Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

The Opposition Has Disappointed Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Opposition Has Disappointed Me (527 Views)

GEJ Has Disappointed Us, I'm Now APC / PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha / Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Opposition Has Disappointed Me by danjohn: 3:44pm On May 21, 2013
I have always viewed the PDP with contempt and I have longed for the day Nigeria would have two evenly matched political parties. When ACN, CPC, ANPP, and parts of APGA announced the formation of APC, I was ecstatic. I even reconfigured my 2011 election projection model to analyse the circumstances that could lead to an APC victory in the 2015 Presidential Election.

Unfortunately, the merger has dragged for too long. The PDP played a very clever political trick by registering a dummy political party with the same acronym. While I despise the poor performance of the PDP in government, their decision to form another APC was a BRILLIANT political move. Whether or not the dummy APC previals, it has achieved its objective of slowing down the momentum of the opposition.

At this moment, the excitement I had over the APC merger has waned. I am sick and tired of being disappointed by the opposition. Nigeria needs progress and the current crop of progressive leaders need to organize themselves properly.

I personally propose that the opposition leaders cut their losses and register a new party. While PDP may have won the first round of this battle, they should remember that "he who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day."
Re: The Opposition Has Disappointed Me by onatisi(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2013
nice analysis.
Re: The Opposition Has Disappointed Me by simplyme3(f): 8:03pm On May 21, 2013
if PDP registered APC, then, if APC registers with another name, so PDP will then also register that new name, abi?
Re: The Opposition Has Disappointed Me by danjohn: 8:47pm On May 21, 2013
simply_me: if PDP registered APC, then, if APC registers with another name, so PDP will then also register that new name, abi?

My understanding is that the opposition made the announcement before they officially filed papers with INEC. Hence, the second time around, they need to file the papers with INEC before they make their announcement.

(1) (Reply)

State Of Emergency Will Cause Inflation - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / What If Woolwich Had Happen In Nigeria / Reuben Abati’s Mum Dies At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.