Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official (18652 Views)

JAMB Official Cut Off Mark 2016/2017 For All Schools / Jamb Official Burnt Alive Today By Jambites Who Failed At The Centre / How I Was Scammed Through Admission Runz. (learn From My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by avr247: 2:53pm On May 20, 2013
Cynthia joseph: How I Was Scammed By A Fake And Wicked Jamb Official

Hello Nairalanders.
My name is Cynthia Joseph, am 17 years old and i would like to share my jamb story with you guys, so other people will not be deceived as i was deceived

I wrote jamb last year while i was still in ss3 and i got 204, i was just testing my ability so i did not take the jamb serious when my dad saw the result he said wow.. am sure my baby would make 250 next year.

This year jamb exam was to hold on April but due to the fact that i was at home after my waec i have started reading and preparing for jamb since December 2012, My course is economics and i was sitting for maths, English,commerce and economics. I read my commerce and economics text book 6 times before the jamb examination. And i attended jamb lessons to support myself in english and maths.

A day to the exam i was very confident that i would murder all the questions that will come out in jamb and yes i did but to my greatest disappointment i go 182. I checked my result in 3 cyber-cafe because it was so hard for me to believe it was my result, i cried and cried but the crying did not change anything.
My parents were not disappointed they were just surprised that i got that score but they said its God's doing that i should wait for next year.. That was the saddest sentence i have ever heard in my life.
When my neighbor check his own he scored 215, he was so shocked he thought jamb made a mistake but what made him believe it was his result was because he used CHOKES.

The night before the exam we were all seated in our compound so he told me that he will not sleep tonight, i asked why and he said he his waiting for chokes i laughed and said 'do you know that Jamb is the only examination that the answers don't get leaked?' I was wrong.. Out of curiosity i stayed with him so i could see the answers he was expecting, by 11pm he got English, by 2am commerce and economics entered.. He said maths was going to leak by 8am in the morning.

He had a very bad handwriting so I helped him copied all the prepared answers from his cell phone to a small piece of paper when i finished i advised him not to use it that it might be wrong and how will he know that the paper types will correspond? he replied by saying 'na today' He told me to copy my own down so we can use it together i declined.

If i only i could see the future i would have accepted his offer and use the prepared answers.

Two weeks after the examination i came across a website www.upgradejamb..com/ When i saw the website i was shocked and i showed it to my elder brother who was a graduate he discouraged me to forget about the site, that it is against the law, he went further saying if i get caught i will spend some years in jail,but i laughed it off

I read all what was written on the website and it was so perfect that i believed every word that was written there, So i called the phone number and a guy picked it up, i told him that i saw his number on a jamb site and that i will like to upgrade my jamb score from 182 to 205, he said that's not a problem and he would help me do it in 5 hours after payment. he requested for my jamb details which i sent and he told me that when i pay the money i should call him..

I was kinda happy and i decided not to tell my parents, i will use the upgraded result as a surprise to them, i brought out all my savings it was 3,500 naira i could put together so i lied to my elder bother that i want to learn how to type and the typist requested for 1,500 naira. he gave it to me immediately and said after i learn it i will be more useful to him and i will have something doing.

The next day i headed to the bank and i payed the sum of 5,000 naira into his account Account Name: Kingsley Imoh
Account Number: 0043751340
I called him and he said he got an alert that after 5hours i should go and re-print my result. Unfortunately when i went to the cyber cafe i was told my jamb card has been used many times that i need to get a new jamb card, i was sad because i don't know where to get the money. Actually the man selling jamb stuffs is my church member so i went to get the card on credit with the belief that when my parent see the result they will be very happy and they would pay for the card.

But to my greatest surprise i checked my result and nothing changed i waited for the next day checked again and i still saw my same score.. i called him and he did not picked, i sent him messages he replied saying its a database complication that i should wait for an hour and check back, i waited for two hours and checked but i still saw the jamb score, i called him but his phone was not reachable . Till now his phone is not reachable it was that moment i realized i have been scammed. I took the courage and i told my parents what happened. i showed the the website and they said its not my fault that even if they were the one they would fall for it. So they paid for the jamb card and enrolled me into a computer school and i apologized to my elder bro for lying to him.

Its not like i want a refund or something. I just want people to know that this upgrading stuff is not real and i wish someone can caught the owner of that site and lock him up cause i believe i am not his only victim and i will not be his last.

Thanks for reading and you all can ask me any questions you like but no insults please. check out the website www.upgradejamb..com/
And see if you won't fall for it

Dis girl u r a boffon! U saw chokes u no use, u claim righteousness. But wen u see upgrade u rush am. Better choose whr u belong, stop acting fake. Be good or bad don't sit on the fence. Na God catch u

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by wola44: 3:01pm On May 20, 2013
Pls let all nairaland fish out this scammer, Those in authority should assist.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by jmoore(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2013
The one at fault is the candidate that wants to upgrade her result.

Don't you know the official website of JAMB?

Is there anything like upgrading of results in JAMB brochure? smh

"Mugus" are the reason why scammers are making money.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 20, 2013
tensazangetsu: @ op, you write really well, am sorry for what happened to you its just the country we are born into why don't you try a predegree or diploma programme or poly instead of waiting a whole year at home.
pls wen wil pre degree form be out for FUNAAB AND AAUA akungba..
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Vincent41(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2013

Hello Nairalanders.
My name is Cynthia Joseph, am 17 years old and i would like to share my jamb story with you guys, so other people will not be deceived as i was deceived

I wrote jamb last year while i was still in ss3 and i got 204, i was just testing my ability so i did not take the jamb serious when my dad saw the result he said wow.. am sure my baby would make 250 next year.

This year jamb exam was to hold on April but due to the fact that i was at home after my waec i have started reading and preparing for jamb since December 2012, My course is economics and i was sitting for maths, English,commerce and economics. I read my commerce and economics text book 6 times before the jamb examination. And i attended jamb lessons to support myself in english and maths.

A day to the exam i was very confident that i would murder all the questions that will come out in jamb and yes i did but to my greatest disappointment i go 182. I checked my result in 3 cyber-cafe because it was so hard for me to believe it was my result, i cried and cried but the crying did not change anything.
My parents were not disappointed they were just surprised that i got that score but they said its God's doing that i should wait for next year.. That was the saddest sentence i have ever heard in my life.
When my neighbor check his own he scored 215, he was so shocked he thought jamb made a mistake but what made him believe it was his result was because he used CHOKES.

The night before the exam we were all seated in our compound so he told me that he will not sleep tonight, i asked why and he said he his waiting for chokes i laughed and said 'do you know that Jamb is the only examination that the answers don't get leaked?' I was wrong.. Out of curiosity i stayed with him so i could see the answers he was expecting, by 11pm he got English, by 2am commerce and economics entered.. He said maths was going to leak by 8am in the morning.

He had a very bad handwriting so I helped him copied all the prepared answers from his cell phone to a small piece of paper when i finished i advised him not to use it that it might be wrong and how will he know that the paper types will correspond? he replied by saying 'na today' He told me to copy my own down so we can use it together i declined.

If i only i could see the future i would have accepted his offer and use the prepared answers.

Two weeks after the examination i came across a website www.upgradejamb..com/ When i saw the website i was shocked and i showed it to my elder brother who was a graduate he discouraged me to forget about the site, that it is against the law, he went further saying if i get caught i will spend some years in jail,but i laughed it off

I read all what was written on the website and it was so perfect that i believed every word that was written there, So i called the phone number and a guy picked it up, i told him that i saw his number on a jamb site and that i will like to upgrade my jamb score from 182 to 205, he said that's not a problem and he would help me do it in 5 hours after payment. he requested for my jamb details which i sent and he told me that when i pay the money i should call him..

I was kinda happy and i decided not to tell my parents, i will use the upgraded result as a surprise to them, i brought out all my savings it was 3,500 naira i could put together so i lied to my elder bother that i want to learn how to type and the typist requested for 1,500 naira. he gave it to me immediately and said after i learn it i will be more useful to him and i will have something doing.

The next day i headed to the bank and i payed the sum of 5,000 naira into his account Account Name: Kingsley Imoh
I called him and he said he got an alert that after 5hours i should go and re-print my result. Unfortunately when i went to the cyber cafe i was told my jamb card has been used many times that i need to get a new jamb card, i was sad because i don't know where to get the money. Actually the man selling jamb stuffs is my church member so i went to get the card on credit with the belief that when my parent see the result they will be very happy and they would pay for the card.

But to my greatest surprise i checked my result and nothing changed i waited for the next day checked again and i still saw my same score.. i called him and he did not picked, i sent him messages he replied saying its a database complication that i should wait for an hour and check back, i waited for two hours and checked but i still saw the jamb score, i called him but his phone was not reachable . Till now his phone is not reachable it was that moment i realized i have been scammed. I took the courage and i told my parents what happened. i showed the the website and they said its not my fault that even if they were the one they would fall for it. So they paid for the jamb card and enrolled me into a computer school and i apologized to my elder bro for lying to him.

Its not like i want a refund or something. I just want people to know that this upgrading stuff is not real and i wish someone can caught the owner of that site and lock him up cause i believe i am not his only victim and i will not be his last.

Thanks for reading and you all can ask me any questions you like but no insults please. check out the website www.upgradejamb..com/

the gready ones will always be duped.....some are happy with 170 ;169 and u are sad with 180..na waaaaaaa oooo
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by DidiLove1: 3:34pm On May 20, 2013
@OP....

U have the guts to come here and post of being scammed whan it was you that actually intended to scam the system by paying for and getting an upgrade! Don't go home and read your books, sit here and be posting crap.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Okijajuju: 3:43pm On May 20, 2013

Hello Nairalanders.

Is this OP a r`etarded fish or what?!

First of all Madam OP!! You sound really dumb.. You saw the questions before an exam and still failed it?! So when you were helping your friend copy questions the night before, it didnt occur to you to study them as part of your revision for the examination?! And then you try to pay someone to change your result and you come here to scream that you were scammed?!
You must be a factory fitted dunce.. angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Hugo7(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2013
Just before i read this a men asked me if the upgradeing stuff was for real that he has been seeing stuffs like that online.
Well i just told him it was all scam cos his two children, not knowning a nairaland was already a victim..
182 can go a long way for state uni or poly..
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by naUgotire: 3:48pm On May 20, 2013
Ntooo gi! Next time study hard for your examination. Children of nowadays. How come you had the shameless boldness to post this here? You were scammed because you wanted to do something very illegal. Your elder brother warned you and even told you of the implications, yet, you ignored him. May I say that your parents are not setting a good example for you. If I were to be in their shoes, I wuda whopped you behind. Could you imagine their reaction when they found out what you wanted to do? They are indeed, very pathetic and sorry excuse as parents.!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Okijajuju: 3:49pm On May 20, 2013
Hugo7: Just before i read this a men asked me if the upgradeing stuff was for real that he has been seeing stuffs like that online.
Well i just told him it was all scam cos his two children, not knowning a nairaland was already a victim..
182 can go a long way for state uni or poly..

Please, what was your JAMB score?! angry
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 20, 2013
Just prep for next year or try a state uni or poly. This year's results were sooo scary! Before I checked mine, a friend said she got 132! Mehn! I almost fainted when I heard this. I thought of all what my parents would say shuld I score below the 230 they expected but I thank God to scored 241. I pray it(and my post ume score) will be enough to get me admission to study Econs @ UniZik. Your parents are nice sha...goodluck to you!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by indoorlove(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2013
My advice, as u move on in life, always listened to the voice of elders. Your attempt to run faster than your shadow landed you in this mess, but there is hope for you because you just learnt something, albet, the hard way one of the many roads that look smooth but lead to nowhere. Every short cut is and always a wrong cut.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by jackpot(f): 4:59pm On May 20, 2013

Hello Nairalanders.

Hi Cynthia, with 180 and above, you can still get admission in a federal university. i know of one that can take you. Can you get up to 40 in a Post-Ume? Are you in South East? if so, send me a PM.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 20, 2013
stagger: OP,

Serves you right. People like you think that all things on earth can be attained through the back door. The year I wrote JAMB, the cut off for my department was 283. Yes you read that right. That was when a score of even 220 would ensure you wrote the exam next year.

A friend of mine scored 253 and his department cutoff was 254. All pleadings to get him admitted failed. He had to rewrite the exam the next year and he scored 302 which enabled him get in.

You students should go home and read. Many of you do not take time to find out more about the exam you are writing. For instance, the UTME employs negative marking. You do not score 0 for a wrong answer. You score -1 for a wrong answer.

I suggest you go back home and read hard for the next exam. If possible, stop using all those social media and throw away all distractions. I wrote JAMB when the only station on TV was NTA (opened by 4.30pm and closed by midnight), and the only form of entertainment was VHS video. Then, we had to wait 7 months to get JAMB result.

NO MOBILE PHONES, NO BBM, NO FACEBOOK, NO TWITTER, NOTHING! ZILCH, NADA! We thought it was suffering, but it has turned out to be a blessing to my generation because we had no distractions.

Throw away all your distractions and read hard for your exam. If I could write JAMB once without any expo, without sorting anybody and without even attending any JAMB preparation classes, you can also do it. I do not have two heads and neither does anyone else who entered university clean and clear.

Pick on someone of your own size and stop making noise!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 20, 2013

Serves you right. People like you think that all things on earth can be attained through the back door. The year I wrote JAMB, the cut off for my department was 283. Yes you read that right. That was when a score of even 220 would ensure you wrote the exam next year.

A friend of mine scored 253 and his department cutoff was 254. All pleadings to get him admitted failed. He had to rewrite the exam the next year and he scored 302 which enabled him get in.

You students should go home and read. Many of you do not take time to find out more about the exam you are writing. For instance, the UTME employs negative marking. You do not score 0 for a wrong answer. You score -1 for a wrong answer.

I suggest you go back home and read hard for the next exam. If possible, stop using all those social media and throw away all distractions. I wrote JAMB when the only station on TV was NTA (opened by 4.30pm and closed by midnight), and the only form of entertainment was VHS video. Then, we had to wait 7 months to get JAMB result.

NO MOBILE PHONES, NO BBM, NO FACEBOOK, NO TWITTER, NOTHING! ZILCH, NADA! We thought it was suffering, but it has turned out to be a blessing to my generation because we had no distractions.

Throw away all your distractions and read hard for your exam. If I could write JAMB once without any expo, without sorting anybody and without even attending any JAMB preparation classes, you can also do it. I do not have two heads and neither does anyone else who entered university clean and clear.

Pick on someone of your own size and some making noise!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by creativemusic: 5:28pm On May 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Youngsage: 5:29pm On May 20, 2013
Elvis295: Point of correction. U wer nt scammed by a jamb official. U wer scammed by a rogue.
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Shalome(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2013
tonididdy: @op this is your best solution
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Pius007: 5:47pm On May 20, 2013
EFCC or ICPC should track this fraudster via his name and account number. Imagine 5,000 from a small girl Haba!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Shalome(m): 5:51pm On May 20, 2013
Get Change of institutn form n change to kogi state uni, dey accept 180 n dia post utme is pwetty cheap n cosidering u SEEM to av sumfin upstairs albeit being naive, admission tis yr is guaranteed!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 20, 2013
My dear u did wel,u reached 180,change of course/institution form is stl on.going buy it and change ur ist choice 2 any state uni of ur choice
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 20, 2013
Lwkmd... u must be a great learner. Sorry sweet
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Akiika: 6:57pm On May 20, 2013
Please don't tell me a case like this cannot be reported to the police. I'll refrain from fustigating you especially since you've learnt in a hard way. But why is JAMB still written once in a year in 21st century? I think there should be the option of writing it electronically and score made available instantly, any student that wishes to write a paper test should schedule one. We copy a lot of garbage from the western world but leave out the beneficial ones.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by howfarwhatagwan: 7:56pm On May 20, 2013
Are Nigerians for real? Someone is thinking that an exam upgrade site is authentic? and instead of people to spell out the truth you were trying to CHEAT they are sympathizing? I think we have all gone bonkers in this country.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by MrAnoTi(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2013

guy calm down and read what you wrote again yu sound so stupid and what yu said is obviously a lie and by the way what university did yu enter
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Koolwilly(m): 9:25pm On May 20, 2013
osaass: Your family seem really nice and supportive.
Don't see yourself as a failure. See the low score as an opportunity to score very well in next JAMB.
Aim high. Why study economics when you can go for a professional course like accounting. Your job prospects are better as well.
My first jamb was at 16, score 214, not good enough for pharmacy. Redoubled efforts and went for medicine, scored 251 and second highest in the department.
Every disappointment is a blessing
Good luck
Who says Economics is not a preffessional Course?
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by Nobody: 4:23am On May 21, 2013
You reap what you sow
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by solaugo(m): 5:49am On May 21, 2013
Post UTME Past Questions and Answers in Computer Based Format is available for you to practice for FREE....Visit http://www.assessmentng.com/2013/05/18/utme-cbt-past-questions-and-answers-for-download-use-on-laptopsdesktops/ to get yours. There questions from the following institutions - UNILAG UNIBEN O.A.U UNIABUJA FUTO LASU LAUTECH LASPOTECH U.N.N UNIZIK O.O.U, etc
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:44am On May 21, 2013
Harbioollah: @Poster. With 180, you can fill in for Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. They accept 180 for Economics, provided you have a good O'level score

Cynthia, please follow the advice above. With that score, you can get a course of study in another school.

Please don't waste your time sitting at home; check all options before concluding you have to retake Jamb next year. All the best dear!
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:49am On May 21, 2013
ferdimako:
informations?

Information is information; there's nothing like informations
Re: How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:54am On May 21, 2013
An0nimus: I'm just hoping i'm not the only one who didn't read all of thisundecided.

The OP looks smart though, most 17 year olds after passing through what she passed through won't write about it - and on Nairaland too. na to update status for bbm and 2go nai them for dey do.

She sounds very intelligent but naïve; I pray she doesn't derail in her journey of life. Thank GOD she recovered her senses on time.

Babe, never go through the corner corner route. Stand for the truth and uprightness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? / Ijmb In Ilorin - Everything You Need To Know And More / How Federal Universities Ignore Email Enquiries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.