Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,613 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat (3293 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / I Think Life Is Unfair To Women & Guys Need To Be Realistic! / Why Christian Women Cheat On Their Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by aktolly54(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2013
A helpful guide from dating expert Renee Lee for every woman-and man-on why ladies go rogue. Does this apply to you?

By Carson Griffith

As far as stereotypes go, a wandering eye and the urge to jump into bed with multiple partners seems to be built into a man's DNA, but when it comes to cheating, the sexes are created more equally than we think. (Cough, Kristen Stewart, cough.) Renee Lee, a relationship expert with a masters in psychology, dishes out five reasons why women cheat.

1. Going Through A Transition

"If it is graduating, turning a certain age, losing a parent or advancing the relationship status, women become introspective," explains Lee. "Even if it is something she wants, such as just getting engaged or graduating, the transition can stir up an array of emotions about where her life is going or where she is in it. The discomfort of change can trigger an impulsive desire to find someone to take her focus off the change and be a diversion for what she is going through."

Related: 10 Ways To Finally Get Over Him

2. Not Feeling Adequately Celebrated

We've all been here: "May it be getting a promotion, organizing a fundraiser, or making Thanksgiving dinner for a party of 20, men often make the misstep of not complimenting their partner's achievements," Lee says. "Women seek an emotional connection that their partner notices them, is proud of their achievements, and appreciates what they do, so when they aren't getting this at home the residual effects lead to feelings of frustration, dissatisfaction, depression, and restlessness."

And that's when they could go looking for it elsewhere. "When you are living in the day to day with someone, it is challenging to step outside a situation and notice the things that do matter to someone," adds Lee "As this wears down over time, so as soon as the woman encounters someone who ignites the spark they are lacking at home, they equate it to an emotional connection and seek companionship with someone else."

3. Feeling A Relationship Ending

"When a woman feels that uneasy sense that a relationship is on the outs, by either her doing or his, she will often look to fill the void externally to soften the blow," Lee reasons for a woman's infidelity. "If she is the one considering the breakup, she may be using this tactic as a challenge to herself both testing the waters, and then gauge if she can go through with it."

4. It's Just Not Fun Anymore

...But it's too hard to pull the plug. "When you don't laugh, you don't love. Laughter is one of the key elements in a relationship that often gets overlooked," Lee explains, simply. "When stresses of day to day life become the dominant factor in a relationship, women feel unhappy. When they come across a coworker, or friend that they have a good time with, it suddenly brings to light what is missing in their own relationship and becomes tempting to act upon."

Related: 6 Times He Wants You To Take Control

5. It's Boring In The Bedroom

Men aren't the only ones who need to spice things up. "Women need to feel desired!" Lee declares. "If she is not getting any, enough, or nothing to talk about, women start to feel a sexual void. With the popularity of books such as Fifty Shades of Grey, television shows, or listening to friends talk about their fun single trysts, women have that moment when they compare their love life at home to what the rest of the world seems to be experiencing." And that's when she may start to wonder what she's missing.

"Though it is easy to pinpoint the flaws in one's sex life, it is often hard to make the changes needed to correct them," adds Lee. "This creates a temptation in women to seek sexual satisfaction elsewhere with someone they don't have the baggage with and can be more uninhibited."

Now you know why women cheat. But we say, if you're thinking about cheating, just break up with the guy, before you move on to a new one.

SOURCE; http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/5-realistic-reasons-why-women-cheat-212700926.html
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Sanboy25: 10:08pm On May 21, 2013

Hum thanks for the information. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Agrika: 3:14am On May 22, 2013
Ok,
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 5:59am On May 22, 2013
People cheat cos they are dogs........the end

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mustay(m): 6:34am On May 22, 2013
People finding silly excuses for the irresposible things they do!

These apply to men and women, not Mr & Mrs.
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 6:40am On May 22, 2013
Mustay: People finding silly excuses for the irresposible things they do!

These apply to men and women, not Mr & Mrs.
Lol
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2013
Mynd_44: People cheat cos they are dogs........the end
ehhhhh....sharap there!
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 7:35am On May 22, 2013
SLIDE waxie: ehhhhh....sharap there!
Guilty?
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Princesszoe: 9:53am On May 22, 2013
So Slide whats your point? That cheating is justified for some reasons ? I have never seen you in this nairaland offering decent and moral advise. Mynd you need not to worry for by their posts/fruits, you shall know them. In additional to what the op posted, women lust too. And lusting can lead to cheating. Most times some of them want to test other sizes of manhood to know how sweet or bitter they are. I was able to gather these informations from some married ladies. Some men equally cheat and this angers some of their faithful wives thereby pushing them into cheating as well. Cheating men beware. Cheating is bad. Cheating in marriage kills the glory of God in that marriage. That is why the worst candidate of marriage is one who lacks the fear of God.

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Okijajuju: 9:57am On May 22, 2013
People cheat because they cheat.. There is no real reason to it.

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 10:04am On May 22, 2013
most woman cheat so that they do not look like nagging woman. if you do not give her the attention and she wants to avoid you saying she is nagging. she will not nag but she will cheat so that someone else gives her the attention and you will always be in the dark and think she is such a quet woman

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by greedie1(f): 11:02am On May 22, 2013
crap
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2013
Monicasque: most woman cheat so that they do not look like nagging woman. if you do not give her the attention and she wants to avoid you saying she is nagging. she will not nag but she will cheat so that someone else gives her the attention and you will always be in the dark and think she is such a quet woman

Huh?? Is that what you would do?
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 12:17pm On May 23, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Huh?? Is that what you would do?

i do not want to lie so yes that is what i do. i have been with my man for 13months now and very strategic in it. Before i met him i used to dump guys to quick. 6 months would be a lot for me simply because i was too nagging ( according to them). i am someone who likes attention and i realised that men do not give the attention we need. they like their own space, guys nite out etc so i decided that if i want to keep him i must learn from the past ones i have had before. i realised that if i am going to always nag for attention i would end up alone so i decided to stop nagging, ke quet and cheat. that way i get to hold on to the one i truely love, give him love and respect but when he pisses me off, i calmly smile at him and tell him not to worry as all is fine and he is forgiven then i call the standby guy who is always there for me. He was my first but ruined his chances of real love from me so i decided to allow him to be in my life after he told me that he had changed. He does not know that i love someone else, when i do not nag him also he thinks its just me not wanting to be a nuisence. Should one of them decide to marry me, that is when i will be loyal to one and take all the nonsence but before i get a ring on my fingure, i will not allow myself to be a victim of neglect. i am way too young to play a frustrated house wife

2 Likes

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 12:46pm On May 23, 2013
Monicasque:

i do not want to lie so yes that is what i do. i have been with my man for 13months now and very strategic in it. Before i met him i used to dump guys to quick. 6 months would be a lot for me simply because i was too nagging ( according to them). i am someone who likes attention and i realised that men do not give the attention we need. they like their own space, guys nite out etc so i decided that if i want to keep him i must learn from the past ones i have had before. i realised that if i am going to always nag for attention i would end up alone so i decided to stop nagging, ke quet and cheat. that way i get to hold on to the one i truely love, give him love and respect but when he pisses me off, i calmly smile at him and tell him not to worry as all is fine and he is forgiven then i call the standby guy who is always there for me. He was my first but ruined his chances of real love from me so i decided to allow him to be in my life after he told me that he had changed. He does not know that i love someone else, when i do not nag him also he thinks its just me not wanting to be a nuisence. Should one of them decide to marry me, that is when i will be loyal to one and take all the nonsence but before i get a ring on my fingure, i will not allow myself to be a victim of neglect. i am way too young to play a frustrated house wife

shocked shocked shocked

Babes. It is never a good idea to cheat. So what will you do when you are married? Nag your husband to death or cheat on him regularly? And what happens when your man finds out you are cheating on him?

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 12:50pm On May 23, 2013
^^
She will cheat when she marries na. E dey hard?
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
She will cheat when she marries na. E dey hard?

smh. cry

And some poor dude will take her as his wife to cherish and to love till death do us part.
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 23, 2013
Topic should be changed to 5 ridiculous excuses why some women cheat.

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Youngpo413: 1:01pm On May 23, 2013
Nashville: Topic should be changed to 5 ridiculous excuses why some women cheat.

daz all
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 1:04pm On May 23, 2013

smh. cry

And some poor dude will take her as his wife to cherish and to love till death do us part.
Too bad
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 1:04pm On May 23, 2013
Nashville: Topic should be changed to 5 ridiculous excuses why some women cheat.
Truth!!
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Too bad

Do you think she means it or is she just messing about tongue
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 3:52pm On May 23, 2013

Do you think she means it or is she just messing about tongue

i mean it. its either i do this or always be stressed when he makes me upset. i choose to forgive but i still choose my happines. Life is too short to play victim to circumstances lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2013
Monicasque:

i mean it. its either i do this or always be stressed when he makes me upset. i choose to forgive but i still choose my happines. Life is too short to play victim to circumstances lipsrsealed

So what will you do when you marry sad
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 4:06pm On May 23, 2013

So what will you do when you marry sad

when i marry i will know that i now belong to someone legally and i value the saying that '' what God put together, let no man separate'' . Marriage should be valued and we all know that it has its own ups and downs so i made up my mind a long time ago that marriage is the only thing that will make me to be loyal and take anyone's crap coz i simply do not like divorce. So what i mean is the only time i will stop cheating on a man who does not pay attention to me. Guys please be real, men will never ever get to a point where the devote all their time to their wives so because i will be having his ring on my fingure, families and God involved and all then i will take all the crap without fighting back or cheating coz i will have his money to console me. when he makes me upset i will be having unending excess to his cash so i will simpply go shopping
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
please note that my post above does not mean that i am a gold digger. i have my own cash and i never ask men for money. The fact that i am independent financialy does mean that i am stupid or i wana show the guy how much i can supply for my self. Its just a strategy for him to notice that i am not after his cash coz he already know that i have mine. This way he will trust me with his own cash and he will even see me as different from the rest who seem to be clearly after cash. What he does not know is that i do not want to have excess to his money for just a few months while we are dating, i am waiting for the day we get married then i will truely spend his money without any remorse. When that day comes, gues whose money i will be flying around with, visiting the spa with, buying clothes and jewelery with. This does not mean i will not take care of the household financial needs, it just means that when my husband decides to neglect me as men always do, his money will be spent carelessly by me as a form of comfort because i will not want to cheat so better spend his hard earned cash and spare mine

1 Like

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2013
please note that my post above does not mean that i am a gold digger. i have my own cash and i never ask men for money. The fact that i am independent financialy does mean that i am stupid or i wana show the guy how much i can supply for my self. Its just a strategy for him to notice that i am not after his cash coz he already know that i have mine. This way he will trust me with his own cash and he will even see me as different from the rest who seem to be clearly after cash. What he does not know is that i do not want to have excess to his money for just a few months while we are dating, i am waiting for the day we get married then i will truely spend his money without any remorse. When that day comes, gues whose money i will be flying around with, visiting the spa with, buying clothes and jewelery with. This does not mean i will not take care of the household financial needs, it just means that when my husband decides to neglect me as men always do, his money will be spent carelessly by me as a form of comfort because i will not want to cheat so better spend his hard earned cash and spare mine
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Mynd44: 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
So a woman who cheats during courtship will suddenly change once the ring is on her finger and she will console herself with the man's money and then she will remain loyal and they will live happily every after...

What a load of BS

2 Likes

Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 4:23pm On May 23, 2013
Mynd_44: So a woman who cheats during courtship will suddenly change once the ring is on her finger and she will console herself with the man's money and then she will remain loyal and they will live happily every after...

What a load of BS

many woman have done it. why not. Woman cheat during courtship coz they do not know what tomorrow hold. You might wake up one day and meet another girl and marry her, where will that lv me? so we cheat during courtship so that we also find our own Mr Right just incase you or the Mr Right decides he is too clever and plays me but in marriage i already know that you are mine and mine alone so your money is the next best thing to your time. check out how many married woman have bad money spending habits and most of them will tell you that its becoz the hubby nver has time for her so she avoids cheating by using cash
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by AtheistD(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2013
^^^

Good luck with your future marriage. So what if things get tight for your husband financially and he has to spend more time at work to make ends meet having less time for you and hence ignoring you, how will you cope?
Re: 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat by Monicasque(f): 4:47pm On May 23, 2013
^^^

Good luck with your future marriage. So what if things get tight for your husband financially and he has to spend more time at work to make ends meet having less time for you and hence ignoring you, how will you cope?

spend the cash he works so hard for? look i am not gona marry a guy who struggles to make ends meet. so i will speeeeeeeeeeenddddddddddd his cashhhhhhhhhhh. i know the kind of people i associate with and i know how i behave around them so there is no way i will marry a poor man. its better to cry in a Lexus than in a citi.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? / She Insists On Reading My Messages!!!!! / >>>>>>>>>>>strictly For Guyz <<<<<<<<<<<[pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.