Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle (19041 Views)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday / Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / Jonathan Effects Minor Cabinet Reshuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by HezronLorraine(m): 1:28am On May 20, 2013
Ex information minister left for political ambition which she lost now this Federal Parrot called Maku wants a gubernatorial seat.probably its my sentiments but I have never liked labaran maku since he came onboard as minister of information.he has consistently shifted his mandate to that of a political bully and chief whip to opponents of the present administration.he at times can be too loquacious.
I respect stella oduah,she came onboard the aviation ministry as the margaret thatcher of nigeria in the aviation sector.her blueprints worked and they are still being implemented,kudos to her.but I hate trend whereby when people like this become trailblazers amd pacesetters choose to settle for political ambitions to wield power.people like Dora and Stella would have ended their tenures in grand style being inducted into the hall of fame and excellence,but they put self-motivated not basically selfish ambitions ahead.Orubebe can go where he likes for all I care,like contest for Niger Delta Mermaid Council Governor or plaintain association president,dtz his P.
Seriously I don't get why people like Aruma Oteh of SECOND and Madam Diazzini still holding onto their positions if not they're GEJ's high profile service and maintenance factories.this man at times comes to me beyond clueless,you just have to be expressionless at times over some things in Nigeria.Wish them all Goodluck(maybe not).may they find what they want and also enrich other people's life through it.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Arobam: 1:28am On May 20, 2013
Maku is certain to win Nassarawa elections if he contests. The incumbent CPC Governor, Tanko Al Makura, is not performing and so Maku is seen by the people as the only credible alternative to Al Makura.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by magaliyu(f): 1:33am On May 20, 2013
The FOUR MUSKETEERS despatch to secure the KINGS empire come 2015 in return for a KNIGHTSHIP.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by ChimaAdeoye: 1:40am On May 20, 2013
Comrade Labaran Maku is an effective and great Minister of Information. These malicious rumors against Mr. Maku is very callous.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Maduale: 1:53am On May 20, 2013
grin so surprised that you guys are taking this rumour to another level.
Such a thing will not happen. The names mentioned form a backbone to this administration and cannot be replaced just like that.
Let them trick another trick.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by phemybof(m): 4:15am On May 20, 2013
superior1: Unless he sacks and prosecute Deziani Madueke, I am not interested in the yeye reshuffling
whenever i wake up in d morni n i found myself in NIG,i use to shakeoff my head.ds jonathan is a tota failur.after

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Parnassuss(m): 4:16am On May 20, 2013
nijanigga: Nigeria's defense spokesman Brigadier General Chris Olukolade said the operation was continuing on Sunday, with patrols sent out to secure towns and villages, and that special forces had killed 14 insurgents in battles that left three Nigerian soldiers dead and seven wounded.

SPEECH BRO! Let us keep cheering for the troops
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by madejibo: 4:20am On May 20, 2013
Mekusnwa: I doubt this news. But even if it's true, Maku and Stella Odua deserve another political position for a good job well done as Ministers.
Stella Odua will go down in the annals of our history as the best Aviation Minister ever.

Under her tenure, the Aviation sector witnessed tremendous transformation starting with the remodelling of 10 major Airports and the upgrade of Airport Infrastructure across the nation.
Maku, on the other hand, has expanded the frontiers of public information management through his good governance tour.
He has really worked hard against all odds to execute the tour which is an eye opener into the workings of governance in many states.

I wish them well
She will also be remembered that under her tenure there was Dana Air crash

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Mkpotu(m): 5:11am On May 20, 2013
Stella pls stay back in the Aviation Sector which u have greatly transformed. Anambra guber race is so difficult to predict the winner, though I know u will perform well as our Governor but as someone said, it will be easier for satan to enter into Heaven than u winning Anambra Guber.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Jman06(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2013
musiwa26: Stella dua , if i was igbo. i will vote for this woman in my state.. she is the mother of igbo tribalism. her tribalism is so high that igbo will vote for her.
It's funny how some yoruba and hausa bigots are quick 2 call for heads @ any slightest suspicion that an Igbo man or woman favours people of their tribe!We all know that in nigeria,yorubas are d most tribalised;apoint a yoruba man 2 head an organisation 2day and u wll see him fill every available vacant position with his yoruba pple(atimes they even sack non yorubas and replace them with yoruba),same goes 2 hausas(evidences abound),but once an igbo is involved,they start talkn rubbish,do u think u can play on our intelligence?If we really want 2stop tribalism lets be sincere abt it and not partial.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by tomber(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Makuu pi$$ed me off with his verbal gymnastics in defence of Jonathan's subsiddy removal.
That was his duty my friend
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Jalal(m): 6:54am On May 20, 2013
Maku Federal Parrot!! grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by roland20(m): 7:02am On May 20, 2013
Maku try with his good governance tour but how come he came to abia state and joined in praising the Gov even with the state of things in the state
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by LBT: 7:13am On May 20, 2013
Mekusnwa: I doubt this news. But even if it's true, Maku and Stella Odua deserve another political position for a good job well done as Ministers.
Stella Odua will go down in the annals of our history as the best Aviation Minister ever.

Under her tenure, the Aviation sector witnessed tremendous transformation starting with the remodelling of 10 major Airports and the upgrade of Airport Infrastructure across the nation.
Maku, on the other hand, has expanded the frontiers of public information management through his good governance tour.
He has really worked hard against all odds to execute the tour which is an eye opener into the workings of governance in many states.

I wish them well
. Stella is the most tribal Nigerian I have ever seen or even heard of! She has turned aviation upside down; she enforces what she wants and not what the international or Nigerian law/policy allows in aviation, she flout ICAO rules with impunity, she is a disaster waiting to happen: what's still keeping aviation is what Dr Demuren had put in place, I know because have been in the aviation industry for almost 7years and know lost of people in all govt agencies there who had been there since the days of Federal Airport Authority. If she stays long something may happen but God forbid any bad from happening. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 7:35am On May 20, 2013
phemybof: whenever i wake up in d morni n i found myself in NIG,i use to shakeoff my head.ds jonathan is a tota failur.after
so na Jonathan still kip u 4 dis country? No be ur mates dey go abroad?
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by donem: 7:40am On May 20, 2013
GEJ Ain't dropping but rather making plans towards replacing ministers who are about stepping down to further their personal political ambitions.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Fidtad: 7:54am On May 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Makuu pi$$ed me off with his verbal gymnastics in defence of Jonathan's subsiddy removal.
d man na goat.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Fidtad: 8:05am On May 20, 2013
Maku can not rule Nasarawa state. He did notting in the state n he is not popular among his people. Can he face Ewuga. Food for thought.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by patrick89(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2013
[quote author=LBT]. Stella is the most tribal Nigerian I have ever seen or even heard of! She has turned aviation upside down; she enforces what she wants and not what the international or Nigerian law/policy allows in aviation, she flout ICAO rules with impunity, she is a disaster waiting to happen: what's still keeping aviation is what Dr Demuren had put in place, I know because have been in the aviation industry for almost 7years and know lost of people in all govt agencies there who had been there since the days of Federal Airport Authority. If she stays long something may happen but God forbid any bad from happening. God bless Nigeria[quote] look at this porous Bigot on the loose! Who is demuren? Your kinsman? No problem that's why he is good in your book

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 8:21am On May 20, 2013
diva_tosin:

He pissed you off? Sorry, he impressed me either. His defence for subsidy removal is justifiable.
Nigeria cannot afford this subsidy regime at the long run. The earlier we embrace the reality that subsidy should go, the better for Nigeria.

I have read several papers that conclusively broadend my knowledge of the negative effects of subsidy on the economy. I support its removal.
Babe you've spoken my mind. This is what i've been telling my colleagues and they tag me CONTROVERSIAL. i'm glad President Jonathan took such decision. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by ddippset(m): 9:13am On May 20, 2013
superior1: Unless he sacks and prosecute Deziani Madueke, I am not interested in the yeye reshuffling
he should sack and prosecute his own babe?you ve gotta be kidding me.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by gentlegg(m): 9:32am On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Stella Odua should try the senate instead because the Anambra governorship election will be very stiff and competitive. Satan stands a better chance of making heaven than her winning it in 2014.
You wan kill person with laugh here with this your satan-heaven chance
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by adedejiadekunle: 10:44am On May 20, 2013
LABARAN MAGOT, GOVERNOR OF WHICH STATE. IT CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN NIGERIA.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Gbenge77(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2013
For the clueless,shoeless,and brainless Dumbo,ther is no Nigeria to love,save or serve
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by REZOLUTE: 11:27am On May 20, 2013
MAKU TINK SAY HIS OMBATSE CULT GROUP WILL MAKE HIM WIN BA.......LETS SEE NOW
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Jarus(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2013
Interesting, as these guys appear to be GEJ's most popular ministers after NOI and Diezani.

It is also interesting that Bala, Orubebe and Maku are few of GEJ's ministers who appear, at least outwardly, ready to die for him, going by their action and utterances.

Bala jumped ship from ANPP, dropped his senatorial seat, took on the cabal, seized Turai Yaradua's land, name Maitama boulevard or something like taht after GEJ, etc, all to please GEJ

Orubebe appears to be GEJ's right hand man.

Maku - need one say more?

And Oduah - believed by many as most performing minister, changing faces of airports.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by stineb1: 11:51am On May 20, 2013
musiwa26: she cant be president but she can be governor of an igbo state... president.. noway.. nigerian will protest and shut down the country. , i think she will be a good igbo governor.. her people will vote for her. i am 100% sure of that. she is very tribalist enough as a queen woman to win a governorship election in igboland. she will be like so much by mossob. that she will get enough vote to be governor.
which tribe in Nigeria do tribalism reach una?Go to Mobil,Chevron,Shell,Julius Berger,NPA,FAAN,etc and you will understand the nepotism there. Stella Odua isn't doing anything strange.Everybody don open eyes now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 11:53am On May 20, 2013
What of my Uncle 'Elder Godsday Orubebe' u guys hav'nt said anything concerning his ambition.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by adavetee(m): 12:00pm On May 20, 2013
I don't know why nigerian female politicians like deceiving themselves by contesting for gubernatorial posts. What will be stella's faith if eventually she losses. Dora Akunyili did thesame by contesting for the senate in 2011 and was defeated gallantly by Ngige. After which president jonathan appointed her as a member of the flood committee(shm!). I'm sure by now she would still have remained as the Minister for information. Na their way!
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by blackpanda: 12:03pm On May 20, 2013
don-Phill:
yea.....dat woman deserves it.......maku also did well aswell

Please what did Maku do? Biko?? Other than open his dirty mouth to spew out rubbish.
This is the same man, an information minister for that matter, that came out on tv to say that police arresting and detaining journalists does not amount to violation of their fundamental rights.
Please help me point to any major reform he has carried out since his tenure began...Rubbbish
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Ndyoo(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2013
musiwa26: Stella odua , if i was igbo. i will vote for this woman in my state.. she is the mother of igbo tribalism. her tribalism is so high that igbo will vote for her.

which one be mother of Igbo Tribalism? Is that suppose to be an insult or an applaud? Abeg...edit your post.

As for Princess Stella Oduah,anambra state is not a terrain for any woman in the next 10 years. They have this misogynist mindset that they would prefer a male over a female

abeg,use that money Go barbados go relax for a while or loan me am,I will set up a good business here in the state.

2ndly,with people like charles soludo,walter okeke,andy ubah,chris Ngige in the 2014 election field play...she won't garner more than 9000 votes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Nigeria Army Re-open Maiduguri - Bama - Banki Road Closed Becos Of Boko Haram(pi / Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.