Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,982 members, 7,821,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? (562 Views)

Men Lose Their Self-esteem When The Women They Love Are Successful / Most Promiscuous People Are Successful. How Sad. / Are Successful Women Boring And Useless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 19, 2013
Hello,
She's classy, trendy, intelligent and hot. She just finished her masters and aiming for PHD. Recently purchased a porsche, owns her house and guess what, she's just 25. Ok, y'all know what's left.
She has been in and out of relationships which has ended up in heart break. This will likely go on over the years till she become desperate for marriage.
Lest I forget, She has a nice character and humble but guys just dont feel comfortable around her because of her success in life.
My pastor was like... "No matter how successful a single lady is, she should never buy a car cos men won't go after her"
So my question is: In contemporary Nigeria, is it a taboo for a girl to be successful before the guy?
Re: Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? by pendo89(f): 3:13pm On May 19, 2013
[quote author=bernonpoint]Hello,
She's classy, trendy, intelligent and hot. She just finished her masters and aiming for PHD. Recently purchased a porsche, owns her house and guess what, she's just 25. Ok, y'all know what's left.
She has been in and out of relationships which has ended up in heart break. This will likely go on over the years till she become desperate for marriage.
Lest I forget, She has a nice character and humble but FOOLISH AND INSECURE BOYS just dont feel comfortable around her because of her success in life.

My pastor was like... "No matter how successful a single lady is, she should never buy a car cos men won't go after her"
So my question is: In contemporary Nigeria, is it a taboo for a girl to be successful before the guy?
sorry but that is the most stupid and careless statement to ever come from a 'pastor' .Tell him to stop being archaic in reasoning.
There are men and boys as well as men and gentlemen.
Their level of thinking is completely diff.

1 Like

Re: Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? by Sunnycliff(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2013
This is a hasty generalization fallacy

1 Like

Re: Are Successful Single Ladies Disadvantaged? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 19, 2013
bernonpoint: Hello,
Lest I forget, She has a nice character and humble but guys just dont feel comfortable around her because of her success in life.
She needs to find men on her same level because only a man who is on the same level as her will truly appreciate her. In life sometimes you have to go through a bunch of frogs before you get your prince. As long as she knows her worth and goes for someone similar(classy,intelligent,humble etc) then she will be more than appreciated. Only a man who is not confident in himself will feel intimidated about a woman more successful than him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“I Will Die For True Love” -karen Igho / When Your Ex Bff Threatens U For Breaking Up With His Or Her Friend / When A Guy Does All The Loving & Caring In A Relationship...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.