Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (15856 Views)

Poll: Should wives have to submit and obey?

Yes: 79% (39 votes)
No: 20% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2007
Seun:

We are not poisoning "your" women's hearts. They are not "your" women. They are not your possessions! cheesy

SEUN, My wife owns me and I own my wife ok? My wife and I are one. Why all these division? Most problem in families is caused by division and greed.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2007
your wife is on NairaLand?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput told us in another thread she let her teenage daughter move in with her boyfriend so clearly we have a woman whose set of values are a little odd.

Seun there is nothing wrong with Chimaze saying "our women".
I also refer to Nigerian men as "our men"
Don't worry Seun,you are still very young,by the time you're ready for marriage,I can promise you that those heavily opinionated,strong and independent,never bending women who can go in and out as they choose will be bottom on your list or no where on that list.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2007
Apparently since some people ie mamaput doesnt live according to certain rules, her opinionsarent meant to be taken seriously.

tsk tsk Nigerians sha.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2007
There's a big difference between the one you take home to mama and the one you just take home.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2007
I said i would let her move in not that i let her.
She is happy at home.
Morals my ass.Anybody that wants sex will have it. With our without our knowledge.
I was having sex and my people did not know.
What of the millions of parents that give their kids little or no pocket money to go back to school were is their moral. AS if they do not know their kids have sugar daddy.
lets not start about the double moral standard.
my daughter controls her boyfriend yes because girls at that age are more mature mentally.
He is not complaining.
And by control i do not mean she tells him when to sit down or stand up.
Whats bad in asking the boy to read his books and improve himself.
chimaze  my daughter dose not write here but but she reads sometimes. I might as well tell you "DO NOT SPOIL YEARS OF TRAINING IN ONE TREND"
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2007
I hate  you TOH
just kidding
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2007
babyosisi:

There's a big difference between the one you take home to mama and the one you just take home.
Not just take home. Join in family activities. like going to the granddads birthday.
Treated as part of the family.
The mother putting food down for her to eat.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2007
There is so much greed and selfishness in todays homes.

These days you will see loads of women complaining that most of their properties is in their husbands name. It was never like this before.

Recently I asked my mum if she was happy that most of our properties is in my dads name. She said “no I am not”. I asked her why she wasn’t and she said “all that is my husbands is mine all that is mine is my husbands. Why should I be afraid? He is the father of my children and my children will inherit all of those properties when we are gone”.

She asked me the reason why I asked her this question, and I told her that a girl on Nairaland was in the same situation and asked for advice.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2007
But mamaput, I don't think it is a good idea for your daughter to be controlling her boyfriend in anyway. Guys shouldn't control ladies and vice versa.

Don't let your daughter cultivate a controlling habit in relationships. I guarantee you - it'll backfire at some point.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2007
You people are talking to me as if i am some white Arrow that dose not know what is going on.
Please i was born and breed in Nigeria went to boarding school.
And they all do it .
Am sure the Abotion rate in Nigeria is one of the highest in the world.
Thats the first thing a medical student learns to brush up his pocket money
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2007
But Chimaze honestly in Naija,women have to insist to have their names on everything that's joint property.
Our culture is wicked to widows sometimes
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput:

And by control i do not mean she tells him when to sit down or stand up.

I understood what you meant, unfortunately others need more time to get the grasp of things so perhaps you should use a different word for such people.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2007
GNature they say the way you start something.
She cannot control his life or command him.
But she is laying the rules.
Sometimes she dose not want him around she wants to do something with her girlfriends.
Sometimes his friends call him to play ball he will say no because he wants to see her. But she will make him go and play ball with his friends. Because she dose not want his friends to start hating her.
And if he has a test she will make him read for it and even help him.
whats bad in that.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2007
Oh really.
control means a different thing when a woman does the controlling?
I am in for some education here.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

There is so much greed and selfishness in todays homes.

These days you will see loads of women complaining that most of their properties is in their husbands name. It was never like this before.

Recently I asked my mum if she was happy that most of our properties is in my dads name. She said “no I am not”. I asked her why she wasn’t and she said “all that is my husbands is mine all that is mine is my husbands. Why should I be afraid? He is the father of my children and my children will inherit all of those properties when we are gone”.

In other words? If what your wife has, you own and what youown, your wife owns, why doesnt your dad have your mom on the properties as well?

guess that's submission working it's head?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2007
babyosisi:

mamaput told us in another thread she let her teenage daughter move in with her boyfriend so clearly we have a woman whose set of values are a little odd.

Seun there is nothing wrong with Chimaze saying "our women".
I also refer to Nigerian men as "our men"
Don't worry Seun,you are still very young,by the time you're ready for marriage,I can promise you that those heavily opinionated,strong and independent,never bending women who can go in and out as they choose will be bottom on your list or no where on that list.

Babyosisi my sister, abeg leave seun and TOH make them dey twist my words.

For e.g I said "my sister babyosisi", does it mean that I own babyosisi?

You guys should stop fooling your selves
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2007
obviously it was joke

Lighten UP, chimp.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

You guys should stop fooling your selves

grin lol

Chimaze, seun wasn't that serious when he made that comment cool
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by TerraCotta(m): 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2007
babyosisi:

Oh really.
control means a different thing when a woman does the controlling?
I am in for some education here.

Excellent point. We turn the microphone over to the opposition.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2007
I believe I already said that MaMaPut used the wrong word in explaining how things go for her daughter.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2007
Chimaze,I'll not blame your mom at all,my parents also have several properties and I've never asked my mom if any is in her name as well.
It is not  usually our culture to do so but I've seen where a widow lost everything to the inlaws at the death of the husband so that must be a wake up call for Naija women.
We shouldn't take such chances
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I believe I already said that MaMaPut used the wrong word in explaining how things go for her daughter.

and yet you refuse to accept that submissiveness is not control
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2007
why shouldnt they let their husbands rule eveyrthing, I mean submiting to their husbands should mean their husbands as THE HEAD, should be THE HEAD of all properties

Abi?

tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2007
A woman has to lay in the bed she makes.
She has to make things clear to a man from the start.
For example she cooks for him so anyday he comes he will expect to get something to eat.
She dose not always have time for him so he will not be surprised that she takes time out with the girls.
She is very smart in school and can do his homework for him.
He knows now when he writes a test she will ask him about it because school work is important to him.
Its not her fault that he has an unconditional love for her.
If not she would have listen to his own rules take them or live them
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Actually, I think mamaput was right to use the word control. Based on what I read, control is definately appropriate.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

In other words? If what your wife has, you own and what youown, your wife owns, why doesnt your dad have your mom on the properties as well?

guess that's submission working it's head?

TOH, I don't know how you guys do things in your family. In my family, we are one "one 4 all, all 4 one". It works for us.

My dad bought a Mercedes E-Class for my mum but he drives Benz 200. What have you got to say about it?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
Did someone here not write his mother is not happy.?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2007
That he loves his benz and will not allow anyone to drive it.
I send my daughters to hair dresser but cut my own myself.
what dose that have to say about me
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2007
The man you describe here is not much of a catch.
I wish her better luck with a husband in future.

Posted on: Today at 10:43:29 PMPosted by: mamaput  
Insert Quote
GNature they say the way you start something.
She cannot control his life or command him.
But she is laying the rules.
Sometimes she dose not want him around she wants to do something with her girlfriends.
Sometimes his friends call him to play ball he will say no because he wants to see her. But she will make him go and play ball with his friends. Because she dose not want his friends to start hating her.
And if he has a test she will make him read for it and even help him whats bad in that.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2007
Mamaput You can pat your self on the back. What I know is that any woman that says she is happy to be a divorcee is a bloody lair.

This is what your post is directed at. That you're divorced and loving it. Mamaput You are the GREATEST LAIR OF ALL TIME.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

Mamaput You can pat your self on the back. What I know is that any woman that says she is happy to be a divorcee is a bloody lair.

This is what your post is directed at. That you're divorced and loving it. Mamaput You are the GREATEST LAIR OF ALL TIME.

thankyou you know am great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

Must A Woman Tell Her Husband Everything? / Driver's Wife Delivers Quadruplets In Lagos / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.