Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? (27283 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church – By Rodolfo Aceved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
olire: for those of yu dissecting the poor guy, answer this question: why are you a christian; is it because of the love you have for God or the fear of hellfire?

It is those of them that are afraid of hell that are watering the message down. If we were afraid of hell we would ve welcome his message of no hell fire for sinners when they die and no eternal punishment after the judgement because it sounds light and easy to accept for the flesh. But accepting an easy message that is false makes you a loser before God and that is what matters to us. We can't afford to satisfy the desires of this mortal body by believing such cheap lies only for us to lose before God at the end. Which excuse will I give God for believing the cheap lies? None.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: it is a pity that many take this story literary, bros that story never happened thanks and God bless.

This is just your opinion. Not bible stand.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 1:59pm On May 21, 2013
alexleo:

This is just your opinion. Not bible stand.
what is the bible stand about a parable? Did the prodigal son story actually happened?

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: what is the bible stand about a parable? Did the prodigal son story actually happened?
Don't just argue BLINDLY when Jesus talked about the prodigal son did he mention literal names like Lazarus, Moses and Abraham like He did ABOUT LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN?

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: what is the bible stand about a parable? Did the prodigal son story actually happened?

The story of Lazarus and the rich man is never a parable. In the parable of the prodigal son was any person's name mentioned? Tell me any parable where someone's name was mentioned.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by alexleo(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: Don't just argue BLINDLY when Jesus talked about the prodigal son did he mention literal names like Lazarus, Moses and Abraham like He did ABOUT LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN?

Oh you asked same question to him too? like we sent it same time. My dear this people are just making desperate effort to console themselves that there is no hell fire and no eternal punishment. I wonder why people are afraid to face the truth of the bible than engaging in diluting it to suit what their flesh wants.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 21, 2013
alexleo:

Oh you asked same question to him too? like we sent it same time. My dear this people are just making desperate effort to console themselves that there is no hell fire and no eternal punishment. I wonder why people are afraid to face the truth of the bible than engaging in diluting it to suit what their flesh wants.
grin You dey mind dem..i have searched all the bibles . AND there is no where it was written parable of lazarus and the richman
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nlMediator: 4:06pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel:

, this is an issue that I have spent 'tons' of hours on, together with other honest brethren, going over scripture, articles , documents, historical creeds etc and testing their origin or spirit behind these points of view. I have not seen any other possibility but this one fact , that God is not in the torture business, though it is well known that this was one of the hobbies of the apostate roman church.

Besides, I waited for no more than a few minutes to accept that I could have been wrong , while on the other matter I have stuck to the truth for eons , no ? smiley

I am happy you accept I did some research as I am apt to these days, it's not enough to say yes when I am not 100% certain , especially when the idea does indeed sound a little bizarre as it did to me at the time. cheesy

I am sure I will get to this part of the bible in the process of reviewing all my previous learnings, though the story is very common, the nitty gritty details still require further analysis, besides I have never claimed to be an authority on doctrine, I simply use the bible to support certain stand points especially those that are contrary to the creeds and dogams of the institulionaliused church.

Oh dear, this is getting serious, if you cannot do your research like the noble Bereans, you have yourself to blame.

I am sure a mark of pride is to refuse correction, don't you agree. wink grin

It sure is a mark of pride to refuse correction. It's a wise admonition that we all should heed from time to time.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 21, 2013
alexleo:

I think we can console ourselves with the truth which is in Jesus and the comfort that comes from our hope in GOD's mercy and fairness , we do not need to console ourselves with Hell. If you want to meditate on HELL day and night , though it is a fallacy, all I can say is enjoy those beautiful moments. wink

On a more serious note, you have a zeal for God and I predict you will discard these false doctrines not long from now, the seed has been planted and God will work on you. I was like you only a few years ago , until I dumped the creeds and dogmas of deeperlife to carry out an independent study , with support from the results of decades of research carried out by berean brothers with heavy scriptural support.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 21, 2013
nlMediator:

It sure is a mark of pride to refuse correction. It's a wise admonition that we all should heed from time to time.

Good ! smiley
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin You dey mind dem..i have searched all the bibles . AND there is no where it was written parable of lazarus and the richman
i dont want to b involved in this lame argument, but i will want u to carefuly consider going to heaven/hell befor the birth, death and resurection of Jesus. Could disobedience/obedience to the law send somebody to hell/heaven b4 Christ/ what was the justice systerm that send ppl to hell/heaven? I mean, what was their qualification/disqualification to go to hell/heaven b4 Christ? Pls leave church doctrines and study the bible for urself. God bless.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 21, 2013
alexleo:

It is those of them that are afraid of hell that are watering the message down. If we were afraid of hell we would ve welcome his message of no hell fire for sinners when they die and no eternal punishment after the judgement because it sounds light and easy to accept for the flesh. But accepting an easy message that is false makes you a loser before God and that is what matters to us. We can't afford to satisfy the desires of this mortal body by believing such cheap lies only for us to lose before God at the end. Which excuse will I give God for believing the cheap lies? None.
do you know y you sat he is lyeing. because the fear of hell has been your main driving force for your zeal for God. It is not love that drives you. It is the fear off hell. The devil's plan is to make people fear God instead of loving him. This is because you cannot be afraid forever. That is why most dictatorships are extinct. They rule with fear. But one day the people rose up. Why do you think God didn't destroy the devil at his first rebellion? Because if he had done that angels won't love God, they would fear him. And am sure that if they feared him, there would have been hundreds of rebellions in heaven. U see love never dies.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 5:05pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin You dey mind dem..i have searched all the bibles . AND there is no where it was written parable of lazarus and the richman
u? Everybody knows the only thing u see in the bible is TITHE, so quit decieving urself bro.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2013
olire: do you know y you sat he is lyeing. because the fear of hell has been your main driving force for your zeal for God. It is not love that drives you. It is the fear off hell. The devil's plan is to make people fear God instead of loving him. This is because you cannot be afraid forever. That is why most dictatorships are extinct. They rule with fear. But one day the people rose up. Why do you think God didn't destroy the devil at his first rebellion? Because if he had done that angels won't love God, they would fear him. And am sure that if they feared him, there would have been hundreds of rebellions in heaven. U see love never dies.cheesy
my bros their problem is their ignorant teacher, they worship their neo judaizer, spell casting and mind controlling pastors, their go's word had displaced the bible and the spells have displaced the holy spirit. Our work is to continue to rattle them with truth. God bless.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: i dont want to b involved in this lame argument,
grin OFCOS when you are caught you will always come up with this lame excuse.
but i will want u to carefuly consider going to heaven/hell befor the birth, death and resurection of Jesus. Could disobedience/obedience to the law send somebody to hell/heaven b4 Christ/ what was the justice systerm that send ppl to hell/heaven? I mean, what was their qualification/disqualification to go to hell/heaven b4 Christ? Pls leave church doctrines and study the bible for urself. God bless.
My brother Jesus said Hell is real short and simple..I'd rather believe Jesus than all this vain philosophies and ideologies of men you guys are saying here..Since i have Christ on my inside why should i even be afraid of hell in the first place? It is reserved for the devil and the disobedient..shikena
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: u? Everybody knows the only thing u see in the bible is TITHE, so quit decieving urself bro.
grin grin grin My brother Jesus said tithe is real mat 23:23..i'd rather believe and obey Jesus than men..who are you obeying? frosbel SMH!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin OFCOS when you are caught you will always come up with this lame excuse. My brother Jesus said Hell is real short and simple..I'd rather believe Jesus than all this vain philosophies and ideologies of men you guys are saying here..S[b]ince i have Christ on my inside[/b] why should i even be afraid of hell in the first place? It is reserved for the devil and the disobedient..shikena

Rightly divide the word of truth, stop being a lazy student.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by nep2ra(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2013
It's not surprising to see hell fire and tithe proponents frothing at the mouth as they anticipate smelling burning flesh from their many mansions in heaven. This is how a wicked heart thinks. By their fruits you shall know them.

In trying to give shaky foundations to their false teachings, they have gone ahead to create God in Man's image. What results is the damnable heresies we see on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin OFCOS when you are caught you will always come up with this lame excuse. My brother Jesus said Hell is real short and simple..I'd rather believe Jesus than all this vain philosophies and ideologies of men you guys are saying here..Since i have Christ on my inside why should i even be afraid of hell in the first place? It is reserved for the devil and the disobedient..shikena
prophet., i've never said there is no heaven/hell, the point is, there was no critiria for someone to go to hell or heaven b4 the advent of Jesus. It is the coming of Jesus that provided us with a clearing-house where ppl will be selected for heaven or hell . Pls answer my questions and stop behaving like Bidam.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin OFCOS when you are caught you will always come up with this lame excuse. My brother Jesus said Hell is real short and simple..I'd rather believe Jesus than all this vain philosophies and ideologies of men you guys are saying here..Since i have Christ on my inside why should i even be afraid of hell in the first place? It is reserved for the devil and the disobedient..shikena
pls answer my question.
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: prophet., i've never said there is no heaven/hell,
Since you agree there is a heaven and hell..then why are we arguing? grin
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: Since you agree there is a heaven and hell..then why are we arguing? grin

You may want to do some reading instead of continuing to expose your ignorance on many matters.

no one goes to Heaven and no one goes to Hell.

There are ONLY 2 destinies :

1. Restored Paradise or new heaven and new earth.

"But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:13

"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." - Isaiah 65:17

"Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth." - Matthew 5:5

2. Lake of fire and eternal destruction for the wicked.

"13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:13-14

"And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed." - 2 Peter 3:7

"And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror."" - Isaiah 66:24

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2013
nep2ra: It's not surprising to see hell fire and tithe proponents frothing at the mouth as they anticipate smelling burning flesh from their many mansions in heaven. This is how a wicked heart thinks. By their fruits you shall know them.

In trying to give shaky foundations to their false teachings, they have gone ahead to create God in Man's image. What results is the damnable heresies we see on this forum.
they use this their false doctrine to scam ppl, they will claim, a man died and God took him to see ppl in hell, when he came back to life the only ppl he saw in hell were ppl who refused to pay tithe while still alive. Imagine The thieves and their stomach inspired gospel.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: Since you agree there is a heaven and hell..then why are we arguing? grin
oh, so u didnt know what we were discusing b4 u jump into the argument? See what this scam aka tithe has done to you? I told u, tithe is 'a dead body' and only fly wey no de hia, de follow am enter grave. grin
oh, grin
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel:

You may want to do some reading instead of continuing to expose your ignorance on many matters.

no one goes to Heaven and no one goes to Hell.

There are ONLY 2 destinies :

1. Restored Paradise or new heaven and new earth.

"But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:13

"See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." - Isaiah 65:17

"Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth." - Matthew 5:5

2. Lake of fire and eternal destruction for the wicked.

"13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:13-14

"And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed." - 2 Peter 3:7

"And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror."" - Isaiah 66:24
grin continue to ignore the words of Jesus to your destruction..any one can quote scriptures to make it say what he wants to say..the case of the devil tempting Jesus readily comes to mind here in Luke 4.This issue has been overflogged in this forum and i wouldn't want to waste time here..there are heavier matters that needs to be discussed..have a nice day cheesy
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: oh, so u didnt know what we were discusing b4 u jump into the argument? See what this scam aka tithe has done to you? I told u, tithe is 'a dead body' and only fly mey no de hia, de follow am enter grave. ;Doh, grin
grin false witness
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
Bidam: grin continue to ignore the words of Jesus to your destruction..any one can quote scriptures to make it say what he wants to say..the case of the devil tempting Jesus readily comes to mind here in Luke 4.This issue has been overflogged in this forum and i wouldn't want to waste time here..there are heavier matters that needs to be discussed..have a nice day cheesy

You are a proven false teacher and a great danger to many , we will continue to oppose your false teachings and rebuke you with love.

1 Like

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Pygru: 7:47pm On May 21, 2013
Hell is real
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Pygru: 7:48pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel:

You are a proven false teacher and a great danger to many , we will continue to oppose your false teachings and rebuke you with love.
shocked grin grin grin
Is me seeing double?grin
Frosbel calling someone a false teacher?
Nothing pesin eye no go see for nairaland.
Grand Master of false teachers!
Later him go say I dey Slander

2 Likes

Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2013
Pygru:
shocked grin grin grin
Is me seeing double?grin
Frosbel calling someone a false teacher?
Nothing pesin eye no go see for nairaland.
Grand Master of false teachers!
Later him go say I dey Slander
are you a catholic?
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by Pygru: 8:53pm On May 21, 2013
christemmbassey: are you a catholic?
I don't pray to Mary!
Re: Hell, Can Go To Hell - The Conclusion ? by christemmbassey(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2013
Pygru:
I don't pray to Mary!
i didnt know that there are several types of catholics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Jonathan Shuttlesworth: "Bishop Oyedepo Laid Hands On Me & I Got $1.1m After" / Daddy Freeze Hails Pastor Abel Damina For Saying Women Can Wear Trousers / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.