Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official (18683 Views)

JAMB Official Cut Off Mark 2016/2017 For All Schools / Jamb Official Burnt Alive Today By Jambites Who Failed At The Centre / How I Was Scammed Through Admission Runz. (learn From My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by proudlysports: 1:04pm On May 20, 2013
This is broad day light robbery!!!

Can't the EFCC do something about it? I believe the bank should be able to provide the account owner's address?? Or don't they do KYC in banks again?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by dopeJemi: 1:04pm On May 20, 2013
ferdimako:

informations?
information cool
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 20, 2013
dopeJemi: some bLogs do give out informations, Like my friend's bLog
Lol. Informations is wrong. You should use information. Plural form of information is information.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by dopeJemi: 1:14pm On May 20, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol. Informations is wrong. You should use information. Plural form of information is information.

okay! cool thanks

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 20, 2013
I'm quite sure if it were to be a boy that wrote all those, he would have been cursed nd insulted to full..
Whatever, girl, u are naive nd its so obvious.
We don't knw all in a day, we learn as days go by.
Im sure u and others have learnt ur lesson.
Advice, do not waste ur score, prove urself worthy in yr post utme nd m certain, ud come out in flying colours. Go thru yr brochure religiosly if change of course/institution is to be done..
U dont seem to be dull @ all. All d best.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by ruffhandu: 1:18pm On May 20, 2013
Account Name: Kingsley Imoh
Account Number: 0043751340

Hello Cynthia,
Please which bank?

I suggest you write to EFCC, he can be tracked
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by An0nimus: 1:22pm On May 20, 2013
I'm just hoping i'm not the only one who didn't read all of thisundecided.

The OP looks smart though, most 17 year olds after passing through what she passed through won't write about it - and on Nairaland too. na to update status for bbm and 2go nai them for dey do.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by DICKtator: 1:23pm On May 20, 2013
You fell for this?
OMFG!!!!
You are definitely young!!!
At that if you are sure you have been scammed,you can report to the bank on the activities of the account holder who in turn may involve EFCC/Police
I am shocked that you fell for this!!
Upgrade JAMB result? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Both parties are guilty if you ask me though!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by ecode1(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2013
I am just in love with your written English. You sure do have something upstairs. Thanks for sharing though not useful to me, but will surely pass it down to my younger ones(Cousins,nieces etc.) I bet you, i won't fall for that. Reason being that i only deal with people physically and not through email, phone, etc. excerpt I've done deal with them at first. And again, i don't believe in short cut, because it is always a set-up.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by TheMatrix3: 1:25pm On May 20, 2013
Poor girl. I'm happy NL'ers didnt slay her dis tym cos we all could see innocence and desperation through her fallibleness. Like someone said, look beyond the low score. Your diction is excellent too. You read thru a text book 6 times I read thru a text book once in my 1st year and I got an A. I really envy u. U just need a good tutor to guide u. Wish u all d best
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Mobsync(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2013
Sorry about that.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by kaboninc(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2013
Honestly you need to be lashed on what you just did. After refusing all the advises from your instinct and brother, you went ahead and got scammed! Are you more experienced than your brother? Who even told you that its possible? Don't you know that JAMB keeps both hard and soft copies of results? Don't you know that they are confirmed during admission by the University? And it may affect you during your Youth Service scheme?

Even WAEC passes through this same process? The generation of today....read, they won't, think they won't, learn they won't, ok...be productive, still they will refuse.

And Cynthia, are you saying that your parents would have supported you if you had brought in a doctored result? Na wa!

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by tonididdy(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2013
Harbioollah: @Poster. With 180, you can fill in for Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. They accept 180 for Economics, provided you have a good O'level score
@op this is your best solution
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by anonimi: 1:40pm On May 20, 2013
osaass: Your family seem really nice and supportive.
Don't see yourself as a failure. See the low score as an opportunity to score very well in next JAMB.
Aim high. Why study economics when you can go for a professional course like accounting. Your job prospects are better as well.
My first jamb was at 16, score 214, not good enough for pharmacy. Redoubled efforts and went for medicine, scored 251 and second highest in the department.
Every disappointment is a blessing
Good luck

Nice motivational post except for the bold part.
Economics gives a wider perspective, which is good for starters and you can do accounting professional exams later working with an audit firm, bank etc.

Meanwhile I hope the OP and others like her have learnt their lesson:

Do not seek to upgrade your result by BRIBING any official or middle man/agent.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 20, 2013
OMG this is one of the things that is really weighing me down,my younger bro got 178 and have been disturbing my mum for 15k,saying a jamb official want to help him upgrade his score,my mum called to inform me and I told her it was a scam and that there is no way a result will be out and u can upgrade the score. Since she refuse giving him the money he has been disturbing her,refuse to do anything she ask him to and refuse to talk to us,I felt for her b'cos he is the only one with her in lagos. When will all these young ones realise that faster and easier things without work will never profit them? My 1st jamb was 266 and the 2nd 261 now he has refuse to talk 2 me b'cos he felt I know som1 in jamb office that am not introducing him 2. It such a pity this is happening.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by blackbeau1(f): 1:47pm On May 20, 2013
sorry but for future purpose, you should know that in life,nothing beats personal effort.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Ilaje44(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2013
Before I comment, I would like to know if the JAMB upgrading thing is a LEGAL THING. Is it legal to upgrade jamb results? Or was this girl trying to cut corner? I would appreciate your feedbacks.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 20, 2013
He wasn't a jamb officer but a poorly trained thief who capitalizes on peoples failure to chop their money. My dear sorry for your experience its now you have started growing up. Welcome to the real world.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Elvis295(m): 2:03pm On May 20, 2013
Point of correction. U wer nt scammed by a jamb official. U wer scammed by a rogue.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Ilaje44(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2013
Ilaje44: Before I comment, I would like to know if the JAMB upgrading thing is a LEGAL THING. Is it legal to upgrade jamb results? Or was this girl trying to cut corner? I would appreciate your feedbacks.

So the girl was trying to cut corners? And these are the one saying the people of my generation are corrupt. Meanwhile, they are not even different from us. My daughter, hardwork pays most times in most countries, and sometimes in Nigeria.

O ga o. Ti o ba ya nisiyi, won a so wipe iran wa lo nse jibiti. Aisododo ti wa ninu eje opopolopo awon ara orilede yii paapaa gan lati inu oyun. O ma se o!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Elvis295(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2013
grin somtin tells me dat if dis girl wer to score low nex year nd anoda rogue comes to her she wil equally fall. I fink its in her nature to be gullible. Jst a thought.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by kamelonaire(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2013
As u said, u her not the first nd not the last, dat niger for u, every body is finding our to survived, student her full in in this type of victim bcus of result. only God fit help dis obodo nigeria we de so
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Ilaje44(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2013
kaboninc: Honestly you need to be lashed on what you just did. After refusing all the advises from your instinct and brother, you went ahead and got scammed! Are you more experienced than your brother? Who even told you that its possible? Don't you know that JAMB keeps both hard and soft copies of results? Don't you know that they are confirmed during admission by the University? And it may affect you during your Youth Service scheme?

Even WAEC passes through this same process? The generation of today....read, they won't, think they won't, learn they won't, ok...be productive, still they will refuse.

And Cynthia, are you saying that your parents would have supported you if you had brought in a doctored result? Na wa!

Dont mind them. Imagine, a 17 year old already in the system of corrupt practices. And the appalling thing, the parent wont even chastise her. Nigeria is really a mess honestly.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by welgate(m): 2:17pm On May 20, 2013
stagger: OP,

Serves you right. People like you think that all things on earth can be attained through the back door. The year I wrote JAMB, the cut off for my department was 283. Yes you read that right. That was when a score of even 220 would ensure you wrote the exam next year.

A friend of mine scored 253 and his department cutoff was 254. All pleadings to get him admitted failed. He had to rewrite the exam the next year and he scored 302 which enabled him get in.

You students should go home and read. Many of you do not take time to find out more about the exam you are writing. For instance, the UTME employs negative marking. You do not score 0 for a wrong answer. You score -1 for a wrong answer.

I suggest you go back home and read hard for the next exam. If possible, stop using all those social media and throw away all distractions. I wrote JAMB when the only station on TV was NTA (opened by 4.30pm and closed by midnight), and the only form of entertainment was VHS video. Then, we had to wait 7 months to get JAMB result.

NO MOBILE PHONES, NO BBM, NO FACEBOOK, NO TWITTER, NOTHING! ZILCH, NADA! We thought it was suffering, but it has turned out to be a blessing to my generation because we had no distractions.

Throw away all your distractions and read hard for your exam. If I could write JAMB once without any expo, without sorting anybody and without even attending any JAMB preparation classes, you can also do it. I do not have two heads and neither does anyone else who entered university clean and clear.
Please I will like to correct you by emphasizing that JAMB does not employ negative while marking UTME.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by nairalad: 2:18pm On May 20, 2013
stagger: OP,

Serves you right. People like you think that all things on earth can be attained through the back door. The year I wrote JAMB, the cut off for my department was 283. Yes you read that right. That was when a score of even 220 would ensure you wrote the exam next year.

A friend of mine scored 253 and his department cutoff was 254. All pleadings to get him admitted failed. He had to rewrite the exam the next year and he scored 302 which enabled him get in.

You students should go home and read. Many of you do not take time to find out more about the exam you are writing. For instance, the UTME employs negative marking. You do not score 0 for a wrong answer. You score -1 for a wrong answer.

I suggest you go back home and read hard for the next exam. If possible, stop using all those social media and throw away all distractions. I wrote JAMB when the only station on TV was NTA (opened by 4.30pm and closed by midnight), and the only form of entertainment was VHS video. Then, we had to wait 7 months to get JAMB result.

NO MOBILE PHONES, NO BBM, NO FACEBOOK, NO TWITTER, NOTHING! ZILCH, NADA! We thought it was suffering, but it has turned out to be a blessing to my generation because we had no distractions.

Throw away all your distractions and read hard for your exam. If I could write JAMB once without any expo, without sorting anybody and without even attending any JAMB preparation classes, you can also do it. I do not have two heads and neither does anyone else who entered university clean and clear.

^
The fact that you wrote JAMB before entering university doesnt make you any smarter. You are part of this rotten system. Some of these candidates are simply victims of corruption. How do you explain the fact that JAMB sold 1.7million forms for just 520,000 university openings? Is JAMB now a business venture?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by kaboninc(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2013
nairalad:

^
The fact that you wrote JAMB before entering university doesnt make you any smarter. You are part of this rotten system. Some of these candidates are simply victims of corruption. How do you explain the fact that JAMB sold 1.7million forms for just 520,000 university openings? Is JAMB now a business venture?

Its people like you who spoil our system and makes it rotten. How are the victims candidates of corruption? I don't think I have the time to give analysis on this. So make your research and do not be among the 'crowd'!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by kemisuga(f): 2:25pm On May 20, 2013
So sorry Dearie. It is well. I like your post. wink
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 20, 2013
the guys number is no going tru
no comments on his post
baD write up graMMATICAL ERROR
THE GUY NA PROF
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by kaboninc(m): 2:38pm On May 20, 2013
Ilaje44:

Dont mind them. Imagine, a 17 year old already in the system of corrupt practices. And the appalling thing, the parent wont even chastise her. Nigeria is really a mess honestly.

Honestly I tire. Its appalling! The problem is in us. The solution is also within us.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by mesther96(f): 2:38pm On May 20, 2013
xo xory@op,mayb u gt a chang of uni 2 mayb funaab,uniosun,lautech,oou.....jez suggesting
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by CallmeJKLUE(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2013
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Napolitano(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2013
If you were duped by a scammer. What will you call yourself who was trying to scam the system. So if it was actually true, you would pay to gett your score upgraded? If this were to be a police case, you would definitely be roped too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List / Teachers Protest In Calabar At House Of Assembly Over DSS Beating Of Teachers(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.