Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa (2029 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Army Blockades Boko Haram Base / Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 17, 2013
In the town of Gamburu Ngala
on the border with Cameroon in
northern Borno, residents said
that heavily armed troops and
tanks arrived on Wednesday,
sealing off previously unmanned
border posts.
Northeast Nigeria, the epicentre
of the Boko Haram insurgency,
has porous borders with
Cameroon, Chad and Niger, with
criminal groups and militants
flowing freely between the
countries.
"Since January the border posts
have been abandoned...but now
these posts have been taken
over by soldiers," said resident
Haruna Garba.
Olukolade confirmed that forces
had been sent to the region, but
would not say whether the
borders had been sealed.
Reports of Boko Haram's
presence in Cameroon first
emerged in February, following
the kidnap there of a French
family visiting a game park near
the Nigerian border.
The abduction was claimed by
Boko Haram and the family was
released in April.
Soldiers have surrounded the
town of Krenuwa in Marte
district, also in northern Borno
and one of the areas where
Boko Haram has taken power,
chased away all government
officials and removed Nigerian
flags, residents said.
Abur Kullima told AFP Friday that
he fled his home in Krenuwa in
fear of the coming assault.
He said that after the state of
emergency was declared in a
national broadcast late Tuesday,
Islamist gunmen began moving
through the district trying to
mobilise people "in preparation
to face Nigerian troops."
"I was so scared for my life and
my family's, which led me to
decide to leave," he told AFP
from Gamburu Ngala, where he
is staying with a friend.
Anyone who tries to leave
Krenuwa is screened by the
soldiers who have encircled the
town, he said.
Boko Haram has become
notorious for blending in with
the local population, both in
towns and major cities where
they have carried out suicide
bombings as well as gun and
bomb assaults.
The group says it is fighting to
create an Islamic state in
Nigeria's mainly Muslim north,
but its demands have repeatedly
shifted.
Some believe it has sought
closer ties to foreign extremist
groups like Al-Qaeda's North
Africa affiliate, but most analysts
believe its agenda is primarily
domestic.
Nigeria is Africa's top oil
producer but the population
remains extremely poor and
many of Boko Haram's fighters
are believed to be youths
radicalised out of frustration
with government corruption.
The conflict is estimated to have
cost 3,600 lives since 2009,
including killings by the security
forces.
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Joyfullyme: 2:51pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Afammic(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
pay back time is always horro. But never the less let them have the heat of fire and gunpowder in there land, like we have in 1966: isha Allah.
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by GoodSamaritan: 7:54pm On May 19, 2013
But way are these guys afraid to die? Am so amazed that this people are not ready to die by the hands of the military so they could quickly have their 72 virgins.

But they know how to kill innocent people on a Christmas day. See how callous they are. Coward animals!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Maxymilliano(m): 11:26pm On May 19, 2013
Seems the heat is getting hotter and the noose getting tighter for the son of a gun!
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 19, 2013
*singing MI*I'll b ur superman i'll tk u to d sky.........i b d actor 4 dis Action film!
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 19, 2013
GoodSamaritan: But way are these guys afraid to die? Am so amazed that this people are not ready to die by the hands of the military so they could quickly have their 72 virgins.

But they know how to kill innocent people on a Christmas day. See how callous they are. Coward animals!!!
Hehehehe! No be only 72 Virgins na 72 W.H.O.R.E.S ! Eddddioooooots!
Re: Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa by osaroodion(m): 3:04am On May 20, 2013
nice move by JTF. No way in, no way out.

(1) (Reply)

The Aussie Investigator Indicts Sanusi's CBN As Boko Haram Financier / 10 Evil Corporations Nigerians Patronize Everyday / For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.