Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,250 members, 7,867,657 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27383 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 12:55am On Jul 17, 2013
olumyde: You don't like as he is holding purely to the word of God? Your post shows you are biased. The book of revelation is not all symbols. Is the new earth and new heaven not to be taken literally? Is dead rising not to be taken literally? I join alexeo in holding to God's word. Both you and ur colleagues have no answer to my conclusion, that's why you all avoided it.

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" (Isaiah 28:9-10).
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 1:09am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" (Isaiah 28:9-10).

And what exactly is your point
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 5:07am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

Alexo have nothing to offer.

He is here hanging with his teeth to a literal understanding to a book written in symbols.

Who cares what he thinks !

My dear, yes o I have nothing to offer than what is written in the scriptures. Where is it witten in the scriptures that the book of revelation is written in symbol? This is your own idea and I don't need it. And if it is written in symbol you now have the sole and perfect interpretation of the symbol? No sir. Anything you are offering me that is contrary to what am seeing in the scripture pls keep it to yourself. I don't need it bros. Honestly, I ve not seen the stick-to-the-scripture thing you people have been screaming all these while each time we debate. Now that I ve calmed down to totally stick to the scriptures, what I ve seen you people do is interpreting scriptures to suit whatever idea you have. I no gree bros. We must truly and totally stick to the scripture. If you have a problem with my sticking totally to the scriptures then you need to check yourself as a christian. Drop all those your explanations. It is the bible that will be used to judge us on the day of judgment not your explanations.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 5:29am On Jul 17, 2013
olumyde: You don't like as he is holding purely to the word of God? Your post shows you are biased. The book of revelation is not all symbols. Is the new earth and new heaven not to be taken literally? Is dead rising not to be taken literally? I join alexeo in holding to God's word. Both you and ur colleagues have no answer to my conclusion, that's why you all avoided it.

My dear I am really suprised at his biased mind towards the fact that am sticking totally to the scriptures. Meanwhile they ve been screaming stick to the scriptures here. Am begining to see what I was not able to see all those days I ve been quarreling with them. We come here debate half way and quarrel takes over the rest. Now I ve seen that what they call sticking to the scriptures is sticking to their interpretation of the scriptures. And this is why we ve been having problem in christianity. Every church and individuals interpretes bible their own way and claim that their interpretations is the truth. So many claims of truth and this has brought confusion. Now am done with all those interpretations and claims. I will now stick 100 percent to the scriptures not on anybody's ideas or explanations. God bless you my brother.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by olumyde(m): 7:10am On Jul 17, 2013
Pls let this thread not be derailed. I'll quote Mark 9:43 for those that were avoiding my conclusion, "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell (*Gehenna) with two hands." Truthislight said Gehenna is a refuse dump, can u see how ridiculous dt will sound in d context dt verse i.e. Jesus is telling them to cut their hands in order not to be thrown into the refuse dump? Please reply to my conclusion
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 17, 2013
By placing souls in heaven or hell after death , we undermine the resurrection , because after all what is the purpose of the resurrection if we receive our rewards after death.

Until we accept that there is only one physical death , one final resurrection and one final judgement , we will continue to be deceived and deceive others with these platonic Greek ideas that crept in unawares for the purpose of paganising Christianity and misplacing the hope of believers.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by olumyde(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

Gehenna was a refuse dump outside the walls of Jerusalem.
Imagine! So Jesus is warning ppl, to pluck out their eyes if necessary so that they will not be thrown into "a refuse dump outside the wall of Jerusalem...lol
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by olumyde(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2013
frosbel: By placing souls in heaven or hell after death , we undermine the resurrection , because after all what is the purpose of the resurrection if we receive our rewards after death.

Until we accept that there is only one physical death , one final resurrection and one final judgement , we will continue to be deceived and deceive others with these platonic Greek ideas that crept in unawares for the purpose of paganising Christianity and misplacing the hope of believers.

As alexleo has been saying, thats your idea.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2013
frosbel: By placing souls in heaven or hell after death , we undermine the resurrection , because after all what is the purpose of the resurrection if we receive our rewards after death.

My dear, this is your own idea and we don't need it, neither do I need any church's idea too. The bible said it and i accept it the way it is. No addition and no subtraction. When we started this argument of hell you people called us KJV cult(whatever that means), then next you said its brainwashing by catholics, then next you said its brainwashing by our churches which you refered to as cults, now its a platonic greek ideas. All these various branding is not the answer. The answer is that what is written in the bible I will accept it as is written not as you interpret it. No sir. We are done with explanations and ideas of men and churches. Make una carry all those ones pack one side abeg. Its now 100 percent acceptance of what is written in the scripture. No more hu-hu-hu...
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2013
olumyde: Imagine! So Jesus is warning ppl, to pluck out their eyes if necessary so that they will not be thrown into "a refuse dump outside the wall of Jerusalem...lol

That is the gospel according to St. Truthislight for you. Very ridiculous and yet he is basing his eternity on this!!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2013
Superior why have u refused to attend to my comments? And ur analogy of casting of the devil as written in john12:31 does not match.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 7:51am On Jul 17, 2013

Bible verses sir!!. We just need to look at what the scriptures says and not personal believes. Bro, tell your friends hell is real and it is a place of suffering for eternity, there is no second chance o!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2013
JMAN05: Superior. Satan and his demons were cast out even after the first century. Rev. 1:1; 12:7-10.

JMAN, is your bible a KJV?. I can't find first century in mine
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

That is the gospel according to ST. Truthislight for you. So so funny and yet he is basing his enternity on this!!

Bros pls accept what the scriptures said. Jesus has giving a warning to avoid that horrible place in several places in the scriptures. pls do all you can to avoid going to hell. Forget about all these "place of dust" theories and ideas. They won't help you rather they will confuse you. Pls stick totally to the scriptures.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

Bible verses sir!!. We just need to look at what the scriptures says and not personal believes. Bro, tell your friends hell is real and it is a place of suffering for eternity, there is no second chance o!

As per bolded , I guess you missed the first page, go back and review.

On your part, kindly answer these 2 simple questions if you may :

1. Can we have bible verses that support your concept of 2 hells and the immortality of the soul of MAN.

2. If a MAN dies and his Soul goes to Hell ( assuming he was a sinner ) , where does his spirit go to ?

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

JMAN, is your bible a KJV?. I can't find first century in mine

is the KJV the only authoritative version of the bible ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2013
frosbel:

1. Can we have bible verses that support your concept of 2 hells and the immortality of the soul of MAN.

2. If a MAN dies and his Soul goes to Hell ( assuming he was a sinner ) , where does his spirit go to ?

smiley

Frosbel, before I respond, do you by your second question accept that man is made up of the spirit, soul and body?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2013
frosbel:

is the KJV the only authoritative version of the bible ?

No, it is the commonest. What version are you using?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

Frosbel, before I respond, do you by your second question accept that man is made up of the spirit, soul and body?

Bro, do the decent thing and answer my question, we can talk about soul, spirit and body later on.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:
No, it is the commonest. What version are you using?

KJV, NKJV, NIV, NLT, Message, RSV, Expanded, Amplified, CEB , ERV, ESV and a lot more.

smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2013
alexleo:

My dear, yes o I have nothing to offer than what is written in the scriptures. Where is it witten in the scriptures that the book of revelation is written in symbol? This is your own idea and I don't need it. And if it is written in symbol you now have the sole and perfect interpretation of the symbol? No sir. Anything you are offering me that is contrary to what am seeing in the scripture pls keep it to yourself. I don't need it bros. Honestly, I ve not seen the stick-to-the-scripture thing you people have been screaming all these while each time we debate. Now that I ve calmed down to totally stick to the scriptures, what I ve seen you people do is interpreting scriptures to suit whatever idea you have. I no gree bros. We must truly and totally stick to the scripture. If you have a problem with my sticking totally to the scriptures then you need to check yourself as a christian. Drop all those your explanations. It is the bible that will be used to judge us on the day of judgment not your explanations.

@Alexo

stop being a hypocrite, if you have nothing to say then keep silent and read quietly.

This below is a thread you had opened to teach, but your catholic friends are asking you a question based on what you say you belief and said it is written in the bible but you cannot answer them, but rather abandoned your thread and come here to "Rove" about with nothing to offer still.

See your thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1356155/what-happening-churches-really-bad/5

go there ^ and answer question, its your thread.

You are so empty for not knowing that revelation is written in signs and symbols.

I dont think i want to show you that.

*sigh*
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 9:47am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

superior1:

And what exactly is your point

You see your life ?

At this point you yet dont know one of the rules governing the study of the bible and understanding it ?

That it is a little here of the scripture and a little there like paul and Jesus did ?

How then can you be right with what you belief ?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2013
olumyde: Imagine! So Jesus is warning ppl, to pluck out their eyes if necessary so that they will not be thrown into "a refuse dump outside the wall of Jerusalem...lol

The refuse dump was sustain by fire.

That fire was the symbolism he was warning people about.

Complete destruction of "body and soul in fire".

God's destruction is "body and soul in fire".

Fire symbolises a destruction caused by God.

Anything that is thrown into this 'Fire' in the bible is permanently destroyed.

Permanent destruction it is since there is no one else that can undo it.

That 'fire' shows the difference between Adamic death and a death caused by God.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

You are repeating soul two times.

Body + spirit = soul.

You are saying man is "soul + soul".

This is what the bible says:

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).

Read ^ slowly till you understand.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

@Alexo

stop being a hypocrite, if you have nothing to say then keep silent and read quietly.

This below is a thread you had opened to teach, but your catholic friends are asking you a question based on what you say you belief and said it is written in the bible but you cannot answer them, but rather abandoned your thread and come here to "Rove" about with nothing to offer still.

See your thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1356155/what-happening-churches-really-bad/5

go there ^ and answer question, its your thread.

You are so empty for not knowing that revelation is written in signs and symbols.

*sigh*

Say whatever you want. It remains your opinion and it doesn't hold any drop of water. It only starts and end where you are.
The thread I opened, the OP has been addressed. The one of catholic, I ve asked them to show me where the bible mentioned or called Mary mother of God and they ve not been able to do that so I can't continue with that. I don't have time for unneccessary arguments. Its either you show me in the scriptures or you carry your explanations and go. You that enjoys argument you can continue. See how bad you are feeling that I decided to dump your explnations/teachings and stick to what is written in bible. If you have a problem with my decision then you need to check what actually is your mission here. Feel free to be angry and say what you like but am done with all explanations. Its bible for me. Whatever I see in the bible I ll take it like that. Carry all those your man made explanations and move to those who can accept it. Not me bros.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

despite I never spoke about 2 hells here (point to any), I can give you a load of provable details on abraham bosom, hades and tartarus but the most important thing is there is HELL!

Man is a spirit, he has a soul and lives in a body. Man is created in the exact likeness of God and God is immortal.

Gen 1:26-27

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Infact, man is just a little lower to God and God is immortal.

Psalm 8:5
New Living Translation (©2007)
Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor

1 Corinthians 2:10-11 (NET)
10 God has revealed these to us by the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him?

Soul is the distinguishing element that prevent us from being homogeneous beings, what distinguish your (spirit) from mine is your soul which is your identity. Like you can separate light from the sun, the light is the identity of the sun, so is the soul and spirit only the word of God separates the two

Hebrew 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hence all the totality of the sinful man will be thrown into hell.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

@Alexo

*sigh*

Oh you want me to stop directing people to the bible so that they will rely on your adulterated explanations? God Forbid. So all those stick to the bible you have been screaming before was all about sticking to your teachings and believe. I reject it sir.

truthislight:

@Alexo

*sigh*

Point of correction. i never opened that thread to teach anybody. I no dey claim teacher like you(even when you offer adulterated and poisonous stuff). I narrated an experience i had for people to contribute to it and like i said, the OP has been addressed.

truthislight:

@Alexo

*sigh*

Yes o am so empty thats why i need to fill myself with the Original word of God. Direct from the scriptures and not your adulterated explanations which i consider poisonous to my spiritual growth and well being. And of course Revelations is the word of God not your word so i dont need your explanations to it. Keep your signs and symbol theories to yourself. I have nothing to lose if i believe the bible the way it is written but i have everything to lose if i believe your adulterated version which you call teaching.

truthislight:

@Alexo

*sigh*

Ahh...no problem. Dont bother showing. Carry your show biz dey go and save me the poison. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by truthislight: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2013
alexleo:

Oh you want me to stop directing people to the bible so that they will rely on your adulterated explanations? God Forbid. So all those stick to the bible you have been screaming before was all about sticking to your teachings and believe. I reject it sir.

Point of correction. i never opened that thread to teach anybody. I no dey claim teacher like you(even when you offer adulterated and poisonous stuff). I narrated an experience i had for people to contribute to it and like i said, the OP has been addressed.

Yes o am so empty thats why i need to fill myself with the Original word of God. Direct from the scriptures and not your adulterated explanations which i consider poisonous to my spiritual growth and well being. And of course Revelations is the word of God not your word so i dont need your explanations to it. Keep your signs and symbol theories to yourself. I have nothing to lose if i believe the bible the way it is written but i have everything to lose if i believe your adulterated version which you call teaching.

Ahh...no problem. Dont bother showing. Carry your show biz dey go and save me the poison. Thanks.

You ran from your thread because they asked you a question based on what you belief.

So, go and answer them and stop running.

Cant you defend what you belief again ?

Smh for you.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

You ran from your thread because they asked you a question based on what you belief.

So, go and answer them and stop running.

Cant you defend what you belief again ?

Smh for you.

Hahahahahaha......I can understand the pain you are feeling that I rejected your teachings. But sorry bros, I feel far much better and safer with the bible than with your dangerous adulterated messages. Carry am pack somewhere.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

You see your life ?

At this point you yet dont know one of the rules governing the study of the bible and understanding it ?

That it is a little here of the scripture and a little there like paul and Jesus did ?

How then can you be right with what you belief ?
I still don't get the point you are trying to make sir
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by superior1: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

The refuse dump was sustain by fire.

That fire was the symbolism he was warning people about.

Complete destruction of "body and soul in fire".

God's destruction is "body and soul in fire".

Fire symbolises a destruction caused by God.

Anything that is thrown into this 'Fire' in the bible is permanently destroyed.

Permanent destruction it is since there is no one else that can undo it.

That 'fire' shows the difference between Adamic death and a death caused by God.

The refuse dump was sustained by fire, the refuse no dey burn?. Sir, are you in anyway related to ali baba or AY? You are a talented comedian o
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
superior1:

The refuse dump was sustained by fire, the refuse no dey burn?. Sir, are you in anyway related to ali baba or AY?

Hahahahahaaha.... You can see the thrash that makes him feel he is the true teacher. Its either you believe his contaminated explanations or you are not a truth speaker. Dem dey try no be small.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

UNIUYO Female Student Who Died In Reigners Church Collapse Buried Amidst Tears / NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.