Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. (3663 Views)

Am confused right now Pls Help / So Confused Right Now / I Am Confused Because I Truly Love Her............... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 1:38am On May 18, 2013
Mrng peeps, i'm new here and i really need help before i make a mistake i might regret. I'm sorry, it may be a long epistle.
I dated this guy for 3yrs and he was the sweetest thing ever. Met him during my remedials in one of the Federal Unis and he was in his finals then. Treated me like a queen and like a baby, loved me for who i was. Most times i eat my dinner in his room as he will call me to tell me 'Ife,dinner is ready. ' some of my friends were even jealous of us and even tried coming in between us, but it never worked for them. Cos i hate maths and i must pass it to be given admission, he got a friend of his who is a maths guru to teach me (he is also not good in maths). He was so loving, caring, he's everything a woman can wish for, dou imperfect. I even know a lot of his cusins, nieces, nephews and brothers and we have a hood relationship. We both love each other's family.
The issue now is that i decided to quit the relationship last year for no reason, just felt he is not the right man for me. He pleaded but i refused, lots our admirers were even pissed with me for such 'stupidity.' We still communicate and the chemistry is still there, and am considering giving him a chance. Just yesterday he told me of some of the things he had been secretly planning and is about accomplishing, two of which are; opening an NGO and publishing a book (which is about 'us' and to be dedicated to........).

My questions now:
1. Was my decision to quit really silly?
2. Should i give him another chance?
3. If i decide to give him a chance now, won't it make me appear as a gold-digger. Just confused, i need ur comment pls.
N.B: This is my 1st topic, so pls 4give any mistakes and irregularities. And pls no insults, constructive criticism won't be bad though. Thanx.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by ahmmyreal(m): 1:58am On May 18, 2013
how ild ære u?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by ahmmyreal(m): 1:59am On May 18, 2013
how old are u?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by mideeniafe(f): 2:14am On May 18, 2013
Sweetheart, a good man is hard to find. When you've got one, stick with him.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by clockwise(m): 2:17am On May 18, 2013
@ OP, let me start by asking u y did u quit d relationship in d first place? Cos for every action there is a reason. For me, if u give him chance again, u might nt be lucky as u were when u guys just met, and the way he wil treat u nw wil be different frm the former. I can bet u during the time u guys departed, he is nw that days, months wiser. So giving him a chance is lyk saying, come nd reap d fruit of ur labour. and alwaz remember guys are nt trustworthy, though he might pretend, he only want to reap wat he has sow. hope dat helps?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 2:34am On May 18, 2013
ahmmyreal: how ild ære u?
22... Why do u ask?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by priest2u(m): 2:38am On May 18, 2013
@op why did you quit the relationship? Its very important we know why? Do you have other suitors or u are just going back because you don't want to be single?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 2:45am On May 18, 2013
clockwise: @ OP, let me start by asking u y did u quit d relationship in d first place? Cos for every action there is a reason. For me, if u give him chance again, u might nt be lucky as u were when u guys just met, and the way he wil treat u nw wil be different frm the former. I can bet u during the time u guys departed, he is nw that days, months wiser. So giving him a chance is lyk saying, come nd reap d fruit of ur labour. and alwaz remember guys are nt trustworthy, though he might pretend, he only want to reap wat he has sow. hope dat helps?
Well, i left cos i just had dis strange feeling we ain't meant to be together. He was so serious abt marriage and i was concerned abt leaving with his kind of person 4 life. With all his good qualities, he's always comparing me with his ex. That his ex repects him nd even cries whenever she offends him, but me, so stubborn e.t.c. Whenever i do anything wrong, he'll remind me of the wrongs av done lyk 8 months ago, and i hate that with a passion. Doesn't really get angry but when he does, its not always funny but he isn't d violent type (never hit me no matter how angry, he just walks away), but at that time, there is nothing u have to say that he will listen to.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by ahmmyreal(m): 2:47am On May 18, 2013
OP.. why would u leave such a Guy för no reason? Wat more Do u wnt in a Guy than wat he has got? i believe there is more to dis story,.. that ur not telling. is it because of money?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 2:48am On May 18, 2013
priest2u: @op why did you quit the relationship? Its very important we know why? Do you have other suitors or u are just going back because you don't want to be single?
I'm considering accepting him back cos i still love him. I never stopped loving him anyway.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by priest2u(m): 2:52am On May 18, 2013
abishowzonyine:
I'm considering accepting him back cos i still love him. I never stopped loving him anyway.
are you ready for marriage now? is he ready ? or you guys want to continue the boyfriend/girlfriend things?purpose my dear, love is not enough.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 2:55am On May 18, 2013
ahmmyreal: OP.. why would u leave such a Guy för no reason? Wat more Do u wnt in a Guy than wat he has got? i believe there is more to dis story,.. that ur not telling. is it because of money?
As expected, i didn't leave him cos of money. He virtually sponsored himself to school, i understood dat fact and never even bothered him for any money (as i hate bothering anyone to pay my bills apart from my dad, not even my elder ones). Everything he ever gave me was cos he wanted to, we stood by each other. Plus, money was not and is not my priority.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 3:18am On May 18, 2013
priest2u:
are you ready for marriage now? is he ready ? or you guys want to continue the boyfriend/girlfriend things?purpose my dear, love is not enough.
Hmmm... Thanx for this; sometimes love is not just enough
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 3:30am On May 18, 2013
You broke up with a good guy because you felt he wasn't the right man for you. Now you want to go back to him. Why, what're your reasons? He's the one who should be considering giving you another chance. Before you get back together, if you do, you need to come to terms with why you left him in the first place and make sure history doesn't repeat itself.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 3:57am On May 18, 2013
Yield: You broke up with a good guy because you felt he wasn't the right man for you. Now you want to go back to him. Why, what're your reasons? He's the one who should be considering giving you another chance. Before you get back together, if you do, you need to come to terms with why you left him in the first place and make sure history doesn't repeat itself.

Those words struck me hard, but i take it in good fate. Thanx
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 4:00am On May 18, 2013
I am not sure you love this guy you are just afraid you will not meet someone this nice again.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 4:07am On May 18, 2013
andromida: I am not sure you love this guy you are just afraid you will not meet someone this nice again.
Lol.. Don't you think i would have gotten over him a long time ago if i don't? God knws i do, he knows it himself that i love him. And am not afraid i may not meet a nice guy again, am just afraid i may miss he that was made for me cos of one bad nd foolish decision i made.
For every good man i believe there's always a better one.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by buchito1(m): 4:27am On May 18, 2013
My dear, go nd read ur books nd forget bout dis stuufz!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 6:12am On May 18, 2013
OP,pls go and face your studies for now,or are you through with school? And for your information,the guy now has a girlfriend infact not ordinary gf let me say a fiancee but he won't disclose this to you. So it is better you escuado de lapella.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nnekacherry: 6:36am On May 18, 2013
Op I know why you left that guy..
You left him because he is a nice guy.. Because he helps you in everything and always do anything you want for you..
Had it he was exhibiting the bad boy behaviour you wouldn't have left because girls like you prefer the badboys who will use you and dumb you (Yes i said it) to the nice guys..
So please leave that guy alone to pursue his dreams..
Because I'm sure if he accepts you back, you may find another flimsy reason to leave him again..
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 6:55am On May 18, 2013
abishowzonyine:
Lol.. Don't you think i would have gotten over him a long time ago if i don't? God knws i do, he knows it himself that i love him. And am not afraid i may not meet a nice guy again, am just afraid i may miss he that was made for me cos of one bad nd foolish decision i made.
This is a fact, but it could also be your undoing.

For every beautiful lady, there's always one more beautiful than she is. For every good man, there is always a better man. So for how long do you think you'll keep looking for the better man? If you believe you have found a better man, there is another man better than he is, so will you dump the one you thought was previously better, and jump to the New "better"? And when you get there, you jump again?

Love, is when you realize there are gazillions of guys/girls 100 times better than the person you are in a relationship with, but you choose to remain with them.

Here is a shocker for you: You are not the best girl out there. There is someone better than you as well. He might have even met someone better than you but he chose to remain with you. Whether you go back to him or not, that is a fact. If you leave him now, he'll go for someone better than you are. Do you think that the "Miss Nigeria" we have today is really the most beautiful in nigeria? Are there not millions better than her?

Never ever end a relationship where you were not being mistreated, simply because you think you deserve better. . . Ever.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by clockwise(m): 6:56am On May 18, 2013
@ op ur reasons are nt geniune, cos those are the hurdles u most cross bf he will finally make up his mind that u re TRULY A WIFE MATERIAL.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Allwell(m): 7:01am On May 18, 2013
@op to answer your questions, i'd say
1. Yes, you were silly to leave your relationship despite pleas from your guy and friends. I mean you had everything going for you.
Q. 2 and 3 are irrelevant. You aint d one giving him a second chance. He's the one offering it.

Sweety, fate dealt you a good hand in rship, giving you someone you so lovingly described yet u ruined it...not many girls are that lucky you know.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 7:19am On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: This is a fact, but it could also be your undoing.

For every beautiful lady, there's always one more beautiful than she is. For every good man, there is always a better man. So for how long do you think you'll keep looking for the better man? If you believe you have found a better man, there is another man better than he is, so will you dump the one you thought was previously better, and jump to the New "better"? And when you get there, you jump again?

Love, is when you realize there are gazillions of guys/girls 100 times better than the person you are in a relationship with, but you choose to remain with them.

Here is a shocker for you: You are not the best girl out there. There is someone better than you as well. He might have even met someone better than you but he chose to remain with you. Whether you go back to him or not, that is a fact. If you leave him now, he'll go for someone better than you are. Do you think that the "Miss Nigeria" we have today is really the most beautiful in nigeria? Are there not millions better than her?

Never ever end a relationship where you were not being mistreated, simply because you think you deserve better. . . Ever.

Ermm its ok to end a relationship even when you are not being mistreated if you don't have feelings for the person anymore. No one deserves to be managed or be used as a passtime boyfriend or girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 7:24am On May 18, 2013
abishowzonyine:

In this case there is no shame in going back to him. Its ok at this time of your life to take time out to know yourself better and be sure of what you feel for him. But there is the other question do you now see him as "the one" or you just want to date till you find the one.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 7:25am On May 18, 2013
HMMMMM.....yea dats d problem, OP, point of correction, he should be giving u a 2nd chance not d other way round, be careful u mite not meet dat same guy u once dated if u go back, he will always hav a back up plan, u took him unaware initially, he won't want dat same mistake.....commenting out of experience, be ready for a compitition dis time arround, u knw wat I mean. But trust me, going back is a risk worth taking, but u av to define d relationship b4 goin back, he has to knw d main reason y u left him, cos he mite b havin a wrong idea dat u left and comin back cos u didn't meet a beta person. He has to knw y u previously left him and u want him to change if u ar to com back. Mind u, d possibility of meetin d guy u once love and cherished u is not upto 50%...but u mite b lucky giv it a try...only u hav to work harder dis time to kip him and make him who u once dated......TILL DIS DAY I STILL FEAR MY GF even wen she came back, I hav a backup plan, cos I don't want anoda drama....wish u d best dear
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Beync(f): 7:29am On May 18, 2013
While you wait for the perfect man, he died centuries ago. although he promise to come back but we do not know neither the day nor the hour he's coming.

On a serious note if you left the relationship becos of those silly excuses, i doubt if he is not taken by now cos i was expecting you to say u dumped him becos he was violent,a cheat, drunken bout, lair or something. those flaws u mention can be improved upon if u had talk about your worries heart to heart with him. i don't think he is the kind of person that would not listen and adjust from the way you described him.

I think you are trying to get back to him possibly becos u have tried another relationship and discover no match for him
i wish he'll take you back having learned that there's no perfect person.
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 8:11am On May 18, 2013
andromida:

Ermm its ok to end a relationship even when you are not being mistreated if you don't have feelings for the person anymore. No one deserves to be managed or be used as a passtime boyfriend or girlfriend.
Were you forced into the relationship? Were you coerced?
Re: Pls Help, Am Confused Right Now. by Nobody: 8:23am On May 18, 2013
Martowskin: HMMMMM.....yea dats d problem, OP, point of correction, he should be giving u a 2nd chance not d other way round, be careful u mite not meet dat same guy u once dated if u go back, he will always hav a back up plan, u took him unaware initially, he won't want dat same mistake.....commenting out of experience, be ready for a compitition dis time arround, u knw wat I mean. But trust me, going back is a risk worth taking, but u av to define d relationship b4 goin back, he has to knw d main reason y u left him, cos he mite b havin a wrong idea dat u left and comin back cos u didn't meet a beta person. He has to knw y u previously left him and u want him to change if u ar to com back. Mind u, d possibility of meetin d guy u once love and cherished u is not upto 50%...but u mite b lucky giv it a try...only u hav to work harder dis time to kip him and make him who u once dated......TILL DIS DAY I STILL FEAR MY GF even wen she came back, I hav a backup plan, cos I don't want anoda drama....wish u d best dear
True.... I've been thinking about that too. That i may not be lucky this 2nd time cos he may just want to pay me back in my own coin. Lawwwd have mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Love Working Class Girls / Guys Which Do You Prefer,a Career Woman Or A Housewife?? / Men ! Men !! Men !!! What Exactly Do Men Want ? ( A Complain Of A Bitter Lady )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.