a living thing, whether you like this fact or not, it is true. The child in the womb has all the characteristics of a living thing known. Using other synonyms will not erase the fact that you support killing of millions of babies annually. you have no moral or logical ground to argue against God killing anyone, even on a plain level.

Bacteria in your intestines are living things and each time you take antibiotics, you kill a lot of them. They have characteristics of living things too. I wonder if this means you'll no longer be taking them.

Image123:
It actually shows off your limitations, because you decided to pick and choose from the book that you consider fiction. The same book clearly states that God is good, and severally shows that He is good. His character is good, His nature is good, and His actions are good. the book considers them good, and His adherents consider them good. You are wasting your faith i must re-state.

A book that supports racism would say that racists were good. The fact that the Bible makes a similar mistake doesn't make its assessment correct. An entity who commands the killing of children and infants and who kills them himself cannot be good in character or nature. So, the book is wrong and the adherents are wrong. I have no faith but you're wasting yours. You should turn to Brahma.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
thehomer:
In the Bible, we also have God killing people left and right. Some of the purposes also appear to be for burning in hell for eternity.
You are still assuming things. The Bible clearly states God's purposes for creating man, there is no need for careless and unsubstantiated assumptions. In the Bible, we have God healing people left and right, and having mercy left and right, and working miracles left and right. You are literate enough to read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man. If you are either too lazy or ignorant, you should ask, instead of giving us maybes and appear to bes.

And I disagree that God owns human life. Unless you think you're a goat, I don't see the relevance of what you're saying here.
Your disagreement reveals your unseriousness as that point reveals the context in which God has all right, moral or logical or otherwise, to wipe off all human life. i see that you understand the implications of 'Mr G cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if he decides to slaughter all the 6000 livestock(goats) that belong to him'.

So if God is raising you to feed you to some aliens or so that you can be a slave to other people, would that satisfy you?

Carefully note God's failure.

The inspiration of the bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it. Yet they tell me this book was written by the creator of every shining star. Now let us see. I want to be honest and candid. I have just as much at stake in the way of soul as any doctor of divinity that ever lived, and more than some I have met. According to this book, the first attempt at peopling this world was a failure. God had to destroy all but eight. He saved some of the same kind to start again, which I think was a mistake. After that, the people still getting worse, he selected from the wide world a few of the tribe of Abraham. He had no time to waste with everybody. He had no time to throw away on Egypt. It had at that time a vast and splendid civilization, in which there were free schools; in which the one man married the one wife; where there were courts of law; where there were codes of laws. -- Ingersoll's Lecture entitled "Some Reasons Why"
We know what God's purposes are, no point for what ifs and crass assumptions. God made humans for dominion, fruitfulness, holiness, praise and victory. All these purposes are clearly stated in God's Word.
You dodged this- do you ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh? i see you are searching for something, may you find it.
Is that Ingersoll the agnostic? Eeya, i thought you were an atheist, agnostics believe there is a God and they hate Him. Like Ingerboy hated God because his father was 'wrongfully' kicked out of the church he pastored. Where did Ingerboy draw out the part you bolded? Definitely from his head or something, not from the Bible. So you think God made a mistake to spare any man, yet you complain if He kills any, you seem not to understand yourself. God sent the whole of Israel to Egypt, is Ingersoll that ignorant, this is common primary school Bible knowledge. Stop feeding on such ignorance please.

So you say. As I said, you'll believe anything.
how come i do not believe you or your friend Brahma? Do you know what you are saying at all?

"Now, I read the bible, and I find that God so loved this world that He made up His mind to damn the most of us." - Robert Green Ingersoll.
Read for yourself, here is what Inger tried to read.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
God made it so easy that nobody has to do anything special to be regenerated i.e become His own. All you need to do is believe, ONLY believe.

No I've not and I don't feel empty. Your prayers and supplications begging him for all sorts of ridiculous things.
Good you have not. Try not to in future, its the atheist way. Of course you feel empty and incomplete without God. No matter what you achieve in life, you will always come back to confirm if God exists. Its not a curse, its the way you were made by Him. i pray to God but i do not ask for all sort of ridiculous things. Prayer is communication with God, you should do it, it will improve your bp.

No I don't support that.
You support abortion. Abortion is the annual killing of millions of babies in their mother's womb.

long-suffering: Having endured mental or physical discomfort for a protracted period of time patiently or without complaint.
You've been complaining when exposed to mental discomfort.
To endure is to tolerate and put up to. If you refer to your posts as mental discomfort, i think i've put up to it thus far, 16 pages or so. i've tolerated your unwillingness to learn.You have been trying to detract issues by quoting Lord of the rings and Brahma, and refusing to see relevance. You cannot bear the thought of God existing and you hate the faith it seems.

Since I'm gentle, you can strike that off your list.
The only thing you can confidently lay claims to in my little list of things that you are missing without God. Even your gentleness can be said to be superficial as it does not come from God.you are likely to lose it is shaken or exposed to other conditions.

And you're not Jesus.
Jesus is in me, and i am meek to Him. You are not you know that.

Consult a dictionary.
i checked my Bible. you do not have it(temperance).

There is no Holy Ghost. Or can you show me this entity?
He is a Ghost, duh. God is a Spirit.

The fact that you believe in your God doesn't mean you're not proud. Oh I'm free from them alright that is why you don't see me accusing others of "suffering" from it. Do you think believing in Jesus frees you? If you do, then why do pastors and prophets keep "suffering" from the items on that list?
i do not only think it, i know that believing in Jesus free you. i have experienced it that is why. Also, God's Word says it. There is no true pastor or prophet that keeps suffering in sin. Sinners keep suffering in sin, sinners like you. But Jesus came to save you from sin. He did it for me, He can do it for you.

You're assuming that his purposes are in the Bible. If he is the type of God who will kill 42 children, maybe you should be careful about thinking you understand him so much.
It is no assumption, they are there.
Dominion and fruitfulness- Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Praise- Isa 43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Holiness and victory- Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

You should not have a problem with the killing of 42 people as you have no issues with over 40million babies that are lost annually to abortion.

Brahma is beyond asking you, he expects you to have realized that yourself. I know enough about Brahma to suggest that you should consider accepting him.
When you accept Brahma and we see the advantage, you can talk.

Bacteria in your intestines are living things and each time you take antibiotics, you kill a lot of them. They have characteristics of living things too. I wonder if this means you'll no longer be taking them.
Are you comparing abortion of babies to bacteria? And you said you are free from sin? Someone who condones and supports the killing/termination of more than 40 million babies annually through abortion has no right to complain about God. You are actuall equating bacteria in intestine to human beings in the womb, like i told you, you have a suppressed conscience.

A book that supports racism would say that racists were good. The fact that the Bible makes a similar mistake doesn't make its assessment correct. An entity who commands the killing of children and infants and who kills them himself cannot be good in character or nature. So, the book is wrong and the adherents are wrong. I have no faith but you're wasting yours. You should turn to Brahma.
1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

You need to start reading, a reader makes a leader. Read quality and reality, not junk from the sources you have being quoting. you have faith, every human being does. Faith is belief, you believe there is no God, that is a clear waste of faith.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Alwaystrue(f): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Image123:
You support abortion. Abortion is the annual killing of millions of babies in their mother's womb.
@Image, The abortion in this case is the 'willfull' or 'delibrate' termination of a baby at conception or during pregnancy actually. And it has gone a step higher....it occurs even 'outside the womb' as well, with modern science.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:
@Image, The abortion in this case is the 'willfull' or 'delibrate' termination of a baby at conception or during pregnancy actually. And it has gone a step higher....it occurs even 'outside the womb' as well, with modern science.
Meaning, thehomer supports abortion both inside and outside the womb.
Thanks for the clarification BTW.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2013
Image123:
You are still assuming things. The Bible clearly states God's purposes for creating man, there is no need for careless and unsubstantiated assumptions. In the Bible, we have God healing people left and right, and having mercy left and right, and working miracles left and right. You are literate enough to read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man. If you are either too lazy or ignorant, you should ask, instead of giving us maybes and appear to bes.

The Bible clearly states that God was killing people left and right. I'm also literate enough to tell when the Bible is wrong because those who wrote it know nothing about ethics and morality. They and their God thought slavery was fine. You on the other hand are clearly lazy and ignorant. That is why you're unable to accept what stares you in the face.

Image123:
Your disagreement reveals your unseriousness as that point reveals the context in which God has all right, moral or logical or otherwise, to wipe off all human life. i see that you understand the implications of 'Mr G cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if he decides to slaughter all the 6000 livestock(goats) that belong to him'.

I'm sorry but are you a goat? If you think you should be treated as a goat such that you can be killed with impunity, please say so.

Image123:
We know what God's purposes are, no point for what ifs and crass assumptions. God made humans for dominion, fruitfulness, holiness, praise and victory. All these purposes are clearly stated in God's Word.
You dodged this- do you ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh? i see you are searching for something, may you find it.
Is that Ingersoll the agnostic? Eeya, i thought you were an atheist, agnostics believe there is a God and they hate Him. Like Ingerboy hated God because his father was 'wrongfully' kicked out of the church he pastored. Where did Ingerboy draw out the part you bolded? Definitely from his head or something, not from the Bible. So you think God made a mistake to spare any man, yet you complain if He kills any, you seem not to understand yourself. God sent the whole of Israel to Egypt, is Ingersoll that ignorant, this is common primary school Bible knowledge. Stop feeding on such ignorance please.

No you don't know what your God's purposes are. After all, you said he would be right to treat you like a goat and kill you. If a goat doesn't know what your purposes are, what makes you think you know what God's purposes are? God has deliberately deceived people so he may just be deceiving you by fattening you for his galactic slaughterhouse.
I see Ingersoll really bothers you. You should try actually reading some of his works.

Image123:
how come i do not believe you or your friend Brahma? Do you know what you are saying at all?

You don't believe me because I didn't write some of those things in the Bible. It is for the same reason you reject Brahma. But, you're unable to see your own inconsistencies.

Image123:
Read for yourself, here is what Inger tried to read.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
God made it so easy that nobody has to do anything special to be regenerated i.e become His own. All you need to do is believe, ONLY believe.

As usual, Ingersoll was right. According to that same Bible, most of us are going to hell. This is why I say your problem is with comprehending and using language.
Since believing is so easy and comes naturally to you, why don't you believe in the Muslim Allah? Or Brahma?

And why does this same God tell me how to raise my children when he had to drown his? - Robert G. Ingersoll (Some Mistakes of Moses)

Image123:
Good you have not. Try not to in future, its the atheist way. Of course you feel empty and incomplete without God. No matter what you achieve in life, you will always come back to confirm if God exists. Its not a curse, its the way you were made by Him. i pray to God but i do not ask for all sort of ridiculous things. Prayer is communication with God, you should do it, it will improve your bp.

You feel empty and incomplete without Brahma. No matter what you achieve in life, you'll always come back to confirm if Brahma exists.

Image123:

No it isn't.

Image123:
To endure is to tolerate and put up to. If you refer to your posts as mental discomfort, i think i've put up to it thus far, 16 pages or so. i've tolerated your unwillingness to learn.You have been trying to detract issues by quoting Lord of the rings and Brahma, and refusing to see relevance. You cannot bear the thought of God existing and you hate the faith it seems.

If you're can present quotes from books, I too can present quotes from books.
You cannot bear the thought of God not existing so you hate atheists.

Image123:
The only thing you can confidently lay claims to in my little list of things that you are missing without God. Even your gentleness can be said to be superficial as it does not come from God.you are likely to lose it is shaken or exposed to other conditions.

Your gentleness can be said to be superficial since you say it comes from God. You're likely to lose it if your belief in God is shaken or if you're exposed to other conditions.

Image123:
Jesus is in me, and i am meek to Him. You are not you know that.

What? Are you now a chimera? Or are you performing some interesting acts? I thought Jesus was a person and male. How is he in you?

Image123:
i checked my Bible. you do not have it(temperance).

Do you use your Bible as a dictionary? No wonder you're finding some difficulty with language.

Image123:
He is a Ghost, duh. God is a Spirit.

Do you believe that people see ghosts? Well what is a spirit? Because as far as I'm concerned you've not made more sense than saying God is a Scrafadoo.

Image123:
i do not only think it, i know that believing in Jesus free you. i have experienced it that is why. Also, God's Word says it. There is no true pastor or prophet that keeps suffering in sin. Sinners keep suffering in sin, sinners like you. But Jesus came to save you from sin. He did it for me, He can do it for you.

"no true pastor or prophet" that is a classic example of the No true Scotsman fallacy. Jesus himself said he came for the sinners so all you're doing is promoting your pride.

Image123:
It is no assumption, they are there.
Dominion and fruitfulness- Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Praise- Isa 43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Holiness and victory- Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

It is all an assumption. If your God is willing to deceive people, what makes you think he hasn't deceived you?

Did it ever occur to you that if God wrote the old testament, and told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, and that God afterward took upon Himself flesh and came to Jerusalem, and taught a different religion, and the Jews killed Him—did it ever occur to you that He reaped exactly what he had sown? Did it ever occur to you that He fell a victim to His own tyranny, and was destroyed by His own law! Of course I do not believe that any God ever was the author of the bible, or that any God was ever crucified, or that any God was ever killed or ever will be, but I want to ask you that question.

I say that at that time Matthew, Mark and Luke believed that He was the son of Joseph and Mary. And why? They say He descended from the blood of David, and in order to show that He was of the blood of David they gave the genealogy of Joseph. And if Joseph was not his father, why not give the genealogy of Pontius Pilate or Herod? Could they, by giving the genealogy of Joseph, show that He was of the blood of David if Joseph was in no way related to David; and yet that is the position into which the Christian world is now driven. It says the son of Joseph, and then interpolated the words "as was supposed." Why, then, do they give a supposed genealogy. It will not do. And that is a thing that cannot in any way, by any human testimony, be established; and if it is important for us to know that He was the Son of God, I say then that it devolves upon God to give us evidence. Let Him write it across the face of the heavens, in every language of mankind. If it is necessary for us to believe it, let it grow on every leaf next year. No man should be damned for not believing unless the evidence is overwhelming. And he ought not to be made to depend upon say-so. He should have it directly for himself. A man says God told him so and so, and he tells me, and I haven't anyone's word but that fellow's. He may have been deceived. If God has a message for me He ought to tell it to me, and not somebody that has been dead 4,000 or 5,000 years, and in another language; God may have changed His mind on many things; He has on slavery at least, and polygamy; and yet His church now wants to go out here and destroy polygamy in Utah with a sword. Why don't they send missionaries there with copies of the old testament? By reading the lives of Abraham, and Isaac, and Lot, and a few other fellows that ought to have been in the penitentiary, they can soften their hearts.

Image123:
You should not have a problem with the killing of 42 people as you have no issues with over 40million babies that are lost annually to abortion.

But I do have a problem with the killing of 42 children. Do you have issues with the millions lost through miscarriages?

Image123:
When you accept Brahma and we see the advantage, you can talk.

Why don't you try Brahma first before rejecting him?

Image123:
Are you comparing abortion of babies to bacteria? And you said you are free from sin? Someone who condones and supports the killing/termination of more than 40 million babies annually through abortion has no right to complain about God. You are actuall equating bacteria in intestine to human beings in the womb, like i told you, you have a suppressed conscience.

This is another reason why I say you're having problems with the language. You were the one harping on and on about living things. Bacteria are living things aren't they?

Image123:
1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
1Pe 2:17 Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

You need to start reading, a reader makes a leader. Read quality and reality, not junk from the sources you have being quoting. you have faith, every human being does. Faith is belief, you believe there is no God, that is a clear waste of faith.

Here is a man that comes into Jerusalem, and the first thing he does he cures the blind. He lets the light of day visit the darkness of blindness. The eyes are opened and the whole world is again pictured upon the brain. Another man is clothed with leprosy. He touches him, and the disease falls from him, and he stands pure, and clean, and whole. Another man is deformed, wrinkled, bent. He touches him and throws upon him again the garment of youth. A man is in his grave, and He says, "Come forth!" and he again walks in life, feeling his heart throb and beat, and his blood going joyously through his veins. They say that happened. I don't know. There is one wonderful thing about the dead people that were raised—we don't hear of them any more. What became of them? Why, if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight. I would say, "Where were you when you got the notice to come back? What kind of country is it? What kind of opening there for a young man? How did you like it?" But nobody ever paid the slightest attention to them there. They didn't even excite interest when they died the second time. Nobody said, "Why, that man isn't afraid. He has been there." Not a word. They pass away quietly. You see I don't believe it. There is something wrong somewhere about that business. And then there is another trouble in my mind. Now, you know I may suffer eternal punishment for all this.

You need to start reading. A reader makes a leader. Read quality and reality not junk from the sources you have been quoting. You have a poor understanding of the English language. Maybe you should try to resolve that before trying to shell out any advice.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2013
thehomer:

The Bible clearly states that God was killing people left and right. I'm also literate enough to tell when the Bible is wrong because those who wrote it know nothing about ethics and morality. They and their God thought slavery was fine. You on the other hand are clearly lazy and ignorant. That is why you're unable to accept what stares you in the face.
There is absolutely no need for hyperventilation. Simply tell us God's purposes for creating man, instead of maybes and appears to bes. Read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man.

I'm sorry but are you a goat? If you think you should be treated as a goat such that you can be killed with impunity, please say so.
'God cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if He decides to slaughter all of humanity because they belong to Him'. The point is found on you, check again.

No you don't know what your God's purposes are. After all, you said he would be right to treat you like a goat and kill you. If a goat doesn't know what your purposes are, what makes you think you know what God's purposes are? God has deliberately deceived people so he may just be deceiving you by fattening you for his galactic slaughterhouse.
I see Ingersoll really bothers you. You should try actually reading some of his works.
God's purposes are shown in the Bible. It is absurd to leave the seen and begin to make baseless assumptions. There you go hoping to distract the issues again. Do you ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh? i see you are searching for something, may you find it.
Where did Ingersol draw out the part you bolded? Definitely from his head or something, not from the Bible. So you think God made a mistake to spare any man, yet you complain if He kills any, you seem not to understand yourself. God sent the whole of Israel to Egypt, is Ingersoll that ignorant, this is common primary school Bible knowledge. Stop feeding on such ignorance please. You quoted Ingersoll as stating that God had NO time for Egypt. Yet, basic bible knowledge shows that God's people were in Egypt for centuries.

You don't believe me because I didn't write some of those things in the Bible. It is for the same reason you reject Brahma. But, you're unable to see your own inconsistencies.
Thought you said i will believe anything, or were you trying to make no sense?

As usual, Ingersoll was right. According to that same Bible, most of us are going to hell. This is why I say your problem is with comprehending and using language.
Since believing is so easy and comes naturally to you, why don't you believe in the Muslim Allah? Or Brahma?

And why does this same God tell me how to raise my children when he had to drown his? - Robert G. Ingersoll (Some Mistakes of Moses)
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If majority is not saved, it is because majority did not believe God, not because God made up His mind to damn the most of us. You have been misinformed. We are all created in God's image(with free will-ability to choose). It's your choice, and God is not going to force most of us to live with Him forever. He has taken the pains to show us how bad the alternative is too.
i do not believe other gods because they do not have anything worthwhile to offer me. They do not make the claims that my God makes and i am satisfied with my God.

You feel empty and incomplete without Brahma. No matter what you achieve in life, you'll always come back to confirm if Brahma exists.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, don't be ridiculous. i've never felt incomplete outside Jesus, not to mention confirming Brahma. If Brahma exists, good luck to Brahma, there is no need for me to confirm the existence. You need some originality BTW, instead of mimic and quoting of others like you or even lower than you.

No it isn't.
Termination is the same thing as killing. They are humans, they are living things. The play of words does not change the action. Abortion is killing and millions of pregnancies are aborted annually, and you support it.

If you're can present quotes from books, I too can present quotes from books.
You cannot bear the thought of God not existing so you hate atheists.
i did not quote the Bible to detract issues. the Bible is the Subject in question. The OP is all about it, is it not? God exists and He loves you. i do not hate atheists, i told you earlier and i repeat it, I LOVE YOU.

Your gentleness can be said to be superficial since you say it comes from God. You're likely to lose it if your belief in God is shaken or if you're exposed to other conditions.
Mimic again, try some originality. Are you using style to learn from me, don't be shy bruv. Outside of God, i have nothing, did i ever tell you that?

What? Are you now a chimera? Or are you performing some interesting acts? I thought Jesus was a person and male. How is he in you?
i invited Him into me, and He now lives in me. Unfortunately, i might lose you here, sorry.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Do you use your Bible as a dictionary? No wonder you're finding some difficulty with language.
i saw temperance in my Bible. You claimed to see evil in the Bible, did you use the Bible as a dictionary to see evil there?

Do you believe that people see ghosts? Well what is a spirit? Because as far as I'm concerned you've not made more sense than saying God is a Scrafadoo.
Why the question, i did not talk about seeing ghosts, did i? A spirit is a being that is invisible to the human eyes. Do you know that you have a spirit? It is the other man inside you. If you know what a conscience is, it is close to what your spirit is. Have you ever lived in a rural area? i'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a spirit is. i might be surprised though.

"no true pastor or prophet" that is a classic example of the No true Scotsman fallacy. Jesus himself said he came for the sinners so all you're doing is promoting your pride.
But it is the truth, There is no true pastor or prophet that keeps suffering in sin. You can show me one so that we settle it. Of course Jesus came for sinners like you and me. i was a sinner too, then i heard that Jesus came for me, and i followed Him. We are waiting for you too.

It is all an assumption. If your God is willing to deceive people, what makes you think he hasn't deceived you?
Show us your own assumptions in the Bible na. i have shown you where the Bible states why humans were created, you say na assumption, on no premise for that matter. The only logical way is to discuss what is clearly stated, instead of drumming up our fancies.
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Did it ever occur to you that if God wrote the old testament, and told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, and that God afterward took upon Himself flesh and came to Jerusalem, and taught a different religion, and the Jews killed Him—did it ever occur to you that He reaped exactly what he had sown? Did it ever occur to you that He fell a victim to His own tyranny, and was destroyed by His own law! Of course I do not believe that any God ever was the author of the bible, or that any God was ever crucified, or that any God was ever killed or ever will be, but I want to ask you that question.

I say that at that time Matthew, Mark and Luke believed that He was the son of Joseph and Mary. And why? They say He descended from the blood of David, and in order to show that He was of the blood of David they gave the genealogy of Joseph. And if Joseph was not his father, why not give the genealogy of Pontius Pilate or Herod? Could they, by giving the genealogy of Joseph, show that He was of the blood of David if Joseph was in no way related to David; and yet that is the position into which the Christian world is now driven. It says the son of Joseph, and then interpolated the words "as was supposed." Why, then, do they give a supposed genealogy. It will not do. And that is a thing that cannot in any way, by any human testimony, be established; and if it is important for us to know that He was the Son of God, I say then that it devolves upon God to give us evidence. Let Him write it across the face of the heavens, in every language of mankind. If it is necessary for us to believe it, let it grow on every leaf next year. No man should be damned for not believing unless the evidence is overwhelming. And he ought not to be made to depend upon say-so. He should have it directly for himself. A man says God told him so and so, and he tells me, and I haven't anyone's word but that fellow's. He may have been deceived. If God has a message for me He ought to tell it to me, and not somebody that has been dead 4,000 or 5,000 years, and in another language; God may have changed His mind on many things; He has on slavery at least, and polygamy; and yet His church now wants to go out here and destroy polygamy in Utah with a sword. Why don't they send missionaries there with copies of the old testament? By reading the lives of Abraham, and Isaac, and Lot, and a few other fellows that ought to have been in the penitentiary, they can soften their hearts.
God never told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, please get your facts right. You are free to quote those facts BTW. The coloured text above is yet another distraction and was nevr part of the issues being discussed. It's okay to politely and HUMBLY ask questions, instead of detracting issues. i have shown you from the Word of God, the purposes why God made man without guessing and assuming. It is only honorable that you accept being shown, and perhaps you show us clearly if there are more purposes, instead ofyour initial altruist wish.
Psa 19:1 How clearly the sky reveals God's glory! How plainly it shows what he has done!
Psa 19:2 Each day announces it to the following day; each night repeats it to the next.
Psa 19:3 No speech or words are used, no sound is heard;
Psa 19:4 yet their message goes out to all the world and is heard to the ends of the earth. God made a home in the sky for the sun;
Heb 1:1 In times past the word of God came to our fathers through the prophets, in different parts and in different ways;
Heb 1:2 But now, at the end of these days, it has come to us through his Son, to whom he has given all things for a heritage, and through whom he made the order of the generations;

But I do have a problem with the killing of 42 children. Do you have issues with the millions lost through miscarriages?
It is immoral, insane and inconsistent for someone who has no issues with over 40million babies that are lost annually to abortion to have an issue with 42 lost. i have issues with miscarriages, don't you? But i do not hold any human guilty as it is involuntary. Abortion is mainly voluntary, you do not have issues with it but you are in full support. Its called hypocrisy.
What do you think of a politician that has stolen 42million naira, who is insisting that a person be punished for allegedly stealing 50 naira?

Why don't you try Brahma first before rejecting him?
You are simply repeating now like a robot. WHY should i try Brahma again?

This is another reason why I say you're having problems with the language. You were the one harping on and on about living things. Bacteria are living things aren't they?
There was no harping on and on about living things. i simply stated that the child in the womb was/is a living thing. They are humans. Bacteria is not human, is it? Bacteria don't come out of the womb after about 9months, do they? You have no issues if a child is killed in the womb, but you have issues if it is killed outside the womb, its plain ridiculous.

Here is a man that comes into Jerusalem, and the first thing he does he cures the blind. He lets the light of day visit the darkness of blindness. The eyes are opened and the whole world is again pictured upon the brain. Another man is clothed with leprosy. He touches him, and the disease falls from him, and he stands pure, and clean, and whole. Another man is deformed, wrinkled, bent. He touches him and throws upon him again the garment of youth. A man is in his grave, and He says, "Come forth!" and he again walks in life, feeling his heart throb and beat, and his blood going joyously through his veins. They say that happened. I don't know. There is one wonderful thing about the dead people that were raised—we don't hear of them any more. What became of them? Why, if there was a man in this town that had been raised from the dead, I would go to see him tonight. I would say, "Where were you when you got the notice to come back? What kind of country is it? What kind of opening there for a young man? How did you like it?" But nobody ever paid the slightest attention to them there. They didn't even excite interest when they died the second time. Nobody said, "Why, that man isn't afraid. He has been there." Not a word. They pass away quietly. You see I don't believe it. There is something wrong somewhere about that business. And then there is another trouble in my mind. Now, you know I may suffer eternal punishment for all this.

You need to start reading. A reader makes a leader. Read quality and reality not junk from the sources you have been quoting. You have a poor understanding of the English language. Maybe you should try to resolve that before trying to shell out any advice.
Yet another flawed rendering of events. There was no man that did all these things you speak of in Jerusalem. If the first line is contorted, what should we say for the other lines?
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

God, who created and knows all men, more than a manufacturer knows his product, has already told us that if people are not persuaded by the Bible, neither will they be truly persuaded by talks from the dead. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? You see, God loves you still despite all your shenanigans. All you need to do is love Him back. Take the leap of faith. We that have taken it, we are encouraging you to also do it. There is nothing important to lose. i am sure you have folks that you respect, and even relatives that believe in God. Their belief in God has not stopped them from great achievement and desires. Infact, most will say that their belief in God has enhanced their great achievement and desires. Only believe.
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Image123:
There is absolutely no need for hyperventilation. Simply tell us God's purposes for creating man, instead of maybes and appears to bes. Read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man.

God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell.

Image123:
'God cannot be accused of theft or murder or genocide if He decides to slaughter all of humanity because they belong to Him'. The point is found on you, check again.

God can be accused of theft, murder, genocide and rape because he doesn't own humanity.

Image123:
God's purposes are shown in the Bible. It is absurd to leave the seen and begin to make baseless assumptions. There you go hoping to distract the issues again. Do you ask annual questions about Voltron or Winnie the pooh? i see you are searching for something, may you find it.
Where did Ingersol draw out the part you bolded? Definitely from his head or something, not from the Bible. So you think God made a mistake to spare any man, yet you complain if He kills any, you seem not to understand yourself. God sent the whole of Israel to Egypt, is Ingersoll that ignorant, this is common primary school Bible knowledge. Stop feeding on such ignorance please. You quoted Ingersoll as stating that God had NO time for Egypt. Yet, basic bible knowledge shows that God's people were in Egypt for centuries.

Do Voltron and Winnie the Pooh have as much effect on your life as this God?
At least Ingersoll had a good head on his shoulders. The same cannot really be said about a supposedly omniscient entity who didn't know what the world he created looked like.
You should read some archaeology and actually read what Ingersoll wrote. The fact that the Bible said that doesn't mean it happened. Read the calculations on the number of people that were supposed to have been wandering through the desert and try to think about whether or not it was possible. But as I said, you'll believe anything as long as it is written in the Bible.

Image123:
Thought you said i will believe anything, or were you trying to make no sense?

No, I said you'll believe anything that was written in the Bible. Learn to read things in context. This is where I first said it and repeated what I meant in this thread.

Image123:
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If majority is not saved, it is because majority did not believe God, not because God made up His mind to damn the most of us. You have been misinformed. We are all created in God's image(with free will-ability to choose). It's your choice, and God is not going to force most of us to live with Him forever. He has taken the pains to show us how bad the alternative is too.
i do not believe other gods because they do not have anything worthwhile to offer me. They do not make the claims that my God makes and i am satisfied with my God.

Suppose when I read it, the revelation to me, through the bible, is that it is not true, and God knew that I would know that when I did read it, and knew, if I did not say it, I would be dishonest. Is it possible that He would damn me for being honest, and give me wings if I would play the hypocrite? - Some Reasons Why by Robert Ingersoll

God knew that the majority won't believe in him and decided that he will damn all those that didn't believe in him. How then can you say his purpose wasn't to damn humans? Allah has virgins to offer you, Brahma has Nirvana to offer you. You really should consider those Gods before trying to discount them.

Image123:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, don't be ridiculous. i've never felt incomplete outside Jesus, not to mention confirming Brahma. If Brahma exists, good luck to Brahma, there is no need for me to confirm the existence. You need some originality BTW, instead of mimic and quoting of others like you or even lower than you.

I've never felt incomplete without Jesus. If your God exists, good luck to him. I'm simply using your words to show you the ridiculousness of your position. You've seen the emptiness of your position but you seem to struggle when it made bare.

Image123:
Termination is the same thing as killing. They are humans, they are living things. The play of words does not change the action. Abortion is killing and millions of pregnancies are aborted annually, and you support it.

Are you saying humans cannot be killed for any reason? Or that living things cannot be killed for any reason? I've told you what I support so your wailing here doesn't add anything.

Image123:
i did not quote the Bible to detract issues. the Bible is the Subject in question. The OP is all about it, is it not? God exists and He loves you. i do not hate atheists, i told you earlier and i repeat it, I LOVE YOU.

No, the goodness of the God of the Bible is the subject not the Bible since the Bible as you know contains wrong judgements and wrong information. And I love you too - no homo. cheesy

Image123:
Mimic again, try some originality. Are you using style to learn from me, don't be shy bruv. Outside of God, i have nothing, did i ever tell you that?

Then by all means, accept that your gentleness and meekness are superficial. Mine is actually deeper than yours since whether or not your God exists, my own characteristics remain the same.

Image123:
i invited Him into me, and He now lives in me. Unfortunately, i might lose you here, sorry.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

You're not losing me at all. I just thought that inviting men into you under Christianity was an iffy proposition.

Ah, but they tell me "You have no right to pick the bad things out of the bible." I say, an infinite God has no right to put bad things into His bible. Does anybody believe if God was going to write a book now He would uphold slavery; that He would favor polygamy; that He would say kill the heathen, stab the women, dash out the brains of the children? We have civilized him. We make our own God, and we make Him better day by day. - Some Reasons Why - Robert Ingersoll

Image123:
i saw temperance in my Bible. You claimed to see evil in the Bible, did you use the Bible as a dictionary to see evil there?

No, I saw actual evil in the Bible like God commanding people to go out and kill everyone in a city including children and infants. You were asking for the meaning of a word. Anyone who knows anything about learning a language should know to look in a dictionary for the meaning of words.

Image123:
Why the question, i did not talk about seeing ghosts, did i? A spirit is a being that is invisible to the human eyes. Do you know that you have a spirit? It is the other man inside you. If you know what a conscience is, it is close to what your spirit is. Have you ever lived in a rural area? i'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a spirit is. i might be surprised though.

Do you know what a scrafadoo is? If you know what intellect is, then you should know what a scrafadoo is. It is close to what your intellect is. Have you ever lived underground? I'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a scrafadoo is. I might be surprised though.

Image123:
But it is the truth, There is no true pastor or prophet that keeps suffering in sin. You can show me one so that we settle it. Of course Jesus came for sinners like you and me. i was a sinner too, then i heard that Jesus came for me, and i followed Him. We are waiting for you too.

So are you saying that you do not commit anymore sins? Though Brahma is waiting to lead you to Nirvana. Try following him. If you think he is too strange, then you can try Allah. Muslims are waiting for you.

Image123:
Show us your own assumptions in the Bible na. i have shown you where the Bible states why humans were created, you say na assumption, on no premise for that matter. The only logical way is to discuss what is clearly stated, instead of drumming up our fancies.
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

And I've shown you why the Bible is wrong in several ways. You're the one refusing to discuss the implications of the words in the Bible.

Do not be hasty, that is my motto. - (Treebeard) - The Two Towers

Image123:
God never told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, please get your facts right. You are free to quote those facts BTW. The coloured text above is yet another distraction and was nevr part of the issues being discussed. It's okay to politely and HUMBLY ask questions, instead of detracting issues. i have shown you from the Word of God, the purposes why God made man without guessing and assuming. It is only honorable that you accept being shown, and perhaps you show us clearly if there are more purposes, instead ofyour initial altruist wish.
Psa 19:1 How clearly the sky reveals God's glory! How plainly it shows what he has done!
Psa 19:2 Each day announces it to the following day; each night repeats it to the next.
Psa 19:3 No speech or words are used, no sound is heard;
Psa 19:4 yet their message goes out to all the world and is heard to the ends of the earth. God made a home in the sky for the sun;
Heb 1:1 In times past the word of God came to our fathers through the prophets, in different parts and in different ways;
Heb 1:2 But now, at the end of these days, it has come to us through his Son, to whom he has given all things for a heritage, and through whom he made the order of the generations;

You shouldn't be so ignorant of the Bible. Are you saying you don't know of the passage that recommends people to kill members of their family if they say they want to worship some other God?

Suppose the devil had inspired a book. In what respect would he have differed from God on the subject of slavery, polygamy, wars of extermination, and religious persecution? Suppose we knew that after God had finished his book the devil had gotten possession of it, and written a few passages to suit himself. Which passages, O Christian, would you pick out now as having probably been written by the devil? Which of these two, "Love thy neighbor as thyself," or "Kill all the males among the little ones, and kill every man, but all the women and girls keep alive for yourselves"—which of those two passages would they select as having been written by the devil? - Some Reasons Why by Robert Ingersoll

Image123:
It is immoral, insane and inconsistent for someone who has no issues with over 40million babies that are lost annually to abortion to have an issue with 42 lost. i have issues with miscarriages, don't you? But i do not hold any human guilty as it is involuntary. Abortion is mainly voluntary, you do not have issues with it but you are in full support. Its called hypocrisy.
What do you think of a politician that has stolen 42million naira, who is insisting that a person be punished for allegedly stealing 50 naira?

To continue with your analogy, your God hasn't stolen 50 naira, he has stolen more than 500 trillion naira.

Image123:
You are simply repeating now like a robot. WHY should i try Brahma again?

So you can attain Nirvana.

Image123:
There was no harping on and on about living things. i simply stated that the child in the womb was/is a living thing. They are humans. Bacteria is not human, is it? Bacteria don't come out of the womb after about 9months, do they? You have no issues if a child is killed in the womb, but you have issues if it is killed outside the womb, its plain ridiculous.

But bacteria are living things aren't they? I have no issues with a woman making her own choices as I've already explained to Mr anony. You can read my responses to him on this issue here.

Image123:
Yet another flawed rendering of events. There was no man that did all these things you speak of in Jerusalem. If the first line is contorted, what should we say for the other lines?
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

God, who created and knows all men, more than a manufacturer knows his product, has already told us that if people are not persuaded by the Bible, neither will they be truly persuaded by talks from the dead. It is evident today, there are many 'testimonies from the dead', even here on NL. Have you believed them, have you taken the pains or efforts to go ask them all these questions you dream of asking? You see, God loves you still despite all your shenanigans. All you need to do is love Him back. Take the leap of faith. We that have taken it, we are encouraging you to also do it. There is nothing important to lose. i am sure you have folks that you respect, and even relatives that believe in God. Their belief in God has not stopped them from great achievement and desires. Infact, most will say that their belief in God has enhanced their great achievement and desires. Only believe.
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

This is why I say you need to resolve some issues you seem to be having with the language and carrying out a conversation because you keep stumbling all over yourself here.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 12:36am On Sep 29, 2013
thehomer:
God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell.
Read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man.

God can be accused of theft, murder, genocide and rape because he doesn't own humanity.
Any proof? He says He does, and i am convinced He does. you do not even own yourself. You don't get to decide when you were born or where. You do not know when you will die. Only God knows, stop living in denial.

Do Voltron and Winnie the Pooh have as much effect on your life as this God?
At least Ingersoll had a good head on his shoulders. The same cannot really be said about a supposedly omniscient entity who didn't know what the world he created looked like.
You should read some archaeology and actually read what Ingersoll wrote. The fact that the Bible said that doesn't mean it happened. Read the calculations on the number of people that were supposed to have been wandering through the desert and try to think about whether or not it was possible. But as I said, you'll believe anything as long as it is written in the Bible.
Oh, but you often imply at convenience that God is no different from your favorite cartoon and film/novel characters. Now, you realise that He has much effect on your life. Same way you will say the Bible is no different from any book, until you will later say it has much effect on your life. You need Christ the solid Rock, you are oscillating dangerously. You can't defend what Ingersoll lied that was in the Bible, now you want to further detract into talk about geography. The phrase 'lost soul' finds deep meaning in you.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

No, I said you'll believe anything that was written in the Bible. Learn to read things in context. This is where I first said it and repeated what I meant in this thread.
hehehehehehe. You simply stated As I said, you'll believe anything. Check 7:06pm September 24.

Suppose when I read it, the revelation to me, through the bible, is that it is not true, and God knew that I would know that when I did read it, and knew, if I did not say it, I would be dishonest. Is it possible that He would damn me for being honest, and give me wings if I would play the hypocrite? - Some Reasons Why by Robert Ingersoll

God knew that the majority won't believe in him and decided that he will damn all those that didn't believe in him. How then can you say his purpose wasn't to damn humans? Allah has virgins to offer you, Brahma has Nirvana to offer you. You really should consider those Gods before trying to discount them.
Another vain supposition and assumption. Why are your premises suppostions? Have you ever assumed/supposed that you may be wrong, and that you may end up punished by God? THIS THREAD might help you a little better.
Start a little bit earlier. Adam was at fault, not God. Adam failed, not God. Adam was built to pass, but he failed. God came to rescue as much as He can get from Adam, instead of condemning the whole of Adam's race. He came in Adam's race, as Jesus, and He passed. Jesus overcame, and gives power to humans to overcome like Him. If there was only one soul left on earth, Jesus would still have come to save it. To God, one soul is more precious than the whole earth. To Him, there is no profit in gaining the whole world and losing a soul. God would rather have a small percentage saved than no percentage saved(this is what seems like happening from projections). However, God has made enough provisions that can save the greater percentage. God's creation has not failed, only man failed. The universe is a success story, the angels are a success story, heaven is a success story, many men are success stories for God. you do not have to be a failure.
i do not need virgins. i have more nirvana than Brahma and you could possible offer.

I've never felt incomplete without Jesus. If your God exists, good luck to him. I'm simply using your words to show you the ridiculousness of your position. You've seen the emptiness of your position but you seem to struggle when it made bare.
you do need some originality. You are too lazy or dumbfounded to answer that is why you mimic me, to see the answers i will give to my own posts if asked. You are learning but not coming to the knowledge of truth. You are incomplete without Jesus. You can never have peace without Him since you heard of Him, and so it will be till you're dead. That's how He(Jesus) made all of us bruv. We are complete in Him(Colossians 2v10).
Try not to think about Jesus for a year if you won't fall sick. cheesy

Are you saying humans cannot be killed for any reason? Or that living things cannot be killed for any reason? I've told you what I support so your wailing here doesn't add anything.
You are literate. here is what i said again, re-read instead of asking what i am saying.

Yes, you support abortion, and abortion is the killing of millions of babies annually.

No, the goodness of the God of the Bible is the subject not the Bible since the Bible as you know contains wrong judgements and wrong information. And I love you too - no homo. cheesy
The goodness or otherwise of the God of the Bible is found where? the Bible contains NO wrong judgement or information. i see another ploy to detract issues. You can only run, you cannot hide. Stop running like the devil is chasing you, stay on point. Or maybe he is?
Why did you initially state that i hate atheists? Don't tell me that was yet another assumption.

Then by all means, accept that your gentleness and meekness are superficial. Mine is actually deeper than yours since whether or not your God exists, my own characteristics remain the same.
thankfully, my God exists, so my meekness and gentleness in Him are eternal. You lack meekness, if you were meek, you would not even be arguing, duh. My meekness is in God, i submit to Him fully. As for your gentleness, its hard to tell. i could tell in a day if i lived with you though.

You're not losing me at all. I just thought that inviting men into you under Christianity was an iffy proposition.

Ah, but they tell me "You have no right to pick the bad things out of the bible." I say, an infinite God has no right to put bad things into His bible. Does anybody believe if God was going to write a book now He would uphold slavery; that He would favor polygamy; that He would say kill the heathen, stab the women, dash out the brains of the children? We have civilized him. We make our own God, and we make Him better day by day. - Some Reasons Why - Robert Ingersoll
Wrong thoughts.
Ingersoll and his ignorant soliloquy.

No, I saw actual evil in the Bible like God commanding people to go out and kill everyone in a city including children and infants. You were asking for the meaning of a word. Anyone who knows anything about learning a language should know to look in a dictionary for the meaning of words.
Temperance and other godly and moral qualities are best described in moral books like the Bible. That is where dictionary writers form meanings.
temperance is a fruit of the Holy Ghost, you do not have it.

Do you know what a scrafadoo is? If you know what intellect is, then you should know what a scrafadoo is. It is close to what your intellect is. Have you ever lived underground? I'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a scrafadoo is. I might be surprised though.
i never asked you what a scrafadoo is/was. Are you drunk? Have you ever lived in a rural area? i'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a spirit is. i might be surprised though. Do you know what a conscience is? If you have lived in a rural area, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of spirits.

So are you saying that you do not commit anymore sins? Though Brahma is waiting to lead you to Nirvana. Try following him. If you think he is too strange, then you can try Allah. Muslims are waiting for you.
i was a sinner too, then i heard that Jesus came for me, and i followed Him. i have nirvana, Allah has nothing to offer me that i do not already have.

And I've shown you why the Bible is wrong in several ways. You're the one refusing to discuss the implications of the words in the Bible.

Do not be hasty, that is my motto. - (Treebeard) - The Two Towers
you are only showing that you drummed up your assumptions from thin air. i showed you irrefutable purposes of God creating humans. You are busy with maybes and perhaps, get serious at understanding.

You shouldn't be so ignorant of the Bible. Are you saying you don't know of the passage that recommends people to kill members of their family if they say they want to worship some other God?

Suppose the devil had inspired a book. In what respect would he have differed from God on the subject of slavery, polygamy, wars of extermination, and religious persecution? Suppose we knew that after God had finished his book the devil had gotten possession of it, and written a few passages to suit himself. Which passages, O Christian, would you pick out now as having probably been written by the devil? Which of these two, "Love thy neighbor as thyself," or "Kill all the males among the little ones, and kill every man, but all the women and girls keep alive for yourselves"—which of those two passages would they select as having been written by the devil? - Some Reasons Why by Robert Ingersoll
God never told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, please get your facts right. You are free to quote those facts BTW.
Yet another supposition from Ingersoll. Has he no fact or confidence?

To continue with your analogy, your God hasn't stolen 50 naira, he has stolen more than 500 trillion naira.
Actually, the analogy is about you, not God. you are like the politician who stole 42million naira. you support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours.

So you can attain Nirvana.
Have you attained Nirvana? i have attained more than Nirvana. i see you're reading up on Brahma.

But bacteria are living things aren't they? I have no issues with a woman making her own choices as I've already explained to Mr anony. You can read my responses to him on this issue here.
Of course bacteria are living things, do you accuse people of murder or genocide for killing bacteria? Don't you know that the Amalekites are living things? Don't you know that aborted babies are living things? You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies.

This is why I say you need to resolve some issues you seem to be having with the language and carrying out a conversation because you keep stumbling all over yourself here.
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of in Jerusalem. You do not understand that? How can you? You were caught wrong yet again. God is good.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2013
Image123:
Read and point out where the Bible STATES God's purpose for creating man.

Please explain to me how commanding the killing of children and infants is good.

Image123:
Any proof? He says He does, and i am convinced He does. you do not even own yourself. You don't get to decide when you were born or where. You do not know when you will die. Only God knows, stop living in denial.

What convinced you that he does? If it is someone simply saying that they do, then I own humanity. So do Brahma and Allah. Stop living in denial and believe what I've said.

Image123:
Oh, but you often imply at convenience that God is no different from your favorite cartoon and film/novel characters. Now, you realise that He has much effect on your life. Same way you will say the Bible is no different from any book, until you will later say it has much effect on your life. You need Christ the solid Rock, you are oscillating dangerously. You can't defend what Ingersoll lied that was in the Bible, now you want to further detract into talk about geography. The phrase 'lost soul' finds deep meaning in you.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

He is no more real than any of those characters. Another reason why you need to learn to carefully consider what has been said.
What shall it profit a man to kill his children in God's name and lose his own soul? - thehomer 2013

Image123:
hehehehehehe. You simply stated As I said, you'll believe anything. Check 7:06pm September 24.

As I said, you'll believe anything as long as it was written in the Bible. - thehomer 2013

Image123:
Another vain supposition and assumption. Why are your premises suppostions? Have you ever assumed/supposed that you may be wrong, and that you may end up punished by God? THIS THREAD might help you a little better.
Start a little bit earlier. Adam was at fault, not God. Adam failed, not God. Adam was built to pass, but he failed. God came to rescue as much as He can get from Adam, instead of condemning the whole of Adam's race. He came in Adam's race, as Jesus, and He passed. Jesus overcame, and gives power to humans to overcome like Him. If there was only one soul left on earth, Jesus would still have come to save it. To God, one soul is more precious than the whole earth. To Him, there is no profit in gaining the whole world and losing a soul. God would rather have a small percentage saved than no percentage saved(this is what seems like happening from projections). However, God has made enough provisions that can save the greater percentage. God's creation has not failed, only man failed. The universe is a success story, the angels are a success story, heaven is a success story, many men are success stories for God. you do not have to be a failure.
i do not need virgins. i have more nirvana than Brahma and you could possible offer.

Have you ever supposed that the Bible contains wrong information? Another example of why you need to learn how to consider what has been said. If you're unable to consider abstractions, then you'll find it hard to read and understand Ingersoll. All he is saying is asking you why you should believe something simply because someone told it to you. Especially when what was said makes no sense.

Image123:
you do need some originality. You are too lazy or dumbfounded to answer that is why you mimic me, to see the answers i will give to my own posts if asked. You are learning but not coming to the knowledge of truth. You are incomplete without Jesus. You can never have peace without Him since you heard of Him, and so it will be till you're dead. That's how He(Jesus) made all of us bruv. We are complete in Him(Colossians 2v10).
Try not to think about Jesus for a year if you won't fall sick. cheesy

Aww. Are you seeing the absurdity of your position. It looks like you're too lazy or dumbfounded to think clearly. You are incomplete without Brahma or Allah. You can never replace him since you've heard of him.
Try not to think about Allah for a year and see if you won't fall sick. grin

Image123:
You are literate. here is what i said again, re-read instead of asking what i am saying.

Yes, you support abortion, and abortion is the killing of millions of babies annually.

You aren't dense. here is what I said again, carefully read through what I've said and see the absurdity of your position.

Image123:
The goodness or otherwise of the God of the Bible is found where? the Bible contains NO wrong judgement or information. i see another ploy to detract issues. You can only run, you cannot hide. Stop running like the devil is chasing you, stay on point. Or maybe he is?
Why did you initially state that i hate atheists? Don't tell me that was yet another assumption.

His evil is seen in the actions he recommended according the Bible. If the Bible contains no wrong judgement or information, then why don't you support slavery? Or kill witches? Stop crying as if the devil is whipping you. Try to address the substance of what I say.
I said that because your God hates atheists. If you're now better than your God, then simply say so.

Image123:
thankfully, my God exists, so my meekness and gentleness in Him are eternal. You lack meekness, if you were meek, you would not even be arguing, duh. My meekness is in God, i submit to Him fully. As for your gentleness, its hard to tell. i could tell in a day if i lived with you though.

Thankfully the only God that exists is Brahma and you're not meek. If you were, you won't even be arguing. I don't need a God for any of my characteristics.

Image123:
Wrong thoughts.
Ingersoll and his ignorant soliloquy.

I know you find his plain language difficult but that is your problem not his.

Image123:
Temperance and other godly and moral qualities are best described in moral books like the Bible. That is where dictionary writers form meanings.
temperance is a fruit of the Holy Ghost, you do not have it.

You are deeply mistaken with respect to lexicography if you think the Bible is the source of dictionary meanings.
Temperance is not a fruit of the Holy Ghost. You do not have it.

Image123:
i never asked you what a scrafadoo is/was. Are you drunk? Have you ever lived in a rural area? i'm guessing no, else you'll not be asking me what a spirit is. i might be surprised though. Do you know what a conscience is? If you have lived in a rural area, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of spirits.

You are ignorant and drunk. Have you ever lived underground? I'm guessing no else you'll know what a scrafadoo is. I might be surprised thought. Do you know what intellect is? if you have lived underground, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of scrafadoos.

Image123:
i was a sinner too, then i heard that Jesus came for me, and i followed Him. i have nirvana, Allah has nothing to offer me that i do not already have.

No you don't have Nirvana. The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so if you have Nirvana or will get, then you're following Brahma (who is even more powerful than your God). Allah has several virgins. Do you have several virgins?

Image123:
you are only showing that you drummed up your assumptions from thin air. i showed you irrefutable purposes of God creating humans. You are busy with maybes and perhaps, get serious at understanding.

You're the one presenting fantasies as true. I also showed you irrefutable reasons why your God created humans. You are busy getting confused. Try to avoid ignorance by learning.

Image123:
God never told the Jews to crucify or kill anybody that disagreed with them on religion, please get your facts right. You are free to quote those facts BTW.
Yet another supposition from Ingersoll. Has he no fact or confidence?

You do realize that what Jesus taught was different from what the Jews believe.

NIV:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

This is why I say you should read your own Bible. If you're this ignorant about your Bible, what makes you think you can speak for God?

Image123:
Actually, the analogy is about you, not God. you are like the politician who stole 42million naira. you support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours.

While you and your God are like people who steal more than 500 trillion naira.

Image123:
Have you attained Nirvana? i have attained more than Nirvana. i see you're reading up on Brahma.

You cannot attain Nirvana without Brahma so I guess you're finally considering Brahma.

Image123:
Of course bacteria are living things, do you accuse people of murder or genocide for killing bacteria? Don't you know that the Amalekites are living things? Don't you know that aborted babies are living things? You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies.

Another reason why you need to learn to use language appropriately. If you simply wanted to talk about people, then you should limit your talk to people rather than talking about the larger class of living things.

Image123:
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of in Jerusalem. You do not understand that? How can you? You were caught wrong yet again. God is good.

This is just gross ignorance. According to your own Bible, Jesus was the person who healed the blind, the leper and raised people from the dead. As I've said, your difficulties seem to lie with communicating using the language.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by Image123(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
thehomer:

Please explain to me how commanding the killing of children and infants is good.
No wahala, i will drop it, i knew you could not state where the Bible said God's purposes for creating man were your assumptions. Like when you said "God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell." Ignorant fellows would have thought you had a Bible verse that states this. Instead, we are diverted back to explaining how killing is good. Why don't you start with your explanation for supporting abortion(the killing of babies), millions of them annually. i will follow after you sir.

What convinced you that he does? If it is someone simply saying that they do, then I own humanity. So do Brahma and Allah. Stop living in denial and believe what I've said.
God's Word convinces me that He owns all human life. His Word is filled with so much insight and truth on the human and his nature, and it tells what wil help and improve the human and what will not. It says it so well, better and more correct and current than any other book. If you read the Bible, and see the human being reflected, you will note that this Person speaking knows so much about humans, things that we are just discovering in the ageof enlightenment, civilisation and technology. Little wonder that great men every where cannot do without the Bible, it is a MUST HAVE, and most read and study for every knowledgeable person in every generation. You cannot compare with yourself or wannabes who do not know much about humanity and who have not made the claims that the most High has made. None has given so great salvation as the Only wise God.
Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

He is no more real than any of those characters. Another reason why you need to learn to carefully consider what has been said.
What shall it profit a man to kill his children in God's name and lose his own soul? - thehomer 2013
but he has great influence on your life and on the lives of millions of people greater than you in any aspect for ever. Go figure.

As I said, you'll believe anything as long as it was written in the Bible. - thehomer 2013
Sure. Next time, don't be equivocal, make your point this clear.

Have you ever supposed that the Bible contains wrong information? Another example of why you need to learn how to consider what has been said. If you're unable to consider abstractions, then you'll find it hard to read and understand Ingersoll. All he is saying is asking you why you should believe something simply because someone told it to you. Especially when what was said makes no sense.
Yes i did, then i found out that the Bible does not contain any wrong information of importance. i understand Ingersoll. i do not just believe because someone told me so, i also found it so. Many of the stuff scientists say and do make no sense to the average human. Who cares what and how the panels of the plasma tv and the smartphones work? Who cares about java and binary codes? All we want is the product. God delivers, billions of people in every generation have seen it so.

Aww. Are you seeing the absurdity of your position. It looks like you're too lazy or dumbfounded to think clearly. You are incomplete without Brahma or Allah. You can never replace him since you've heard of him.
Try not to think about Allah for a year and see if you won't fall sick. grin
Don't show this particular quote to any of your fellows, it would embarrass you.

You aren't dense. here is what I said again, carefully read through what I've said and see the absurdity of your position.
You hit a brickwall yet again.Abortion is killing and millions of pregnancies are aborted annually, and you support it.

His evil is seen in the actions he recommended according the Bible. If the Bible contains no wrong judgement or information, then why don't you support slavery? Or kill witches? Stop crying as if the devil is whipping you. Try to address the substance of what I say.
I said that because your God hates atheists. If you're now better than your God, then simply say so.
Ever heard that God so loved the WORLD? Don't speak ignorantly or bigotry.
2Co 5:19 Our message is that God was making all human beings his friends through Christ. God did not keep an account of their sins, and he has given us the message which tells how he makes them his friends.

Thankfully the only God that exists is Brahma and you're not meek. If you were, you won't even be arguing. I don't need a God for any of my characteristics.
Now, you know that you lack meekness.

I know you find his plain language difficult but that is your problem not his.
Not a problem, i would live a thousand times fulfilled without Ingersolls words.

You are deeply mistaken with respect to lexicography if you think the Bible is the source of dictionary meanings.
Temperance is not a fruit of the Holy Ghost. You do not have it.
i talked about moral bookS and moral qualities.

You are ignorant and drunk. Have you ever lived underground? I'm guessing no else you'll know what a scrafadoo is. I might be surprised thought. Do you know what intellect is? if you have lived underground, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of scrafadoos.
Eh sorry, touching on your nerves and long suffering ba? People live in rural areas and urban areas till tomorrow. people do not normally live underground. If you have lived in a rural area, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of spirits. You can go spend like 6 months in a recommended place, you'll never remain the same.

No you don't have Nirvana. The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so if you have Nirvana or will get, then you're following Brahma (who is even more powerful than your God). Allah has several virgins. Do you have several virgins?
On what authority do you state this? Allah has nothing important to offer me that i do not already have(better put).

You're the one presenting fantasies as true. I also showed you irrefutable reasons why your God created humans. You are busy getting confused. Try to avoid ignorance by learning.
Do you know the meaning of 'irrefutable' or you are just childishly mimicking yet again?

You do realize that what Jesus taught was different from what the Jews believe.
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

This is why I say you should read your own Bible. If you're this ignorant about your Bible, what makes you think you can speak for God?

You do know that Jesus' disciples were Jews and they believed Him, right? Jesus did not entice anyone to go and worship other gods. You have shown your ignorance of scriptures yet again, ingersoll has been proven wrong again. Just how wrong does he have to be before you drop his sorryhood?

While you and your God are like people who steal more than 500 trillion naira.
you support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours.

You cannot attain Nirvana without Brahma so I guess you're finally considering Brahma.

Nirvana is spiritual enlightenment and joy. i have that in God, joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Another reason why you need to learn to use language appropriately. If you simply wanted to talk about people, then you should limit your talk to people rather than talking about the larger class of living things.
You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies. Aborted babies are living things.

This is just gross ignorance. According to your own Bible, Jesus was the person who healed the blind, the leper and raised people from the dead. As I've said, your difficulties seem to lie with communicating using the language.[/quote]
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of [b]in Jerusalem
. You do not understand that? How can you? You were caught wrong yet again. perhaps Ingersoll had difficulties comprehending the english language and communicating with it. God is good.

Here is a man that comes into Jerusalem, and the first thing he does he cures the blind. He lets the light of day visit the darkness of blindness. The eyes are opened and the whole world is again pictured upon the brain. Another man is clothed with leprosy. He touches him, and the disease falls from him, and he stands pure, and clean, and whole. Another man is deformed, wrinkled, bent. He touches him and throws upon him again the garment of youth. A man is in his grave, and He says, "Come forth!" and he again walks in life, feeling his heart throb and beat, and his blood going joyously through his veins.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
Image123:
No wahala, i will drop it, i knew you could not state where the Bible said God's purposes for creating man were your assumptions. Like when you said "God's purpose for creating man is to send him to hell." Ignorant fellows would have thought you had a Bible verse that states this. Instead, we are diverted back to explaining how killing is good. Why don't you start with your explanation for supporting abortion(the killing of babies), millions of them annually. i will follow after you sir.

The Bible implies it with its contents. Anyone who can read and think can see this basic fact even if you're unwilling or unable to see it.

Image123:
God's Word convinces me that He owns all human life. His Word is filled with so much insight and truth on the human and his nature, and it tells what wil help and improve the human and what will not. It says it so well, better and more correct and current than any other book. If you read the Bible, and see the human being reflected, you will note that this Person speaking knows so much about humans, things that we are just discovering in the ageof enlightenment, civilisation and technology. Little wonder that great men every where cannot do without the Bible, it is a MUST HAVE, and most read and study for every knowledgeable person in every generation. You cannot compare with yourself or wannabes who do not know much about humanity and who have not made the claims that the most High has made. None has given so great salvation as the Only wise God.
Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

You should check out Brahma's word and the Qur'an. They tell you that at the very least, your God had nothing to do with anything.
Secondly, your God knows very little about humans that is why he thought that Noah's boat could hold all animals, that there was a flood and he didn't know about Australia and the Americas. How can a God create the world and not know what it contains?

This is the creed of the Congregational Church; that is, it is the result of the high-joint commission appointed to draw up a creed for churches; and there we have the statement that the bible was written "by men, under the special guidance of the Holy Spirit." What part of the bible? All of it; all of it; and yet what is this old testament that was written by an infinitely good God? The being who wrote it did not know the shape of the world He had made. The being who wrote it knew nothing of human nature; He commands men to love Him, as if one could love upon command. The same God upheld the institution of human slavery; and the church says the bible that upholds that institution was written by men under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Then I disagree with the Holy Ghost upon that institution.
- Ingersoll's Lecture on "Orthodoxy"

Image123:
but he has great influence on your life and on the lives of millions of people greater than you in any aspect for ever. Go figure.

Yes. We know of his influence in wars and support of slavery. That is why people must work to nullify the effects of this mythical entity.

Image123:
Sure. Next time, don't be equivocal, make your point this clear.

I wasn't being equivocal.

Image123:
Yes i did, then i found out that the Bible does not contain any wrong information of importance. i understand Ingersoll. i do not just believe because someone told me so, i also found it so. Many of the stuff scientists say and do make no sense to the average human. Who cares what and how the panels of the plasma tv and the smartphones work? Who cares about java and binary codes? All we want is the product. God delivers, billions of people in every generation have seen it so.

Oh? So we've gone from the Bible containing wrong information to "wrong information of importance". Therefore, it actually does contain some wrong information though we may disagree on whether or not that wrong information is important. I think they are important.
Oh? You found it to be true that the Noah's flood story is true? That the Adam story is true? That the talking donkey and dead people walking round a city, Jonah and the fish are all true? Please how did you find all this to be true?
Billions of people have been wrong and misinformed.

Image123:
Don't show this particular quote to any of your fellows, it would embarrass you.

If it would embarrass me, why don't you show it to them for me?

Image123:
You hit a brickwall yet again.Abortion is killing and millions of pregnancies are aborted annually, and you support it.

Taking antibiotics is also killing. So is killing in self-defense, defense of someone you care about and miscarriages. Do you support any of them?

Image123:
Ever heard that God so loved the WORLD? Don't speak ignorantly or bigotry.
2Co 5:19 Our message is that God was making all human beings his friends through Christ. God did not keep an account of their sins, and he has given us the message which tells how he makes them his friends.

Well then God was lying when he commanded the killing of those children and infants. Unless you think killing children is a sign of love. I guess the account below is another sign of God's love.

I find in this bible that there was an old gentleman a little short of the article of hair. And as he was going through the town a number of little children cried out to him "Go up, thou bald head!" And this man of God turned and cursed them. A real good-humored old fellow! And two bears came out of the woods and tore in pieces forty-two children! How did the bears get there? Elisha could not control the bears. Nobody but God could control the bears in that way. Now just think of an infinite God making a shining star, having his attention attracted by hearing some children saying to an old gentlemen, "Go up, thou bald head!" and then speaking to his secretary or somebody else, "Bring in a couple of bears now!" What a magnificent God! What would the devil have done under the same circumstances? And yet that is the God they want to put into the constitution in order to make our children gentle and kind and loving.
- Ingersoll's Lecture on "How the Gods Grow"

Image123:
Now, you know that you lack meekness.

Now you know that you lack meekness.

Image123:
Not a problem, i would live a thousand times fulfilled without Ingersolls words.

Doesn't look that way to me.

Image123:
i talked about moral bookS and moral qualities.

I talked about the meanings of the words contained in those books.

Image123:
Eh sorry, touching on your nerves and long suffering ba? People live in rural areas and urban areas till tomorrow. people do not normally live underground. If you have lived in a rural area, you will not be ignorant of the reality/possibility of spirits. You can go spend like 6 months in a recommended place, you'll never remain the same.

Sorry you feel touchy with tit for tat. If you have lived underground, you will not be ignorant of what a scrafadoo is. You can go spend like 6 months in a recommended place. You'll never remain the same.

Image123:
On what authority do you state this? Allah has nothing important to offer me that i do not already have(better put).

Do you have several virgins at your disposal? Allah does. Do you have Nirvana? Brahma is offering it to you. Your God has nothing important to offer me that I do not already have.

Image123:
Do you know the meaning of 'irrefutable' or you are just childishly mimicking yet again?

Yes I know what it means. Do you? Because if you think the Bible offers irrefutable proof, then you don't know what that word means.

Image123:
You do know that Jesus' disciples were Jews and they believed Him, right? Jesus did not entice anyone to go and worship other gods. You have shown your ignorance of scriptures yet again, ingersoll has been proven wrong again. Just how wrong does he have to be before you drop his sorryhood?

You do realize that the Pharisees and Sadducees were Jews and the didn't believe him right?
Secondly, I see you've ignored the passage where the Bible commands you to kill members of your own family if they worship another God. How wrong do you have to be before you abandon your misinformation?

Image123:
you support the annual killing of 42 million babies that are not yours.

You support God's killing of 1 in 4 babies every year from miscarriages that aren't yours.

Image123:
Nirvana is spiritual enlightenment and joy. i have that in God, joy unspeakable and full of glory.

The only way to Nirvana is through Brahma so you do not have Nirvana.

Image123:
You have NO ISSUES with millions of women choosing to kill babies. Aborted babies are living things.

You have no issues with God choosing to kill babies. Fertilized eggs and bacteria are living things.

Image123:
This is just gross ignorance. According to your own Bible, Jesus was the person who healed the blind, the leper and raised people from the dead. As I've said, your difficulties seem to lie with communicating using the language.
There was no man that did all these things you spoke of [b]in Jerusalem
. You do not understand that? How can you? You were caught wrong yet again. perhaps Ingersoll had difficulties comprehending the english language and communicating with it. God is good.

So Jesus didn't do any of those things? Wasn't he killed? Yet you persist in your ridiculous ignorance? What a shame.
Your God is evil.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by InesQor(m): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
@OP:

If you accept that God is creator of all, then you must accept that God is good.

- Good means having desirable qualities suitable for a particular purpose.
- Thus if God is creator of all, he is necessarily good because the creation serves whatever purpose that he desired when he set it in motion.
- This is irrespective of whatever the creation considers "good" to be. The creation cannot "know" good because it cannot comprehend the desirable qualities that set it into motion as at a time when it was not yet in existence.

So I guess it all hinges upon your acceptance that the God you refer to in the OP is creator of all. If you do not accept the conjecture that he is the creator of all, then I guess we'll be having another conversation: to which my first question would be to better understand what you mean by "God" in this case.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: @OP:

If you accept that God is creator of all, then you must accept that God is good.

No I don't have to accept that. He could have created all and still be evil.

InesQor:
- Good means having desirable qualities suitable for a particular purpose.

What is God's purpose?

InesQor:
- Thus if God is creator of all, he is necessarily good because the creation serves whatever purpose that he desired when he set it in motion.

Again, what is this purpose? If his purpose is to get people to kill other people, would you still say he is good?

InesQor:
- This is irrespective of whatever the creation considers "good" to be. The creation cannot "know" good because it cannot comprehend the desirable qualities that set it into motion as at a time when it was not yet in existence.

Then you cannot say this God is good and you're therefore left in ignorance of whether or not he is good. If you wish to take this position, that would be fine.

InesQor:
So I guess it all hinges upon your acceptance that the God you refer to in the OP is creator of all. If you do not accept the conjecture that he is the creator of all, then I guess we'll be having another conversation: to which my first question would be to better understand what you mean by "God" in this case.

I can accept that for the sake of this argument, God is the creator. Now how does this then mean that he is good? After all if the devil were the creator, would you say he is good simply because he created somethings?
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by InesQor(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
thehomer:
No I don't have to accept that. He could have created all and still be evil.
This was a prelude to the argument, I hadn't yet laid out my premises.

thehomer:
What is God's purpose?
How am I to know what God's purpose is? This is a non sequitur as far as the topic is concerned, and it is of no relevance whatsoever.

thehomer:
Again, what is this purpose? If his purpose is to get people to kill other people, would you still say he is good?
If that is his purpose (for which the people exist in the first case) then surely with respect to his plans, it is still good.
When a sculptor carves an image out of marble and there seems to be some "wastage"/rubble to achieve his end purpose would you say the sculptor is good, or good at what he does? Or he is evil because some particles of marble died so to speak?

thehomer:
Then you cannot say this God is good and you're therefore left in ignorance of whether or not he is good. If you wish to take this position, that would be fine.
No actually. As long as we agree that God didn't create by mistake, then in his creation (which is a continuous process as observed in evolution as well as formations of natural resources etc) he continues to achieve his purpose, and thus by definition he is good.

thehomer:
I can accept that for the sake of this argument, God is the creator. Now how does this then mean that he is good?
My point is that "Good" is relative to the observer. What you consider good or evil is entirely subjective to you. But AS LONG AS you are a creation of the creator, then by definition the creator is good in whatsoever he damn well pleases to do with and around you.

You can escape this general definition if you prove that you are not of the creation, or that the God of whom you speak is not the creator. Again, refer to the marble sculptor, whence you are mere particles of marble serving whatsoever the sculptor damn well pleases.

thehomer:
After all if the devil were the creator, would you say he is good simply because he created somethings?
The devil is a creation as well but for the sake of argument, yes, if the devil were the creator then he is surely good.

thehomer:
would you say he is good simply because he created somethings?
Enlighten or humor me with some evidence please. What exactly did this devil create? I'm curious.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor:
This was a prelude to the argument, I hadn't yet laid out my premises.

You had. Your premises were:
1, This God created everything
2, This God is good.

My point is that 2) does not necessarily follow from 1)

InesQor:
How am I to know what God's purpose is? This is a non sequitur as far as the topic is concerned.

If you don't know what God's purpose is, then you cannot say he is good.

InesQor:
If that is his purpose (for which the people exist in the first case) then surely with respect to his plans, it is still good.
When a sculptor carves an image out of marble and there seems to be some "wastage"/rubble to achieve his end purpose would you say the sculptor is good? Or he is evil because some particles of marble died so to speak?

Really? So when you say something is good, what do you actually mean? Because to me, one person commanding another to kill children and infants isn't doing something good.

InesQor:
No actually. As long as we agree that God didn't create by mistake, then in his creation (which is a continuous process as observed in evolution as well as formations of natural resources etc) he continues to achieve his purpose, and thus by definition he is good.

What is your definition or conception of what it means to be good?

InesQor:
My point is that "Good" is relative to the observer. What you consider good or evil is entirely subjective to you. But AS LONG AS you are a creation of the creator, then by definition the creator is good in whatsoever he damn well pleases to do with and around you.

And I disagree because you're using a mysterious idea of what good is. There are several definitions at this link. Please which of them best matches what you mean? If none of them does, then please describe what you mean.

InesQor:
You can escape this general definition if you prove that you are not of the creation, or that the God of whom you speak is not the creator. Again, refer to the marble sculptor, whence you are mere particles of marble serving whatsoever the sculptor damn well pleases.

You're missing the thrust of the argument. The question is whether or not this God is good not whether or not what he's created meets any purpose. After all, there are good sculptors and bad sculptors.

InesQor:
The devil is a creation as well but for the sake of argument, yes, if the devil were the creator then he is surely good.

Okay. So we have the devil too as being good.

InesQor:
Enlighten or humor me with some evidence please. What exactly did this devil create? I'm curious.

Everything you say a God created because from where I stand, your devil is as likely as your God to be the creator.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by InesQor(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
thehomer:
You had. Your premises were:
1, This God created everything
2, This God is good.
My point is that 2) does not necessarily follow from 1)
As at when you replied, no I hadn't laid out my premises. It's right there for everyone to see.

thehomer:
If you don't know what God's purpose is, then you cannot say he is good.
And why is that? Do I need to know Mozart's purposes to appreciate the beauty of his Symphony #40 in G minor (1st movement)? How good he was for creating that masterpiece?

thehomer:
Really? So when you say something is good, what do you actually mean? Because to me, one person commanding another to kill children and infants isn't doing something good.
That is your opinion. As long as you did not create them, you do not know if it was a better or worse option with respect to creation. Neither do I know. But unless we're saying that the creator set things in motion by mistake, then everything he does as per creation is good. BECAUSE he set out to create, and the creation is here now. So as a creator, He is good.

thehomer:
What is your definition or conception of what it means to be good?

And I disagree because you're using a mysterious idea of what good is. There are several definitions at this link. Please which of them best matches what you mean? If none of them does, then please describe what you mean.
What makes it mysterious? Let's see your definitions and consider them.

(1) Acting in the interest of good; ethical.
This one doesn't help in the case because it includes the word good. Using this definition would be a classical fallacy of ignotum per ignotius.
(2) Useful for a particular purpose; functional. THIS ONE
(3) Of food, edible; not stale or rotten.
(4) Of food, having a particularly pleasant taste.
(5) Of food, being satisfying; meeting dietary requirements.
3, 4 and 5 are irrelevant as they pertain to food
(6) Healthful.
Irrelevant, since God is the subject
(7) Pleasant; enjoyable
Not really relevant, since enjoyment is relative
(8 ) Of people, competent or talented.
Relevant to God's purpose in creation, whatever it is; going by the argument of intelligent design
(9) Effective
God as creator is effective, else there will not be a creation
(10) Favourable
Not really relevant, since a favourable nature is relative
(11) Beneficial; worthwhile.
Relevant, see 8 and 9 above
(12) (colloquial) With "and", extremely.
Irrelevant due to nature of usage in this case
(13) (especially when capitalized) Holy.
Rather relevant, but I will discard it because we have not both agreed here that the creator is Holy
(14) Reasonable in amount.
(15) Large in amount or size.
14 and 15 are irrelevant, we are not discussing quantities
(16) Entire.
Irrelevant, we are not discussing extents

Out of 16 definitions on a link YOU provided, about 25% of them of them follow my usage (one of them was the exact one I have used on this thread) and the others are either irrelevant or their usage will constitute a fallacy (or the Christian definition that I dropped for the sake of argument).

So what was your point again about the definition of good?

thehomer:
You're missing the thrust of the argument. The question is whether or not this God is good not whether or not what he's created meets any purpose. After all, there are good sculptors and bad sculptors.
Nah. The question is whether God, as a creator, is good. This is why I asked you earlier on what definition of God you're going with, or whether you'll accept my definition as "creator". As you can see from the wiktionary link you posted, God is indeed good as creator.

There are only bad sculptors because you can compare their work with good sculptors, past and present. In this case, there is an ultimate creator and we don't know for sure if there were better ways to have possibly created, so this point is moot.

thehomer:
Okay. So we have the devil too as being good.

Everything you say a God created because from where I stand, your devil is as likely as your God to be the creator.
This is awkward. We both agreed for the sake of argument that God is creator and now you double-back to say you may as well say the devil is creator? Quit pus$yfooting and creeping, man.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor:
As at when you replied, no I hadn't laid out my premises. It's right there for everyone to see.

Are they different from what I just pointed out?

InesQor:
And why is that? Do I need to know Mozart's purposes to appreciate the beauty of his Symphony #40 in G minor (1st movement)? How good he was for creating that masterpiece?

You're conflating what is being referred to here. Being morally good is different from someone being a good composer.

InesQor:
That is your opinion. As long as you did not create them, you do not know if it was a better or worse option with respect to creation. Neither do I know. But unless we're saying that the creator set things in motion by mistake, then everything he does as per creation is good. BECAUSE he set out to create, and the creation is here now. So as a creator, He is good.

So according to you, a sculptor who creates good art and a sculptor who creates poor art are both good artists?

InesQor:
What makes it mysterious? Let's see your definitions and consider them.

(1) Acting in the interest of good; ethical.
This one doesn't help in the case because it includes the word good. Using this definition would be a classical fallacy of ignotum per ignotius.
(2) Useful for a particular purpose; functional. THIS ONE
(3) Of food, edible; not stale or rotten.
(4) Of food, having a particularly pleasant taste.
(5) Of food, being satisfying; meeting dietary requirements.
3, 4 and 5 are irrelevant as they pertain to food
(6) Healthful.
Irrelevant, since God is the subject
(7) Pleasant; enjoyable
Not really relevant, since enjoyment is relative
(8 ) Of people, competent or talented.
Relevant to God's purpose in creation, whatever it is; going by the argument of intelligent design
(9) Effective
God as creator is effective, else there will not be a creation
(10) Favourable
Not really relevant, since a favourable nature is relative
(11) Beneficial; worthwhile.
Relevant, see 8 and 9 above
(12) (colloquial) With "and", extremely.
Irrelevant due to nature of usage in this case
(13) (especially when capitalized) Holy.
Rather relevant, but I will discard it because we have not both agreed here that the creator is Holy
(14) Reasonable in amount.
(15) Large in amount or size.
14 and 15 are irrelevant, we are not discussing quantities
(16) Entire.
Irrelevant, we are not discussing extents

Out of 16 definitions on a link YOU provided, about 25% of them of them follow my usage (one of them was the exact one I have used on this thread) and the others are either irrelevant or their usage will constitute a fallacy (or the Christian definition that I dropped for the sake of argument).

So what was your point again about the definition of good?

You should have placed that meaning in context. What you're basically saying is that God is useful for a particular purpose. And it raises the questions, who created this God and what is the purpose that God is useful for? Because that is the only way his being useful for a particular purpose makes any sense.

Oh and for your information, when talking about moral goodness, it is definition 1) that comes closest to what is being talked about. You can replace the word "good" there with "ethical". Unless you want to say you don't know what that also means.

InesQor:
Nah. The question is whether God, as a creator, is good. This is why I asked you earlier on what definition of God you're going with, or whether you'll accept my definition as "creator". As you can see from the wiktionary link you posted, God is indeed good as creator.

Being a creator doesn't automatically make you morally good. Saying otherwise just means you're confused about what is under discussion here. Being morally good is very different from being a good artist.

InesQor:
There are only bad sculptors because you can compare their work with good sculptors, past and present. In this case, there is an ultimate creator and we don't know for sure if there were better ways to have possibly created, so this point is moot.

You've just confused yourself further with your analogy. Again, what is under consideration is moral goodness not artistic goodness. Actually if the claims about this God are to be believed, there are better ways to have carried out this creation.

InesQor:
This is awkward. We both agreed for the sake of argument that God is creator and now you double-back to say you may as well say the devil is creator? Quit pus$yfooting and creeping, man.

Why are you confused? Are you unable to attach the label of creator to the devil?
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by InesQor(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
@thehomer

From all the above, I conclude that it is you who are confused, or you didn't clearly state your intentions earlier on.

You asked in WHAT way is God good? And I have shown you one perspective: in light of being Creator.

I haven't been arguing from a moral standpoint, that is entirely beside the point here. I have been arguing that God is GOOD in his function as creator, as it relates to purpose. And this is consistent with everything I've argued on this thread.

Nuff said. I don tire.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: @thehomer

From all the above, I conclude that it is you who are confused, or you didn't clearly state your intentions earlier on.

How much clearer could I have been? Didn't you read the biblical quote in my OP? How could you have read that post and thought that I meant good as in merely being a creator?

InesQor:
You asked in WHAT way is God good? And I have shown you one perspective: in light of being Creator.

Well that perspective is trivial and useless. It means the person who created the movie Titanic 2 is also good merely because he was a creator.

InesQor:
I haven't been arguing from a moral standpoint, that is entirely beside the point here. I have been arguing that God is GOOD in his function as creator, as it relates to purpose. And this is consistent with everything I've argued on this thread.

How can whether or not God is morally good be besides the point on a thread about morality? This is why I say you're very confused.

InesQor:
Nuff said. I don tire.

Not surprised. You quickly get tired when the ridiculousness of your position is revealed.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by InesQor(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
@thehomer

K
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by DeepSight(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Being Life and Light, is necessarily good.

Darkness and death...real death...these are necessarily evil, being the anti-thesis of Life and Light.

The Light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth not the Light.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Deep Sight: Being Life and Light, is necessarily good.

Darkness and death...real death...these are necessarily evil, being the anti-thesis of Life and Light.

The Light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth not the Light.

What? Are you back? Or is someone using your account?
So what are you saying? God is good because he is alive? Well Charles Taylor is alive. Is he also good?
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by DeepSight(m): 12:32am On Oct 05, 2013
thehomer:

What? Are you back? Or is someone using your account?
So what are you saying? God is good because he is alive? Well Charles Taylor is alive. Is he also good?

I refer to primordial eternal Life and Light.
Re: In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party by thehomer: 9:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Deep Sight:

I refer to primordial eternal Life and Light.

You'll need to be clearer than this because I don't know what you're talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

8 Repentant Militants & Kidnappers Become Pastors At OPM / Three Major Things God Wants From You / Christianity In Nigeria: Irrelevance Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 431
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.