Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle (16937 Views)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / Jonathan Effects Minor Cabinet Reshuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 19, 2013
May 19, 2013 | 5:39

By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

There are possible indications that President Goodluck Jonathan might have concluded plans to offload four ministers from his cabinet in a reshuffle that is about to take place this month.

The four ministers-Elders Godsday Orubebe, Mr. Bala Muhammad, Stella Odua and Labaran Maku, are said to have indicated interest in the 2015 election and had obtained the tacit approval of Mr. President to proceed with the process of contesting the gubernatorial elections in their respective states.

A competent source told Vanguard that the cabinet reshuffle, the first major one to be undertaken by President Jonathan since coming into office after the 2011 election, is planned to mark the second anniversary of his administration and to pave the way for those with higher political ambition to actualise their plans.

More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-to-drop-orubebe-3-other-in-cabinet-reshuffle/
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Tolexander: 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
Is this a news?

If GEJ doesn't drop them, they will surely drop themselves since they are having a political ambition to dedicate their time to.

If he really wanna do a cabinet reshuffle, he should drop Alison Diezani Madueke and those that aren't having any political ambition!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by gbanikiti(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2013
As long as his concubine remains in his cabinet, who cares about the ministers to be dropped? I don't think i care.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 19, 2013
Even if there is an eminent cabinet reshuffle, I doubt if these are the four ministers that'll be off loaded. Again, the GEJ govt loves to make such big decisions a SURPRISE package. My impression is that there may be impending cabinet reshuffle but DEFINITELY not as speculated by Vanguard.

I'm not even aware of any gubernatorial ambition of Stella Oduah. And she's one of the stars of this govt

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by billante(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2013
News wey abati go deny tomorrow......vanguard are just cooking up stories to sell paper!
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 19, 2013
Just three? There are least 12 that needed to be shown the door yesterday grin
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by gbanikiti(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Even if there is an eminent cabinet reshuffle, I doubt if these are the four ministers that'll be off loaded. Again, the GEJ govt loves to make such big decisions a SURPRISE package. My impression is that there may be impending cabinet reshuffle but DEFINITELY not as speculated by Vanguard.

I'm not even aware of any gubernatorial ambition of Stella Oduah. And she's one of the stars of this govt
Surprise package indeed. mtscheew!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Chanchit: 7:44pm On May 19, 2013
When I saw this news, I knew disappoinment would be the case after reading it.
GEJ does not have balls to pull that kind of stunt, the ministers are the ones dumping him. Cabinet reshuffle ko, when GEJ himself needs to be reshuffled.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 19, 2013
Chanchit: When I saw this news, I knew disappoinment would be the case after reading it.
GEJ does not have balls to pull that kind of stunt, they ministers are the ones dumping him. Cabinet reshuffle ko, when GEJ himself needs to be reshuffled.

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by hillsate: 8:34pm On May 19, 2013
Stella Odua wants to contest as a gubernatorial candidate in her state?
or am i missing something?
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by igba9ja: 8:44pm On May 19, 2013
let him do what is right 4 9ja

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by idumuose(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2013
I heard the FCT minister,Bala Mohammed is
Interested in contesting for Governorship
Of Bauchi state.If that's the case,then it
Is time 4 GEJ to heed d clamour 4 a
Southerner 2 be appointed the substantive
Minister for the FCT for the first time in
The history of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by brownlord: 11:12pm On May 19, 2013
I wont comment on this thread, no matter wetin anybody talk

Wait lie-bara maku won contest for councilor? Chai i pitty those people
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by brownlord: 11:13pm On May 19, 2013
hillsate: Stella Odua wants to contest as a gubernatorial candidate in her state?
or am i missing something?

No for SUG president in her skool, stupid question
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by bloggernaija: 11:53pm On May 19, 2013
Who cares anymore ? They are all deadwood
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
How far with this report by Vanguard?

When this report broke, my position was that when GEJ will drop some ministers, no one would know let alone knowing the names of ministers that will be dropped. That is how GEJ does his things.

Some of these media organisations should be made to apologise for their baseless reports.

I also think frequent changing of ministers is not the best. Ministers should be allowed enough time to carry out their programmes and policies and achieve results. The exception would be ministers that have been indicted for corruption or for breach of trust.

By the way, I just saw an old thread (2008) where Former President Yar Adua dropped 20 ministers at a go
https://www.nairaland.com/189436/yar-adua-drops-20-ministers
Incredible! That should have been listed in the Guiness Book Of World Record. 20 ministers dropped at the same time, by a regime that was still in power? Crazy! What was Yar Adua thinking when he was appointing those dead woods into his govt? How would the country make progress in the face of such tsunamis and at that rate and magnitude? Little wonder the Yar Adua regime was colourless and all motion without movement.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by otokx(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: How far with this report by Vanguard?

My position when this report broke, my position was that when GEJ will drop some ministers, no one would know let alone knowing the names of ministers that will be dropped. That is how GEJ does his things. Some of these media organisations should be made to apologise for this baseless reports.

agreed
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by homesteady(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
Pour my Amosu's diamond champagne into a glass cup and sits down to watch how it will end!! Why don't you guys just join me?? Instead of already passing judgment??
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by takedat(m): 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
A cabinet full of deadwoods, peopled with symbols of corruption(Adoke, Bala Mohammed, Wogwu, Diezani and Orubebe). How are we sure those coming in won't be a recycle of failed politicians? Anyhow, na dem sabi!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by fitzmayowa: 12:37am On Jun 15, 2013
take dat: A cabinet full of deadwoods, peopled with symbols of corruption(Adoke, Bala Mohammed, Wogwu, Diezani and Orubebe). How are we sure those coming in won't be a recycle of failed politicians? Anyhow, na dem sabi!

Walahi our president slow pass snail...SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Adex097: 1:07am On Jun 15, 2013
I'm i permitted to start counting down to 2015 *just can't wait to send this drunk fisherman back to the creeks of bayelsa*
My question now goes thus: who's gonna alleviate the damages this man has done?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 15, 2013
He can reshuffle my balls for all i care....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by stepsy: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2013
If he like let him reshufle his wife. Are the expecting a new result while doing the same thing?

I pity labaran maku cause he's running to the part of his ex minister, yea u grab? (dora).
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by honestivo(m): 1:55am On Jun 15, 2013
Adex097: I'm i permitted to start counting down to 2015 *just can't wait to send this drunk fisherman back to the creeks of bayelsa*
My question now goes thus: who's gonna alleviate the damages this man has done?
u talk like a tout

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 15, 2013
This is a clear case of propaganda considering that this article was written on May 19, 2013 but is put on the front page to look like fresh news.

ACN goons will stop at nothing to pull Jonathan's minister's down.

Spits on thread and walks away...
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Diasporan(m): 2:40am On Jun 15, 2013
He can drop anybody for all i care but he should make sure he drops Orubebe and also hand him over to EFCC for further prosecution.That man is a disgrace to the people of Niger Delta and a common criminal using the name of Pastor or Elder to deceive himself
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by doofanc: 2:57am On Jun 15, 2013
engineerd: He can reshuffle my balls for all i care....

I'm not sure you'd want that. lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by ayurdavid: 3:11am On Jun 15, 2013
una no dey sleep?!!
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 15, 2013
The topic should be the other way round. These guys aint gonna get dropped, they wanna quit. Its high time posts are vetted before making headlines here undecided
Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 15, 2013
ayurdavid: una no dey sleep?!!
Google the word "timezone" and its differences in the world undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 15, 2013
Ok gud one bad one from GEJ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrests 5 Suspects Over Bomb Blast In Kano / Breaking: Bagudu Wins APC Guber Ticket 24 Hours After Leaving PDP / Ikwerres Went Against Igbo Colonisation In Elechi Amadi's Autobiography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.