Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,175 members, 7,864,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27380 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

You are repeating soul two times.

Body + spirit = soul.

You are saying man is "soul + soul".

This is what the bible says:

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).

Read ^ slowly till you understand.

The same way Paul repeated it twice (including hebrew4:12). So I should accept your hypothesis and ignore Paul's teaching??. Sorry, I will pass on that
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Truthislight is missing the point mehn!

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi: Truthislight is missing the point mehn!

Truthsight has trashed you guys and you are still talking about missing the point, you guys are a million miles away from the truth on this subject.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

The same way Paul repeated it twice (including hebrew4:12). So I should accept your hypothesis and ignore Paul's teaching??. Sorry, I will pass on that

Dont mind him. here is our conclusion-

[b]Matthew 5;22
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[b] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29,30
. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mark 9:43-48
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[d]

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

‘Their worm does not die,
And the fire is not quenched.’[e]

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[f]

Luke 12:5
5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him![/b]

Brethren, the above statements of Jesus are very clear and self explanatory. As we can see, the disciples never found it confusing hence they did not ask him for explanations on this statements as they did in things they didnt understand.
ANYBODY HERE OR IN YOUR CHURCH THAT SAYS HE WANTS TO EXPLAIN IT FOR YOU, THE PERSON NA WAYO OOOOOO. Carry your two legs run commot from the person. Period. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
alexleo:

43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die

Brethren, the above statements of Jesus are very clear and self explanatory. As we can see, the disciples never found it confusing hence they did not ask him for explanations on this statements as they did in things they didnt understand.
ANYBODY HERE OR IN YOUR CHURCH THAT SAYS HE WANTS TO EXPLAIN IT FOR YOU, THE PERSON NA WAYO OOOOOO. Carry your two legs run commot from the person. Period. God bless you.

Jesus quoted from Isaiah 66:24

"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Enjoy.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

JMAN, is your bible a KJV?. I can't find first century in mine

ok. answer me: 1. when was revelation written? if it will be too hard to find, tell me, was revelation written after or before jesus coming on earth?

2. I vary translation. please did you see "things which must shortly come to pass" in ur kjv?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by deebrain(m): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
let us make this conclusion...there will be worms tormenting people thrown in hell. Ah! Terrible! These worms were created to only remain as worms for eternity never to become moths, butterflies or houseflies. yes! They apparently wont feel the effects of the fire as satan and the demons as well as the souls of men will feel it. Because if worms here is talking as human worms, then its confusing...because that means spirit beings use the loo.
I can go on and on...but i will say this
I have never seen the wickedness of the heart that is greater than the heart of a typical "everlasting hell" evangelist.
Pathetic! angry

3 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
alexleo:

[b]Matthew 5;22
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[b] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29,30
. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

‘Their worm does not die

‘Their worm does not die

Luke 12:5
5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him![/b]

God bless you in abundance sir!!

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by JesusDWay(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Frosbel, what do you say about the account of the rich man and Lazarus? Please read and study that place before answering me. Thanks
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
deebrain: let us make this conclusion...there will be worms tormenting people thrown in hell. Ah! Terrible! These worms were created to only remain as worms for eternity never to become moths, butterflies or houseflies. yes! They apparently wont feel the effects of the fire as satan and the demons as well as the souls of men will feel it. Because if worms here is talking as human worms, then its confusing...because that means spirit beings use the loo.
I can go on and on...but i will say this
I have never seen the wickedness of the heart that is greater than the heart of a typical "everlasting hell" evangelist.
Pathetic! angry

Ain't we all limited to our senses? Left to you and I, if we were God, we would cancel physical death all together without judgement. We might actually say God was wicked for making His only begotten son go through that much whipping and bashing, we might have done it a different way. Unfortunately, we are not God, but we can be sure that his plans for us are of good and not evil ( by faith)
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Revelation 20:14,15

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

I don't care what people think about this subject, the Book stills says it. And there are people who try to make believe that a God of love couldn't do this. But God's love was so great at the Cross that there is no room for removing the eternal doom of the lost person.

He's given us The Word, He's given us men who are willing to preach and teach it so we can understand that all we have to do is "BELIEVE"! Faith plus nothing! See there is no energy involved in believing, it's just accepting what God has said. No questions asked, but people don't want to do that. They simply don't want to believe what God has said concerning Salvation.

Romans 1:16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 10:9-10

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I Thessalonians 4:14

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

There are so many more scriptures that Paul uses to show us Salvation. And when we do believe like Isaiah, then immediately because these two imperatives have now been fulfilled, what happens? He has clothed me with the garments of Salvation, and covered me with a robe of righteousness.

3 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi: Revelation 20:14,15

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

I don't care what people think about this subject, the Book stills says it. And there are people who try to make believe that a God of love couldn't do this. But God's love was so great at the Cross that there is no room for removing the eternal doom of the lost person.

He's given us The Word, He's given us men who are willing to preach and teach it so we can understand that all we have to do is "BELIEVE"! Faith plus nothing! See there is no energy involved in believing, it's just accepting what God has said. No questions asked, but people don't want to do that. They simply don't want to believe what God has said concerning Salvation.

Romans 1:16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 10:9-10

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I Thessalonians 4:14

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

There are so many more scriptures that Paul uses to show us Salvation. And when we do believe like Isaiah, then immediately because these two imperatives have now been fulfilled, what happens? He has clothed me with the garments of Salvation, and covered me with a robe of righteousness.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Mintayo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ain't we all limited to our senses? Left to you and I, if we were God, we would cancel physical death all together without judgement. We might actually say God was wicked for making His only begotten son go through that much whipping and bashing, we might have done it a different way. Unfortunately, we are not God, but we can be sure that his plans for us are of good and not evil ( by faith)

You are quite right,most of us look unto God with our physical eyes/feelings...neglecting faith,we have forgotten dt God is God no matter what we feel,and He will not change His standard for anybody...especially 'His creations'!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

I dont think anyone is saying that God cannot punish wrongdoers, but that "the wages of sin is death ". of course may think of Jesus death as an injustice, but that was sacrifice of, and two the suffering didnt last to eternity. of course he was also resurrected. if God pronounce a judgement, there is no arguement on it, however, seeing scriptural writings in a physical and interpreting it literally will contradict other parts of the bible. the bible stated that the wages of sin is death, and when we die, we ve been acquitted of our sins. what do u think, when u are acquitted of a crime, do u receive further punishment for it again? will eternal torment not contradict the above quotations?

'but the bible spoke of everlasting fire' someone may say. yes it did, but the bible often uses it to signify eternal destruction. read jude 7, can we say that sodom's fire is still burning? Paul summarized it like this; 1thes. 1:9. where did Adam go at death? read gen. 3:19.

somebody may say that the rich man was tormented in hell, but it is that same hell that release its captives, rev. 20:13. if the story of rich man and lizarus were literal, would that be punishment without judging or double punishment? will it not be right to view it as a parable cos it will also contradict eccl. 9:10?

since the stated that the first man returned to dust, should we expect the one higher than his?

finaly, can you please read gen. 4:10-15. do think that this same God can watch people burn for eternity while the cry to God that their punishment is greatet than their crimes? remeber many who go to this "hell" are not killers like cain.

of course God can watch sinners die when He kills them, whether by fire or with water but do u think He ll be so hardened to allow them burn longer than they lived on sin? no doubt the bible pays sin with death. yes Jesus sacrifice gives eternal life, while those who reject him get the opposite, eternal death. john3:16, 1cor. 15:22. when one is in torment, he really has the gift of life, not so?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 12:20am On Jul 18, 2013
^^^^^^^ emotions bro, an unrighteous man is an enemy of God. Being an enemy of God makes you a candidate for His wrath; you and I being enemies of God were made righteous by the propitiation of sins by Christ with a caveat-BELIEF

There are different dispensations, programmes and conditions for salvation at different times in the scriptures. Adam, cane and people of old were not judged by this gospel of Christ. FYI
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:
I still don't get the point you are trying to make sir

Befor ?

Is that not obvious ? That you have problem with understanding ?

You better start helping yourself.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 1:33am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:

The refuse dump was sustained by fire, the refuse no dey burn?. Sir, are you in anyway related to ali baba or AY? You are a talented comedian o

You better Google valley of hinnom then Gehenna and read to upgrade yourself.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 1:36am On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

Hahahahahaaha.... You can see the thrash that makes him feel he is the true teacher. Its either you believe his contaminated explanations or you are not a truth speaker. Dem dey try no be small.

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nlMediator: 1:37am On Jul 18, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus quoted from Isaiah 66:24

"And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Enjoy.

smiley

What are the worms and fires still doing after the people have been annihilated? So, God sends souls to hell, they’re burnt to death within 30 seconds and then he keeps the fire on and the worms alive suffering in the fire for trillions of years? You need to put on your thinking cap. I was reading Matt. 24 and 25 yesterday and it is almost shocking that anybody would read those passages and still conclude that it is not a continuous punishment for the condemned dead.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nlMediator: 1:46am On Jul 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

Correct.

It is almost laughable that people proclaim how wicked people are for believing in eternal punishment but jubilate that they believe in punishment in hell even for a few seconds. With my kind of heart, I do not want anybody to be punished after this life, even the worst of sinners. Sometimes, I entertain the hope that God will forgive everybody and make sure nobody suffers after death but that everybody lives with Him in happiness and harmony forever. I guess, I can put on a sanctimonious heart and condemn all those that believe that God is so wicked that He cannot forgive and forget the sins of evil people and insist on annihilating them out of existence while their saved relatives enjoy in eternity. But that’s not our job here. Our role is to examine God’s Word and go with what it says.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 3:28am On Jul 18, 2013
truthislight:

You better Google valley of hinnom then Gehenna and read to upgrade yourself.

Google and not the Bible has been your source? Little wonder!!, then I have no business with you.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 3:31am On Jul 18, 2013
truthislight:

Befor ?

Is that not obvious ? That you have problem with understanding ?

You better start helping yourself.

The only thing that I don't and will never understand is heretic doctrine which unfortunately appears to be the area of your calling
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2013
nlMediator:

What are the worms and fires still doing after the people have been annihilated? So, God sends souls to hell, they’re burnt to death within 30 seconds and then he keeps the fire on and the worms alive suffering in the fire for trillions of years? You need to put on your thinking cap. I was reading Matt. 24 and 25 yesterday and it is almost shocking that anybody would read those passages and still conclude that it is not a continuous punishment for the condemned dead.

You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Until you understand bible language in the cultural setting of the day , you will keep believing error.

In Isaiah , it was clearly stated that they will look upon , not conscious people but dead people.

Besides God is a consuming fire which means that the fire consumes any object that it comes into contact , yet you and your institutionalised friends ( grin ) will want us to believe that fire , more so God's fire , never consumes . Hilarious and insane at the same time.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^^^^ emotions bro, an unrighteous man is an enemy of God. Being an enemy of God makes you a candidate for His wrath; you and I being enemies of God were made righteous by the propitiation of sins by Christ with a caveat-BELIEF

There are different dispensations, programmes and conditions for salvation at different times in the scriptures. Adam, cane and people of old were not judged by this gospel of Christ. FYI

and where does it say that God's wrath is HELL Fire ?

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 18, 2013
your 'god' will have to apologise to Hitler, Stalin, Pol pot and all the most wicked barbaric mad men of this world if this your hell is real ( which it is not ).

You cannot punish people for their wickedness by 1000000 times more wickedness, that's not GOD, it might be the god of this world ( who will be destroyed - thankfully ), make sure you are not unwittingly his agents.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2013
frosbel:

You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Until you understand bible language in the cultural setting of the day , you will keep believing error.

In Isaiah , it was clearly stated that they will look upon , not conscious people but dead people.

Besides God is a consuming fire which means that the fire consumes any object that it comes into contact , yet you and your institutionalised friends ( grin ) will want us to believe that fire , more so God's fire , never consumes . Hilarious and insane at the same time.

smiley
Where in Isaiah (post the quote). You mean God is the fire that consumes in hell (let's even agree to annihilation) or God is the fire you used in cooking at home?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2013
frosbel: your 'god' will have to apologise to Hitler, Stalin, Pol pot and all the most wicked barbaric mad men of this world if this your hell is real ( which it is not ).

You cannot punish people for their wickedness by 1000000 times more wickedness, that's not GOD, it might be the god of this world ( who will be destroyed - thankfully ), make sure you are not unwittingly his agents.

smiley

God is not answerable to your sense of equity or emotions. Hell is real
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:

God is not answerable to your sense of equity or emotions. Hell is real

hell is real indeed, in the figment of your imagination and the lie created in your mind by the god of this world.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:
Where in Isaiah (post the quote). You mean God is the fire that consumes in hell (let's even agree to annihilation) or God is the fire you used in cooking at home?

This time read it :

Isaiah 66:24 , Malachi 4:3 .

cool
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2013
frosbel:

This time read it :

Isaiah 66:24 , Malachi 4:3 .

cool
Isaiah 66v 23-24

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

How does this support annihilation doctrine of yours?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:
Isaiah 66v 23-24

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

How does this support annihilation doctrine of yours?

Uhmm, Jesus quoted from it , in description of Gehenna or Hell if you prefer !

wink
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by shdemidemi(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2013
Frosbel versus the word of God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

A Crippled Young Lady, Leading Praise & Worship / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter / UNIUYO Female Student Who Died In Reigners Church Collapse Buried Amidst Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.