Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (15847 Views)

Poll: Should wives have to submit and obey?

Yes: 79% (39 votes)
No: 20% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:55pm On Jan 29, 2007
It shows the type of man he is.
Not more different than many of his kind.
Am igbo man for that matter.
Come do you belong to the type of people that blame women for getting raped,
Anyway you are now making me think I will never allow my daughter to go out with igbo man.
The last time my daughter was at a Nigerian party with me. There was this stupid igbo man that was all over her even tried to force a kiss on her. That type of thing had never happened to her in her life.
Pity she did not tell me on time. The other igbos there did not tell me who it was . They know me and that in some things i know no boundries.
The bastard would have boarded a plane to nigeria that same night
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze now you have started to insult me.
you make my day. you have not disappointed me.
Talk of true colours.
And you dear to take the name of the lord in your mouth.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2007
mamaput:

The bastard would have boarded a plane to nigeria that same night

Na Yam? Abi na beans? This woman you dey talk like 16yrs old. Him go siddon dey look, dey watch make you stitch am up eh? Because na you get Germany.

Some people get mouth pass there brain.

And how are you sure your daughter told you the truth?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by TerraCotta(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2007
mamaput:

And you dear to take the name of the lord in your mouth.

Grammar police--arrest this girl.

This is what you get/when you mess with us kiss

No offense intended, Mamaput--it's an inside joke for another reader.

You're being a bit harsh on Igbo guys here though, aren't you? That drunk fool at the party could have been from anywhere. Don't get too upset by Chima---he's just a bit worried that you're spoiling his shot at a potential Babyosisi. wink
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2007
TerraCotta:

Don't get too upset by Chima---he's just a bit worried that you're spoiling his shot at a potential Babyosisi. wink

@TerraCotta, Babyosisi got married recently cheesy
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:08am On Jan 30, 2007
TerraCotta:

Grammar police--arrest this girl.

This is what you get/when you mess with us kiss

No offense intended, Mamaput--it's an inside joke for another reader.

You're being a bit harsh on Igbo guys here though, aren't you? That drunk fool at the party could have been from anywhere. Don't get too upset by Chima---he's just a bit worried that you're spoiling his shot at a potential Babyosisi. wink

Abeg leave Mamaput and her grammer alone. As an Igbo woman She dey try for the english sef.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2007
GNature:

@TerraCotta, Babyosisi got married recently cheesy

Why she no go marry? Babyosisi is a wife material anyday. All her post is full of wisdom.

She is a true woman and a mother unlike Mamaput.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2007
Am sure because there were witnesses
And am sure he would have boarded that plane.
No be me get Germany but he would have boarded it.
Thats why they did not tell me who the person was.
You have insulted me and now my daughter calling her a lier.
Yes you do belong to the kind of men that say its a girls fault if she gets raped.
She was 16 when this happened and i found out the bastard was in his 30s and illegal here,
They even told me the reason for not telling me that i should cool down.
Even my daughter knew the reason for not telling me on time because she knows me.
The party would have scattered.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:15am On Jan 30, 2007
chimaze:

Why she no go marry? Babyosisi is a wife material anyday. All her post is full of wisdom.

She is a true woman and a mother unlike Mamaput.
3 insult am counting.
well like any normal of your kind you should be so mad now you should go and beat up some one.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:18am On Jan 30, 2007
mamaput:

3 insult am counting.
well like any normal of your kind you should be so mad now you should go and beat up some one.

Mamaput if I've insulted you in anyway or form I tender my sincere apologies.

The thing be say you talk plenty things way make your brother/inlaw vex.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:26am On Jan 30, 2007
chimaze:

Mamaput if I've insulted you in anyway or form I tender my sincere apologies.

The thing be say you talk plenty things way make your brother/inlaw vex.
I accept. But i do not blame you. I hear say UK Nigerian girls de fear well well for their man because nigerbabes de abundant. so if woman misbehave the next one is waiting to take him.
But me i fear nothing only cockroach
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:30am On Jan 30, 2007
mamaput:

I accept. But i do not blame you. I hear say UK Nigerian girls de fear well well for their man because nigerbabes de abundant. so if woman misbehave the next one is waiting to take him.
But me i fear nothing only cockroach

Who be that cochroach way go scare my inlaw? Nothing dey happen, I've got your back cheesy wink.

I hope say you go still give me your daughter marry?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2007
karmna pollllllllice  smiley

mamaput:

chimaze now you have started to insult me.
And you dare to take the name of the lord in your mouth.

Isnt that how it works? then they turn around and talk about other people's words. a certain hypocrite ran off instead of telling her brother to stop being so rude.

anyway the entertaining part of this thread has died, no thanks to you chimanze.

with it all, thread still reached a dead-end.

seun, lock thread  tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:37am On Jan 30, 2007
you see so at the end of the day you want strong woman.
Anyway she wants to go to university and study accounts or some thing like that.
That makes it two houses ABI  igbo Bride price is high.
As i no get husband  i will still ask my papa what he wants. maybe also house.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by phoenixman: 12:39am On Jan 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

seun, lock thread tongue

*shakes head and grin* grin
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:39am On Jan 30, 2007
Toh i am a mature woman  am not offended.
We fight ourselves we settle our selves.
I do that every day.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:41am On Jan 30, 2007
I guess I'm just not a fan of hypocrites MamaPut esp those that get on my back on things constantly while they do worse or watch their friends do/say worse things.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:43am On Jan 30, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I guess I'm just not a fan of hypocrites MamaPut esp those that get on my back on things constantly while they do worse or watch their friends do worse things.

I am not a fan too but for me its limited to the religious ones.
Thats why i hardly go there
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 12:45am On Jan 30, 2007
mamaput:

you see so at the end of the day you want strong woman.
Anyway she wants to go to university and study accounts or some thing like that.
That makes it two houses ABI  igbo Bride price is high.
As i no get husband  i will still ask my papa what he wants. maybe also house.

Mamaput I no know which part of igboland you come from.

Bride price in my town as at 2002 that I left naija is at follows:

Graduate: 2500 Naira
Sec. Sch leaver: 1500 Naira
Primary Sch Leaver 1000 Naira.

This is what I will pay o. If you don't accept it, both of us will elope.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 12:51am On Jan 30, 2007
my papa get double barrel.
our village quarter to enter Asaba.
Anyway good night see you tomorrow.
That money will not even buy toilet paper.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by venusmaze: 2:11am On Jan 30, 2007
goodness embarassed
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Seun(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2007
The discussion has been a very dirty one. Personal attacks left and right. Got to close it. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11)

Marital Agreement / Contract / Getting Married To A Widower / Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.